• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

rdrr gnr

I've played a handful of rounds of SQDM and it wasn't horrible. It was a full squad of friends though. iirc, SQDM was my second most played gametype after Rush in BC2.
The latest update buffed it against infantry. Sure it was before, but now it's instadeath even at range.
What? It did? No way it did... I can't even imagine the reasoning...

senador

Banned
I've played a handful of rounds of SQDM and it wasn't horrible. It was a full squad of friends though. iirc, SQDM was my second most played gametype after Rush in BC2.

What? It did? No way it did... I can't even imagine the reasoning...

From the notes on the 360 update:
-Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
-Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...3-gets-client-update-on-xbox-360-today.aspx##

Before it was deadly, now it sees you, you're dead. Unless I'm imagining it and "AA gun" doesn't include the Tunguska, but it does when referring to physics impact.

Just got through my 5 rounds of SQDM thanks to some fine help from faceless and glenchivas. Thanks dudes! Need to take a break and cleanse the shit that is SQDM out of my brain. :lol

Destroying a MAV with the repair tool counts as well. Made that requirement much easier.
vehicle whoring! the only way to SQDM!

yeah, i destroyed an enemy T-UGS with the repair tool and go it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSequentialx?feature=watch

These are infinitely more impressive.

Knowing how to disengage, reengage, managing your threat by obstructing lock on behind buildings, and hills, as well as coordinating flares, with seat swapping, are the most important things for a pilot to manage.

WOOOOWWWW, I never knew you could switch seats to use both flares. Lol, I'm not getting shot down any time soon now!

Tokubetsu

So, which four of you mofos will be lucky enough to get the privilege of getting Tokubetsu 5 squad dm wins? Members of the PC Master Race only.

Dyno

I'm not finding the weapon information in the game very satisfying. Is there a place where you can compare weapons like in the old Battlefields or does anyone have a website that discusses weapons.

Just playing Assault for now. I've unlocked the 416 and the FAMAS. What assault rifles are people loving?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok folks i may get a PSN Card today.

Back To Karkand here i come!

Ok folks i may get a PSN Card today.

Back To Karkand here i come!

zm6vr.gif

Sh0k

Man, do I suck at this game ... specially in Rush mode, I get killed so much. I'm much better at Team Deathmatch which is really good, but I want to get better in Rush.

Any noob tips ?

JJD

And this is why playing with randoms suck. Besides hunting beast, me and a random dude, our team did fucking nothing the whole game.

We were capping flags left and right, I mean, look at the winning team K/D! The whole team had a negative K/D average! But our fucking team couldn't hold their own underwear if their life depended on it, much less a flag.

Also, I'm not joining that iSNiiPA guy games anymore. Dude always quit when we're losing. Seems like he only wants to join the fun when we're steam rolling. We lost this Caspian game by 4 tickets because he and Patriot quit when they though we were going to lose. We had 3 flags and were capturing the last one when the game ended.

UFRA

What determines whether the game allows you to sit in a queue or just get the "server is full" message when joining a full server? (consoles)

Shit pisses me off.

I would rather hit X, have it place me in the queue and then I can walk away and go play with my phone or something while I wait. Instead, sometimes I have to sit there and mash X a million times to a ton of "server is full" messages, meanwhile I feel like I'm wasting my life. lol

(this always happens when trying to join up with friends)

rdrr gnr

And this is why playing with randoms suck. Besides hunting beast, me and a random dude, our team did fucking nothing the whole game.

We were capping flags left and right, I mean, look at the winning team K/D! The whole team had a negative K/D average! But our fucking team couldn't hold their own underwear if their life depended on it, much less a flag.

Also, I'm not joining that iSNiiPA guy games anymore. Dude always quit when we're losing. Seems like he only wants to join the fun when we're steam rolling. We lost this Caspian game by 4 tickets because he and Patriot quit when they though we were going to lose. We had 3 flags and were capturing the last one when the game ended.
That fucking blows. I can understand leaving a game in the first few minutes but backing out last second? In a close game? Earning a loss is a very different circumstance than losing a win.

JJD

That fucking blows. I can understand leaving a game in the first few minutes but backing out last second? In a close game? Earning a loss is a very different circumstance than losing a win.

What's the status on Bruiserk PS3 man? I miss late night GAF players!

What determines whether the game allows you to sit in a queue or just get the "server is full" message when joining a full server? (consoles)

Shit pisses me off.

I would rather hit X, have it place me in the queue and then I can walk away and go play with my phone or something while I wait. Instead, sometimes I have to sit there and mash X a million times to a ton of "server is full" messages, meanwhile I feel like I'm wasting my life. lol

(this always happens when trying to join up with friends)

DICE servers have a queue, the EA and P##### and other ones don't.

rdrr gnr

Ugh. I see JJD and Olimpia playing and I haven't gotten the chance since finals started earlier this week... but then again I have a huge backlog... goddamn first world problems...

Saiyu

Good games these past few days. Am I weird for enjoying going against GAF a bit too much? :D

Nice flying with The Patriot and I swear when JJD is in a tank they're bloody indestructible!

rdrr gnr

What is the best gun in the engineer class? I like full auto since its a cqc type gun.

I've found that the AK with plain ironsights is solid. iirc, it's even getting nerfed in a future patch; get your time in with it now. It does the most damage at range.

Then, I'd say its between the A-91 and the G36c. Nothing counting B2K or co-op guns.

JJD

Good games these past few days. Am I weird for enjoying going against GAF a bit too much? :D

Nice flying with The Patriot and I swear when JJD is in a tank they're bloody indestructible!

Man why you're always playing against us? If you join in the other team and doesn't want to quit wait until the game is finished then join us on the next one! I'll start sending you invites! :)

Also you seem to have a knack for taking me down! I'm still hurting after that knife kill in Seine and snipe kill when I was fixing Olimpia's tank in Op. Firestorm!

I don't want to play against you anymore, I'm tired of getting killed! Lol! Yesterday you sniped me from 100 miles aways on that Oman game! :-D

How did you got on top of that huge building on the construction site?

Ugh. I see JJD and Olimpia playing and I haven't gotten the chance since finals started earlier this week... but then again I have a huge backlog... goddamn first world problems...

Why you were playing U3 and not studying man??? Lol!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What is the best gun in the engineer class? I like full auto since its a cqc type gun.

HK53. Otherwise my BFFAKS-74U.

All others are pretty trash with the exception of the G3AC or whatever and the A-91 has TERRIBLE iron sights. Like, really really bad.

TheSeks

The iron sights aren't that bad... better than the G36C and SCAR at least.

No. Very... no. Just... no.

G36C has the best ironsights that aren't the HK53 and AKS-74U in the Engineer class and even then the SCAR doesn't have terrible ironsights. The A-91 has terrible ironsights all around. Too thin, too short-range. You can't gauge "mid-range" targets with it like the other engineer guns.

TheSeks

this isn't BC2 folks, you don't have to choose between iron sights and something awesome.

I'm a man, not a woman. Why would I use training wheels on my guns.
Outside of IRNV which got nerfed and the red-dot on the FAMAS because seriously: Fuck that guns iron-sights

Saiyu

Man why you're always playing against us? If you join in the other team and doesn't want to quit wait until the game is finished then join us on the next one! I'll start sending you invites! :)

Also you seem to have a knack for taking me down! I'm still hurting after that knife kill in Seine and snipe kill when I was fixing Olimpia's tank in Op. Firestorm!

I don't want to play against you anymore, I'm tired of getting killed! Lol! Yesterday you sniped me from 100 miles aways on that Oman game! :-D

How did you got on top of that huge building on the construction site?

Lol I think it's from my SOCOM days, I used to love dicking around against my clan in pubby rooms. Didn't help that we were called the Teamkilling clan too....

Haha in that time in Seine I was actually in a nook in the corridor with the MAV and luckily was flying past when I saw someone coming up the stairs through the window. Saw you take out my teammate so let you walk past me twice and followed you up there! In Oman I just put a spawn beacon next to that building and dropped onto it - I knew our team was gonna lose the ability to spawn so I just hid up there taking pot shots until they all switched to my squad to spawn. A few of those RPGs almost got me too!

I think they need to buff the guided missiles for jets (think it does ~35 to tanks) - I probably had my best game flying yesterday in Kharg but only ended up with a couple of ground kills. It seems the best tactic is to come in high, drop the bomb and follow up with the gun but I rarely even get a Vehicle Disabled.

senador

Banned
So the IRNV did get nerfed? My friend uses it exclusively and says he noticed it. I kept thinking he was imagining it since it wasn't in the change logs.

Why do people like to use guns with iron sights? That is my least favorite part of a new gun and it can be such a grind for me to just hit those first 10 kills to get a scope of some form. What's the appeal?

Top Bottom