• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Alright. Just let me know if you change your mind. ;)

Got 4 of the assignments done tonight. The requirements for some of the 2nd tier unlocks are fucking stupid.

i found out recently that you can destroy an abandoned AAMTRAC and that counts as an 'enemy vehicle'. what other ones are stupid? ok, i admit, 50 RPG kills is kind of silly!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The only guns worth a shit for assault are the F2000, AEK, and the L85A2. Honourable mention to the M16A3. Haven't touched the G3A3, or the KH2002, so I can't comment on those. The FAMAS is great at close range, but shit at medium to long.

LOOOOOOL.

AK-47 is great with great iron sights and decent damage. KH2002 is damn near AN-94 BC2 level. G3A3 is great if you're used to it in BC2 with the only difference being the new iron-sight view.

FAMAS is broken. I've done enough long-range sniping with it with a different scope. You can't really do that with the shitty iron sight so I can understand thinking it's "shit" at long range otherwise but get a red-dot and spot someone? Put the dot on them and spray. The high RoF guarantees you get a kill.

The Faceless Master said:
i found out recently that you can destroy an abandoned AAMTRAC and that counts as an 'enemy vehicle'. what other ones are stupid? ok, i admit, 50 RPG kills is kind of silly!

Wait, what? That makes it so much easier can you do this with abandoned tanks and the like?

The Faceless Master said:
probably the easiest way to get a jet kill is hover with the F-35 and kill infantry...

Except the F35 "hover" is actually "stall mode." So you sink instead of flying in place. It isn't a good alternative.

You require a bit of luck, but if you have heat seakers attempt to use those against jets and then spray the jet you're firing on so that if they get hit with the heatseakers the machine gun puts them in a kill-range instead of just "lol disable *bail!*"

The jet kill (and staying alive!) is the hardest part, once you're done with that it's a matter of GTFOing back to a normal "out of bounds" area with the jet, bailing and landing the parachute with noone noticing. Then getting a tank after an assault rifle kill.

You gotta kinda play as a dick though if you don't have a team able to hold a tank for you. I had to pretty much play Wake Island Conquest as a stealth dick and had a few close-calls in deaths when I had to find a fucking tank for my last requirement. But it was worth it. Such a stupid achievement.

So, wait... Is Conquest Assault more or less a Rush variant? My first impression was not a good one. Can regular Conquest even be played on the new maps? ALSO! Does filtering via Conquest in quick match leae it open to both vanilla and Assault?

Spanks.

TheSeks

So, wait... Is Conquest Assault more or less a Rush variant? My first impression was not a good one. Can regular Conquest even be played on the new maps? ALSO! Does filtering via Conquest in quick match leae it open to both vanilla and Assault?

Spanks.

*sigh* No. I can understand it feels similar, but no. It's normal Conquest but "defense" has bleed advantage at the start. Attackers must ATTACK/CAP FLAGS TO BLEED THE DEFENSE. Otherwise they lose. Unlike Rush where they have to cap two crates to push forward 3-4 times.

No. Filter/maps are Conquest and Conquest Assault on B2K maps. You dunno which you'll get until loading in.

Wait, what? That makes it so much easier can you do this with abandoned tanks and the like?
no, only the AAMTRAC. apparently because it's a mobile spawn point, it counts as an enemy vehicle even when empty.

Except the F35 "hover" is actually "stall mode." So you sink instead of flying in place. It isn't a good alternative.

You require a bit of luck, but if you have heat seakers attempt to use those against jets and then spray the jet you're firing on so that if they get hit with the heatseakers the machine gun puts them in a kill-range instead of just "lol disable *bail!*"

The jet kill (and staying alive!) is the hardest part, once you're done with that it's a matter of GTFOing back to a normal "out of bounds" area with the jet, bailing and landing the parachute with noone noticing. Then getting a tank after an assault rifle kill.

You gotta kinda play as a dick though if you don't have a team able to hold a tank for you. I had to pretty much play Wake Island Conquest as a stealth dick and had a few close-calls in deaths when I had to find a fucking tank for my last requirement. But it was worth it. Such a stupid achievement.

it's not hard to hover and kill one infantry dude. i did it a bunch of times when trying to get the Trophy on PS3, then i screwed up the assault or tank kill :D

Spanks.

you can't choose between Conquest Head-On (BC2 style) and Conquest Assault (B2K style), and in fact, 4 flag Gulf of Oman is Head-On style Conquest while 3 flag is Assault style Conquest, but you won't know which you're getting until you see the loading screen. as far as it being a Rush variant, it predates Rush. In fact, BC1 had Double Assault style conquest, where neither team had uncappable spawns and the game QUICKLY ended when either team got all 5 capture points.

U2NUMB

So anyone else having just random suicides? From running down a main road to often being killed for no reason in a chopper or jet only for it to register as a suicide?

Is this well known? On the 360 here and it happened more than normal last night after the patch.

Marvie_3

Banned
So anyone else having just random suicides? From running down a main road to often being killed for no reason in a chopper or jet only for it to register as a suicide?

Is this well known? On the 360 here and it happened more than normal last night after the patch.

It happens to me every once in awhile. I was reloading my gun and got a suicide last night. It's annoying but it's only happened to me maybe 5 times since the game came out.

I love the new maps and weapon balance. Not yet sure how I feel about CQ Assault though. To be fair I haven't tried any of the other modes yet for contrast sake.

Flying is more fun. They need to adjust scoring for the arial vehicles though. Where they're harder to take down now it seems like I'm getting fewer points for my attempts.

Love the assignments. I just wish there were a better way to monitor this on the consoles without having to check your stats on Battlelog website.

JJD

Really? Even if there's no one inside you still damage it with the torch????

Wow, you're amazing faceless!

Like other vehicles, isn't there a timer on this? Other vehicles only count as enemy vehicle if an enemy player was in it not to long ago, but eventually it wears off

gl0w

I just asked on twitter about the private matches on consoles, because my clan is really exited to start doing some clan wars, and apart of that i think it is a feature that must be implemented asap for community events and something like that.

@Battlefield @zh1nt0 @Demize99 Hi all, now that B2K is out, could you please give a word about the Private Matches on Consoles? Thank you!

the reply was

@gl0wvalter We're investigating dedicated servers for consoles. We're gathering feedback on the community's utility. ^CH

Well, lets wait to see how much long it will take.

Xux

Like other vehicles, isn't there a timer on this? Other vehicles only count as enemy vehicle if an enemy player was in it not to long ago, but eventually it wears off
Nah, the AAMTRAC is only US no matter what; RU can't enter it at all if it's empty.

Soma

one of the few amazing games i've had with randoms:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/13294259/4/266952008/

cornflakekiller whoever you are man, you are hands down the best random chopper pilot i've flown with. at point we get really badly damaged so in a panic i bail out in the middle of the ocean so i'm like "well this sucks". then i see that he landed to repair the chopper and not only does he get back into the air he comes over near me to pick me up so i can continue being his gunner.

that's the mark of not only a good team player but an all around nice dude. needless to say, we wrecked the opposing team.

Xux

Godfuckingdammit; if you're gonna split me from a GAF squad don't put me on the team with complete morons.

They need to put in an option where I can choose to join a team that aren't scared to death of jumping in a vehicle.

If the enemy team enters our Attack Helicopter, just end the game; these stupid fucks don't deserve to play the game they paid for.

TheSeks

go team! aka, me and 3 recons play SQDM

Hey! Not all of us recons are that bad
when the game isn't lagging to where my three bullets will kill you instead of completely whiffing air only to eat three bullets in return

/Still need to get the 7 kills in a round with sniper rifles ribbon x 50 for the medal
//Which is a pain in the ass
///I miss my P90. :(

Kak.efes

one of the few amazing games i've had with randoms:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/13294259/4/266952008/

cornflakekiller whoever you are man, you are hands down the best random chopper pilot i've flown with. at point we get really badly damaged so in a panic i bail out in the middle of the ocean so i'm like "well this sucks". then i see that he landed to repair the chopper and not only does he get back into the air he comes over near me to pick me up so i can continue being his gunner.

that's the mark of not only a good team player but an all around nice dude. needless to say, we wrecked the opposing team.

I've done this, and have had this happen to me on a couple of occasions. A good gunner/pilot combo can have such a huge impact on the outcome of a game.

Also, is the thermal optics unlockable not the greatest for a gunner? I swear, once you get that as a gunner, your ability to tag, and kill shit from just about anywhere on the map is crazy. It sucks that it's at the cost of counter measures.

U2NUMB

Ok server disconnects are getting old. Entire servers are just booting people on the 360.. so tired of finally getting all my friends onto the same team only to it crap out normally at the very end of a round.

LOL

I'll be on around 11pm EST if any GAFers wanna grind through some rounds of SQDM
it gets better! i vehicle whored again and got 4 today with randoms! they caught on and repaired and flanked 'close' to the tank and stuff.

Hey! Not all of us recons are that bad
when the game isn't lagging to where my three bullets will kill you instead of completely whiffing air only to eat three bullets in return

/Still need to get the 7 kills in a round with sniper rifles ribbon x 50 for the medal
//Which is a pain in the ass
///I miss my P90. :(

CQ, Metro/Bazaar, SVD/MK11, 4x Scope, Bipod.

What is the best way to learn to fly the helicopters?

just practice. and try different control styles.

Complistic

Spanks.

No rush is more or less a Conquest Assault variant.

Daigoro

This. I switched from the default controls to legacy and it made a world of difference.

i just had to switch the flight sticks to southpaw i think and that did it for me. that way you dip the nose with the left stick by pushing up, and the right stick rotates you right/left.

but yeah. that co-op mission helps a lot in learning how to fly. i played it a bunch of times.

TheSeks

Yea I was trying that the other day, the other person kept quitting as i was crashing so much.

You need to get a person that is willing to sit there in a private game, then. It's still the best way to tweak controls that isn't an actual match to learn to fly.

Kak.efes

how the hell do you seatswap with two full seats?

edit: cant watch the video at work. this is for the chopper, right?

You can only seat swap when there's no gunner. It only works when the missile is in the air. It's difficult to time, I usually get hit anyway, but if you perfect your timing, you can always alternate between flare, and seat swapping to remain in the air indefinitely, at least until you clip a tower, tree, or a jet rams into you.

TheSeks

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSequentialx?feature=watch

These are infinitely more impressive.

Knowing how to disengage, reengage, managing your threat by obstructing lock on behind buildings, and hills, as well as coordinating flares, with seat swapping, are the most important things for a pilot to manage.

Wouldn't swapping seats still have the same long reload time as two different people in the chopper? If not DICE needs to fix that. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Just got through my 5 rounds of SQDM thanks to some fine help from faceless and glenchivas. Thanks dudes! Need to take a break and cleanse the shit that is SQDM out of my brain. :lol

Destroying a MAV with the repair tool counts as well. Made that requirement much easier.

Top Bottom