• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Bruiserk

That last crate is where it fell apart. I dunno what Bruiser was doing up on the Hanger for a bit, but Bo goes in, gets taken out. I revive get taken out. And then we start arming like 3-4 times. I get an arm. I go prone, take a dude out get noticed and taken out. I dunno where the rest of the team was but man that maddddd annoying.

Haha, camping the Tunguska. When the M-COM was armed I was in the corner defending, you were in front of me if you didn't know. I was trying to shoot through that table right beside the M-COM, but it didn't seem to work so I got taken out.

TheSeks said:
And I'd rather play Rush, your point? They all three play Conquest and then whine when they join my Rush rounds. Fuck them.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but I haven't "whined" about rush at all since I joined those couple of games. So if you are referencing me in those "three" people, I don't see why you would.

I've received some trusted insider information that these B2K maps are more playable for (my once loved) Rush mode.

I'm probably going to investigate this for myself ina bit (curiosity is too much) so maybe some of you guys will be on in a couple hours?

I could play before I have to start studying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shout out to EA Online disconnecting when Rock joins Faceless and I playing Squad Rush. SMH. I could've used those wins since we were doing pretty decent. Metro's layout is lol-able in Squad Rush given it's basically third set B for first set A.

TheSeks

I don't mean to stir the pot, but I haven't "whined" about rush at all since I joined those couple of games. So if you are referencing me in those "three" people, I don't see why you would.

I'm not calling you in particular out. Just the Conquest regulars that join and then bitch about having to play Rush. You see people playing Rush on your list. Why did you join?

No_Style

Hey guys, what's going on in this thr-

*reads the last page*

inandoutdk4.gif

Bruiserk

I'm not calling you in particular out. Just the Conquest regulars that join and then bitch about having to play Rush. You see people playing Rush on your list. Why did you join?

Alright, just curious. I joined because I wanted something different than conquest. I did have a little fun playing rush on B2K maps, although I have not played for so long I was lost with what to do.

Hey guys, what's going on in this thr-

*reads the last page*

inandoutdk4.gif

lol

paskowitz

Great games right now with Thepatriots and Olimpia84 :D
They have no chance. haha

It was a good run. The last two games pissed the fuck out of me. I have never had that much trouble at karkand. Metro, well Metro just sucks.

That being said I had a good three man headshot feed at Sharqi and a couple of long range (250m+) headshots.

Also for those that are curious the L96 is great and worth getting. Its bolt action is slow, but other than that I like it more than the M98B.

Rush is either really great, or complete garbage. Conquest is usually good and sometimes crap.

TheSeks

Alright, just curious. I joined because I wanted something different than conquest. I did have a little fun playing rush on B2K maps, although I have not played for so long I was lost with what to do.

That's fine, but don't join for a round and then bitch about it when you lose. You hardly ever play the gametype, so it's expected you're going to "suck" for a bit until you cut your teeth on the mode. It's expected. But Mike in general whines when things don't go his way and he has (IMO and a few others) no sense of "defense mindset" and that's terrible for rush when on defense. Rushing "gung-ho" with a tank isn't going to solve two tanks firing on you. You have to play somewhat "smart" and catch them off guard or suppress and move.

In any case I'm done with it. People that want to play Rush can join me or Faceless (who is a Rush primary player), otherwise don't bother. I'll play Conquest when I want to turn my mind off and cap three flags (BC1 > BC2/BF2 console conquest, seriously) and then base camp to win. Otherwise you won't see me playing it.

Done.

TDM GAF Represent!

I'm completely okay with this. But you should rename it stonerDeathMatch GAF because that's the only way to enjoy TDM right now with it's chaos spawns.

rdrr gnr

It's an all-out battle between Conquest GAF and Rush GAF.
It's gone a little bit beyond such a superficial disagreement. The level of acceptable discourse in this thread is being consistently lowered by personal attacks and off-base conclusions. If Sekoku keeps getting a pass because he is one of the regulars, that's fine, but I'm calling bullshit when I see it. I have never launched an invective against another person in this thread unless it was instigated first by someone else. I can't say the same for others.

If everyone else wants to be complacent, please continue -- because I won't.

senador

Banned
Out of everyone, I see TheSeks whining more than anyone. Most I've seen just having a discussion, while TheSeks goes on to bitch about other members and belittle everyone with sarcastic shit like: *gasp*, *faints*, etc. The posts come every other post and they usually involve some form of whining, or bitching about others bitching, name calling, etc.

Just cool it man. Its OK to argue Conquest vs Rush, but lines are being crossed, and people are being driven away. Not cool.

TheSeks

Shoutout to Faceless for helping me get a Repair Tool vehicle kill on Kharg Island Defense. Thanks, d00d! <3

Nearly unlocking the ground pods for the jet. Only two hundred more points. DICE! *shakes fist*

Meanwhile: Shameful Display on Seine Crossing Attack and Grand Bazaar I dunno what happened in the second set. We kept swarming and getting wiped out while I was trying to smoke the area. Probably shouldn't have done that but otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in to arm like 3-4 times in the 10 attempts to take it. Brutal loss as was nearly losing at first set B until we somehow cleared them out. Very annoying attack round but I'm kinda glad we lost, they had the numbers in masses there.

and people are being driven away. Not cool.

AndNotASingleFuckWasGivenThatDay.jpg

I don't give a fuck. They can go play Conquest elsewhere or play games without me. I don't join their rounds with the exception of Faceless' anymore. So they don't have to deal with my villain attitude. Capche?

JJD

No it's not. I have a few of those and at the same time I given away a few as well by not bailing out of my tank.

You did bail on that Tehran rush game you were playing against us a couple games ago! I was trying to get that one one from you! You should have let me kill you man lol!

senador

Banned
AndNotASingleFuckWasGivenThatDay.jpg

I don't give a fuck. They can go play Conquest elsewhere or play games without me. I don't join their rounds with the exception of Faceless' anymore. So they don't have to deal with my villain attitude. Capche?
What an ass. It's not the game, it's the forum. I don't care what they play or what you play, just be respectful in here. You are the only one being disrespectful here. What a shitty attitude. It's a community thread, not a TheSeks thread.

That's fine, but don't join for a round and then bitch about it when you lose. You hardly ever play the gametype, so it's expected you're going to "suck" for a bit until you cut your teeth on the mode. It's expected. But Mike in general whines when things don't go his way and he has (IMO and a few others) no sense of "defense mindset" and that's terrible for rush when on defense. Rushing "gung-ho" with a tank isn't going to solve two tanks firing on you. You have to play somewhat "smart" and catch them off guard or suppress and move.

In any case I'm done with it. People that want to play Rush can join me or Faceless (who is a Rush primary player), otherwise don't bother. I'll play Conquest when I want to turn my mind off and cap three flags (BC1 > BC2/BF2 console conquest, seriously) and then base camp to win. Otherwise you won't see me playing it.

Done.

I'm completely okay with this. But you should rename it stonerDeathMatch GAF because that's the only way to enjoy TDM right now with it's chaos spawns.

it's not that i'm a Rush primary player, it's that i usually play whatever other people are playing, and in BC2, that was mostly Rush. Now, it seems to have shifted to Conquest because Rush is hard...

CatPee

Woah, the 5-flag variants of Sharqi Peninsula and Strike at Karkand are so good. Dunno why DICE even put in the 3-flag variants.

Kak.efes

Woah, the 5-flag variants of Sharqi Peninsula and Strike at Karkand are so good. Dunno why DICE even put in the 3-flag variants.

Isn't it? The three map variants suck. Sharqi Peninsula is amazing in the attack helicopter. So many buildings, and hilly areas to hide behind, and pop in and out, it's my favourite map.

olimpia84

Uh. Wow. I don't even. That was amazing.

How did we win that Olimpia?

I can't even describe it. Best comeback match in BF3 history everrr. Wish I could have recorded that win, it was basically us 4 against 9 of them since the other three randoms in our team sucked balls.

This is the type of round that induces a nervous breakdown on me...I mean 22 minutes long and you're telling me the game didn't assign us anybody to even the player count?? (oh wait, it actually did with 10 seconds left when those two level 45s joined our team..SMH) Out of the hundreds of people playing and joining games constantly nobody joined? It's almost like the game was trying to make us lose no matter what.

Atruvius

Got the first B2K sniper unlock. Can't use it. Every time I hold it my arms stretch upwards so I can't even see the gun. Tried quitting server and rejoining. Didn't help. :(

JJD

Got the first B2K sniper unlock. Can't use it. Every time I hold it my arms stretch upwards so I can't even see the gun. Tried quitting server and rejoining. Didn't help. :(

It's a know bug. Dice will fix this...eventually!

In the meantime I wish I could play with you guys right now...between my ISP not working for 2 days, and a lot of stuff I have to do right now, I'm missing this game sooo much!!! :-(

BoatAck

Can you kill "dentist" style just by approaching somebody from behind and using the tool?

Yes. I unlocked the HK53 today by doing it that way.

I can't win a one on one encounter to save my life. I've got five bullets in me before I can pull the trigger, even if I spot them and shoot first. Also, is the FAMAS a really powerful gun? It seems like that gun kills me in half the time most other guns do.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yes. I unlocked the HK53 today by doing it that way.

I can't win a one on one encounter to save my life. I've got five bullets in me before I can pull the trigger, even if I spot them and shoot first. Also, is the FAMAS a really powerful gun? It seems like that gun kills me in half the time most other guns do.

I played for a few hours yesterday to see some B2K maps (never did :/) and I'm pretty sure my non-explosives deaths were 90% FAMAS.

Its also the easiest gun to unlock.

Seems like DICE always messes everything up.

It blows my mind how there are still such great sound bugs on PS3 (e.g. it happens quite often to me that the "battle sound" stops and you hear nothing except for your own or very near gun fire)...

Those are bugs that have been there since beta.

senador

Banned
It blows my mind how there are still such great sound bugs on PS3 (e.g. it happens quite often to me that the "battle sound" stops and you hear nothing except for your own or very near gun fire)...

Those are bugs that have been there since beta.

Happens to me on 360 as well. This game provides a lot of fun for me, but it needs to still be cooking.

Drewsky

Ok, so recently my 360 went out so I've been using PS3 full time. I have BF3 on PS3, and I've finally got around to getting bluetooth headset that I've paired to the PS3. But I can't figure out how to get it to work in game. I know I probably sound like a total idiot, but how is it done?

TheSeks

Pain in the Ass: Roadkill with the Skid Loader... "Like a Boss."

Finally got it, but only after like a hundred attempts only to get shot in the face/back or RPG/AT Mined.

Such a stupid achievement that's kinda luck based and only on one map/mode. GG DICE. :/

Pain in the Ass: Roadkill with the Skid Loader... "Like a Boss."

Finally got it, but only after like a hundred attempts only to get shot in the face/back or RPG/AT Mined.

Such a stupid achievement that's kinda luck based and only on one map/mode. GG DICE. :/

i need to get that one, i tried a few times and failed miserably.

almost donw with DICE's assignments at least!

olimpia84

Finally got the MCOM Defender ribbon today! It was Rush in Canals. First two kills were straight out of a Claymore I placed on the MCOM, then the other two I lucked out and killed the enemy right when they were arming it. 1 down, 49 to go.

UFRA

GG's tonight Seks, other than that last one on Grand Bazaar lol. No clue what the hell happened there, it's like our team just got completely stupid and we were crushed. I was dying almost instantly just at regular spawn points.

Other than that, we had some good matches.

TheSeks

GG's tonight Seks, other than that last one on Grand Bazaar lol. No clue what the hell happened there, it's like our team just got completely stupid and we were crushed. I was dying almost instantly just at regular spawn points.

Other than that, we had some good matches.

DEFEND B!

You: OKAY I'LL DEFEND A! *everyone else rushes to A, I'm in B*

Me: WTF. *facerolled*

SMH.

You need to get out of the engineer/Conquest mindset at times. I know there's a tank at third set, but man seriously: Fuck randoms. I can't trust them to throw a kit EVEN THOUGH THERE IS FOUR DUDES FIRING AT BOTH OF US AND I'M SUPRESSING THEN PRONE TO RECOVER. :|

I could've at least attempted to slow their roll if there was some backup. Too bad that team went full moron and you were busy doing something whatever the hell with engineer. *sigh*

I still need 5 DPV kills for the last all-class gun, but the damn gun on it is like a 75 degree swivel and a death trap. People seem to be roadkilling with it, but I dunno if I'm that good to roadkill in an open-air car that's easy to mow down with the LMG.

rdrr gnr

... Doing really well -- winning. Get disconnected. Rejoin Boatack. Take a loss without even entering the spawn screen.

Really great system DICE.

Edit: Just to reiterate Olimpia's comment. Not rotating in players is getting really fucking annoying. I am literally leaving and joining empty lobbies.

woah, just noticed that I got an m-com defender ribbon on battlelog.

Lol, totally don't know when it happens, but I'm glad I didn't have to boost/play squad rush for it :)

Vard

Yea I've also gotten an M-COM Defender ribbon or two from who knows when. I don't even know how you are supposed to earn it either.

Top Bottom