• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

metalshade

Battlelog is back up!

B2K Battle Reports now display properly.

Assignments are loading indefinitely for me...

Just checked out those assignments, we are gonna see a lot of players running around doing nothing but grind for those guns.
Gentlemen, prepare to be assaulted by engies running at you with their repair tool, desperately hoping they get you before you notice.
Free kills for us though.

Amagon

What does that even mean dude! But seriously, I never really got that.

The gist of it is that he wants them to get busy, and quick.

Its an Aliens quote

EDIT: 25 minutes later, half way done downloading :\

EDIT#2: Finally, almost an hour later, its done!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i thought it was my connection, since i got dropped from the game twice and had terrible lag all of a sudden. figured i should just go to sleep so i can update the 360 @ 5AM

Nope, I had two seconds of movement/shooting some dude and then an insta-drop/death for most of those rounds. It's why my KDR was like -1/-2 for some of those rounds with the sniper. SVD shoot a dude three times at midrange only to eat two bullets and die.

However, when I switched to medic I was able to gun them down only to get gunned down by someone else. Annoying.

The client side hit detection is okay and generally rocksolid until that shit happens. I guess at that point I might as well stop attempting to get 7 sniper kills for the ribbons for the medal and just go pew pew pew with SMGs.

Rapstah

So are servers getting overloaded with all the physical objects flying around the new maps? On PC, I've been getting servers becoming jankier and jankier through rounds on Rush on pretty much all of the new maps.

EDIT: Herp derp, the console thread. Why are these so similar?

Amagon

Karkand is glorious! Playing on the Xbox and only a few server with players in them for Conquest mode. But feels good to be playing some BF2 maps again!!!!

:)

U2NUMB

Just checked out those assignments, we are gonna see a lot of players running around doing nothing but grind for those guns.
Gentlemen, prepare to be assaulted by engies running at you with their repair tool, desperately hoping they get you before you notice.
Free kills for us though.

Very first thing I thought of.. then it was the first thing I did to get it out of the way. Instead of knifing a guy I just torched him. But you are right.. be prepared to see people running around with it out.

Got 2 games in on the 360 before work.. ran smooth as silk.. looked great.. I am however not sold on the conquest assault.. played it on Wake Island but it was a little odd at first. Maps however looks fantastic!

Marvie_3

Banned
Very first thing I thought of.. then it was the first thing I did to get it out of the way. Instead of knifing a guy I just torched him. But you are right.. be prepared to see people running around with it out.

Got 2 games in on the 360 before work.. ran smooth as silk.. looked great.. I am however not sold on the conquest assault.. played it on Wake Island but it was a little odd at first. Maps however looks fantastic!

Same here.

Amagon

Just played on all four maps on conquest (360). I had lots of fun with Karkand & Sharqi Peninsula. Especially the TV Station conquest point with a fire fight stairway battle with my squad trying to up the stairs while the other rival squad suppressing us from top. Was a very epic Battlefield moment for me. Totally forgot how fun that map was. Karkand is batshit crazy too!!!! Wake Island is Wake Island! Good fun to be had if you like that map. But Gulf of Oman, never did like it during my Battlefield 2 days. (Was my least played map back then) and still I'm not liking it too much now. Whatever!

Where do you guys see the info/link for the assignments? I'm still grinding away to unlock my shit for my engie and recon classes. Started playing BF3 late even though I bought it day 1 but wanted to beat all my new release single player games before I start my heroine addict with the multi.

Amagon

SHWiK.gif

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Chased a guy for about 3 minutes bennyhill style with my blowtorch.

TheSeks

Chased a guy for about 3 minutes bennyhill style with my blowtorch.

Why, seriously?

Half of you are doing it wrong. You notice a prone sniper? Get close and then switch to torch him. Otherwise you're a sitting duck with it out.

Doing it against a tank is the hard one, really.

The Faceless Master said:
Physical Warfare Pack is now free

Means it should be free on PSN tonight (hahahahahahaha, fat chance): Daddy needs a new LMG.
Oh wait, no I don't since the MG36 is hellfire with a decent ironsight.

senador

Banned
Just FYI to the limited edition 360 folk.. Download the BF3 Multiplayer from the in game store... its just over 2gb and should give you access to B2K

The game told me there was an update when I got in, good to know for those it doesn't do this for.

So does B2K have the update that PC and PS3 previously got? Or are we just not getting that one? For those that don't have Limited, does it still prompt you for a download?

Edit: I will answer myself with a "yes". I believe so anyway. The new squad stuff is in with the colored squads and stuff so let's go with a yes. About time.

iZz

Is it just me or did they improve on how kharg island looks (360)? The water used to be flat and pale blue/gray but now it's dark, transparent, reflective and animated similar to noshahr canals. The carrier seems to have more detailed textures as well. Either that or my texture pack install was glitched all along and the update fixed it :|

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Will be playing tonight once this 2 gb install finishes, probably a couple years from now. Speedinuptostop on 360, I play conquest usually.

fuenf

wow i have to admit the complete warrior trophy was one of the best experiences in the game. took the game way too serious before but the trophy showed me how much fun it is to just troll the enemies.

So how do the map rotations work in B2K? I have my server browser set to only show B2K maps, but only Conquest servers show up. If I pick one of those, then it's only B2K maps (i.e. no vanilla ones in the rotation), which I quite like. Given that no rush servers show up, I assume that the B2K Rush maps are only available as part of the vanilla map rotations… is that correct? It's a shame if there's no way to play only B2K Rush maps in a rotation.
To answer my own question, the Rush rotations work exactly the same as the Conquest rotations. The reason I didn't realise was because I also have my filter set to show only Australian servers… and for the entire first week of B2K's release there have been no Aussie B2K Rush servers, only 15-20 B2K Conquest servers. Last night was the first time that a Rush server has appeared, and it was just the one (to 15 Conquest servers still). WTF?

Although having played B2K Rush, I think that Conquest seems to be the better mode for BF3. Which is a shame, as I had really grown to love Rush in BFBC2.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So finding a good team on these new maps is REALLY hard. A bunch of games in a row where I'm steamrolled as soon as I join the room.

JJD

Thanks for the help with the SDM requirements for the assault assignments Olimpia! It was fun!

I never tried playing with the MAV, I hope it was helpful!

gl0w

No physical warfare pack for PS3? Meh...
Hating the fact that DICE always make assault weapons OP, first F2000, now FAMAS? You are doing it wrong DICE.

rdrr gnr

No physical warfare pack for PS3? Meh...
Hating the fact that DICE always make assault weapons OP, first F2000, now FAMAS? You are doing it wrong DICE.
F2K is really good, but it's not overpowered to the point that it needs to be nerfed. I haven't used the Famas as much as I should have, but from my limited experience with it, it seemed like a regular assault rifle. Then again, it takes me 2 and 1/2 clips to kill someone given the ironsights, so I may be completely off-base.

TheSeks

Sorry J. I got tired of LOL HELICOPTER PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW. I had enough of that in BC2. :/ Team couldn't really defend (or attack, I'm boggled at how someone got into A after I attempted three times to arm and held them off at the end only to die just as it boomed) and lag was terrible. Like literally empty a clip into someone mid-range only to have two bullets ate and die. Annoying.

Went to TDM and somehow I didn't lag and went 19-5 with the P90 and not having to contend with vehicles or lag. Crazy.

senador

Banned
The FAMAS doesn't seem OP to me... I've encountered lots of people with it so far but I chalk that up to it being new and its the easiest one to get, plus Assault is the most common class. I only have 26 kills with it, but so far I've found it a bit tough to use. Up close its a beast because of that 900 fire rate, but at range its a bit unwieldy. I don't really see a problem with it thus far.

360 peeps, add me: RebornYeti.

I'm sick of being stuck on the losing team!

Doh! I looked a few times and since the game came out and saw you with friends so I never bothered inviting or anything. Another reason is its a pain to join up with people. I don't mind backing out if you don't, so I'll start hitting you up.

Kak.efes

The only guns worth a shit for assault are the F2000, AEK, and the L85A2. Honourable mention to the M16A3. Haven't touched the G3A3, or the KH2002, so I can't comment on those. The FAMAS is great at close range, but shit at medium to long.

Calion

Sorry for leaving the Metro game Seks as soon as you joined. That was about the 3rd time I was kicked, and I promptly turned off the game in a rage quit from that point. >_<

JJD

Had some really strange games right now with Jtrizzy, Patriot and Ksaiyu.

The other team had the most skilled players overall, but we had a slight advantage in numbers (1 or 2 players at most).

If you asked me what team would win, I would always say that the more skilled team would take the victory, but somehow we always managed to turn the game to our favor, despite almost half our team being smurfs.

On this Sharqui Peninsula game, we managed to win by 1 ticket, because at the end of the match the opposing team decided to take both choppers (both with a gunner I presume), while we capped all the flags. We were losing by more than 20 tickets. Talk about a dumb decision.

Then on a Tehran game, we finally had both teams with the same amount of players. The game was really though, they grabbed A and B at the beginning, and halfway in it, with only one flag (C) and losing it, I thought we were going to get spawn raped. Then out of nowhere the opposing team just stopped pushing us, going forward and defending their flags.

We managed to cap and camp on B waiting for a counter attack...that never came. I took a jeep, went back to our base grabbed a tank and marched right into A, and despite a few engineers spamming rockets they really didn't try to take us out.

We won by 106 tickets, and frankly I don't know what happened...we even lost a player when we were being overrun, so they had the player advantage for most of the game.

I thought they were hunting for assignments, but how that would justify completely giving up on a won game like that, specially if you consider that 3 or 4 of their players were skilled, and knew how to play extremely aggressive?

olimpia84

Thanks for the help with the SDM requirements for the assault assignments Olimpia! It was fun!

I never tried playing with the MAV, I hope it was helpful!

Yeah, it was very helpful specially in that Op. Metro round where no tanks are available. If you ever feel like playing Squad DM again let me know, I'm slowly shooting to get the medal for it and I figured it's not that bad as long as you have good teamwork going on and grab the tank for most of the game.

The an94 is a great AR as well but you really have to learn how to get comfortable with it. I have racked up so many kills in close quarters with it on full auto and 2 round burst at distance. The BF3 guns are truly unique IMO and you have to learn their strengths and weakness.

Daigoro

i got my first ever blowtorch kill ever today without even trying. some prone sniper completely unaware at A on Firestorm, crouched behind a box while we drove a tank in. i saw him on proximity just laying there, so i got out and torched him.

that same game in that same tank, we roadkilled 2 snipers laying prone on a hill. it took us forever to drive up the hill slowly and painfully and they just layed there, clueless. two roadkills, in one shot, on two prone dudes, in a tank.

some people... lol.

Octacamo

i got my first ever blowtorch kill ever today without even trying. some prone sniper completely unaware at A on Firestorm, crouched behind a box while we drove a tank in. i saw him on proximity just laying there, so i got out and torched him.

that same game in that same tank, we roadkilled 2 snipers laying prone on a hill. it took us forever to drive up the hill slowly and painfully and they just layed there, clueless. two roadkills, in one shot, on two prone dudes, in a tank.

some people... lol.

Nice

video would have been so awesome :D

Daigoro

Nice

video would have been so awesome :D

that was exactly what i was thinking about when it happened. it was such a funny and dumb moment, and no way to save it.

one of the main flaws this game has. every shooter and pretty much every game needs a way to save clips.

I'll never get it...can't fly jets if my life depended on it... :-(

me either. gonna be doing a lot of aimless flying and getting shot down before i get this achievement, if ever...

Top Bottom