• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stingers didn't work. Second set: Get in a tank. Helicopter flying close to try to kill me. Switch out of guided shells thinking Evolved would CITV. BLAM. Two kills. NAILED IT.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
nice games after getting back from my business trip.
Shame on that last one, but we tried.

I cannot kill anything in this game. Frigging guy can be right in front of me and I can't close the deal.

BoatAck

I cannot kill anything in this game. Frigging guy can be right in front of me and I can't close the deal.

You're not alone. I have a bitch of a time as well. If I try and aim correctly, I'm dead before I can fire two bullets. If I start firing right away, I am always off. I swear there have been times where I've practically painted a silhouette of bullets around a dude. I have friggin' Stormtrooper aim in close-quarters.

rdrr gnr

What sensitivity are you guys playing on?

Out of all the regressions BF3 represents, the change in control scheme has to be the most disappointing. The console BC2 controls were absolutely perfect. Now we have this super sensitive snap-to-lock CoD control scheme. Absolutely atrocious. It always feels like you're struggling against your controller.

Evolved1

Out of all the regressions BF3 represents, the change in control scheme has to be the most disappointing. The console BC2 controls were absolutely perfect. Now we have this super sensitive snap-to-lock CoD control scheme. Absolutely atrocious. It always feels like you're struggling against your controller.

Yeah, combined with the input lag it's just a mess.

Sensitivity doesn't really fix anything, because it doesn't address the actual problems with the controls. It just makes it faster-bad or slower-bad.

They aren't gonna fix it either.

JJD

Yeah, combined with the input lag it's just a mess.

Sensitivity doesn't really fix anything, because it doesn't address the actual problems with the controls. It just makes it faster-bad or slower-bad.

They aren't gonna fix it either.

You sure of this? They have acknowledged the problem, and said they are working on it. There's no way they won't do something about it.

metalshade

Ok, BIG problem here, Xbox 360, and I cant join any matches, if I try quickmatch or server browser, it joins me up, I get the loading screen, then just a blank black screen, but I still get the radio chatter loading sounds, and it shows in my recent players list that I have joined a multiplayer match, and I also cant do anything but dashboard out.
Anyone else know of something similar?

Just had one of my better games on Conquest Damavand. Got my first Transport Vehicle kill ribbon, and my second in the same game! Snuck through to South side got in truck...drove it a few feet to capture flag, switched seats and commenced hosing people.

3/4 full

rdrr gnr

See, I can't even imagine this for BF3. In BC2, my sensitivity was about 2-4 clicks back from max. For BF3, its about 2-4 clicks from the minimum. It's awful. I think Evolved said they switched from an 'analog' control scheme to something else. I don't exactly know what the change is -- it feels to me like a change in the auto-aim mechanic and the hitbox size -- but I hope they stick with the traditional 'slow' and 'sluggish' control scheme for BC3.

JJD

See, I can't even imagine this for BF3. In BC2, my sensitivity was about 2-4 clicks back from max. For BF3, its about 2-4 clicks from the minimum. It's awful. I think Evolved said they switched from an 'analog' control scheme to something else. I don't exactly know what the change is -- it feels to me like a change in the auto-aim mechanic and the hitbox size -- but I hope they stick with the traditional 'slow' and 'sluggish' control scheme for BC3.

You're really having that much problem with the controls? I could never notice, I mean, you're a good player!

Controls were a huge issue for me when I started, I even thought about giving up on the game, now I've just adapted. I think my sensitivity is somewhere between 50% and 75%.

The controls are not intuitive IMO. I could stop playing BC2 for more than a month and I would not have any issues when I came back. The controls felt natural.

If I stop playing BF3 for a week I will have a small readjustment period before I can play "normally" again. If I take a longer break I'll probably take longer to adjust as well.

Evolved1

I honestly don't know exactly what they changed... and the heavy input lag makes it rather difficult to parse the specifics.

To me, it feels like they screwed around with the analog's acceleration and deadzone... but it's quite possible the only difference from BC2 is just the input lag.

Like I said, the lag makes it hard to tell.

If there's any reason to be hopeful, it would be the fact a DICE douche flamed that guy on twitter who commented about the changed controls... saying he was "on crack" or whatever.

This kind of makes me think they didn't really make any "planned" changes to the analog settings, and just weren't aware of the input lag.

But...

I felt the problems in the beta, from the first seconds, and people say there wasn't input lag in the beta.

Personally I think they tried to do CoD analog settings, fucking up the buttery BC2 config, and then worsened it even more with input lag. So, even if they fix the lag, the controls are still fucked anyway. Imo.

I like 1:1. I don't use aim assist and I don't need "snappy" ADHD controls... I like the weapon to go exactly where I aim the stick, and I don't want to constantly fight the goddamned controls because acceleration made me overshoot the target, or fight against a deadzone when trying to do small adjustments.

TheSeks

*falls in from the roof*

Achievement Unlocked: Darwin's Parachute.

HEY WAIT! I ALREADY HAD THAT DICE! D:

Anyway: Faceless, I'm coming for your ass in terms of awards in BC1. 87 vs your 100. There's 117 awards in BC1? Only need 30 more for "I AM BAD COMPANY!" >_< The only hardest one besides "Strike!" is the 20 headshots and maybe the grenade launcher kills. Otherwise it's stuff like Savior that's damn near impossible to do with BC1's wonky damage system while I'm swimming in 2 Savior ribbons in BF3 so far.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks to an EA Advisor i can finally read BattleLog ... but my account is tied to my old PSN Account. Worse is nothing i guess.

Arnie

Loving Rush so much more on the B2K maps. In the Vanilla stable Conquest is my preferred mode of choice hands down. In B2K, both are good.

*falls in from the roof*

Achievement Unlocked: Darwin's Parachute.

HEY WAIT! I ALREADY HAD THAT DICE! D:

Anyway: Faceless, I'm coming for your ass in terms of awards in BC1. 87 vs your 100. There's 117 awards in BC1? Only need 30 more for "I AM BAD COMPANY!" >_< The only hardest one besides "Strike!" is the 20 headshots and maybe the grenade launcher kills. Otherwise it's stuff like Savior that's damn near impossible to do with BC1's wonky damage system while I'm swimming in 2 Savior ribbons in BF3 so far.

Strike! is all about luck really.

i still remember exactly how i got it both times.

1) dropped a mortar strike on the middle of the road between the 2 crates on 3rd base of Harvest Day and all of a sudden *bam*

2) shot an RPG at the big oil containers at the start of a match on Deconstruction like i did so many times before and so many times after but this one time *bam*

and i still laugh at the mere idea of 50 boat roadkills.

many of those trophies just have to be gamed.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I honestly don't know exactly what they changed... and the heavy input lag makes it rather difficult to parse the specifics.

To me, it feels like they screwed around with the analog's acceleration and deadzone... but it's quite possible the only difference from BC2 is just the input lag.

Like I said, the lag makes it hard to tell.

If there's any reason to be hopeful, it would be the fact a DICE douche flamed that guy on twitter who commented about the changed controls... saying he was "on crack" or whatever.

This kind of makes me think they didn't really make any "planned" changes to the analog settings, and just weren't aware of the input lag.

I have this awful feeling they can't/won't fix the input lag issue. I really hope that's not the case because if it is I don't see myself playing this game anymore.

TheSeks

I have this awful feeling they can't/won't fix the input lag issue. I really hope that's not the case because if it is I don't see myself playing this game anymore.

I'm still waiting for BC2's picture mode (I still want that tank on the cliff of Arica Harbor, damn it) and Battlerecorder for BF3.

SooooooonSkeleton.gif

@Faceless: Yeah, I was up until 4AM last night playing with a few people to
boost
gain a few rewards. I got the 1-on-1 boat/air kills and Straight Flush along with Emplacement patches. So that's a start. I just need to get medical trophies for the last medic patch and six grenade launcher kills for the Assault patches.

finally played a few rounds after my final late Saturday/early Sunday morning. went into a b2k server. is it always conquest assault? this seemed to be the case that night.

what I am noticing on kark is everyone loves to go to the tallest building that is near B and plant a beacon up there. is there a stairway I am missing?

playing with ransoms in this mode sucks.

TheSeks

what I am noticing on kark is everyone loves to go to the tallest building that is near B and plant a beacon up there. is there a stairway I am missing?

LOL KARKAND ROCKS YOU STUPID CONSOLE PEASANT!</PC BF2 players>

No, and that's why it sucks. They rename it "Shoots and Ladders" because that's all it is. Ladders and snipers on hollow buildings with no ways to get to them other than said ladders.

Easily the WORST map in B2K. Wake would've been it for it's neutered-ness, but this took the cake.

LOL KARKAND ROCKS YOU STUPID CONSOLE PEASANT!</PC BF2 players>

No, and that's why it sucks. They rename it "Shoots and Ladders" because that's all it is. Ladders and snipers on hollow buildings with no ways to get to them other than said ladders.

Easily the WORST map in B2K. Wake would've been it for it's neutered-ness, but this took the cake.

hmm was the ladder in BF2? I love the map don't get me wrong. but I'll try the normal servers to see how it plays out.

man I miss the days of 64 player karkand servers. it looks slighty empty on consoles. still fun though.

Nizz

I feel the same way. You go over to the Get Satisfaction forums and check the thread for anything official and all you see is one post from repii saying "we're looking into it". That reply's going to be two months old later next week and still nothing.

Either DICE is honestly looking into the situation and are working on a fix and they can't figure it out just yet, or there's nothing they can do about it and hoping people probably just forget about it/ adjust to it.

I can't adjust for shit with the input lag in this game. In Bad Company 2, I play with the sensitivity one notch from max. Feels pretty damn good. In BF3 however, I can't find a sweet spot since input lag/deadzone acceleration is so bad. In the beta I played at 75% sensitivity and it was great. The same setting in the final game and it's comedy...

ziadoz

Neo Member

TheSeks

Input lag is never getting fixed, seriously.

Hey, I am Bad Company got fixed... three years later.

I'm sure they'll get around to it after implementing Photo Mode on consoles in BC2 and Battlerecorder in BF3.

Also Faceless: Got the Assault Patches/6 Grenade Kills finally in BC1. Key is to use the AN-94 or whatever assault rifle, damage an enemy with two bursts, quickly switch and pop them in the face.

Now to get Squad Heals. SMH.

olimpia84

Got three air ribbons in one match...maybe getting the medal won't be impossible, thanks faceless.

Also, got my second MCOM defender ribbon without even trying in Karkand. For some reason sometimes the Claymore kills give you an mcom defender bonus.

Xux

Getting these last five MCOM arms is so annoying; it's like I have to find the sweet spot between my team being shitty enough to get steamrolled (which is 90% of the time) and my team doing the steamrolling. Even games seem to be literally impossible in this series.

Physical Warfare Pack on Xbox Live Marketplace

Got three air ribbons in one match...maybe getting the medal won't be impossible, thanks faceless.

Also, got my second MCOM defender ribbon without even trying in Karkand. For some reason sometimes the Claymore kills give you an mcom defender bonus.

no problem, i love gunners that kill people. the best part was at the end when we flew in close to the upstairs M-COM and wasted those dudes who were disarming!

Tawpgun

Helicopters are OP as fuck right now. 2 people in communication with the pilot being decent and that thing is a pain in the ass.

Pilot AAAANNNNNDDDDD Gunner having flares? C'mon man.

Helicopters are becoming like mini-boss battles whenever they're up. Thank god for a team that has SOFLAMS and Javelins, otherwise those things would be indestructible.

played a few rounds of b2k karkand rush. it was actually fun. I had a pub squad that would follow my obj n I followed seks idea of taking B. everyone was so focused on taking A. the next match I died and then the scoreboard came up. my kit selection came up too. I am stuck in menu mode. grr. had to quit to play again. could not find that same squad anymore last nite. anyone else have this issue. happened to me a few times last nite.

still getting used to rush. switched mainly between engr n assault for defense n offense, respectively.

Helicopters are OP as fuck right now. 2 people in communication with the pilot being decent and that thing is a pain in the ass.

Helicopters are becoming like mini-boss battles whenever they're up. Thank god for a team that has SOFLAMS and Javelins, otherwise those things would be indestructible.

Hehehe

Kak.efes

Kharg and Wake island rush is pure destruction for helicopters, only an AA vehicle, and jet to stop you. I've gotten great at taking apart AA by circle strafing in their dead zone.

Dyno

Got the Aug with Holo sight and a grip - BAM - the kills start coming in. Had some fun playing SDM. I like running like crazy from the APV. I'm not having much luck killing dudes with the grenade launcher even though they're getting hit dead on. Vehicles on the other hand get really messed up by it, even armour.

Yeah my last match was the first time I had the most points on my team (we won also), and it was mainly due to me grabbing the gun on a heli while the pilot circled around flags and I blew up vehicles on their way in from the opponent spawn point.

There was also an awesome run where he descended down to a rooftop after we cleared a cap point, I hopped out, capped a flag from the roof, repaired an enemy tank I'd disabled, and jumped in that to defend for a while. I also got a bunch of points for spotting enemies from the heli. I love rocking that door-mounted machine gun. Get some!

Then again, I've tried to do the same thing against teams with people that can either pilot other helicopters or knew how to use anti-air stuff and things weren't so easy.

Got the Aug with Holo sight and a grip - BAM - the kills start coming in. Had some fun playing SDM. I like running like crazy from the APV. I'm not having much luck killing dudes with the grenade launcher even though they're getting hit dead on. Vehicles on the other hand get really messed up by it, even armour.
AUG? I wish it was in the game but it isn't :(

eek5

Input lag is never getting fixed, seriously. I have no faith in DICE; they are basically ignoring the issue.

I like how both tweets have unanswered questions about priority/progress of a potential input lag fix. The input lag is pretty much the only reason I stopped playing BF3. I'm away a lot of weekends during winter so it's annoying to have to deal with "adjustment periods" when I get back. Based off of their responses, I'm not too optimistic about them fixing it either. :(

Top Bottom