• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Jas

I'm kinda disappointed there is no patch before Christmas. It's a bit sucky to leave the game with broken VOIP and input lag over the holiday period, but hey they beat COD to launch!

Agreed, the squad system is still messed up too.
Try to join a server the other day with a 4 man squad, 2 got put on 1 team, 1 got put on the other team, and the 4th guy didn't even make it into the server even tho there were spots open.

I have a bunch of 1000+ hour guys from BC2 on my friend's list and the majority of them are not playing the game because of these problems.

Haha you caught my whiny post before I edited.

I play because this is what my gaf bros are playing. If everyone went to a different game, that's where I'd be too.

Rough morning today. Seems like every game is infected with the USASfrag in CQB maps... and so many freezes.

lets go boost in BC1 with Seks

Anyone know what map the BTR is on? It seems like all I'm finding is the LAV.
Gulf of Oman - Conquest (4 Flags)
NOT THE 3 FLAG CONQUEST ASSAULT

one spawns at the Russian base and one spawns at [D].

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
getting rammed by jets seems to be my new #1 cause of death when flying a chopper...

They fly away and you drop like a stone.

I won't touch an attack chopper anymore. Between getting checked by jets and never having a gunner with flares, it's become more frustrating than fun.

Too bad, because I love the feel of flying the choppers in BF3.

Kak.efes

PKP is impressive, but not nearly as great as some of you led to believe. The recoil on that thing is stupid.

Also, I went 68-0 as a helicopter gunner on Kharg rush. That's a new personal best for me, and I'll probably never top it. Got a lot of hate mail that round.

Evolved1

PKP is impressive, but not nearly as great as some of you led to believe. The recoil on that thing is stupid.

Also, I went 68-0 as a helicopter gunner on Kharg rush. That's a new personal best for me, and I'll probably never top it. Got a lot of hate mail that round.

You had countermeasures I assume? Were you actually communicating with your pilot, or did you guys just work out an intuitive, ad hoc strategy?

Kak.efes

You had countermeasures I assume? Were you actually communicating with your pilot, or did you guys just work out an intuitive, ad hoc strategy?

Random pilot, he was great at flying low, and evading behind buildings/hills. He clued in on the fact that I was using my flares about midway through the match, and only after he used his, and while his were on a cool down. We reached an understanding without having to utter a word to each other.

Evolved1

Random pilot, he was great at flying low, and evading behind buildings/hills. He clued in on the fact that I was using my flares about midway through the match, and only after he used his, and while his were on a cool down. We reached an understanding without having to utter a word to each other.

Copilots like you are pretty rare... I've had maybe one or two in all my flying that ever used a damn flare.

One game my gunner had 25+ kills and we were dominating until being body-checked by some douche in a jet.

That was the last time I ever had a good copilot.

Kak.efes

Copilots like you are pretty rare... I've had maybe one or two in all my flying that ever used a damn flare.

One game my gunner had 25+ kills and we were dominating until being body-checked by some douche in a jet.

That was the last time I ever had a good copilot.

The helicopter is the only reason I'm still playing BF3. I'll add you, we'll rock shit.

final ... B? (Warehouse) on Karkand

i jet across the water and into the warehouse in the LAV with a random gunner, arm, plant a T-UGS and reverse a bit.

we sit there... 2 guys come from the middle, i kill 1, he kills the other... 4 enemies come behind us... a tank comes from the middle... we sit there, the tank shoots us... we sit there... the tank shoots us again... we just keep sitting there, aiming at the M-COM, the tank shoots us again, but it's too late, M-COM DESTROYED

all the while, the 4 guys who came in behind us JUST STAYED BEHIND US AND DID NOTHING TO OUR LAV OR TRIED TO DISARM THE M-COM

even when they're on the other team, i swear... randoms

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I am not surprised.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cleared out a B2K server with JM, Evolved, and Dan.

That's why you don't bail on your vehicles, dudes. *yoink, ragequits*

-Silver-

Came across this a few days ago on Reddit, apparently whichever direction you are looking at while you're in a tank is the side you'll jump out of. So if you're the gunner and your tank is losing a battle, all you have to do is turn towards a safe side, jump out and repair.

Note: If I join your battles in the next few days or so and I play bad it's because of two reasons: 1) If I don't play BF for a few days then it takes me time to get into the flow again 2) I'm home for Christmas which means I'll be playing on my 32" instead of 22" back in my halls. What I'm trying to say is that because the controls for BF3 is one of the few things you'll never be proud of, it'll take me a pretty long time to get used to it on a bigger screen.

BoatAck

Came across this a few days ago on Reddit, apparently whichever direction you are looking at while you're in a tank is the said you'll jump out of. So if you're the gunner and your tank is losing a battle, all you have to do is turn towards a safe side, jump out and repair.

Ahh, I see. I won't be on until Monday, I'll have to try that. That would piss me off to no end that I would always exit a vehicle on the side all the fucking heat was coming from.

TheSeks

LMAO. Got a 240% accuracy rating in BC1 on Acta Non Verba Conquest. Crazy.

I should've taken a photo of me and my team taking the enemies last base where they were all holed up in the building. Bunch of rednames in there. Was funny.

TheSeks

Seriously: I don't know why people bail on the vehicles. It's pretty much a "please take me and fuck me in the ass, enemy team!" beacon.

Also just had a hilariously AWFUL double-helicopter fuck in BC1 on that Harvest Day/Helicopter-enabled-ish map. Forgetting the name, but their team came to our base, took our helicopter. Second set they get their helicopter and then proceed to circle strafe to try to bleed us while a few of us escape. Get to the last set and it's nothing but cheese from them. So stupid.

What I get for matchmaking on "Hard," I guess.

LMAO on that Damavand Peak Defense match. Their last ditch kamikaze effort to drive a jeep full of c4 failed miserably. Saw the jeep coming down towards us and decided to just shoot my shotgun at it hoping maybe to get a suppression kill and the damn thing lights up like a firecracker.

Evolved1

Good games guys... did we ever lose?

LMAO on that Damavand Peak Defense match. Their last ditch kamikaze effort to drive a jeep full of c4 failed miserably. Saw the jeep coming down towards us and decided to just shoot my shotgun at it hoping maybe to get a suppression kill and the damn thing lights up like a firecracker.

Next time I see you alone I'll join you... we were having a lot of success the way things were, so I figured it wouldn't be too frustrating for you. But I felt bad you were stuck with smurfs all night.

But hey... better than being on the other team!

Highlight of the night: discovering the P90 0_o

Also piloting the little bird and the other transport chopper on Canals. Super fun. Faceless stole their AA Tank and then I was just able to go to town with the LB.

Low point of the night: I accidentally stole the AC from faceless on Kharg and then proceeded to fly it like a moron! Ugh. Had an audience and totally blew it. Runner up would be Kuri diving our transport chopper full of people into the pavement on Caspian lol. (good job otherwise though)

Next time I see you alone I'll join you... we were having a lot of success the way things were, so I figured it wouldn't be too frustrating for you. But I felt bad you were stuck with smurfs all night.

Hey no prob, it was still fun, although some of those smurfs insisted on sniping so spawning off them was useless. Were you guys able to hear me at all? I set my VOIP to team instead of squad when I started playing, but didn't bother to check to see if that resets after each match or not.

The only time I think it was really a problem was when I got stuck driving a transport vehicle and not knowing where exactly I should go with it. Poor Ejas was stuck with me in that slow as molasses AMTRAC as I bumbled around trying to find a good place for it. Funny thing is nobody managed to take it down, I was in that thing either as the driver or gunner from one end of the map to the other.

My personal lowlight of the night was defense on the first set on Firestorm. I had a soflam set up on the pipes to designate all the incoming tanks/jeeps (does anyone pack Javelins?), but I was physically prone in that little tight space behind A. All of the sudden I heard A is set and I freak out since I'm right behind it. I mash circle trying to get out of my soflam and accidentally go back into it! By the time I get out again I've got a guy shooting me in the face.

"look at that jeep go"

*boom*

"damn, that's a multi kill!"

Highlight of the night: discovering the P90 0_o

Also piloting the little bird and the other transport chopper on Canals. Super fun. Faceless stole their AA Tank and then I was just able to go to town with the LB.

Low point of the night: I accidentally stole the AC from faceless on Kharg and then proceeded to fly it like a moron! Ugh. Had an audience and totally blew it. Runner up would be Kuri diving our transport chopper full of people into the pavement on Caspian lol. (good job otherwise though)

seriously, that time, i wouldn't even call it stealing... they abandoned it right on the road in front of 2nd A, it was like re-gifting or something...

and i still can't believe on Kharg that (1) that guy shot me out of the pilot's seat and (2) the chopper survived!
I POPPED FLARES!!!!

Jas

Hey no prob, it was still fun, although some of those smurfs insisted on sniping so spawning off them was useless. Were you guys able to hear me at all? I set my VOIP to team instead of squad when I started playing, but didn't bother to check to see if that resets after each match or not.

The only time I think it was really a problem was when I got stuck driving a transport vehicle and not knowing where exactly I should go with it. Poor Ejas was stuck with me in that slow as molasses AMTRAC as I bumbled around trying to find a good place for it. Funny thing is nobody managed to take it down, I was in that thing either as the driver or gunner from one end of the map to the other.

You were great...drive up to m-com, set m-com, get m-com :)
I just wasn't sure if you wanted to set it or gun.
As far as VOIP I didn't hear you, I actually didn't hear anyone the last couple rounds of the night.

Good games guys, gave me a chance to play with a few new things.

UFRA

Learning the beauty of using that javelin. Why anybody fucks with RPGs trying to go up against vehicles, I dunno.

I'm not impressed with it...

So, normally with an RPG - I peek out from a corner, quickly line up my shot, fire, and go back to cover. The whole process is like 4 seconds.

With the Javelin - I peek out from a corner, line up the target, wait X number of seconds to lock on as I'm a sitting duck, then fire, and go back to cover. Oh wait, the vehicle was on a hill, and so the Javelin just went straight for it and hit the base of the hill instead of going up. Nice. (this happened yesterday on Wake Island for me).

Then, when you do get a direct hit, it doesn't even do that much damage to justify risking myself waiting for lock-on.

Unless I'm missing something and you can make it do those top strikes ALWAYS instead of direct mode all the time, I don't like it. I know I got a top strike once when a tank was like 20 meters from me, but that was the only time I saw it do that...

Mostly a Recon player here.

I'm really at a bit of a loss regarding what might be considered some of the better sniper rifles I should be using.

I prefer semi-auto over the bolt action but should I be assuming that the bolt action rifles do more damage per round than the semi-auto rifles?

I have the new chinese one...the QBU-88? I might just be getting more muderous and skilled at the game (doubtful) but I am definitely racking up more kills with it, than with previous rifles.

I go to the B3 wiki but it's not exactly informative. I'm just wondering if you guys know off the top of your head what is considered "good weapons"...or...if there is a website that actually has some good information regarding damage, recoil, situation examples, etc...

Or...are all of the weapons sortof...samey and it just comes down to individual taste? I have to admit that before I got the QBU-88...everything felt kinda "samey".

TheSeks

Learning the beauty of using that javelin. Why anybody fucks with RPGs trying to go up against vehicles, I dunno.

Because it hurts as much as a wet fart. IE: No damage to be worth it.

And no, the ability to lock-on to things is not a good reason for it to be nerfed so much.

Only use is to get the cheesemobile to GTFO in Norshal Canals. Too bad it doesn't damage with four full rockets to kill the Cheesemobile. :|

TheSeks

Good games today with the exception of those two losses in Op Metro and Caspian Border. Salt in my wounds I tell ya

Randoms taking the tanks while I tried to get them for guided or take the helicopter when I had guided missiles. SMH. Hunting's team rolled over us because of that.

Good games today with the exception of those two losses in Op Metro and Caspian Border. Salt in my wounds I tell ya
I know I didn't help things in that Caspian Border game when I had to step away for a few minutes to answer the door and chat with a family friend... surprised I was still alive in the same spot..

How goes the Mobile Spawn work these days? Does anyone spawning on it destroy it? Can people spawn on me while it's up? I feel like they nerfed it to a point where it's barely useful.

eek5

Goddamn that's fucking stupid. Squad chat shouldn't even exist let alone be the default. Just make it easier (possible) to mute individual players.

I don't even think that is the worst part. I'm pretty sure if you switch to team, you can no longer communicate with your own squad unless they switch to team or you switch back to squad.

How goes the Mobile Spawn work these days? Does anyone spawning on it destroy it? Can people spawn on me while it's up? I feel like they nerfed it to a point where it's barely useful.

As far as I know, as long as you don't spawn on your own beacon, everyone can spawn on it as much as they like. I always make a point to lay down another beacon if I spawn on my own.

Being put in a game and immediately getting the "Your team lost"-screen is always rage-inducing...
That happens because of the sad cases who quit just before a match finishes thinking it will preserve their win/loss ratio. On the bright side it's a good way to get into servers that would otherwise be full...

Top Bottom