• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

YES!
Thanks! I plan on playing with my Italian account but I've only got funds in my UK one, this is an awesome news because I heard there was a chance you could do that only with a LE key.
Again, thanks!

WOAH STOP.

If you were to purchase the DLC from the UK store on "UK Account 1" and then use it on "UK Account 2", that would work.

However, it would not work if you got the DLC from the UK store and try to use it with "IT Account 3". DLCs are region locked.

The squad management is soo laughably bad in BF3. Doing the SQDM assignment only make it that much more blatantly abysmal.

Squadded up with 3 of my friends join a server with only 6 players and it still splits us up and there's still a completely empty squad..smh WTF DICE. :/

And what's up with players being allowed to clip half way through walls when prone? Was this deliberate or is it a bug?

WOAH STOP.

If you were to purchase the DLC from the UK store on "UK Account 1" and then use it on "UK Account 2", that would work.

However, it would not work if you got the DLC from the UK store and try to use it with "IT Account 3". DLCs are region locked.

as long as the DLC works with the disk, it will work on any account on the console!

The squad management is soo laughably bad in BF3. Doing the SQDM assignment only make it that much more blatantly abysmal.

Squadded up with 3 of my friends join a server with only 6 players and it still splits us up and there's still a completely empty squad..smh WTF DICE. :/

And what's up with players being allowed to clip half way through walls when prone? Was this deliberate or is it a bug?

well, at least in Squad DM you can just switch until you're all on the same team!

CrankyJay

Banned
Just curious, what's everyone's longest sniper rifle headshot? I haven't had a ton of time to play around with a bipodded non-muzzled rifle, but I got 620meters, and another clan mate got 702. I'm sure can go further.

Did this on Kharg Island conquest from the aircraft carrier.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Downloading B2K ... * Does happy dance *

JJD

YES!
Thanks! I plan on playing with my Italian account but I've only got funds in my UK one, this is an awesome news because I heard there was a chance you could do that only with a LE key.
Again, thanks!

Just be sure that your BF3 game is from UK. If it isn't don't buy B2K on the UK PSN, buy it from the same region as your game is!

I can't stress this enough, I forgot about this and a couple month ago I bought the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex on my main account (US), but my game was from the UK and didn't recognize the DLC. 15 bucks wasted.

If your game is from the UK you can buy B2K from the UK store and play both on any account, from any region on your console.

Also, congratulations Fersis!

Just curious, what's everyone's longest sniper rifle headshot? I haven't had a ton of time to play around with a bipodded non-muzzled rifle, but I got 620meters, and another clan mate got 702. I'm sure can go further.

Longest headshot:

PC - 3.978,2 meters
PS3 - 2.832,8 meters
360 - 2.696.99 meters

You're still a couple kilometers behind my friend! ;-)

CrankyJay

Banned
Just be sure that your BF3 game is from UK. If it isn't don't buy B2K on the UK PSN, buy it from the same region as your game is!

I can't stress this enough, I forgot about this and a couple month ago I bought the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex on my main account (US), but my game was from the UK and didn't recognize the DLC. 15 bucks wasted.

If your game is from the UK you can buy B2K from the UK store and play both on any account, from any region on your console.

Also, congratulations Fersis!

Longest headshot:

PC - 3.978,2 meters
PS3 - 2.832,8 meters
360 - 2.696.99 meters

Those have to be set up on a server between friends.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone else getting a ton of freezes? Two or three times today the game locked up my PS3 while I was piloting a tank, and then a little while ago I was playing with meppi and got a freeze when some guy was hitting me with USAS+frag...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone else getting a ton of freezes? Two or three times today the game locked up my PS3 while I was piloting a tank, and then a little while ago I was playing with meppi and got a freeze when some guy was hitting me with USAS+frag...

I've had it happen randomly to me there isn't a known "freeze point" like there is in BC2 (White Pass, house near B last set...) at times. The bright side is: It happens way less often than it did in BC1/2/Frostbite 1. So DICE did seem to fix it majorly.

And speaking of Bad Company 1: Oh Faceless... 101 vs your 100 awards. *tee-hee* I'm nearly there. 19 more awards to go and they're mostly patches/wild cards. >_<

Evolved1

I've had it happen randomly to me there isn't a known "freeze point" like there is in BC2 (White Pass, house near B last set...) at times. The bright side is: It happens way less often than it did in BC1/2/Frostbite 1. So DICE did seem to fix it majorly.

And speaking of Bad Company 1: Oh Faceless... 101 vs your 100 awards. *tee-hee* I'm nearly there. 19 more awards to go and they're mostly patches/wild cards. >_<

Are you having fun with BC1? I was thinking about digging up a copy... but I wondered if the game wouldn't be as good as I remember.

TheSeks

Are you having fun with BC1? I was thinking about digging up a copy... but I wondered if the game wouldn't be as good as I remember.

Going back to it is a bit clunky. Other then random damage + insane reward requirements (unless you set out to boost which is what I'm doing. Other than I AM BAD COMPANY, I only have 10K2 kills to get the Platinum left) it's still decent. The conquest is good and tolerable to me because there's *gasp* five flags and caps for team bases! But Rush is still decent if a little cheap with crate damage and all that.

It's no BC2/BF3... So if you're very used to those you're probably not going to like coming back to it. But it's good to see some of the improvements (noteable: Attackers can't just rush into mordor after taking a base instantly in BC2/BF3 but can in BC1) DICE made in BC2/BF3.

Jas

I've been getting freezes for the past couple of days, only happened once tonight but had 3 or 4 yesterday. :(

Evolved1

So today we were playing Caspian rush... server balance had kicked a few of us over to the other team, opposite gaf, after the previous win.

So it's like four reg gaffers + two randoms on defense vs a pretty full gaf attack. Olimpia, JJ, Faceless, etc. are hitting us pretty hard on the first set. Using the tanks well, so we're getting pushed back.

They take both crates. Now, we have less players, and kind of got rolled on the first set because they were strong in the vehicles. I'd just died trying to disarm a crate. I have to spawn way back at the next base. And all my other gaf squadmates are in the same situation.

I look at the minimap and see attack gaf has both tanks up... but we have two unmanned tanks sitting at the first base. I'm like holy shit. We need one of those heavies or we're fucked.

Fortunately, there are two smurfs still alive at the first set. And one of them is right next to the tank. Obviously you get into the tank and retreat back to us, help us regroup.

NOPE!

Lets set up a mortar!!!!

What a fucking retard. It's a good thing you can't kill people through the internet because I'd be up on murder charges. This asshole gets run over by the attacking tanks. And they take ours! So we get our dicks pounded by three tanks on the next set. And for a while after.

There isn't even a word in the english language to convey the amount of stupid on display there.

TheSeks

Your problem was sticking around with Faceless on the other team, bro. I leave when GAF gets split up and I'm in the losing minority. Because I know there is no way in hell I'm going to carry them with Faceless, Olimpia and a few others on the other team. :lol

Evolved1

Your problem was sticking around with Faceless on the other team, bro. I leave when GAF gets split up and I'm in the losing minority. Because I know there is no way in hell I'm going to carry them with Faceless, Olimpia and a few others on the other team. :lol

Actually later I purposefully switched teams to help a lone, unbalanced gaffer on D.Peak.

We almost took the first set!

But the next map was metro... and no way I'm playing that crap.

JJD

I look at the minimap and see attack gaf has both tanks up... but we have two unmanned tanks sitting at the first base. I'm like holy shit. We need one of those heavies or we're fucked.

Fortunately, there are two smurfs still alive at the first set. And one of them is right next to the tank. Obviously you get into the tank and retreat back to us, help us regroup.

NOPE!

Lets set up a mortar!!!!

What a fucking retard. It's a good thing you can't kill people through the internet because I'd be up on murder charges. This asshole gets run over by the attacking tanks. And they take ours! So we get our dicks pounded by three tanks on the next set. And for a while after.

There isn't even a word in the english language to convey the amount of stupid on display there.

Man, I'm cracking up here!

I was the one that killed him and stole the tank! I was gunning for Faceless or Olimpia (don't really remember) and as we were proceeding to your base we just noticed a dude firing mortars God knows where right next to us! I couldn't believe he wasn't seeing two huge tanks, one just ahead of him, and another one behind him empty!

If I'm not mistaken on the next set defenders only had one tank and as I were riding in yours you guys didn't have one while we had 3! Talk about screwing his own team!

Actually later I purposefully switched teams to help a lone, unbalanced gaffer on D.Peak.

We almost took the first set!

But the next map was metro... and no way I'm playing that crap.

The end of that Damavand Peak game was epic! I saw 5 or 6 guys rushing for the last mcom and thought we were screwed! If we lost that mcom we would certainly lose the game since you guys had the players advantage by that time! I managed to kill the last attacker defending the mcom while a new gaffer (don't remember his name) disarmed amid heavy sniper fire! I just stood up in front of him trying to block the bullets while he disarmed!

Then a little while later I got the last kill of the game just as the attacker was arming the last mcom!

olimpia84

Was faceless playing in our team? I thought it was just Blue, you and myself against Evolved, dan, ejas and Dave.

I thought it was going to be a lot harder but the randoms in the other team sucked really bad so it ended up being a fairly easy win.

Milly79

Mine was on Op. Firestorm. 910, mountain to mountain. m98 with 12x, straight pull bolt. Idk how they get them that long. I'm not even sure what map that would be possible on.

JJD

Was faceless playing in our team? I thought it was just Blue, you and myself against Evolved, dan, ejas and Dave.

I thought it was going to be a lot harder but the randoms in the other team sucked really bad so it ended up being a fairly easy win.

Yeah, he joined us, and kept playing after you left! I think he still playing right now lol...

Sorry for sucking on those first games guys, I haven't played the game almost for a week and I'm rusty! I was specially shitty on that epic Tehran defense game...

Mine was on Op. Firestorm. 910, mountain to mountain. m98 with 12x, straight pull bolt. Idk how they get them that long. I'm not even sure what map that would be possible on.

They probably do this playing rush on vehicle maps, camping on the very first attacker spawn and sniping dudes on the last set of mcoms.

Milly79

Yeah, he joined us, and kept playing after you left! I think he still playing right now lol...

Sorry for sucking on those first games guys, I haven't played the game almost for a week and I'm rusty! I was specially shitty on that epic Tehran defense game...

They probably do this playing rush on vehicle maps, camping on the very first attacker spawn and sniping dudes on the last set of mcoms.

I don't see how... None of the regular maps would support that far. Kharg, MAYBE but you wouldn't be able to see top of a/b at the warehouse from the boat. Op. Firestorm is a no. 1k+ yes. Caspain? Eh. Not sure, never tried that. B2K maps, idk. Haven't fooled around much. None of the other maps are big enough afaik.

Evolved1

You guys are good... and it was pretty hard to deal with 3 tanks. Just a little too much armor. I wasn't even an engineer at the base switch, so not much help to the team until I died.

Good game. You guys pounded us.

Xux

Longest headshot:

PC - 3.978,2 meters
PS3 - 2.832,8 meters
360 - 2.696.99 meters

Wonder how they did that PC one since M98B bullets disappear after 3250 meters. Maybe it only takes into account horizontal distance until it vaporizes.

The end of that Damavand Peak game was epic! I saw 5 or 6 guys rushing for the last mcom and thought we were screwed! If we lost that mcom we would certainly lose the game since you guys had the players advantage by that time! I managed to kill the last attacker defending the mcom while a new gaffer (don't remember his name) disarmed amid heavy sniper fire! I just stood up in front of him trying to block the bullets while he disarmed!

That was probably me, I was mostly playing as Assault Recon with the DAO as I can't aim worth a shit. Funny thing is when we're attacking I keep getting revived, which makes me extra useless after we've taken a set as I've already dropped my TUGGS/beacon. Suppose I should just kill myself when we wait around for the next set to open.

olimpia84

Wait a fucking second...defenders don't get tanks in the last set at Caspian Border? From what I remember we get two tanks and they NEVER spawned in that round we lost. Maybe I'm just crazy but I think we were victims of a glitch that costs us that long ass game.

Evolved1

Wait a fucking second...defenders don't get tanks in the last set at Caspian Border? From what I remember we get two tanks and they NEVER spawned in that round we lost. Maybe I'm just crazy but I think we were victims of a glitch that costs us that long ass game.

We didn't get any tanks on that earlier Caspian game that split gaf.

olimpia84

We didn't get any tanks on that earlier Caspian game that split gaf.

Definitely a glitch then. I refuse to believe the defenders are left with nothing but a jet for that last set.

Oh, and that LDGE clan that was playing with us was fucking horrible and completely useless; another major reason we lost that round.

JJD

Man that Caspian game left me salty as hell...

We lost the last set by 8 tickets...the one before that by 1!!!

Besides gaffers the rest of the team did nothing...

And now I finally know how jets can be useful. That fire guy raped our tanks (when we had then!) over and over again.

Evolved1

And now I finally know how jets can be useful. That fire guy raped our tanks (when we had then!) over and over again.

Jets are completely OP (worse than helicopters in BC2) when you have a competent pilot.

Really wish they weren't in the game.

JJD

Jets are completely OP (worse than helicopters in BC2) when you have a competent pilot.

Really wish they weren't in the game.

Now I know that...

I even tried to take it down with the igla/stinger...

It was completely useless. I could get a lock on him, but he would just evade the rockets. He wasn't even using flares. I was soooooo pissed.

Also I fucking hate that you're allowed to fix a transport chopper like BC2. On that canals game I hit a chopper with 6, 7 rockets and it didn't go down. Only when another teammate started using rockets too we managed to shoot it down. At least we won that game.

On another topic here's a video of a 1.280 meters headshot. I couldn't even see the guy the sniper took down. I wonder how people score those 2 KM plus headshots.

Here's another cool one! Just a little over 1KM, but the guy made it look so easy that I have to post it. He took the shot from the top of the antenna on Caspian. The enemy was on the last base of the map.

Edit: This last video is edited! The guy lands on the antenna with 60 bullets, then we he scopes for the kill he has only 18 bullets! He took 42 shots to score that kill...

Snipers...lol!

Edit 2: So it seems like there is some kind of EOD glitch that somehow lets you score those 2KM plus headshots. This video is in french, but it shows how to do it.

TheSeks

102/120 awards. Nearly there, SMH at having randoms join instead of me being able to speed through the awards (still need 50 boat roadkills. WTF was DICE smoking when making BC1?!) to finish it up and then I can half-pay-attention/kill to 10K2 to BC1 and BF3.

JJD

102/120 awards. Nearly there, SMH at having randoms join instead of me being able to speed through the awards (still need 50 boat roadkills. WTF was DICE smoking when making BC1?!) to finish it up and then I can half-pay-attention/kill to 10K2 to BC1 and BF3.

50 boat...ROADKILLS??? WTF!

Jesus Christ Seks, why you're wasting time with that?

Now I know that...

I even tried to take it down with the igla/stinger...

It was completely useless. I could get a lock on him, but he would just evade the rockets. He wasn't even using flares. I was soooooo pissed.

Also I fucking hate that you're allowed to fix a transport chopper like BC2. On that canals game I hit a chopper with 6, 7 rockets and it didn't go down. Only when another teammate started using rockets too we managed to shoot it down. At least we won that game.

Yeah you can keep a chopper up for quite a while if you have good engineer up there. I can't aim for shit on the chopper guns so if I see someone in my squad in a chopper i'll spawn on them as engineer and usually just ride as a passenger and keep fixing it every time/right before it takes damage. I've had idiot pilots who slam into buildings or the ground and I've managed to keep the birds in one piece. I have to keep yelling at the pilots not to freak out and bail on me when they take a few hits.

Here's another cool one! Just a little over 1KM, but the guy made it look so easy that I have to post it. He took the shot from the top of the antenna on Caspian. The enemy was on the last base of the map.

This video made me realise how much I miss the classic Battlefield-theme in this game. Especially this dumb "song" that plays while loading Damavand Peak in the MP sucks hard.

bitoriginal

Anyone getting the black screen of annoyance when joining a game on the 360? So fuckin' annoying, gotta exit to dash when it occurs.

Get two people in squad, convince friends to leave other game, but only after waiting 4-5 minutes, finally get everyone in squad, wait even longer as the squad leader is checking his ribbons/medals, finally join game, black fucking screen. Reboot, repeat.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
WOAH STOP.

I believe they're region locked (also not every DLC is like that iirc) but not Country locked? Can anyone here clarify this, maybe JJD/The Faceless Master?

UK/EU/AUS are all in the same region (PAL). Different thing is buying a UK (PAL) DLC and trying to play it with a US (NTSC-NA) disc.

My disc is UK (PAL), I'd buy the DLC on UK store but play it on an italian PSN ID (same console). Safe/not safe?

Saiyu

Yeah I saw that. A few of us tried spawning in the jet at the beginning and I was pissed someone else got it. Then I saw his numbers and I was like "Carry on...."

I love flying in Caspian Rush since you can be pretty much invisible if you can gain control of the opposing jets spawn.

Can't believe we won that since 3 of us were on that antenna with bolt actions for pretty much all the round.

I believe they're region locked (also not every DLC is like that iirc) but not Country locked? Can anyone here clarify this, maybe JJD/The Faceless Master?

UK/EU/AUS are all in the same region (PAL). Different thing is buying a UK (PAL) DLC and trying to play it with a US (NTSC-NA) disc.

My disc is UK (PAL), I'd buy the DLC on UK store but play it on an italian PSN ID (same console). Safe/not safe?

as long as the disk/dlc are a match, any profile on an authorized console can use it.

TheSeks

50 boat...ROADKILLS??? WTF!

Jesus Christ Seks, why you're wasting time with that?

Because I'm nearly done and can get the last trophy (that is boat related) and patches (that are boat related) in one fell swoop in addition to getting "52 kills in a round/match" done by getting two more kills. That then leaves helicopters, killing five tanks in a round, and avenger/savior trophies to finish my BC1 awards. >_<

Evolved1

FYI for the PS3 crowd:

You might already know this, but I didn't figure it out until yesterday... if you get separated by auto-balance, the best way to get back with your friends is to join session through your XMB friends list.

Switching teams through options will dick you over almost every time. But you can always switch sides through the XMB.

Same function as in BC2 but for some reason it's buried in the XMB instead of in the squad menu.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The B2K maps are damn awesome. Much more dense than vanilla's maps.

Another FYI:

If you use frag rounds and an auto shotgun... you're a scrub.

Truth hurts.

Everything DICE added to this game is terrible. They didn't do anything right.

Flashlights, laser dazzle, frag rounds, conquest assault, metro, vanilla rush, jets, the most obnoxious unlock system in the history of video games, input lag, less destruction, asymmetrical vehicle balance, invulnerable AA turrets, drive ten miles across water insertions, analog acceleration, INRV, self repairing vehicles, constantly broken VOIP, copilot countermeasures, claymores (another scrub weapon), etc...

Half the maps suck dick. DICE used to be one of my favorite devs.

yet you continue to play? Seems they did something right.

Evolved1

yet you continue to play? Seems they did something right.

Haha you caught my whiny post before I edited.

I play because this is what my gaf bros are playing. If everyone went to a different game, that's where I'd be too.

Rough morning today. Seems like every game is infected with the USASfrag in CQB maps... and so many freezes.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I'm kinda disappointed there is no patch before Christmas. It's a bit sucky to leave the game with broken VOIP and input lag over the holiday period, but hey they beat COD to launch!

Top Bottom