• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
96 vs 100 in BC1, faceless. So close to beating you. :p

Nearly had Strike in my grasp until some dude cut in line and got it and then randoms joined since the party fell apart. SMH. I NEARLY HAD THE HARDEST DAMN AWARD IN THE GAME. FUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

wc027.jpg

FUCK YOU DICE. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This + 20 Squad Spawns in a Single Life = Gotten. Now I just need 50 Boat Kills (stupid), 50 Headshots in a round (WTF) and like 52 kills BY MYSELF IN A ROUND and most of the hardest BC1 awards is gone. Then it's smooth sailing for the patches and the last few wildcards I have left. >_<

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fersis, get then from ebay! I usually pay about 55 bucks for a 50 card. They send the code in a couple hours, or on the next day on your e-mail! I use paypal to pay it.
I dont have a credit card and my debit card is not allowed to buy online stuff.
Ill wait until some importers gets more PSN Cards.

TheSeks

So you still can't play campaign in PS3, even after signing out of PSN.

It's tied to EA online. You can continue to play, but you have to overwrite your progress. Yes, it really is stupid.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
seriously some 1 on 1 encounters seem to be up to the connection or something

I wonder. People complained about hit detection in BC2, but I never really felt it... outside of like shotguns. I thought that was a bug.

In BF3 I feel like half my shots don't even register. I lose an alarming number of 1v1's and that shit never happened in BC2.

Part of it is controls... but I wonder if there's more to it.

sweet, m-com defender on 3rd B of Noshahr... prone camping, clipping thru the corner opposite of the m-com station, killed 4 people (all at separate times) trying to arm.

TheSeks

I ain't even mad... had the lowest number of players but SVD + Red-dot = killing fools. They were literally sitting next to each other trying to take out people and I was on a few stairs (and near a trash can) popping them with the SVD.

Red-dot or ACOG makes the semi-autos sort-of good, but getting them is a pain in the ass.

TheSeks

lol, my gunner just went 36-0 on kharg rush

Holy shit, that whole enemy team is negative KDR. :lol

Also Dave and I won like 2-3 more rounds without you. Oman was hilarious, I had to resort to mortaring to take the first set. After that I arm A last set two goddamn times. The first we could've taken if the idiot squad-mate I was with didn't run with the tank into out of bounds, reverse and trap me between the tank and crate with another idiot teammate in the tank that I bailed from to my death and disarm.

So what happens? Dave goes for B. I arm it. We somehow hold it off. Get up, get taken out. We're like 12 tickets left. Finally get my ass over to A again. Arm it a second time. 4 tickets left.

Somehow our idiot team held it together and took the crate but at that point I was like "Yeah, I'm done for now."

Holy shit, that whole enemy team is negative KDR. :lol

Also Dave and I won like 2-3 more rounds without you. Oman was hilarious, I had to resort to mortaring to take the first set. After that I arm A last set two goddamn times. The first we could've taken if the idiot squad-mate I was with didn't run with the tank into out of bounds, reverse and trap me between the tank and crate with another idiot teammate in the tank that I bailed from to my death and disarm.

So what happens? Dave goes for B. I arm it. We somehow hold it off. Get up, get taken out. We're like 12 tickets left. Finally get my ass over to A again. Arm it a second time. 4 tickets left.

Somehow our idiot team held it together and took the crate but at that point I was like "Yeah, I'm done for now."

yeah, i went to grab something to eat, took longer than i thought i would and then the game was full :(

and that last game i played, Bluediamonds was mortaring, and he killed me because he destroyed the building next to A, so i decide to counter mortar and i killed him SIX TIMES!!! the guy kept repsawning and setting up mortars!!! WTF??!?!?

TheSeks

yeah, i went to grab something to eat, took longer than i thought i would and then the game was full :(

and that last game i played, Bluediamonds was mortaring, and he killed me because he destroyed the building next to A, so i decide to counter mortar and i killed him SIX TIMES!!! the guy kept repsawning and setting up mortars!!! WTF??!?!?

Yeah, I got like 3-4 dudes after smoking/mortar smoke the crates for the team and just shelling it with the non-smoke. One dude counter-mortared me but didn't get credit for the kill (other than "KILLED"), so I kept moving around after like 2-3 shots and got close to the base since Dave and another dude couldn't stay alive near the base. Started to shell again, we take the base with no one killing me until I got off it to move up. Whoops? :lol

Oh, THAT round. I got a sniper ribbon off people with the SVD and Acogx4. Switched between classes in engineer/recon/medic merry-go-round to somehow get MVP3. I dunno how I did that, but cool. :lol

Arnie

Is the M-Com Defender Ribbon broken? Looking through my ribbons it appears, somehow, I haven't got it. That seems ridiculous to me. There's only two or three ribbons I need, and that's one of them.

Is the M-Com Defender Ribbon broken? Looking through my ribbons it appears, somehow, I haven't got it. That seems ridiculous to me. There's only two or three ribbons I need, and that's one of them.

you have to kill 4 people in a round *WHILE THEY ARE ARMING AN M-COM* to get that ribbon.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jesus christ. That sounds difficult. Well, not really if you're against a competent Attacking team. Guess I'll just watch the M-Com.

I got both of mine planting C4 on the M-COM. I could stay back at a safe distance while still watching the M-COM.

Arnie

I got both of mine planting C4 on the M-COM. I could stay back at a safe distance while still watching the M-COM.

That's a nifty idea. Could also set a bipod up from distance too. Should be easy enough as long as the enemy team actually attempts to plant the M-Com, which sometimes doesn't happen.

Was close to that ridiculous one man army achievement today. Got the jet kill, parachuted down and stole a tank, killed a couple of guys but my kit wasn't Assault so I was waiting for one to show but a pesky Support blew me up with C4. Was pissed. Oh well, should be easy enough if I actually spawn as an Assault next time.

Xux

Jesus christ. That sounds difficult. Well, not really if you're against a competent Attacking team. Guess I'll just watch the M-Com.
I got mine while being the only one near the last MCOM while on a team of total morons. Just gotta hope for the best, I guess. :lol

Tawpgun

So on a scale of 1 to spit ball how effective are AT rockets vs infantry? Because holy fuck are they inconsistent as well.

on HARDCORE mode I snuck up on someone, wanting to get my 50 AT rocket kills, proceeded to fire one right at his feet. Explosion epicenter must have been without a shred of exaggeration, 4 inches from his feet.

HITMARKER.

what.

TheSeks

So on a scale of 1 to spit ball how effective are AT rockets vs infantry? Because holy fuck are they inconsistent as well.

on HARDCORE mode I snuck up on someone, wanting to get my 50 AT rocket kills, proceeded to fire one right at his feet. Explosion epicenter must have been without a shred of exaggeration, 4 inches from his feet.

HITMARKER.

what.

Er-like they say in the loading screen: It has a minimum "arm-time"/range before it does maximum damage. If you snuck up that close to them, they aren't going to get OHKO'd by it.

Daigoro

Helicopters are OP as fuck right now. 2 people in communication with the pilot being decent and that thing is a pain in the ass.

Pilot AAAANNNNNDDDDD Gunner having flares? C'mon man.

Helicopters are becoming like mini-boss battles whenever they're up. Thank god for a team that has SOFLAMS and Javelins, otherwise those things would be indestructible.

CITV station makes choppers angry. i love that thing. even just sitting there and getting fuck all for points, its still a very rewarding feeling taking out choppers in one hit.

now that mines are worthless tank whoring LIVES in BF3. love it!

Colonel!

HITMARKER.

what.

body shots!

Be it the wins or be it the loss.
I hate you, offensive type player.

I hate you when you are too far from the objective, while I take on five guys and a tractor trailer.

I hate you when you're getting kills - only because I'm reluctantly getting up the mav to light up the 20 enemies around the objective.

I hate you when you're desperately running back to the objective, like an abusive husband who has seen the light on his long neglected spouse, only to waste the whole thing on one night of whoring passion known as "oh let me insert my knife into you".

I hate you when you spawn on me, because you have no finesse to not shoot at something and sneak by.

I hate you when you try to be defensive, because being defensive to you means sit back in a tank and kill stuff from afar.

-The defensive type soldier who had to take on 6 soldiers in a narrow hallway.

TheSeks

Be it the wins or be it the loss.
I hate you, offensive type player.

I hate you when you are too far from the objective, while I take on five guys and a tractor trailer.

I hate you when you're getting kills - only because I'm reluctantly getting up the mav to light up the 20 enemies around the objective.

I hate you when you're desperately running back to the objective, like an abusive husband who has seen the light on his long neglected spouse, only to waste the whole thing on one a night of whoring passion known as "oh let me insert my knife into you".

I hate you when you spawn on me, because you have no finesse to not shoot at something and sneak by.

I hate you when you try to be defensive, because being defensive to you means sit back in a tank and kill stuff from afar.

-The defensive type soldier who had to take on 6 soldiers in a narrow hallway.

:lol I want details. I went pretty aggressive today with Faceless' game and got smacked down by an enemy tank and jet combo.

Was nice to finally play with (and get killed by) some fellow gaffers after lurking for ages. Some pretty fun matches even though they were all pretty much all on infantry maps.

I really need to unlock the U Suck at Shooting…still have a long way to go.

Xux

Damn, why'd they make Rush so much more difficult for Attackers? My team couldn't do shit against two T90s and an Abrams.

Octacamo

Damn, why'd they make Rush so much more difficult for Attackers? My team couldn't do shit against two T90s and an Abrams.

when this happens with me.......... i will keep on Howling on Mic "everybody switch to engineers..." and will be doing that until everyone actually took it and blow the shit out of the tanks :p

Daigoro

when this happens with me.......... i will keep on Howling on Mic "everybody switch to engineers..." and will be doing that until everyone actually took it and blow the shit out of the tanks :p

shit, this post just reminded me about the Team chat feature.

i tried to use it exactly once and didnt hear anyone talking or responding, so i switched back to Squad chat and havent tried it since.

its a nice idea, but if no one ever uses it, its kind of pointless.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 Claus gifted me Back To Karkand!!! WOOOOO!!!!

See you tonight folks!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Quick question for the PS3 version: if I buy DLC (I don't have a LE key) on my UK account can I use it also on another account on the *same console*?

:lol I want details. I went pretty aggressive today with Faceless' game and got smacked down by an enemy tank and jet combo.

Blob of text:
It was games with Ejas, faceless, kuri, evolved, etc.

I joined half way on their wake island game, watching a bunch of idiots not advancing cause they're too tank occupied/scared. Sneaked around, C4 flanked, took out 3 tanks so the team would freaking move. Got MVP even though I joined half way *sigh*

Metro defense, all the randoms decided it was smart for them to move to the front lines, repeatedly. You can just tell they were all doing so since the death icons were popping up miles away from the objective. Even when we got pushed backed onto the last set, I see everyone running toward the subway while I'm the only one running toward B. Got to B, what do I see? 4 enemies. Take out 2, spot spot spot. Sure I'll get killed by the other 2, but maybe the team will get the message right? Nope. Still out and about on the "front lines". M-com gets armed and finally all the little blue icons come disarm (barely). Oh wait, don't leave yet, there's still 4-5 enemies moving in! Nope, they all run back to the front cause they can't read maps. Ok, so you're stupid - fine i'll pull up the MAV and light up the place for you. Team finally does a bit better...except oh wait, 2 people moving into the m-com + arming while rest of team are still preoccupied with who knows what. Ok, so I ditch the mav right next to the m-com and run into kill and disarm...failed. Oh but wait, 2 guys are running in, they'll disarm right? Nope. One died and the other wasted time to perform the long knifing animation next to the m-com. We eventually won, but it sucked.

Metro Offense, since evolved left and faceless' squad was full I joined the MVP random's squad - A.k.a. super scrub squad. Everyone on the squad was running engineer + USAS. So fine, I'll be the helpful recon. Got through the first 2 sets okay. Got to 3, a little tough..ok, np. I sneak through, plant a beacon and wait for the squad to spawn in. Coast was clear and it's going to be an easy m-com arm, right? Nope. scrubs spawn in and decided the first thing he'll do is to shoot at an enemy running away from the objective. Super loud USAS-frag informed everyone where we were. Death. Fine, I'll just try to flank by myself. Got around, beacon down, saw scrubs getting suppressed by 4 enemy supports in B's narrow hallway. Bam - mow the enemies all down with my m249, rambo style. Let's do this! Nope, got shot from behind. Scrubs armed but couldn't defend it at all. Eventually lost.

Bazaar Defense. Fine, let's do this again. Got autobalanced against faceless, ejas, etc. However, it can't be that bad right? Beacon and t-ugs down in B. We'll hold it down, right guys? guys? dudes? where are you guys? Why are you all outside? when 4 people are coming through the door? Base lost, base lost. Third set, enemy armed B so I got across from A and cleared them out. Come on team, coast is clear for you to disarm! Oh wait, 2 of you are all the way at 2nd set, and Mr. former mvp is running around in the furthest place of nowhere. I started laughing when I saw the idiots turn around rushing back to the m-com on my deathcam- I quit for the night.

^^^^^^^^

that reminds me... i need to clock the respawn time on the Tunguska on Wake Rush.

i swear i waited like 3 minutes for it to spawn on the 3rd base so i could steal it!

up until that point in the game i was 1 and 4 despite arming and defending both m-coms (not at the same time) on the 2nd set. killed 1 guy, got assists on the rest, haha...

then i walked the long way around the left and helped take out the AA and waited for it to respawn. finally, it appears, i grab is and then rain down the pain train on people trying to defuse B, then kill a bunch of people at A. game over!

and those Metro games... wow... i can't believe we won on defense.

^^^^^^^^

and those Metro games... wow... i can't believe we won on defense.

Honestly, I think we would have lost if I didn't pull out the freaking MAV and parked it. People were just freaking blind or something (hey, 3 guys in that bus in front of the objectives!) The m-com got armed like what? 4-5 times? There were instances that it got armed like within minutes of the last disarm.

Freaking sad that DICE didn't use the same m-com defender rules like BC2. I would be swimming in points by now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XG4jY9MCYk

Honestly, I think we would have lost if I didn't pull out the freaking MAV and parked it. People were just freaking blind or something (hey, 3 guys in that bus in front of the objectives!) The m-com got armed like what? 4-5 times? There were instances that it got armed like within minutes of the last disarm.

Freaking sad that DICE didn't use the same m-com defender rules like BC2. I would be swimming in points by now.

there was this one time where it got disarmed and i killed 2 dudes with my .. was i using the Saiga or USAS? either way, 2nd dude and i killed each other, i see him get revived in the killcam, i get revived, i just start firing as i'm getting up and kill him and the medic and then 3 more people come around the corner and i'm like "this is madness! please make it stop!"

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Zh1nt0 Claus gifted me Back To Karkand!!! WOOOOO!!!!

See you tonight folks!

Should change his name to santa claus...

Edit: Hey dream, sorry for bailing on you guys last night, but you didn't get on until pretty late and I'd had a pretty awful day with this game yesterday. Some Murphy's Law shit.

By the time you jumped on I was not feeling battlefield at all... and of course that's when Metro pops up. Honestly, last night I could have thrown my PS3 in the lake. Just not a good day. Lost almost every game. Neg k/d for most of them. So many cheesy deaths. :(

Jas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XG4jY9MCYk

there was this one time where it got disarmed and i killed 2 dudes with my .. was i using the Saiga or USAS? either way, 2nd dude and i killed each other, i see him get revived in the killcam, i get revived, i just start firing as i'm getting up and kill him and the medic and then 3 more people come around the corner and i'm like "this is madness! please make it stop!"

Yeah, you could never a take a breath.
Towards the end of that round I remember 4 guys popping up just left of the m-com and a second later 4 more guys just right of the m-com.
Whoever played assault did a good job keeping people up around the m-com (Blue?) I didn't notice because once I got revived I was in the middle of a gun fight, haha.
You and him saved my butt a couple of times on disarms :)

Top Bottom