• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

on why we don't have Wake Island and only have "Wake Half-An-Island"

@Killzone_Kid said:
@gustavhalling Like what you did with B2K, always knew you have it in you :) Now give us Wake with 5 flags and I will be very happy!

@gustavhalling said:
We tried it, wake, 5 flags, 24 players=1on1 at the flags. The other maps,have 2 setups for console. BF43 Wake was 25% smaller. @Killzone_Kid

https://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/144320025602428929

no DICE

Welcome back to rush people (what a refreshing change on my friendlist.).
Please flank on attacks and leave your "frontline gunning"/old conquest tactics out the door.
Also, remember- vehicles don't arm/disarm m-coms no matter how close or how many tanks you park next to it (would appreciate it if the idiots randoms would use it to block fire though) lol.

JJD is probably sick of me telling not to run too far out (sorry) that or the cursing when I'm the only one in base to defend (sorry).

Also, do I really need to disarm the same 2 set of M-coms 6 times in a row?
(And the motto goes, if dream is getting MVP on rush defense, that means there's something seriously fucked up with the team.)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm surprised at how good Rush is on the BF2 maps. Lots of fun. I'm also loving the FAMAS, aside from it's really weird unlock order. It has a 12x scope by default for some reason.

JJD

Welcome back to rush people (what a refreshing change on my friendlist.).
Please flank on attacks and leave your "frontline gunning"/old conquest tactics out the door.
Also, remember- vehicles don't arm/disarm m-coms no matter how close or how many tanks you park next to it (would appreciate it if the idiots randoms would use it to block fire though) lol.

JJD is probably sick of me telling not to run too far out (sorry) that or the cursing when I'm the only one in base to defend (sorry).

Also, do I really need to disarm the same 2 set of M-coms 6 times in a row?
(And the motto goes, if dream is getting MVP on rush defense, that means there's something seriously fucked up with the team.)

Don't worry man, you were actually really helpful! I mostly sucked on the first rush games I played, but I think I started to catch up on the last ones. Also, VoIP is horrible right now, so I'm sure I didn't hear half of the stuff you were saying!

Xux

I'm surprised at how good Rush is on the BF2 maps. Lots of fun. I'm also loving the FAMAS, aside from it's really weird unlock order. It has a 12x scope by default for some reason.

All of the B2K guns are like that; they have the attachments the other guns would only have for DICE employees by default.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All of the B2K guns are like that; they have the attachments the other guns would only have for DICE employees by default.

Because their iron sights suck. *cough*

Seriously, use the FAMAS iron sights in the heat of battle and get back to me.

Only one that's decent that I've unlocked so far is the supports LMG's iron sights.

Edit: ...Okay, maybe the engineer's starting unlock gun isn't shitty iron sighted. But it isn't great either.

TheSeks

lol at having three tanks and the AA wagon on Wake Island.

Yep, Wake Conquest is hilarious. Assault mode more so because of the Cheesemobile. It's like "Really, DICE? Norshal didn't tell you the Cheesemobile is a bad idea until you hit it with a nerf stick? OKAY! *takes out air and anyone coming to B*"

No_Style

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of Conquest Assault

It's a challenge. Like trying to take on GAF as the U.S on Norshahr Canals. :p

I also agree with the framerate issues with some of the B2K maps. It depends on where you are, but there are times where it's hitting the low 20's :(

The M249 is extremely inconsistent. Me no like. How's the Pechaneorgjkegnlkerng?

I love it. Seems really powerful, can usually kill people with just a few hits. I only use it with RDS/Holo or iron sights though, anything more and the recoil is pretty hard to manage.

Xux

I hate dying. Lol, what was I doing?
You just drove the IFV we were in off the edge and into that market area. The tank appear and you turned and I was, like, "Alright guess we'll survive that," and then we were airborn and I was, like, "Oh shit," but then we were fine. It was way more funny at the time than I'm making it out to be. :lol

Xux

Haha, so the new maps aren't recognized yet on Battlelog and the new weapons don't show up. The Assignments tab doesn't lead anywhere, either. I wonder if they'll be up by the time the other two consoles get them.

rdrr gnr

GG everyone that played. I had one of my best games so far tonight, but I wasn't able to catch it on Battlelog. Xux, you might have it.

JJD

So how are these maps?

The maps are good, I think you would like then. Pretty vehicle intensive, at least on Conquest. I see no reason to choose other kits than engineer when playing on those maps (sorry to all engineer haters out here! Lol).

The only problem is...they are kinda laggy and buggy. I have been disconnected and had freeze issues a lot...probably more than vanilla BF3. I hope Dice fix this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are they just added to vanilla rotation? Or do they have their own play list?

I'm right in the middle of finals, and still not terribly interested in playing the game until they fix the controls and remove flashlights... but I'm kinda curious about the maps.

Been a long time since BF2. Have fond memories...

TheSeks

Are they just added to vanilla rotation? Or do they have their own play list?

I'm right in the middle of finals, and still not terribly interested in playing the game until they fix the controls and remove flashlights... but I'm kinda curious about the maps.

Been a long time since BF2. Have fond memories...

There's "B2K Normal Servers" if you simply want GB2/Karkand/ maps, but they're part of normal rotation otherwise.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
But you don't have B2K, so no1currs. Go back to shitty Iori and Ash Crimson stealing his power of Fighters.
I love your rage tears. Is like eating pickles!

Hopefully ill get a PSN card next week.

Nizz

Damn, have DICE said anything new about fixing these god damn controls? Haven't even touched the B2K maps yet because I can't stand the controls. Disgrace that it's been way over a month and still no fix...

Xux

Damn, 50 AT rocket kills for the QBZ-95B? I don't have 50 kills between all five rocket launchers let alone the AT ones. Way to encourage explosive spam, DICE.

Also, fuck 50 suppression assists.

TheSeks

Damn, 50 AT rocket kills for the QBZ-95B? I don't have 50 kills between all five rocket launchers let alone the AT ones. Way to encourage explosive spam, DICE.

You don't need to use the stationary. The rockets are fine.

sweet, all i need is a M-COM Defender Ribbon to complete my PS3 ribbon collection... i still can't believe i got the suppression ribbon with the AA tank.

the Suppression assists aren't that bad... getting 7 in a game is bad, but i manage 6 a few times@

and 50 rocket kills means CG tactics are back in effect for me!

rdrr gnr

The assignment system itself is stupid. All guns should be unlocked from the beginning on Karkand. Have some other system in place that unlocks them for retail (like get some kills with it or use it for a certain period of time).

Xux

You don't need to use the stationary. The rockets are fine.
I meant the RPG and SMAW. I have, like, 45 kills between them in 40 hours and Engineer is my most played class.

The assignment system itself is stupid. All guns should be unlocked from the beginning on Karkand. Have some other system in place that unlocks them for retail (like get some kills with it or use it for a certain period of time).

Yeah, it's pretty annoying especially in a game where everything takes way too long to unlock in the first place.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The repair tool kill is impossible to get. Been trying for a while now and can't do it.

EDIT: Just got it. Silly recons.

ziadoz

Neo Member

The days of getting access to the content you paid for are over. You have to jump through some imaginary hoops balancing a ball on your nose if you want anything these days.

TheSeks

The repair tool kill is impossible to get.

HAHAHAHAHA. No it isn't. And if you think it is you're going to pull your hair out getting a drill kill on a tank. Because that is impossible.

Along with SDM wins. Of which I have 1/5 after 10 rounds. Tanking WL for a gun, GEE THANKS DICE! SMH.

Top Bottom