• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

rdrr gnr

Man, once you got kicked it all went downhill. We ended up getting booted to the carrier and our tickets ran out. Scorch and I must have made 10 trips around the flags just capping and re-capping.
I know. I was capping D when I got kicked. Me and Mini messed around too much early on. But, aside from that small incident, I had a great night of playing. You need to join us on Skype.
My love affair with the helicopter cost us the game. I regret nothing.
Seems like you had a love affair with
crashing
if you ask me.
LOL

rdrr gnr

You were very clearly playing against a group of new players that were struggling. You are always welcome to join the other team while I'm playing conquest.

i need to get that one, i tried a few times and failed miserably.
It's the most annoying one I think because you have a very limited window to try for it (it's only on Wake Island, and there's only one of them) and it's so damn slow that the enemy can easily avoid you. There's no real skill to it, it's just a matter of luck. I think it took me three entire matches of doing nothing else but driving around Wake Island in the 'skidloader' to get it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's the most annoying one I think because you have a very limited window to try for it (it's only on Wake Island, and there's only one of them) and it's so damn slow that the enemy can easily avoid you. There's no real skill to it, it's just a matter of luck. I think it took me three entire matches of doing nothing else but driving around Wake Island in the 'skidloader' to get it.

:lol Better than me. It took me like 50+ attempts on Wake Conquest (SMH) for it. And I learned you can't kill someone while they're prone, they just get pushed around. SMH.

Also DPV can't kill mortars by crashing into them. Thankfully, I got my DPV kill for third tour, but now I need four more kills in that shitty vehicle for the all-class shotgun unlock.

Also Faceless got his when we were playing Wake Conquest Assault.

GG Faceless, JM. Though it was kinda boring terrorizing the enemy. I don't think they even won a round because we kept the pressure of bleeding and defense/attack on. Though I have to ask WTF Faceless was doing over at the enemy base in a sideways helicopter on Firestorm. WTF. :lol

Also only need 2-3 more 3 MVP ribbons for the medal and then I have all the 1-2-3 MVP Medals.

i got it! some guy tried to stand his ground and gun me down while i came straight at him!

:lol Better than me. It took me like 50+ attempts on Wake Conquest (SMH) for it. And I learned you can't kill someone while they're prone, they just get pushed around. SMH.

Also DPV can't kill mortars by crashing into them. Thankfully, I got my DPV kill for third tour, but now I need four more kills in that shitty vehicle for the all-class shotgun unlock.

Also Faceless got his when we were playing Wake Conquest Assault.

GG Faceless, JM. Though it was kinda boring terrorizing the enemy. I don't think they even won a round because we kept the pressure of bleeding and defense/attack on. Though I have to ask WTF Faceless was doing over at the enemy base in a sideways helicopter on Firestorm. WTF. :lol

Also only need 2-3 more 3 MVP ribbons for the medal and then I have all the 1-2-3 MVP Medals.

i didn't want to suicide and the chopper was stuck sideways!

i got it! some guy tried to stand his ground and gun me down while i came straight at him!
That's how I got it too, thank goodness for noobs :)

i didn't want to suicide and the chopper was stuck sideways!
One of the funniest things I ever saw in BFBC2 was one of my clanmates manning the MG on a humvee that was lying on it's side for pretty much an entire match on Oasis. He just sat there calmly mowing people down – parallel to the horizon – like it was the most normal thing in the world lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Play both guys. Get the hankering for team action and warfare, play conquest, want to level up a weapon or just shoot people, play rush.
Problem solved.....right?

L-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-L. No.

"Cap three flags and then camp the enemy teams base" != Teamwork. Bzzzz. Try again.

Sh0k

Planning to get this game for the 360 to divide my FPS playing time between MW3 and Battlefield 3 (playing way too much COD lately)

Has the online problems earlier at release been fixed? Is the game worth getting right now?

Went to Walmart yesterday and they still have some boxes with the Return to Karkand add-on for $50. Origina is having a sale today and the game comes out for around $39. Inluding shipping, but it doesn't have the add-on, that's an extra $15.

Why the hell does the AEk never properly reload? The game finishes the reload-animation, yet I only have one shot..
Happens quite often and it's really annoying in TDM..

Samus4145

Played some matches this weekend. What's with people hanging back with tanks and trying to shoot across the entire map. It's worse than bush wookies. What a waste.

rdrr gnr

Why the hell does the AEk never properly reload? The game finishes the reload-animation, yet I only have one shot..
Happens quite often and it's really annoying in TDM..
A handful of guns have reload animation issues. DAO-12 doesn't stop reloading after a certain point. I guess they have bigger bugs to fix.

I wish they'd nerf fire/fall damage or at least, bring back the insta-parachute from BC2. Movement and fluidity in this game is already problem enough.

WoodWERD

Planning to get this game for the 360 to divide my FPS playing time between MW3 and Battlefield 3 (playing way too much COD lately)

Has the online problems earlier at release been fixed? Is the game worth getting right now?

Went to Walmart yesterday and they still have some boxes with the Return to Karkand add-on for $50. Origina is having a sale today and the game comes out for around $39. Inluding shipping, but it doesn't have the add-on, that's an extra $15.

You should have taken advantage of the Black Friday specials fo sho! I pre-ordered this and haven't touched MW3 yet...which is a first for me since COD4. 360 has been smooth for the most part, so I'm not sure what you're worried about. We don't usually get put in the same squad in Conquest, but that's a quick fix.

JJD

A handful of guns have reload animation issues. DAO-12 doesn't stop reloading after a certain point. I guess they have bigger bugs to fix.

I wish they'd nerf fire/fall damage or at least, bring back the insta-parachute from BC2. Movement and fluidity in this game is already problem enough.

I lost count how many times I have suicided because of the fucking parachute...

Even the chute has lag in this game lol!

senador

Banned
L-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-L. No.

"Cap three flags and then camp the enemy teams base" != Teamwork. Bzzzz. Try again.

There's that dickish attitude of yours again. Going to ignore you now. It'll be odd seeing only the 5 other posts per page that aren't yours.

Thing is, I totally agree with you, and I think Rush is much more teamwork based, while Conquest is the dink around mode. You are just such a troll.

olimpia84

You make it sound like it's a walk in the park and the enemy will gladly allow you to take all the flags without offering resistance. Just because you played a few rounds with gaffers and you base raped the other team doesn't mean it will happen every time.

I'll shoot you an invite next time I face one of those pro level 45 clans so you can show me how 'easy' it is to cap all three flags and camp in their base. I can't wait to see what strategy you use so I can learn from you!
(that is, if you don't quit right away)

Play both guys. Get the hankering for team action and warfare, play conquest, want to level up a weapon or just shoot people, play rush.
Problem solved.....right?
I think you have that back to front. Rush requires extreme levels of teamwork and coordination, whereas Conquest requires far less. The strong teamwork focus of Rush is a double-edged sword though, because it means if you don't have a good team then the experience is shit.

In BFBC2 I much preferred Rush, but so far in BF3 I'm leaning more towards Conquest because ranking up the weapons is such a necessary part of the game (sadly) that you need to focus on it, and Conquest is better for that than Rush.

So how do the map rotations work in B2K? I have my server browser set to only show B2K maps, but only Conquest servers show up. If I pick one of those, then it's only B2K maps (i.e. no vanilla ones in the rotation), which I quite like. Given that no rush servers show up, I assume that the B2K Rush maps are only available as part of the vanilla map rotations… is that correct? It's a shame if there's no way to play only B2K Rush maps in a rotation.

UFRA

</3 Base camping over and over and over and then someone joins and causes the game to lag out nearly to where I'm eating bullets even though I've emptied a clip into a dude. SMH.

Ah good, so it wasn't just me that was suffering from that shit on Sharqi....

It was worse than rubberbanding, because it was constant. Rubberbanding at least gives you a few seconds of illusion that the lag is over, then you warp back. This felt like I was walking through sand all the time and could barely move forward.

Bruiserk

Boatack, you won't guess what just happened on that Grand Bazaar game. My PS3 YLOD. With my BF3 disc inside. Now it won't eject. =_=

Boatack, you won't guess what just happened on that Grand Bazaar game. My PS3 YLOD. With my BF3 disc inside. Now it won't eject. =_=

you can either try to dismantle the drive or do the Gilksy YLOD fix to get a couple of hours more life out of the PS3 to backup saves and get the disc.

</3 Base camping over and over and over and then someone joins and causes the game to lag out nearly to where I'm eating bullets even though I've emptied a clip into a dude. SMH.

i thought it was my connection, since i got dropped from the game twice and had terrible lag all of a sudden. figured i should just go to sleep so i can update the 360 @ 5AM

Bruiserk

you can either try to dismantle the drive or do the Gilksy YLOD fix to get a couple of hours more life out of the PS3 to backup saves and get the disc.

I got the disc out, I'd like to backup my saves. Last time I backed up was around the summer I think. Thanks for the advice.

I got the disc out, I'd like to backup my saves. Last time I backed up was around the summer I think. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, be fast though. I got less than an hour of life with the ylod fix. Some people have claimed to get months though. But i would not count on it :D

Just copy important saves on a USB stick.

Also now you can get all games on automatic online cloud saving with PS+ ;D

BoatAck

Shit! That sucks! I dread the day it happens to me. Hope you get your saves and stuff back.

Sorry about the mavin, I just unlocked it earlier and was playing around with it, not caring if we won or lost. I hadn't realized you joined until you messaged me.

metalshade

Thanks for the large dose of negativity there, I really needed that, obviously I am having fun in a way you deem impossible.
In MY experience on the Xbox 360, people SEEM to play Rush because there is less pressure to perform, and the enemy is somewhat funnelled to you, so you get quite a few inexperienced players there.
As for your experience of Conquest, I don't see that happening in my games, I see Engineers and Snipers tag teaming aircraft, Support classes dishing out kits and Assaults healing me and reviving me. Hell I even get flanked on some occasions, so even my opposer's get it right!
Maybe I am just lucky, but this is MY view of my experiences so far.

Thanks for the large dose of negativity there, I really needed that, obviously I am having fun in a way you deem impossible.
In MY experience on the Xbox 360, people SEEM to play Rush because there is less pressure to perform, and the enemy is somewhat funnelled to you, so you get quite a few inexperienced players there.
As for your experience of Conquest, I don't see that happening in my games, I see Engineers and Snipers tag teaming aircraft, Support classes dishing out kits and Assaults healing me and reviving me. Hell I even get flanked on some occasions, so even my opposer's get it right!
Maybe I am just lucky, but this is MY view of my experiences so far.

PS3 GAF & Friends is a well oiled machine... 4+ in a Rush game doesn't guarantee a win, but 4+ in a CQ game usually means the other team not only loses, but gets DVDA'd.

metalshade

PS3 GAF & Friends is a well oiled machine... 4+ in a Rush game doesn't guarantee a win, but 4+ in a CQ game usually means the other team not only loses, but gets DVDA'd.
I always play randoms, my friends get too annoyed to play with me cos my wifes kitten likes to try and eat my thumbs while im trying to shoot straight!
But I can see your point man.

Marvie_3

Banned
Downloading! If anyone wants to play some really late night/early morning BF3, I'll be on for the next couple hours. Just send me a message on Live.

lol
Didn't realize I needed to go to the in-game store. I kept loading up BF3 over and over again and testing "XBL connection" to pull down the update.

U2NUMB

Just FYI to the limited edition 360 folk.. Download the BF3 Multiplayer from the in game store... its just over 2gb and should give you access to B2K

Top Bottom