• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Except it was a good bug that benefitted the squad. Recon beacons are now useless unless you purposely camp and stay alive forever now. Good job, DICE. :/

oh, i agree that the recon equipment should stay, i mean, they have audio and/or visual indicators that help give away their presence and location. people can find them and destroy them. i'm just saying that from day 0, they stated it would destroy after you respawned. no spawn loops. it worked better pre-patch, and they shouldn't get destroyed even if you spawn recon again... maybe have the current way be only for hardcore and have a checkbox for PC server configs...

Recon Equipment Lasts Forever [x]

Every time I get shot at by it w/ frags I always try and spin around to locate where the vehicle is that I somehow missed. But it's not a vehicle... just some douche.

OK another thing.... they need to SERIOUSLY nerf the lock range on the stingers. A single infantryman should not be able to own the entire friggin sky. Make them OHK, that's fine. But neuter the range. These were supposed to stop circle strafing not grant complete air superiority.

I never have a co-pilot that's worth a shit or who carries flares. I'm lucky to have a gunner at all most of the time. I seriously hate even getting into aircraft anymore because every damn thing and their brother can lock you from a mile away. There's too much shit to keep track of. And you get zero indication of what's locking you or where they are. I have to fight the other choppers, dodge jet pilots, avoid 3rd seat tanks, 50 cal MG's, AA Tank, MAV, SOFLAM.... and now little bitches who camp in weird spots (ignoring objectives!) so they can peg you with a stinger.

If a chopper is hounding some objective, or your tank, or a group of infantry... the stinger should be the deterrent... but as it stands now, the range is ridiculous. The reload is incredibly short. And one hit disable the chopper so you can't gain alt and you lose most control.

It's really bad. Two games in a row DICE has fucked up choppers. And now we have these stupid jets that shouldn't even be in the console version.

whoa there! Jets are awesome and it's two hits to disable now! one stinger does 45%

i have way more fun with air vehicles being hard than easy mode in BC2.

can perfect balance ever be achieved!?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
yup... i'm done with this game.

take me off the platoon. im trading this garbage in tomorrow.

JJD

I never have a co-pilot that's worth a shit or who carries flares.

I'll fly with youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Lol seriously, I'll gun for you! I had a blast with a great chopper pilot on Karg rush, and I'm just missing a couple points until I unlock gunner missiles! I run with stealh and flares when I'm gunning, just PM me when you're online!

Wait, what????

At least wait until Karkand man!

olimpia84

So what's up with servers that have low people count? It seems that if you make one team rage quit the game doesn't bring any new people over. It's really annoying and it didn't use to be like that. Meh, I'll just go and play Zelda SS until it gets busier later tonight.

JJD

So what's up with servers that have low people count? It seems that if you make one team rage quit the game doesn't bring any new people over. It's really annoying and it didn't use to be like that. Meh, I'll just go and play Zelda SS until it gets busier later tonight.

I don't know man, but I'm really pissed that all those games were the whole opposing team rage quit count as a loss to me on Battlelog. My last 5 losses have been either because the other team quitted the game or because I joined the game (on the winning side) right at the end of the match. That is fucked up.

olimpia84

I don't know man, but I'm really pissed that all those games were the whole opposing team rage quit count as a loss to me on Battlelog. My last 5 losses have been either because the other team quitted the game or because I joined the game (on the winning side) right at the end of the match. That is fucked up.

Yeah I got two "losses" that way earlier today while playing Squad Rush.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ugh, randoms are getting on my nerves. I really need to co-ordinate with gaffers more to set up games. I always forget to invite people. So pumped for B2K though. Karkand is my favorite MP map ever

Doctor_20

Banned
Why does everyone play recon?

I was playing Conquest today and, I kid you not, the entire other team was sniping. They lost horribly. However, every other time I play all the recon kiddies are on my team totally fucking up squads. We don't need 6 snipers when attacking. Especially on Seine Crossing.

Finally! Engineers get points for healing choppers in the air! If anyone wants an eng that'll just sit there shotgun and heal you all round I'm your man. PSN ID: kurisub.

eek5

Why does everyone play recon?

I was playing Conquest today and, I kid you not, the entire other team was sniping. They lost horribly. However, every other time I play all the recon kiddies are on my team totally fucking up squads. We don't need 6 snipers when attacking. Especially on Seine Crossing.

sniping is fun?

JJD

Well, for all the fear that prone and tripods caused when they were announced it's funny how snipers are much less annoying than on BC2! I seriously can't remember the last time I was sniped in BF3.

Most snipers I see nowadays are assault snipers, or at least mid range snipers and they're are actually *gasp* helping the team!!!

Well, for all the fear that prone and tripods caused when they were announced is funny how snipers are much less annoying than on BC2! I seriously can't remember the last time I was sniped in BF3.

Most snipers I see nowadays are assault snipers, or at least mid range snipers and they're are actually *gasp* helping the team!!!

well, it's because they nerfed the crap out of the recon class.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
well, it's because they nerfed the crap out of the recon class.

And most of the maps don't really work for sniper rifles. Let's see how the class/sniping is in Wake. Which I feel will actually bring the sniping action for the SV98/Bolt-Actions back.

Kak.efes

If anyones interested in attaining easy points in the helicopter as a gunner, toss me a friend invite. PSN: bKak. I'll get you to the TV-Missile in no time.

rdrr gnr

If anyones interested in attaining easy points in the helicopter as a gunner, toss me a friend invite. PSN: bKak. I'll get you to the TV-Missile in no time.
TV missile blows. I'll see if I can't add you when I get a chance to play tomorrow night. My info is in the OP in case you want to preempt me. Always looking for competent players.

Did you go back to Rush?
Well, for all the fear that prone and tripods caused when they were announced it's funny how snipers are much less annoying than on BC2! I seriously can't remember the last time I was sniped in BF3.

I miss my ACOG M-95 so much. I helped my team by humiliating shotgunners.

JJD

Hey, I'm adding you man! Since Evolved is quitting the game I don't have a pilot anymore!

Which unlocks a gunner should equip when playing with you?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I want to enjoy the MP, so gaf help me out. Show me the ways between which class should I really use, weapon choice, and for god sakes aiming in this game.

The horrible spawning/starting weapons are killing the vibe.

-Silver-

I've noticed that a lot of random gunners for the Attack choppers never bother with flares.

If anyone has been my gunner, I apologize if I play shit, sometimes I do well, other times I don't. I also roll with with extinguisher so if you hear a missile coming towards me, flare.

JJD

I've noticed that a lot of random gunners for the Attack choppers never bother with flares.

If anyone has been my gunner, I apologize if I play shit, sometimes I do well, other times I don't. I also roll with with extinguisher so if you hear a missile coming towards me, flare.

Hey man, we had a good game on Kharg yesterday!! I was running with flares, tried to help the best I could, you were good!

Whenever you're up to flying, if you see me online just PM me!

olimpia84

I want to enjoy the MP, so gaf help me out. Show me the ways between which class should I really use, weapon choice, and for god sakes aiming in this game.

Engineer is the most useful class in the game. If you're playing a vehicle map make sure to play as Engineer for sure. As far as weapons, it's really hard to tell because each one has their own favorite but with the latest patch I think they all behave similarly as far as damage, range, etc.

paskowitz

Engineer is the best to be of the most use to your team early on. For aiming RDS or HOLO sights are the best IMO. I almost exclusively run the SCAR H with a HOLO sight, grip and silencer. The grip and silencer greatly reduce the recoil. Just be mindful you only have a 21 round clip and its one of the best weapons. Best way to get points is to either repair or destroy. Just keep firing RPGs/SMAWs at tanks and you will rank up.

Support is the next class you may want to tackle. The starting gun sucks, but you just have to slug through it. After than the best strategy is to play on maps with narrow corridors and sight lines, equip the bipod and just lay down fire. Support for me is less run while gunning and more run then gun, then run.

Recon. Not easy to start out with. However the starting guns are very capable. I use the MK11 almost as an assault class. Acog, silencer, grip. Works very well in medium range encounters. Your other jobs are to place spawn beacons in strategic locations for your squad so they can get to the fight more expediently and tactically. You can also get a ton of points spotting enemies and with the select button and the motion sensor. I use the starting 2 guns until I got the last on which is the .50 cal... which just wrecks.

I do not play assault as I find it is almost worthless.

Shooting5280

Neo Member
I posted this on the trade page but thought I would post it here if I dont have any takers soon I will find someone local to give it to.
"I have a Battlefield 3 Bestbuy dog tag pack I would like to trade for a physical warfare pack code PM me if interested. "

I posted this on the trade page but thought I would post it here if I dont have any takers soon I will find someone local to give it to.
"I have a Battlefield 3 Bestbuy dog tag pack I would like to trade for a physical warfare pack code PM me if interested. "

you should clarify for what system.

also, i am now accepting dr. pepper codes or any kind of preorder code for PS3!

Evolved1

You're one of gaf's best pilots in any vehicle. And honestly the only gaf pilot that intimidates me a bit if we're 1v1 in a tank or chopper confrontation.

I think it's only happened a couple times, but you're definitely ahead in that contest. (though I did get you the other day on Caspian tank battle and I didn't even have a gunner/engineer! still i was crapping my pants though and got kinda lucky)

Kak.efes

I usually run with stealth and flares as a pilot. I find if the gunner runs with stealth also, there's no need for a second set of counter measures, since my flares reset by the time the second lock is on it's way, and I've gotten pretty good at disengaging behind buildings, and then reengaging again. This also gives the gunner the opportunity to run with thermal. I had a random gunner go 21-0 on caspian once, and I'm pretty sure he had thermal because he was picking people off from miles away.

I find the biggest obstacle in the helicopter is random jets smashing into you, and sending you nose diving into the ground.

-Silver-

As much as I love the compliments, Evolved, either you are mistakening me for someone else or you're thinking about BC2. I'm improving in tanks but choppers are something I need to work on to get better consistently. Of course, practicing on the Choppers can be tricky as jets love to play kiss chase when they see you.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So uh...just confirming that since the patch it is impossible to resume your campaign? Says connection lost to EA Online every time I try to load it. PS3 version here.

Evolved1

As much as I love the compliments, Evolved, either you are mistakening me for someone else or you're thinking about BC2. I'm improving in tanks but choppers are something I need to work on to get better consistently. Of course, practicing on the Choppers can be tricky as jets love to play kiss chase when they see you.

You are hunting beast, right?

If so, well I can definitively state that you have owned me enough times since BC2 that I hate playing against you... and generally will not.

Haven't seen you fly choppers in BF3 but I watched you decimate the attackers on Kharg once when you were in a jet... so I just assumed.

And yeah... I'm also considering BC2 since it applies... hated going against you in that game as well.

Every once in a while you play against someone that just seems to have your number... and for whatever reason you always kill me! This is why I will always send you invites when you're on the opposite team. Lol. It's true.

TheSeks

WHOS YOUR FUCKING DADDY!?

Also Last Set Metro award arming goes to... ME! Guys: Seriously... B IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A. I dunno why everyone goes to A, but yeah... if we speed cap B we can throw grenade/smoke (got a smoke kill there, Faceless. <3) and g. launcher explosions at them to get in there to arm it and then everyone else holds it with explosions. A is Easy. B is impossible after that's taken.

TheSeks

Man, USAS 12 sounds like a friggin tank!

Awesome match we managed to get through on Metro while attacking. That third set is awful trying to get.

Yeah, they started to abuse the U Suck Ass Skank (<3 Splinter) with Frag Rounds, which is cheap as hell. :/

Top Bottom