• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Man, USAS 12 sounds like a friggin tank!

Awesome match we managed to get through on Metro while attacking. That third set is awful trying to get.

HECK YEAH
0 Ticket arm baby.
3 guys literally spawned right in front of the m-com while I was arming

Also 100 ticket on rush now? that's interesting.

--------------------------------
Recon nerf is so annoying.

The USAS spam was so bad...for a moment I thought they added a tank to metro or something lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No, it's only 100 tickets if you speed cap, AFAIK. It's 75 if you're under 75, otherwise it gives a bonus to 100 if you're at 75 tickets. It's always been that way.

Dave1988

HECK YEAH
0 Ticket arm baby.
3 guys literally spawned right in front of the m-com while I was arming

--------------------------------
Recon nerf is so annoying.

The USAS spam was so bad...for a moment I thought they added a tank to metro or something lol.

Metro always had 100 tickets. I think it's the only Rush map to have 100 tickets.

TheSeks

Now? It's not like it's impossible to get the TDM medal. I did it by myself and riding on the wave of good killers on my team (and abusing the PDW's to good effect).

I'm surprised Olimpia played Squad Rush. *gasp*

I'll probably never get the SR or SDM medals, can't care for either of those gametypes.

paskowitz

No. That set-up blows. I tried that set-up with my pilot for a few days and the ECM Jammer/TV Missile combo simply doesn't cut it.

Pilot: Laser Painter, Extinguisher, Rockets.
Gunner: Stealth, Flares, Guided Missiles.

The above combo keeps you in the air the longest and is capable of doing the most damage to both air and ground targets.

You are doing it wrong then. Also it blows for you and how you play, not in general. Let me explain.

Now, I will not deny laser painter gives you a huge edge if you can get up close to another aircraft. But it is always safer to engage from a distance. A good pilot will lock on to you a second time before your extinguisher can do its work.

ECM has one advantage over flairs, it defeats multiple lock-ons. You have to remember, like the video says, you have to use it before they fire their missile. If you hear the beep that indicates a missile has fired, you partner simply pops flairs. This makes things hard for those fucking SAMs and IGLAs. Chances are if the opposing team is good, multiple enemies will be locking on to you. For the TV missile you just have to know how to use and communicate with the pilot. It is a one shot 90% of the time. The guided missile is a bit weaker. Yes, its not very maneuverable, but again, you can engage from a very far distance.

olimpia84

Like Seks said TDM is not too bad, you just gotta be lucky and try to end up in a good team of randoms and hope they stick around. For some reason, people don't stay very long when playing TDM; they play a game or two and quit.

Now, SDM on the other hand...I could need some help in that one. I'm still debating if I should go for the medal or not. My W/L dropped like a bomb lately thanks to all those squad rush games and playing more frequently with randoms in conquest and I'm sure it'll drop even more if I attempt SDM

TheSeks

Squad Deathmatch isn't too bad, provided you have a good squad of randoms. I went like 19-0 sneaking around and popping people in the face while hoping my squad mates didn't die in the first and ONLY round I did for it. I'd do it for the medal, but like I said: I don't really care for the gametype. Same as Squad Rush, don't care for it and it really penalizes me more than Conquest/Rush/TDM does.

TDM's shitty spawns are annoying, but if you're tired of Rush/Conquest and are able to turn your mind off and just shoot shit, it's a good side-casual mode.

dear DICE persion that thought the "Drop 'Em Like Liquid" achievement was a good idea: WHAT THE FUCK!?

took like 30 tries with my brother, more than twice the tries than for all the others COMBINED!

and yeah, SDM will be the worst medal ever.

olimpia84

Squad Deathmatch isn't too bad, provided you have a good squad of randoms. I went like 19-0 sneaking around and popping people in the face while hoping my squad mates didn't die in the first and ONLY round I did for it. I'd do it for the medal, but like I said: I don't really care for the gametype. Same as Squad Rush, don't care for it and it really penalizes me more than Conquest/Rush/TDM does.

TDM's shitty spawns are annoying, but if you're tired of Rush/Conquest and are able to turn your mind off and just shoot shit, it's a good side-casual mode.

SR is actually a lot of fun if you play it with the right people. It's definitely the most tense mode since you don't have a whole lot of room for mistakes. It's also the ultimate test of squad teamwork, which is critical for success.

olimpia84

Also ggs Blue, JJD and that other dude that added me as a friend today. Out of 12 games we won 11...damn I want that Seine Crossing game we lost back! It was mostly my fault since I played like crap towards the beginning and gave away so many tickets by dying time and time again.

Glad to see Blue finally got the game, he's one of my favorite persons to play Conquest with.

JJD

Also ggs Blue, JJD and that other dude that added me as a friend today. Out of 12 games we won 11...damn I want that Seine Crossing game we lost back! It was mostly my fault since I played like crap towards the beginning and gave away so many tickets by dying time and time again.

Glad to see Blue finally got the game, he's one of my favorite persons to play Conquest with.

C'mon man, do you really believe that you were responsible for that loss? Even after you got the MVP ribbon by more than a 1.000 thousands points? Did you forgot that horrible, horrible tank driver that we had for the first quarter of the game? We also got C4'd once because I wasn't watching our back remember?

Look at the stats, outside our squad our whole team a had a huge negative K/D. They couldn't do shit, couldn't even take A while we capped all the other flags at the very end of the match. It was a shitty game indeed, and we could have won (we lost by 6 tickets), but no one from our squad (even that dude) were responsible for the outcome!

Contrary to popular belief 4 gaffers can't win a game just by themselves. And the other team played exceptionally well after sucking for awhile, and after that game they started sucking again as usual.

I'm also really glad Blue finally got the game, loved playing with him on BC2! His only problem is that he only plays on really late hours, and I'm trying to get to bed early lately...my last game today was at fucking 6:00 AM... :-(

TheSeks

dear DICE persion that thought the "Drop 'Em Like Liquid" achievement was a good idea: WHAT THE FUCK!?

took like 30 tries with my brother, more than twice the tries than for all the others COMBINED!

I'm willing to run co-op with you if you're willing to bang your head and help me figure out a mic-less hearing-less system for Mission 3/Ninja and Mission 5/Bullseye's achievements in like an hour or two.

I'm willing to run co-op with you if you're willing to bang your head and help me figure out a mic-less hearing-less system for Mission 3/Ninja and Mission 5/Bullseye's achievements in like an hour or two.

i've been trying to think of ways to do this for a few minutes now, and i really can't think of one that would work on "Drop 'Em Like Liquid", that part near the end with the 3 sets of 3 guys and the sniper just requires so much timing to not cause an alert.

i think "Exfiltration" could be possible if you shot first and i shoot as soon as i hear your shots.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i've been trying to think of ways to do this for a few minutes now, and i really can't think of one that would work on "Drop 'Em Like Liquid", that part near the end with the 3 sets of 3 guys and the sniper just requires so much timing to not cause an alert.

i think "Exfiltration" could be possible if you shot first and i shoot as soon as i hear your shots.

First just agree beforehand which target (left or right) that you'll always fire on, and when you're in position to shoot... spot one of the enemies (doesn't matter which, game is really janky for co-op spotting) to let seks know you're ready, and then shoot when you hear his shot.

I tried to do this with seks once but he kept spotting the enemies first haha....

There's just that one two guy + CCTV shot that's pretty tricky.

I think I know how to do it, but haven't had a chance to test the strategy.

JJD

First just agree beforehand which target (left or right) that you'll always fire on, and when you're in position to shoot... spot one of the enemies (doesn't matter which, game is really janky for co-op spotting) to let seks know you're ready, and then shoot when you hear his shot.

I tried to do this with seks once but he kept spotting the enemies first haha....

There's just that one two guy + CCTV shot that's pretty tricky.

I think I know how to do it, but haven't had a chance to test the strategy.

On that part (in the stairs right?) have Seks shot the CCTV, and as soon as he does it, Faceless shoots the 2 guys, I don't remember very well, but I guess you can line then up, I got really close before shooting. If you drop the guys quickly you won't get an alert. I did it with a random once, unloaded the whole silenced pistol clip on then. No matter what you do, always get the CCTV first on that part, and play on easy.

I still haven't got the drop then like liquid trophy though...my friend always fucks things up on the 3 teams of 3 guys and sniper part...the rest of the mission is really easy.

TheSeks

Didn't one of the achievement videos do that part in Drop 'Em Like Liquid without any alert for it?

I just played defending three matches in a row! Really weird team balancing.

Did C4 always stay when you die? I notice now I've been getting kills whenever I respawn and detonate my c4.

TheSeks

Sorry Cal, Scorch: I wasn't playing too hot. Kept getting C4'ed and rocketed on the tanks because no one would get in the gunner except for Scorch who would hop out into danger and get mown down to try to repair despite me backtracking to let the tank regen. :p

Up and down in W/L. Last round was terrible because we kept arming third set but I couldn't get close do to LOLOL TWO TANKS and like numerous AT mines in the road. So stupid, I'm thinking they staggered engineers which is impressive but frustrating.

And I also can not fly the ZW-1 or whatever the scout helicopter in Damavand is. Trying to learn it since we had them on defense lock down with me spotting from the sky. Can't hit shit with the mini-guns (OH NOES MY ACCURACY! D: *rolls eyes*) and kept teeter-tottering trying to correct and hit the dudes. Got like three of them, unlocking stealth (yay?) but belt-speed is next and I feel that's a more important stat for the upcoming rocket unlock than Stealth/Flares.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

and yeah, SDM will be the worst medal ever.

Just got this last night too. Took about 3 hours. Once we had it down it was so, so easy but getting the timing and positioning and not having the fackin mission bug on us all on one run took a bit.

Didn't one of the achievement videos do that part in Drop 'Em Like Liquid without any alert for it?
That's what the trophy is for: rescuing the hostages without any alerts. The 3x3 part is the trickiest since once you open fire on one of the 3 guys you have to put them all down quickly and it's difficult finding vantage points where you can both see all 3 groups (meaning one of you will be trying to snipe guys you can barely see). Took me and my buddy 17 attempts to get Bullseye.

Ninjas can easily be done without mics though.

Seks you need to find someone who's willing to spend the time to see each one through to conclusion with you, and then you need to do a shitload of planning and research before you start (and both of you need to be crystal clear on the plan). I would love to give it a go for the challenge but timezone and lag rule me out I think.

TheSeks

That's what the trophy is for: rescuing the hostages without any alerts. The 3x3 part is the trickiest since once you open fire on one of the 3 guys you have to put them all down quickly and it's difficult finding vantage points where you can both see all 3 groups (meaning one of you will be trying to snipe guys you can barely see). Took me and my buddy 17 attempts to get Bullseye.

Nononono. There's parts where the dudes stop. Take them out. IIRC the Sniper is taken out after the other dudes and there is no alert. I recall an achievement video not breaking stealth and waiting for the enemies to stop moving before firing.

Calion

Sorry Cal, Scorch: I wasn't playing too hot. Kept getting C4'ed and rocketed on the tanks because no one would get in the gunner except for Scorch who would hop out into danger and get mown down to try to repair despite me backtracking to let the tank regen. :p

I was in your gunner for a round or so. On attacking Tehran 1st base, I got around 8ish kills as your gunner. :/

But seriously, we could not take the second sets of almost anything. AHH. >_<

you have to do it without alerts to get the achievement and it's so tandem and fast, you REALLY need communication there. that was the point where my brother and i failed the most and we were in the same house.

I just played defending three matches in a row! Really weird team balancing.

Did C4 always stay when you die? I notice now I've been getting kills whenever I respawn and detonate my c4.

no, DICE broke C4 in the update. what's funny is it keeps happening! in BC1 the game launched with the ability and they fixed it, in BC2, the beta had it and they fixed it for launch, now it worked properly at launch and they broke it in an update!

Just got this last night too. Took about 3 hours. Once we had it down it was so, so easy but getting the timing and positioning and not having the fackin mission bug on us all on one run took a bit.

the part with the 3 sets of 3 guys was just a pain, the rest, once you know, it's easy.

Nononono. There's parts where the dudes stop. Take them out. IIRC the Sniper is taken out after the other dudes and there is no alert. I recall an achievement video not breaking stealth and waiting for the enemies to stop moving before firing.
the 3x3 dudes don't stop moving though, and they will eventually get to the squad you're covering on the other side. the sniper is a non-issue really.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yep..the 3 pack..that was where we got caught up every single fackin time. Everything before and after is so unbelievably easy. For us it was more a matter of positioning than the actual shots. Once we knew where both of us would be it took like 3 tries.

TheSeks

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There's also the issue of the game not properly registering headshots on that sniper mission. It happens very frequently.

Hit a guy in the head and........ nothing.

Have to play the entire level over.

TheSeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5eSsrn-aj4

that's the video i watched, and you can see even from 4:30-5:30 to in that video, some of those dudes in the 3x3 area just do not want to die!

Well, besides that area I think the mission itself is easier than "Ninja" which seems fucking impossible to get. But if you want to try with me I'm willing to play right now. I just have to go boot the PS3.

Soma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5eSsrn-aj4

that's the video i watched, and you can see even from 4:30-5:30 to in that video, some of those dudes in the 3x3 area just do not want to die!

you don't need to shoot the sniper. you can kill him after you get the 3 sets of 3 dudes.

haha that's the same thing that happened to me and one of my friends last night. that damn middle group would just not go down.

i was just chalking it up to lag since he's in another country. that's the last co-op trophy we need too.

Either they shot the sniper quickly and the other player/off-camera doesn't show it of they ignored the sniper to take the other dudes out before him.

The sniper doesn't seem to count towards the alert (I guess he doesn't have comms?). He appears after the 3 groups are down and you can take as long as you want and as many shots as you like to take him out without the alert status popping up.

Well, besides that area I think the mission itself is easier than "Ninja" which seems fucking impossible to get. But if you want to try with me I'm willing to play right now. I just have to go boot the PS3.
Ninjas is easy, I played it with a friend and he got the trophy on our very first attempt. If you're struggling with it then there's probably a flaw in your approach; although I haven't played it without comms I can't see that being an issue on that level.

let's do it!

haha that's the same thing that happened to me and one of my friends last night. that damn middle group would just not go down.

i was just chalking it up to lag since he's in another country. that's the last co-op trophy we need too.
yeah, the middle group was a total pain for us. the others were a pain sometimes too. and occasionally, the shot before with 2 guys standing together it hit them both but the 2nd one would live and alert. and like i said, my brother and i were in the same house, just different rooms, and it was still a pain!

yeah, the middle group was a total pain for us. the others were a pain sometimes too. and occasionally, the shot before with 2 guys standing together it hit them both but the 2nd one would live and alert. and like i said, my brother and i were in the same house, just different rooms, and it was still a pain!
For the shot at 4:20 in the vid you posted (not the same one I used but I can't find mine) it helps a lot with that double headshot if the person taking that shot is down at river level. Makes it a piece of cake.

For the 3 groups of 3, the key is positioning: you need one guy in a great spot to take out the right group (so he will be deployed further to the right) and one guy in a great spot to get the middle group (usually deployed to the left). You want to do them in this order:

1. Get the leftmost group as soon as they start coming down those high stairs (you should both have a clear view of them and it should be easy).
  2. Take the rightmost group (most of the responsibility here falls to the right hand guy since the left guy won't have a very good view).
  3. Hit that middle group (most of the responsibility here falls to the left hand guy since the right guy won't have a very good view).

The important thing is speed, since the right hand guy only has a very short window where he can see the middle group, so if you're slow in taking out that right group then the middle group will be a big problem. Once you've taken out that left group you both need to really quickly snap to the right group, take them down, and then quickly snap to the middle group and take them down. Once the sniper appears you can put your feet up.

EDIT: Here's the vid I used as a starting point, it shows the river level double headshot very clearly at 4:41 (rewind a bit to see the position): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wf8WWiVDl8&hd=1

We did some things slightly differently from that vid:
4:03 - We took the two on the left (at the balcony) before the two on the right.
4:55 - I set up in the second spot he relocates to (over near the white van) right from the get go, rather than ever being at the top of the stairs there
5:35 - We did it exactly the same as in the video, I just wanted to point out how you can see that the left hand guy has most of the responsibility for that middle group
7:20 - We didn't take those two that early, we waited for them to move past that next obstruction so that they were standing below that fountain (there's a good chance for 'collateral' bullets if you wait until that moment too)
7:39 - We waited for those guys to stop by the railing
8:08 - These guys are a pain in the arse, my partner struggled to put his guy down (the one on the left) nearly every attempt and I generally had to take both or we failed :(
8:45 - Don't call for the breech until the guy walking to the right is basically just leaving view on the right (I think? Can't remember the exact point but I think that was it). That way he will be walking back in front of the other terrorists when the flashbangs get thrown and you can mow him down with the rest rather than trusting the NPC allies to take him out off screen (which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't). In this video the NPCs take him but in our experience that was a roll of the DICE that you really don't want to take if you've managed to take out the 3 x 3 group earlier (the biggest hurdle) successfully.

Waiting on you to get into BF3, duder.
Dude, did you not read what I posted about planning? Do you both know exactly which guy you're going to take at every single pairing? Without comms you need to plan that out in advance or you'll be back in here whinging about how broken these trophies are :p

Marvie_3

Banned
Really couldn't stand the PKP Pecheneg at first but I've really grown to love that gun. Mowed down a group of 6 or 7 in a hallway on Grand Bazaar and kept right on going. So good. :D

TheSeks

Dude, did you not read what I posted about planning? Do you both know exactly which guy you're going to take at every single pairing? Without comms you need to plan that out in advance or you'll be back in here whinging about how broken these trophies are :p

Didn't need it. Literally: Five tries with Faceless. I dunno how he did it, but we agreed on Left. I spotted. Count to three after making sure I got a headshot and he did it.

TheSeks

Faceless said:
i told you "drop 'em like liquid" would be waaay harder than "exfiltration"!

It's easy in theory it's just that stupid third group where I can barely see them.

JJD

Really couldn't stand the PKP Pecheneg at first but I've really grown to love that gun. Mowed down a group of 6 or 7 in a hallway on Grand Bazaar and kept right on going. So good. :D

Man the recoil on that gun when aiming down the sights is fucking huuuge!!!

TheSeks

Or the invisible walls...

Or the lag. Which we ran into.

My bad, man: I was trying to tell you I was going to line that last multiple shot since I took the other two. Didn't know it wasn't a wait-and-shoot like the first set. I screwed us out of the achievement after twenty attempts to get past the second set. >_< Then lag started to get bad to where I have to call it a day on that. At least we'll attempt it again tomorrow and since we know what we're going to do we should be able to get it with a little effort.

I'm surprised you're able to take tandem shots pretty easy. I fire and like a second after you hit your mark. I've attempted it with a few other GAF people and we never could hit the 1-2 mark like that.

TheSeks

Man the recoil on that gun when aiming down the sights is fucking huuuge!!!

Bipod really makes it good. Too bad Bipod isn't useful in most situations where you need the hip/ADS fire.

Top Bottom