• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Why the hell are people acting like sniping and camping are a huge problem in this game? It's no worse than any other shooter and it's hard as hell to camp in one spot. IRNV wasn't fucking "sniper bane", it was just an OP tool that's been balanced.

I think half the people who bitch about camping just see a guy prone in the killcam and immediately rage.

-Silver-

I don't like the F-35, it doesn't seem like it has a good chance of getting away when another Jet is behind it but on the other hand, the Heat Seeker circle is a lot bigger so it should be easier to take things out with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why the hell are people acting like sniping and camping are a huge problem in this game? It's no worse than any other shooter and it's hard as hell to camp in one spot. IRNV wasn't fucking "sniper bane", it was just an OP tool that's been balanced.

I think half the people who bitch about camping just see a guy prone in the killcam and immediately rage.

:lol I agree. Prone isn't a huge deal except for clipping through things. If they fixed that, it would be okay.

Right now I'm raging because people aren't using the kit items despite B2K just releasing. I guess they're focusing on kills for derp weapons right now.

Also I found my new favorite Dogtag thanks to this pack: "Are those Subtitles?"/"Mine"

I think DICE is winking at me. :)

TheSeks

I'm surprised at how well the maps work in Rush. They're aren't the best Rush maps ever, but they're very tolerable.

Requires MADDDDDDDD teamwork though. Gulf of Oman being notable for that.

Cudder

Anyone else get sound delays when reloading in the PS3 version? I swear half the time when I reload the sound is off anywhere from .5-2 seconds.

tn2007

I like the new maps and mode. Conquest assault is a welcome addition. No more spawn camping and there is more fast pace action. My games are ending in 7-10 mins and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. But I like
It.
The new weapon unlocks are kinda stupid. I don't want have to unlock them and them have to unlock attachments too ugh. That's the reason I don't have the coop guns yet. But I guess they had to do it.

TheSeks

I like the new maps and mode. Conquest assault is a welcome addition. No more spawn camping and there is more fast pace action. My games are ending in 7-10 mins and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. But I like
It.
The new weapon unlocks are kinda stupid. I don't want have to unlock them and them have to unlock attachments too ugh. That's the reason I don't have the coop guns yet. But I guess they had to do it.

It's not that bad. The only annoying one is the dentist part 2 one with the blowtorch. But I did it by sneaking up on someone, they attempt to prone to shoot me. I follow them down in aiming and killed them before they damaged me. Thanks, dude! Rest are pretty easy besides the mortar.

Samus4145

I just got a PSN message saying I need to learn how to play because I killed a guy he wanted to run over for a trophy.

Asshole...

tn2007

It's not that bad. The only annoying one is the dentist part 2 one with the blowtorch. But I did it by sneaking up on someone, they attempt to prone to shoot me. I follow them down in aiming and killed them before they damaged me. Thanks, dude! Rest are pretty easy besides the mortar.
Seks, what are your thoughts on conquest assault? I know your not a fan of regular conquest and wanted your input.

TheSeks

Seks, what are your thoughts on conquest assault? I know your not a fan of regular conquest and wanted your input.

I haven't played it yet.

And I'm not seeing it in the server browser.

JJD

Guys when is the Physical Warfare pack going to be made available to those that didn't pre ordered the game?

I know the Dao is an unlock, but what about the type 88?

TheSeks

Jet kills are pissing me off. As soon as I disable someone bails.

JJD

Sorry Mike and Bruiserk, got some strange glitches on that Wake Island game, then I had a massive, massive rubberbanding spike, and then suddenly I was stuck somewhere below the map! After that the game disconnected me...WTF.

rdrr gnr

Sorry Mike and Bruiserk, got some strange glitches on that Wake Island game, then I had a massive, massive rubberbanding spike, and then suddenly I was stuck somewhere below the map! After that the game disconnected me...WTF.
No problem. Definitely could have used you in a few rounds after, but we'll play again soon.
Uhhh, DICE needs to add in a toggle or something to tell the difference between vanilla CQ and CQA games for B2K maps. I'd rather be playing the former.
Tell me about it. That, as well as B2K maps only.

CatPee

Uhhh, DICE needs to add in a toggle or something to tell the difference between vanilla CQ and CQA games for B2K maps. I'd rather be playing the former.

TheSeks

Not feeling Conquest Assault. It has *gasp* the proper amount of flags that Conquest needs, but given shitty randoms you're prone to losing on the attack side since they can't seem to know that you need to start to ticket bleed to run the defense out.

Not liking Conquest. At all. Three flags is terrible. On Wake Island especially. Four flags isn't much better.

Rush maps are decent they actually give Sniper Rifles a purpose now since there's some decent cover for mid-range sniping. Karkand third->last set with the trains is a good place to use the SV-98 with the Ballistic Scope for a near rail-gun level accuracy gun.

I'm going to get the Conquest Wins and Flag Attacker requirements for the guns and then I'm probably done with Conquest in B2K. It's too boring. Just like Vanilla.

TheSeks

Spot someone then shoot them. Infantry damage has been buffed on PC/PS3

Problem is hitting them, dude. Minigun does l i t t l e d a m a g e . . . against infantry or other jets. And heat seeking missiles are a fools errand as all you'll do is disable someone, and then WHOOSH past them. Get back around they'll either have bailed out of the jet or repaired.

Kak.efes

Hovering in the F-35 takes some getting used to. I'm not sure you're meant to hover for a prolonged period of time (which would make sense).

I got the complete warrior trophy during my first life of my first match of Karkand. Nice.

i got it on my first try on Oman after trying *repeatedly* (seriously, like half a dozen times) on Wake Island. I spawn in the F-35 at the start of the gameand take off.. dogfights, bla bla bla... lockon, flares, guns... same old shit...a fter both of their jet pilots bailed out on their exploding jets, I trolled the enemy jet spawn with the F-35 and took out a jet as it was taking off... except, i kinda crashed the F-35, so i run to their helicopter and get in and fly away. then i see an enemy tank at ... is it A or B? the open base near the shoreline, not the one with buildings... help take out the enemy tank, friendlies start capping, so i hop out (crash) the chopper and cap with them then wait for the tank to respawn. i get in and just drive around between the 2 shore bases shooting at any enemies i see, eventually killing a couple. somewhere in here, ejas spawns in the tank. at this point, i see a dude with his back turned at the apt building shore base, so i hop out, gun him down!!! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! I'M A SUPPORT!@!@@# forgot i was dropping mortars on Karkand to get the 2 mortar kills! but wait, is he an Assault? drive tank over to body and park between the body and the base... YES@! *takes kit* hop back in tank and drive around more with ejas and then after the rest of our team secures 3 bases, we go to that construction base. and then i see him... A RECON PRONE ON THE ROCKS TO MY RIGHT!!! i drive past a little and stop the tank. he starts to run down the hill, i circle around the other way and we meet, guns fire, he hits me with his sv98 or whatever, but i kill him before he can get a shot off with his handgun. i hop back into the tank and wait anxiously. TROPHY POPUP! aww yeah!!!

TLDR Version:

HI018.jpg

more trolling by DICE

the hotel pool on Oman (3 flag) is literally 9 seconds out of bounds with sprint spec

Trophy Get

edit: ok, it's inbounds in the 4 flag version

TheSeks

more trolling by DICE

the hotel pool on Oman (3 flag) is literally 9 seconds out of bounds with sprint spec

Or you can play Rush and get it last set on Defense. They're literally two steps from the spawn point.

Complete Warrior eludes me because people bail from the disabled jets more than anything. It royally pisses me off.

olimpia84

I didn't get a chance to play B2K last night,,, was too tired after dinner but it's downloaded already and ready to go for tonight.

BTW the free download of 1943 starts today, right?

TheSeks

I didn't get a chance to play B2K last night,,, was too tired after dinner but it's downloaded already and ready to go for tonight.

BTW the free download of 1943 starts today, right?

No. The 10th for America. It's been since November for Europe. Like the 15th for Japan.

TheSeks

i got it on my first try on Oman after trying *repeatedly* (seriously, like half a dozen times) on Wake Island. I spawn in the F-35 at the start of the gameand take off.. dogfights, bla bla bla... lockon, flares, guns... same old shit...a fter both of their jet pilots bailed out on their exploding jets, I trolled the enemy jet spawn with the F-35 and took out a jet as it was taking off... except, i kinda crashed the F-35, so i run to their helicopter and get in and fly away. then i see an enemy tank at ... is it A or B? the open base near the shoreline, not the one with buildings... help take out the enemy tank, friendlies start capping, so i hop out (crash) the chopper and cap with them then wait for the tank to respawn. i get in and just drive around between the 2 shore bases shooting at any enemies i see, eventually killing a couple. somewhere in here, ejas spawns in the tank. at this point, i see a dude with his back turned at the apt building shore base, so i hop out, gun him down!!! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! I'M A SUPPORT!@!@@# forgot i was dropping mortars on Karkand to get the 2 mortar kills! but wait, is he an Assault? drive tank over to body and park between the body and the base... YES@! *takes kit* hop back in tank and drive around more with ejas and then after the rest of our team secures 3 bases, we go to that construction base. and then i see him... A RECON PRONE ON THE ROCKS TO MY RIGHT!!! i drive past a little and stop the tank. he starts to run down the hill, i circle around the other way and we meet, guns fire, he hits me with his sv98 or whatever, but i kill him before he can get a shot off with his handgun. i hop back into the tank and wait anxiously. TROPHY POPUP! aww yeah!!!

So after about 50 deaths and about 10+ tries on Oman, I got it on Wake.

I dunno if I can ever fly the jets. I'm either going too fast or too slow to kill anything. :/ Anyway, I lucked out hitting a helicopter that only had one pilot. Bailed near C. Started to hump the edge of the island to get two assault rifle kills. Nearly die to the Cheesemobile at B. Team takes it and the tank out as I hit the out of bounds again.

Go toward A trying to find a tank. Two enemies are in them. SMH. Team's tank is taken out. I go to the edge of the island with two buggies. "SHIT NO TANK."

Go back to A teams taken it and bailed. Get in a tank. Head toward B which is taken by the enemy.

"Please, god, let me just get a kill otherwise I'm going to SMH DICE for this stupid shit--"

THERE! An enemy comes out of the hanger and is literally touching my tank by 3 feet.

BLAM!

TheSeks <T-90> TrophyDumbass

BING!

"FUCK YES! FUCK YOU DICE FOR THIS STUPID SHIT! FFFFFFFFFFF! *bangs head into controller*"

Such a stupid achievement. I dunno why they did it (oh, wait, yes I did. Hardly anyone but jet whores pilot jets and they want the rest of us that are fine on the ground to be in a jet. SMH) but I hope we don't have to do that shit ever again.

Jas

Anyone unlock the QBU-88 for the recon class yet?
When I try to use it all you see is your arms above your head.
If you bring down the sites all it does is zoom in with no crosshair.
Once I got a little white dot in the middle of my screen.
Tried switching to my pistol but that doesn't work. :(

Edit: did a quick search and found this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9yUpfJUrg

Guess it effects everyone.

Rainy Dog

Anyone unlock the QBU-88 for the recon class yet?
When I try to use it all you see is your arms above your head.
If you bring down the sites all it does is zoom in with no crosshair.
Once I got a little white dot in the middle of my screen.
Tried switching to my pistol but that doesn't work. :(

Edit: did a quick search and found this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9yUpfJUrg

Guess it effects everyone.

Lol. Honestly, how the fuck can they put something out with that in it? I still love this game but in so many respects its an absolute shambles.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I noticed something last night whilst playing Conquest (not sure if it was the Assault version or not). Once the enemy has all the flags locked down I couldn't spawn. There was no option to spawn at the base, and once all my squad mates died none of us appeared to be able to spawn. Is this another bug, or some design decision I just don't understand?

Also, once I spawned at the US deployment area on Wake Island and I was 50ft in the air. I died because I wasn't expecting it and didn't have enough time to pull my chute. The next time I spawn there I'm on the ground as normal.

These weird bugs aside I like the new maps a lot more than the stock ones. I just wish I didn't have to complete these stupid assignments to use the new weapons.

TheSeks

I noticed something last night whilst playing Conquest (not sure if it was the Assault version or not). Once the enemy has all the flags locked down I couldn't spawn. There was no option to spawn at the base, and once all my squad mates died none of us appeared to be able to spawn. Is this another bug, or some design decision I just don't understand?

It's by design. You were playing Conquest Assault. The defending team/starting team with all the flags capped HAS TO defend, otherwise they can not spawn on the map anymore. It's why defending the flags is of the utmost importance more so than LOL KILL KILL KILL.

Only time KILL KILL KILL should happen is if you aren't the flag majority/bleeders anymore.

ziadoz

Neo Member
It's by design. You were playing Conquest Assault. The defending team/starting team with all the flags capped HAS TO defend, otherwise they can not spawn on the map anymore. It's why defending the flags is of the utmost importance more so than LOL KILL KILL KILL.

Only time KILL KILL KILL should happen is if you aren't the flag majority/bleeders anymore.

I guess that makes sense. Not sure I really like the game mode overall. The average public game (which is where I end up playing) is full of randoms running around like headless chickens. What's to stop a good team (running USAS + Frag like all the other 45+ players seem to these days) rail roading a team of randoms in a few minutes and ending the game? At least in Conquest you can still fight back and turn the tide. I notice you can't even filter Conquest from Conquest Assault in the quick match options.

TheSeks

SWAG

Those aren't B2K servers. They just happen to be rotating in B2K. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no unique map rotation servers available.

There is. I joined a Conquest (to finish the requirements of flag captures and wins) B2K Normal server a few hours ago that just rotated B2K maps.

Edit: Whoops, double post.

Or you can play Rush and get it last set on Defense. They're literally two steps from the spawn point.

Complete Warrior eludes me because people bail from the disabled jets more than anything. It royally pisses me off.

hover the F-35 and kill a ground target? i did quite a few of those on Wake Island, right before failing to either get the ar or tank kill...

So after about 50 deaths and about 10+ tries on Oman, I got it on Wake.

I dunno if I can ever fly the jets. I'm either going too fast or too slow to kill anything. :/ Anyway, I lucked out hitting a helicopter that only had one pilot. Bailed near C. Started to hump the edge of the island to get two assault rifle kills. Nearly die to the Cheesemobile at B. Team takes it and the tank out as I hit the out of bounds again.

Go toward A trying to find a tank. Two enemies are in them. SMH. Team's tank is taken out. I go to the edge of the island with two buggies. "SHIT NO TANK."

Go back to A teams taken it and bailed. Get in a tank. Head toward B which is taken by the enemy.

"Please, god, let me just get a kill otherwise I'm going to SMH DICE for this stupid shit--"

THERE! An enemy comes out of the hanger and is literally touching my tank by 3 feet.

BLAM!

TheSeks <T-90> TrophyDumbass

BING!

"FUCK YES! FUCK YOU DICE FOR THIS STUPID SHIT! FFFFFFFFFFF! *bangs head into controller*"

Such a stupid achievement. I dunno why they did it (oh, wait, yes I did. Hardly anyone but jet whores pilot jets and they want the rest of us that are fine on the ground to be in a jet. SMH) but I hope we don't have to do that shit ever again.

sweet!

i get to do it all over again in about week!

Top Bottom