• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Bipod really makes it good. Too bad Bipod isn't useful in most situations where you need the hip/ADS fire.

I guess it is good, I mean, I suck with bipods. I can't use then effectively and I got a couple kills with the bipod deployed in an alleyway!

If you're shooting hip/ADS though the vertical climb is sooo strong! Probably the strongest I've experienced until now!

Or the lag. Which we ran into.

My bad, man: I was trying to tell you I was going to line that last multiple shot since I took the other two. Didn't know it wasn't a wait-and-shoot like the first set. I screwed us out of the achievement after twenty attempts to get past the second set. >_< Then lag started to get bad to where I have to call it a day on that. At least we'll attempt it again tomorrow and since we know what we're going to do we should be able to get it with a little effort.

I'm surprised you're able to take tandem shots pretty easy. I fire and like a second after you hit your mark. I've attempted it with a few other GAF people and we never could hit the 1-2 mark like that.

old fighting game reflexes ;)

that lag seemed to be from my connection.. i played some conquest right after and it was lagging in and out...

Soma

T65Xj.jpg

chyeah boi~!

Kak.efes

I hate machine guns. They're too inaccurate.

ScreenShot2011-12-04at34558AM.png

Ridicule me, GAF!

I'm hoping I'll finally find an assault rifle that sets itself apart from the rest when the expansion hits next week.

rdrr gnr

I hate machine guns. They're too inaccurate.

ScreenShot2011-12-04at34558AM.png

Ridicule me, GAF!

I'm hoping I'll finally find an assault rifle that sets itself apart from the rest when the expansion hits next week.
Besides the USAS (I use it) being the king of all scrub guns, not bad. If you haven't found an assault rifle that stands out, you're doing it wrong. THE F2K is the best.

Jas

Good games this morning Rock and Dave!
Had a few really competitive games playing Conquest which were fun :)

WoodWERD

Has the green flickering (360) been touched on at all in this thread? I've been noticing it for a while and figured it was a symptom of my old elite getting ready to die, but then my buddies I normally party with said they were seeing it too. Has DICE said anything about this?

I thought I played a lot until I saw the list above with 5x the kills! Here's mine, at rank 44 I'm still working on finding guns I like...I focus more on helping the squad and blowing up vehicles, hehe:

Untitled.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really should take the U Suck At Shooting off my top 5. It's only there because I abused it to unlock all it's shit before the tweaks to it happen. Should shove the guns that I actually use to 300+ kills.

olimpia84

The USAS is my top weapon as well and it will remain there. It's the one gun that I picked to go after the 'platinum' star (10,000 kills) and I always been a fan of it since the early BC2 days (when NOBODY used it, then all of the sudden a Saiga/USAS fever started).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The USAS is my top weapon as well and it will remain there. It's the one gun that I picked to go after the 'platinum' star (10,000 kills) and I always been a fan of it since the early BC2 days (when NOBODY used it, then all of the sudden a Saiga/USAS fever started).

In BC2 the F2000 w/ 40mm Buck was my favorite (assault) weapon and hardly anyone ran with it... I was kind of annoyed they made it so beasty in BF3 that everyone uses it now. I didn't even bother to try and unlock it.

Also, the 40mm shotgun was garbage in BF3. But I guess they buffed it in last patch, whatever... sucked while I was playing.

Kak.efes

LOL U Suck Ass Skank

And torturing yourself with the shitty AN-94, why?

I probably utilize the USAS in a manner more affective than your average scrub. It's how I'm completing both recon, and support kits. Two specializations with weapons I can't stand, but with perks (radio beacon, motion sensor, claymores, and resupply) that have a huge effect on the outcome of games.

I'm probably an opposing players worst nightmare on Seine, Metro and Bazaar conquest. I've got the hate mail to prove it.

rdrr gnr

The DAO-12 is a great alternative to the USAS. Just saying.

In BC2 the F2000 w/ 40mm Buck was my favorite (assault) weapon and hardly anyone ran with it... I was kind of annoyed they made it so beasty in BF3 that everyone uses it now. I didn't even bother to try and unlock it.

Also, the 40mm shotgun was garbage in BF3. But I guess they buffed it in last patch, whatever... sucked while I was playing.
You were using the F2K pre-buff in BC2? It was awful until then.

Evolved1

The DAO-12 is a great alternative to the USAS. Just saying.

You were using the F2K pre-buff in BC2? It was awful until then.

F2000 was awesome since launch. I just had the feel for it... when they buffed it I lol'd.

TheSeks

F2000 was awesome since launch. I just had the feel for it... when they buffed it I lol'd.

I dunno. I never liked the F2000 in BC1 or 2. 2 had really bad iron sights and wasn't good for anything except close-range. Which... in Battlefield... shouldn't happen (until BF3 TROLLOLOLOL).

Faceless: Let me know when you want to reattempt Bullseye, man. I'm sure we can nail it down.

I dunno. I never liked the F2000 in BC1 or 2. 2 had really bad iron sights and wasn't good for anything except close-range. Which... in Battlefield... shouldn't happen (until BF3 TROLLOLOLOL).

Faceless: Let me know when you want to reattempt Bullseye, man. I'm sure we can nail it down.

15 mins.

What's with people and the USAS12? Everyone and his mum uses it now.
it's like the Dylan gun, it spits hot fire!

TheSeks

glad that's over.

DICE

I dunno how we pulled that off under my hosting. Since you seemed to lag shoot a few times. But we pulled it off after I went "you take the FAR RIGHT of the third set in second stage" and blam, we passed it. :lol

Shout out to idiots that bail on LAV's thereby giving me the keys to their disabled teams LAV on Conquest (which still requires no skill. Shoutouts to ACE medal and ribbons for like 4-5 2 of the 5 of the games we played) thereby letting me shove their LAV into capture point B of Bazaar to great effect (after putting ours in there and defending A/B).

Edit: 2 of 5. Whatever, point is it get slightly boring spawning on flags that are being taken, mow down two people. Get in the vehicle and proceed to lay waste or hoof it and DEFEND flags on foot. *yawn* 3 flags isn't too fun, DICE really should've gave the option for 5 flags even if they "felt empty" on 24 players. :/

I dunno how we pulled that off under my hosting. Since you seemed to lag shoot a few times. But we pulled it off after I went "you take the FAR RIGHT of the third set in second stage" and blam, we passed it. :lol

Shout out to idiots that bail on LAV's thereby giving me the keys to their disabled teams LAV on Conquest (which still requires no skill. Shoutouts to ACE medal and ribbons for like 4-5 2 of the 5 of the games we played) thereby letting me shove their LAV into capture point B of Bazaar to great effect (after putting ours in there and defending A/B).

Edit: 2 of 5. Whatever, point is it get slightly boring spawning on flags that are being taken, mow down two people. Get in the vehicle and proceed to lay waste or hoof it and DEFEND flags on foot. *yawn* 3 flags isn't too fun, DICE really should've gave the option for 5 flags even if they "felt empty" on 24 players. :/

easy shots i made easy when i was host were such a problem with you as host, even the first few shots i had to do IMMEDIATELY or it was fail. no relaxing!

TheSeks

easy shots i made easy when i was host were such a problem with you as host, even the first few shots i had to do IMMEDIATELY or it was fail. no relaxing!

Yeah, host has advantage of not having lag shots. It seems I put you (when I was host) on the ball because you couldn't have a .5 second window from when my gunshot "fired" off to fire your shot and have the client hit-detection register our shots at the same time.

I'm just glad it's over and done with and thank you very much for helping. God, fuck DICE for those two. :|

olimpia84

I swear Team DM is the worst thing ever. No matter how many times I play it I can't get a grasp on how you're supposed to approach it. The game spawns you right next to the enemy most of the time, you can't revive anybody because you only have about half a second to do it, etc.

I swear Team DM is the worst thing ever. No matter how many times I play it I can't get a grasp on how you're supposed to approach it. The game spawns you right next to the enemy most of the time, you can't revive anybody because you only have about half a second to do it, etc.

hide near the map boundaries and take potshots

As someone who plays solely as Assault, all but 2 games in TDM, and has logged over 8 days playtime...you don't know what you're talking about.

rdrr gnr

If that was my last night of BF3 Vanilla, it ended on a good note. One heartbreaking loss on Seine was the only hiccup in an otherwise amazing night. Not a single empty lobby. Full games without ever having to backout once. Shout-out to anyone that joined.

These are my final stats going in B2K. Get excite.

eek5

I used to spawn recon, drop spawn point then switch classes and abuse a stationary spawn. I haven't played TDM since all the patches though but that was the only thing that made it even close to tolerable. The spawns otherwise are ... AWFUL

Atruvius

God damn it. This happened to me twice in two days. Kharg Islond CQ, carrier team. I spawn in a jet. Start to take and BOOM. My jet explodes and game says "BAD LUCK". What is this? Why is my jet exploding on its own?

Evolved1

God damn it. This happened to me twice in two days. Kharg Islond CQ, carrier team. I spawn in a jet. Start to take and BOOM. My jet explodes and game says "BAD LUCK". What is this? Why is my jet exploding on its own?

I've had something like that happen half a dozen times in the choppers. Spontaneous explosion.

Really great when you have a little bird full of passengers. :/

Get as far away from the center of the map as soon as you spawn (not hard, since most random spawn points are the edge.) Circle around the outer rim while paying attention to the mini-map. Pick off people trying to "run into the center of action".

Don't bother with revives. It is pointless in team DM.

-----------
As someone who pretty much plays conquest/rush evenly.
I'll never understand what people's problem with rush is. Chokepoints maybe? but that's just cappy DICE map design. Lack of absolute winning strategy? Isn't that fun? Most of my frustrating losses are from conquest, cause people don't want to leave the action, capture flags or get out of vehicles (or worse, some would bring that sort of behavior to rush.)

That being said, rush can be very vehicle unfriendly - since vehicles can't disarm m-coms lmao. Thank you drivers who are unwilling to exit out of their tank to disarm - it brings me much joy to watch the m-com explode in front of your face.

So looking forward to conquest assault.

Evolved1

Get as far away from the center of the map as soon as you spawn (not hard, since most random spawn points are the edge.) Circle around the outer rim while paying attention to the mini-map. Pick off people trying to "run into the center of action".

Don't bother with revives. It is pointless in team DM.

-----------
As someone who pretty much plays conquest/rush evenly.
I'll never understand what people's problem with rush is. Chokepoints maybe? but that's just cappy DICE map design. Lack of absolute winning strategy? Isn't that fun? Most of my frustrating losses are from conquest, cause people don't want to leave the action, capture flags or get out of vehicles (or worse, some would bring that sort of behavior to rush.)

That being said, rush can be very vehicle unfriendly - since vehicles can't disarm m-coms lmao. Thank you drivers who are unwilling to exit out of their tank to disarm - it brings me much joy to watch the m-com explode in front of your face.

So looking forward to conquest assault.

This isn't always cut and dry... exiting a powerful vehicle is a risk. An enemy jumps in and suddenly has your team's only battletank? Usually if there's a gunner, it's a non issue. But god it's often quite difficult to get a gunner in this damn game.

Sometimes it's appropriate for a lone pilot to jump out and and arm/disarm... but if things are dicey, maybe it's better to lose that particular objective and regroup (with your tank or whatever) on the next set. Live to fight another day and all that.

Because the guy who gift wraps powerful vehicles for the other team is the worst kind of Battlefield player.

This isn't always cut and dry... exiting a powerful vehicle is a risk. An enemy jumps in and suddenly has your team's only battletank? Usually if there's a gunner, it's a non issue. But god it's often quite difficult to get a gunner in this damn game.

Sometimes it's appropriate for a lone pilot to jump out and and arm/disarm... but if things are dicey, maybe it's better to lose that particular objective and regroup (with your tank or whatever) on the next set. Live to fight another day and all that.

Because the guy who gift wraps powerful vehicles for the other team is the worst kind of Battlefield player.
yeah, it really is. in the game i linked a few posts ago, i had to make a judgment call about hopping out of the cheese tank to disarm because the other 2 guys on my team got killed and the mcom got armed. i killed 2 of the attackers on the mcom and had previously killed 2 others, but wasn't sure where the final 2 were. i parked right in front, hopped out, quickly disarmed and hopped back in and jammed on reverse then turbo right as one guy made a run for the tank! but there were 15 tickets left at that point and i didn't really want to go to the final set.

Evolved1

yeah, it really is. in the game i linked a few posts ago, i had to make a judgment call about hopping out of the cheese tank to disarm because the other 2 guys on my team got killed and the mcom got armed. i killed 2 of the attackers on the mcom and had previously killed 2 others, but wasn't sure where the final 2 were. i parked right in front, hopped out, quickly disarmed and hopped back in and jammed on reverse then turbo right as one guy made a run for the tank! but there were 15 tickets left at that point and i didn't really want to go to the final set.

I usually jump out... I'm just saying you take quite a risk doing so.

In your example above, what if one of the two guys, whose location you didn't know, jumped in the cheese tank as you jumped out? Would've made things pretty hairy.

Again... I think obviously the objective is the most important thing... but vehicles make the difference. So... you take a risk.

There's also a difference between a smart player weighing the options to make a judgement call and the general incompetence of many randoms just being lazy or not giving a shit about winning... I have to consider that as well.

I usually jump out... I'm just saying you take quite a risk doing so.

In your example above, what if one of the two guys, whose location you didn't know, jumped in the cheese tank as you jumped out? Would've made things pretty hairy.

Again... I think obviously the objective is the most important thing... but vehicles make the difference. So... you take a risk.

There's also a difference between a smart player weighing the options to make a judgement call and the general incompetence of many randoms just being lazy or not giving a shit about winning... I have to consider that as well.

well, i knew they weren't right there (vehicle IR), but i had no idea how close they were, turns out one was pretty close! i gotta give it up to the other 2 dudes on my team too, they put in work defending and didn't stray too far away.

To me it is. Especially on defense.

Sure, giving away a tank probably isn&#8217;t something you want to do on attack. However, I could really careless on defense. Keep in mind, any tank that is closer enough to the m-com obviously means they&#8217;re in base. The defenders have the home field advantage here (unless your team is made up of morons who want to go up front 24/7). Assuming the coast is seemingly clear, a.k.a. no other tank/enemy in sight, I would much rather get out and disarm than to watch the freaking thing blow. Besides, I would normally destroy/damage the vehicle before abandoning anyway.

Now, if you want to argue the &#8220;reorganize and do better argument&#8221;. That&#8217;s fine.
However, I&#8217;ve laugh at morons who do the same crap on the very last m-com also.
They just don&#8217;t want to get out in fear of losing their precious vehicle.

The worse offenders are people who park tanks in their spawn areas anyway. (Example: right behind capsin A). There&#8217;s really no legitimate excuse for you to not get out of the thing and disarm, since attackers can&#8217;t reach the tank anyway.

The &#8220;someone else will get it done&#8221; mindset among many players is just sickening.

(Btw, having a few people to distract tanks trying to retreat, while the rest of the group sneak through a take a bunch of m-coms is a great strategy.)

Evolved1

I don't disagree with any of that. :)

Good post.

edit: well except I do think vehicles are important on defense, but in the context of your post I get what you're saying...

Jas

4 beers (preferably Guinness) and 5 shots of Jack Daniels.

Top Bottom