• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Sorry for all that yelling Dave and Charles but for fucks sake when the game is getting that close switch to the most appropriate class to outsmart the enemy. They were constantly pushing upfront with their tanks and we needed to do the same. So frustrating to lose like that but the next match made up for it I guess...love to make those level 45 clans rage quit.

olimpia84

HAHAHAHAHA. No it isn't. And if you think it is you're going to pull your hair out getting a drill kill on a tank. Because that is impossible.

No it's not. I have a few of those and at the same time I given away a few as well by not bailing out of my tank.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
HAHAHAHAHA. No it isn't. And if you think it is you're going to pull your hair out getting a drill kill on a tank. Because that is impossible.

Along with SDM wins. Of which I have 1/5 after 10 rounds. Tanking WL for a gun, GEE THANKS DICE! SMH.

I actually managed to get the repair tool kill. A lot of these other ones are really going to suck.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No it's not. I have a few of those and at the same time I given away a few as well by not bailing out of my tank.

With rockets flying everywhere and people bailing on disabled, yes it is.

TheSeks

My bad, Faceless. I've been playing like shit all day trying to unlock the guns. Didn't help too well.

Insult to injury: Only need one more M320 but at the cost of being a stupid defense medic at the time.

Every goddamn set, 6 tickets left and they wipe out the people near the last crate and take it. EVERYTIME. I dunno what the hell the others were doing but man that annoyed me.

And there: Unlocked. Whoopie. :/

TheSeks

Rush is still trash.

And yet you joined Bruiser, Bo, and I. When the friends list pretty much said we were playing Rush: Why? If you hate it so much: Ignore his invite. *gasp!* Novel concept I know.

But you know what, fuck it: I'm tired of your whining. I've saved you the trouble of not joining "shitty rush." Merry Christmas! :D!

senador

Banned
That was the worst lobby I've ever been in.

Rush is still trash.

I will never understand this. Maybe on PC sure, but on console I just find Conquest to be a wasteland every time I try it. Rush is...a rush and has so much more focused gameplay. I find it to be the superior mode.

---

I guess the update for 360 is just coming with B2K?

TheSeks

Oh, hey, imagine that: I stop dicking around for gun unlocks. Whine-y and Bruiser both leave. And we win the attack around. Imagine that!

People having to do more than get in a tank and fail at it against a better pilot/gunner/rocket combo team? *GASP!* NO OBVIOUSLY IT IS THE GAME MODE THAT SUXXXOROSOSROSOZOZOSOTRS. LMAO.

rdrr gnr

And yet you joined Bruiser, Bo, and I. When the friends list pretty much said we were playing Rush: Why? If you hate it so much: Ignore his invite. *gasp!* Novel concept I know.

But you know what, fuck it: I'm tired of your whining. I've saved you the trouble of not joining "shitty rush." Merry Christmas! :D!
I'm tired of you thinking your somehow above average on this game and good enough to give me advice in any manner. I joined to try Rush on the new maps. That was my first game. Maybe if you were playing the objective a little harder we would have won.

TheSeks

OMG WE'RE WINNING! Because people that want to play Rush *gasp* will play Rush non-shitty in the process!

*faints*

Here's a protip for the rest of you: You want to play Conquest 24/7? That's fine. I'm cool with that. But do me a favor: Remove me from your friends list. Saves me the hassle of hearing whining about playing it when you don't want to learn/improve yourself and feel better about yourself camping at a base after taking three flags in a five minute round. Okay? O'tay!

Faceless: Great rounds. It's good to have my W/L stop taking a tumble and I'm starting to get back into the postitive KDR and W/L again. SDM is so stupid with randoms. And it kicking me out of your game when we were about the win or were in the lead and then I come back and join the losing team fucking sucked. At least we got the gun unlock, eh?

TheSeks

OMG WE'RE TAKING CRATES LIKE THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! JESUS CHRIST!

This is amazing! AMAZING I TELL YOU! Wonders never cease!

TheSeks

OMG WE WON AGAIN! What the hell is going on!?

Also random that I met through co-op joined and kicked ass with Faceless and me. <3 people that want to actually play Rush!

heSeks, come on man, don't be such dick.

HowaboutNoBear.jpg

I'm tired of the whining and boos toward Rush. You don't like that's cool. But joining the game and then whining about it personally pisses me off. You do not see me joining Conquest unless I feel like playing Conquest. *gasp!* Amazing idea, isn't it? It saves people time and energy having to deal with people that aren't going to give it their all. In addition to the whining about it after words.

Fact is: That other team was extremely good and I was too busy dicking around (OMG WTF MEPPI, I'M BERATING MYSELF!? I'M NOT AS AWESOME AS I APPEAR TO BE!? WTF!) with the M320 to unlock a gun to continue to switch classes and find tempo. Meanwhile, Bruiser leaves our squad to have Whiney join him. What are they doing? Sitting in a tank while being taken out. I go engineer to attempt to repair them. Bruiser or Whine-y, whichever runs off and gets killed. While I'm getting shot all over in the process.

Fact is: We got our shit pushed in by a better team. There is no "worse lobby/Rush is shit" about it. We were the worst team and funny enough losing Whine-y suddenly improves our game to where we win three rounds.

And while I shouldn't be bringing up: Three people agree with me. Mike
and Meppi
suck. And it has to do with the fact they play Engineer/Vehicle whore role in Conquest all day erryday.

Once again: If that's how they have fun, I'm cool with that. If they want to play Conquest 24/7, I'm cool with that. But do not join my game if you are going to whine about the gametype. Please.

Bruiserk

Only thing I have to say about playing rush is that I can't believe we lost that game on Wake Island. I think it was Sekoku, Boatack and Faceless in a squad. The one where there was only about 6 tickets left.

rdrr gnr

How do I vehicle whore when my favorite maps are Grand Bazaar and Seine? Have you looked my Time/Kit stat?

I don't care who agrees with you, though it wouldn't be hard to figure out. All of the BC2 regulars have huge sticks up their ass. Why aren't you adding Olimpia to that list? He has more tank time/kills than all of GAF combined as well as the most rounds of conquest played.

The fact is, you don't have the mental faculty to make such judgements. I joined a rush game with the legendary Sekoku and you failed to impress. I like conquest because I play it well. And even if you tried your hardest you wouldn't come close. You'd have to double that quit percentage of yours, wouldn't you? So you can keep thinking I suck along with your just as average friends who agree.

I am entitled to bitch about gametypes, as much as you are allowed to spam hundreds of inconsequential ramblings in this thread and *gasp* you're going to have to deal with it.

BF3 rush is poorly designed. Playing a broken gametype doesn't make you a better player no matter how much you want that to be the case.

Kak.efes

Is there no way to pick between conquest assault, and normal conquest? I prefer the latter, but it seems every time I quick join, it's conquest assault. Kind of annoying.

Xux

Jeeze, I had to get four mortar kills to get the Assignment complete 'cause two were only "KILLED" kills.

Also, the expansion maps on CQA make CQ Damavand look like a total embarrassment.

Xux

That's what i thought too, but I played Sharqi Peninsula once with three objectives, and then again with five objectives.
There's two layouts of objectives for a couple of the expansion maps, apparently; I think I've played all but Wake Island in two different setups. It'd be cool if they added in the CQ64 versions of Seine, Tehran, Bazaar, and maybe Noshahr.

What do you mean?

Also, sorry for signing off so abruptly right after we won that game. I'm feeling kinda sick so I just wanted to lay down.
Just that Damavand is one of the shittier CQ maps I've played and that the expansion maps are four of the best (even if Oman's kind of iffy sometimes).

And it's cool; Bruiserk and Boatack got off right after and I had been playing long enough anyway.

meppi

OMG WE WON AGAIN! What the hell is going on!?

Also random that I met through co-op joined and kicked ass with Faceless and me. <3 people that want to actually play Rush!

HowaboutNoBear.jpg

I'm tired of the whining and boos toward Rush. You don't like that's cool. But joining the game and then whining about it personally pisses me off. You do not see me joining Conquest unless I feel like playing Conquest. *gasp!* Amazing idea, isn't it? It saves people time and energy having to deal with people that aren't going to give it their all. In addition to the whining about it after words.

Fact is: That other team was extremely good and I was too busy dicking around (OMG WTF MEPPI, I'M BERATING MYSELF!? I'M NOT AS AWESOME AS I APPEAR TO BE!? WTF!) with the M320 to unlock a gun to continue to switch classes and find tempo. Meanwhile, Bruiser leaves our squad to have Whiney join him. What are they doing? Sitting in a tank while being taken out. I go engineer to attempt to repair them. Bruiser or Whine-y, whichever runs off and gets killed. While I'm getting shot all over in the process.

Fact is: We got our shit pushed in by a better team. There is no "worse lobby/Rush is shit" about it. We were the worst team and funny enough losing Whine-y suddenly improves our game to where we win three rounds.

and Meppi
suck. And it has to do with the fact they play Engineer/Vehicle whore role in Conquest all day erryday.

Once again: If that's how they have fun, I'm cool with that. If they want to play Conquest 24/7, I'm cool with that. But do not join my game if you are going to whine about the gametype. Please.

King retard has returned I see.

TheSeks

all i have to say is this game should not have been a loss!

That last crate is where it fell apart. I dunno what Bruiser was doing up on the Hanger for a bit, but Bo goes in, gets taken out. I revive get taken out. And then we start arming like 3-4 times. I get an arm. I go prone, take a dude out get noticed and taken out. I dunno where the rest of the team was but man that maddddd annoying.

i had a few pre-patch, but every time i've tried since B2K all i get is bailouts and friendly RPG's blowing the tanks up.

I think B2K maps are strictly conquest assault. Although, I could be wrong.

Gulf of Oman 4 flags is Conquest, the other maps/layouts are Conquest Assault.

PedYup

and Meppi
suck. And it has to do with the fact they play Engineer/Vehicle whore role in Conquest all day erryday

Hey now!!, Meppy is a great teamplayer and I´ll join his squad anytime as with Evolved, Ejas, Hunting, JJD, Manny, Dan, Olimpia, Fersis, Vasilisk, Dream, Faceless, Abu..... and a great lot of gaffers. Team work makes playing Battlefield an absolute blast and while I have my preferences and playing style, I trust my teammates choices.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
and Meppi

No offense bro, but I'd rather be in a squad with mike or meppi... and saying they "suck" is 1) poor fucking form, asshole and 2) not even remotely true.

gl0w

Anyone know how can i get the 'Noob Punisher' dogtag?

I'm up for some games, feel free to add me: gl0wvalter (PS3)

Evolved1

I really wish the B2k maps had separate servers. I don't wanna see your crappy Operation Metro after playing Karkand!! lol

You really only get to "see" Metro once in a while between blinding flashlights though...

TheSeks

No offense bro, but I'd rather be in a squad with mike or meppi...

And I'd rather play Rush, your point? They all three play Conquest and then whine when they join my Rush rounds. Fuck them.

And if it's being an asshole to say that then fine: I'm an asshole. But they (Mike and Meppi) both suck in Rush and people agree with me behind closed doors. If you want to be nice and say they don't suck when you know in your heart they do, fine. Be nice. But I'm done with them.

eternaLightness said:
I really wish the B2k maps had separate servers.

They... do...?

"EA #n B2K Normal Server" = B2K maps only.

I trust my teammates choices.

Unfortunately this outing, I don't trust anyone outside of Faceless in Rush. Fullstop. And frankly this outing: I don't give a damn. Call me a dick/asshole/whatever and villify me, but I'm done with GAF and joining GAF games. All they are is boring Conquest and then when they join my games they whine about having to play Rush and getting their shit pushing in because they aren't as good as they think they are. Screw them.

Evolved1

I've been playing competitive shooters for a long time, with some really great groups of people: my amazing squad in the classic Ghost Recon, an awesome Socom group, RB6, Operation Flashpoint...

but gaf has been the best, most consistently fun & rewarding group of people to play with.

I'm actually quite offended, seks, by your attitude of fellow gaffers... and the fact you would move beyond healthy criticism of each other's play (which I believe most of us are open to) to outright insults and antagonistic, trollish posting.

I believe in teamwork and cooperation. Even on the forum. Because we are a community... that's why it's so awesome when everything clicks.

Welcome in new players. Give props when they're due. Stay positive about the team. You're attitude is not one that promotes cohesion or team-building. It seems quite self centered and unnecessarily negative.

I consider gaf to be a really great group of people... even if we disagree... or if particular members don't click as a small unit, we are still a damn force of nature in the game 95% of the time. To throw people under the bus is just not cool... at all.

There's not a single player who plays with us that isn't good (in their own way) or that doesn't try and contribute to the win. And that's what makes a good team. Divisive, negative, deriding commentary does not help the squad get better.

Loose lips sink ships, brother.

gl0w

Why did they make the FAMAS SO fucking powerfull? really... what a OP weapon, i cant kill anyone in a 1on1 confront if they are using FAMAS.

Evolved1

I've received some trusted insider information that these B2K maps are more playable for (my once loved) Rush mode.

I'm probably going to investigate this for myself ina bit (curiosity is too much) so maybe some of you guys will be on in a couple hours?

I've received some trusted insider information that these B2K maps are more playable for (my once loved) Rush mode.

I'm probably going to investigate this for myself ina bit (curiosity is too much) so maybe some of you guys will be on in a couple hours?

Only better if people don't all run out of the base on defense+ play it properly like they did on bc2 (since VOIP is still iffy)

Top Bottom