• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man we lost a defense last night against a bunch of pain in the butt low-levels... game took forever.

I blame myself... mostly. Usually when stuff gets tricky I kick it into overdrive, but I could barely stay positive k/d. It was really late though. Been playing most of the day.

They had a few more players, but they still beat us straight up. And I can't even call cheese on them. I was never killed by a frag round or blinded by a flashlight. They were just relatively well coordinated and would sneak past holes in our defense.

But we should have won. It was four gaffers + another three guys from some clan. That should have been enough to win. But they were able to grind out every set.

So frustrating. Otherwise a good night though.

ouch

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
After going back to the M27 after unlocking everything for the support class, I don't care to use any of the other LMGs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nope! Talkin 'bout the friggin entry level gun for support. Slap a grip and HOLO/ACOG on it and you're good to go. Suppressing power of an LMG with the mobility of an assault.

Oh, you mean the IAR. Yeah, the IAR is really good and very accurate. But the MG36 outclasses it for me.

I've been playing BF3 mainly on PC and love the different types of servers (low player start, high tickets, etc.). I just picked it up for 360 and was wondering if there are servers running the same type of deal. My gut tells me it's very stock with hardcore, infantry only, and the like but nothing super customized. Am I right on this?

I've been playing BF3 mainly on PC and love the different types of servers (low player start, high tickets, etc.). I just picked it up for 360 and was wondering if there are servers running the same type of deal. My gut tells me it's very stock with hardcore, infantry only, and the like but nothing super customized. Am I right on this?

There are no custom servers on consoles. Normal, Hardcore, and Infantry are your options.

Yes, it's fucking stupid.

TheSeks

Well, that was weird. Loading screen glitched out, XMB glitched out as well. Shut down/reboot and it's going fine. Weird. :/

Also Fersis: Didn't bail, it was that glitch that shut me down but I didn't really want to play Conquest, sorry. :/ At least I got a pistol and sniper ribbon out of the round, so that's like 36-37 for each. Nearly to the medals and then I can forget about the snipers.

TheSeks

Oh Faceless and Calion: Where are for thou? :/ I could use some people to distract Christmas people to knife them.

Ah...
I set it last night, died, switched to Engineer, spawned on it and it blew up. Thought maybe it was bugged, didn't know they changed it's behavior.

yeah, they fixed the spawn beacon bugs in the patch.

Oh Faceless and Calion: Where are for thou? :/ I could use some people to distract Christmas people to knife them.

well, i was eating having fun with the family, retaining my crown in wii sports resort basketball and watching people play just dance.

TheSeks

well, i was eating having fun with the family, retaining my crown in wii sports resort basketball and watching people play just dance.

Yeah, well, Calion said he'd be on later... but he isn't. :|

Guess I'll go play MGS3 then.

olimpia84

That team we played against tonight...most annoying team ever. I was hoping they would quit after we beat them over and over but they were on a mission to annoy the crap out of us no matter what.

JJD

Those last few days have been really strange. I'm having a negative K/D on pretty much all games I play.

I do think I'm not playing my best game, but today I got a jump on a guy and he turned around and killed me. That has been occurring a lot lately...and I'm losing almost all 1 on 1 firefights. Also I lost count how many times I've started shooting a guy and then someone else start shooting at him too and ends up getting the kill.

On that last Canals game, I was going to the mcom inside the warehouse on the fourth set and saw a guy hiding next to the wall outside, I emptied half a clip of the scar on him and rushed to the mcom, then I saw a dude on the second floor and was switching to the RPG to kill him when the guy I shot knifed me from behind! His fucking energy was at 63% after half a clip of bullets to the chest! Am I lagging that bad? Anyone experiencing some issues with lag interfering with your gameplay such as this? God I wish EA or Dice would spare a few bucks and rent a server on SA!

Also that MAV guy was fucking annoying!

Anyway, we didn't lose a single game tonight, and I joined pretty late! I'm pretty sure you guys were kicking ass for quite some time!

Those last few days have been really strange. I'm having a negative K/D on pretty much all games I play.

I do think I'm not playing my best game, but today I got a jump on a guy and he turned around and killed me. That has been occurring a lot lately...and I'm losing almost all 1 on 1 firefights. Also I lost count how many times I've started shooting a guy and then someone else start shooting at him too and ends up getting the kill.

On that last Canals game, I was going to the mcom inside the warehouse on the fourth set and saw a guy hiding next to the wall outside, I emptied half a clip of the scar on him and rushed to the mcom, then I saw a dude on the second floor and was switching to the RPG to kill him when the guy I shot knifed me from behind! His fucking energy was at 63% after half a clip of bullets to the chest! Am I lagging that bad? Anyone experiencing some issues with lag interfering with your gameplay such as this? God I wish EA or Dice would spare a few bucks and rent a server on SA!

Also that MAV guy was fucking annoying!

Anyway, we didn't lose a single game tonight, and I joined pretty late! I'm pretty sure you guys were kicking ass for quite some time!

Yes, that mav was driving me nuts. I had to restrain myself from trying to empty my shotgun into it when he was buzzing around our faces on that final mcom in the tv tower.

I was having serious rubber banding tonight and got kicked out of so many games today, worst was getting kicked just as we finished defending on Kharg.

Octacamo

Frag rounds on the USAS are so fucking annoying.

Attaching FRAG to shotgun was a bad idea to begin with... Y not keep it simple as BFBC2 keeping Magnum ammo as the alternative.. But no Lets Fk this game up more... here have some Fking FRAG to your Shot-Fking-Gun huh Dice

Dave1988

Attaching FRAG to shotgun was a bad idea to begin with... Y not keep it simple as BFBC2 keeping Magnum ammo as the alternative.. But no Lets Fk this game up more... here have some Fking FRAG to your Shot-Fking-Gun huh Dice

Leave my portable LAV cannon alone! *cries*

Evolved1

So for the last few days, I get kicked every time I try and play SP. Same fucking spot... as soon as I hit the checkpoint it boots me and says "can't connect to EA online".

What the fuck is this shit!? I'm playing single player!

So for the last few days, I get kicked every time I try and play SP. Same fucking spot... as soon as I hit the checkpoint it boots me and says "can't connect to EA online".

What the fuck is this shit!? I'm playing single player!

This happened to me too, same spot. I just gave up and started a new game on hard since my original was set to normal difficulty. My crash always started at the beginning of the second tank level, just as you turn into that tight alleyway

TheSeks

Calion is a drunk driver in the tank. :( Drove us into out-of-bounds ditch on Tehran. Took me like 20 tickets to drive out, after that we rolled.

Also I can't talk, I was flying figure eights and not hitting anything with the rockets on Sharqi Conquest Assault with Faceless when Rock ragequitted with some other dude.

TheSeks

Hey now. I hit a rock, and things went south. :(

Just like they do with a drunk driver at the wheel. AMIRITE or AMIRITE?!

I get out, take out the rock, you jump forward. Somehow we get into the ditch and I have to kill yet another rock to climb out. >_<

That Metro Attack round sucked. I kept laughing at the tag of "DijaKum" to where I couldn't think of a valid strat other than smoke the area but I couldn't smoke the area too well. :( Faceless should've joined us instead of continuing to play boring Conquest and helped us take that set. :(

playing without sound and browsing gaf at the same time, not a good combo for points :D

Pffffft. N00b. Get good.

Calion

That Metro Attack round sucked. I kept laughing at the tag of "DijaKum" to where I couldn't think of a valid strat other than smoke the area but I couldn't smoke the area too well. :( Faceless should've joined us instead of continuing to play boring Conquest and helped us take that set. :(.

I fucking hate the 3rd set of Metro. Ugh. The only good thing about it is planting down a T-UGS and watching the points stroll in. We we're somewhat close in that match, but it was mostly a bloodbath.

TheSeks

I fucking hate the 3rd set of Metro. Ugh. The only good thing about it is planting down a T-UGS and watching the points stroll in. We we're somewhat close in that match, but it was mostly a bloodbath.

I smoked the line as they went to A (thereby getting the crate) as I went right to B. I get taken out just as I touch the crate by someone I didn't seem to see (because they were behind my back) and then it was all downhill. Someone armed it ONCE but no one was even close to get that. :/

Evolved1

L.O.L.

Hey attackers... this is why you don't bail on the little bird. I was 0-2 before stealing it. Merry Christmas to me.

Just like they do with a drunk driver at the wheel. AMIRITE or AMIRITE?!

I get out, take out the rock, you jump forward. Somehow we get into the ditch and I have to kill yet another rock to climb out. >_<

That Metro Attack round sucked. I kept laughing at the tag of "DijaKum" to where I couldn't think of a valid strat other than smoke the area but I couldn't smoke the area too well. :( Faceless should've joined us instead of continuing to play boring Conquest and helped us take that set. :(

i joined whatever game happened to not be full on my friends list.

Evolved1

Wow, 63 days. Hard to believe it's been that long. I have no faith in DICE fixing this.

They've acknowledged the input lag twice now. They'll try and fix it.

Usually DICE will just ignore most complaints from the community, but when they acknowledge an issue they usually do get it sorted out eventually.

ziadoz

Neo Member
They've acknowledged the input lag twice now. They'll try and fix it.

Usually DICE will just ignore most complaints from the community, but when they acknowledge an issue they usually do get it sorted out eventually.

They could do themselves a favour by play testing their games a bit better in future tbh. I expect bugs in online games, that's a given, but this game was released too early. Even the single player has some nice show stoppers (I couldn't even get it to load today).

Ironically if they'd had a proper beta like they did with BC2 some of these issues could have been sorted prior to release. Instead we got a token beta to fulfill some stupid coupon commitment they made.

Nizz

They could do themselves a favour by play testing their games a bit better in future tbh. I expect bugs in online games, that's a given, but this game was released too early. Even the single player has some nice show stoppers (I couldn't even get it to load today).

Ironically if they'd had a proper beta like they did with BC2 some of these issues could have been sorted prior to release. Instead we got a token beta to fulfill some stupid coupon commitment they made.
Basically. I know a lot of people are enjoying the game now but I honestly wouldn't have minded this game being released in March. The same time frame as BC2. (I think BC1 also).

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
final ... B? (Warehouse) on Karkand

i jet across the water and into the warehouse in the LAV with a random gunner, arm, plant a T-UGS and reverse a bit.

we sit there... 2 guys come from the middle, i kill 1, he kills the other... 4 enemies come behind us... a tank comes from the middle... we sit there, the tank shoots us... we sit there... the tank shoots us again... we just keep sitting there, aiming at the M-COM, the tank shoots us again, but it's too late, M-COM DESTROYED

all the while, the 4 guys who came in behind us JUST STAYED BEHIND US AND DID NOTHING TO OUR LAV OR TRIED TO DISARM THE M-COM

even when they're on the other team, i swear... randoms

Forget getting stuck on objects, the USAS frag spammers, or the input lag. The most annoying thing about this game is playing with randoms.

I don't know whether it is out of some irrational cowardice or selfishness or what, but I can't count how many times I seen players (friendly and hostile alike) completely ignore disarming or arming an M-COM. Don't get me started on medics who run right pass your dead body.

Caspian Border - Rush - Attack

we double arm and take 1 mcom, but the defenders defuse the other... after some roadkill shenanigans with the humvee, i get killed... i spawn in on the transport chopper... then i realize... one of our teammates parks the transport chopper on the enemy runway. i guess his plan is to wait until their jet spawns... but it's still in the air... hilarious stuff ensues with people jumping in and out and shooting the chopper, etc... someone hops out and another person spawns in... suicide... at one point, our jet flies right at the chopper and rams it... jet suicide... chopper tips over... dude manages to get it back upright... other people get fed up and suicide... finally, after like 5 minutes, i guess the enemy jet gets shot down or crashes and finally spawns, dude hops out and i get in the pilot's seat and fly towards the mcom... the enemy team has FOUR TANKS!?!? so what? blue and i just drop in on the chopper, kill people, arm, kill people, take the crate. then the tanks come back, get killed, grab our tank, their tanks gangbang me, spawn on transport chopper... THE SAME DUDE IS ON THE RUNWAY AGAIN!!!! this time the enemy jet spawns a few seconds after i spawn in there, so i fly and dan spawns on the chopper, i go to pick blue, scuff the paint, blue decides to walk, dan & i shoot some people and die, spawn on blue who's at the enemy base, we kill some peeps, arm some crates, move on to 3rd set, get those pretty quickly and win.

but i'm still thinking "wtf just happened?"

TheSeks

Wow, 63 days. Hard to believe it's been that long. I have no faith in DICE fixing this.

One thing: Demize's responses != Official DICE response. He may say they acknowledge it, but I wouldn't contribute that or his "your on crack" specifically to DICE.

eek5

One thing: Demize's responses != Official DICE response. He may say they acknowledge it, but I wouldn't contribute that or his "your on crack" specifically to DICE.

Being aware of something and actually working on a fix are two completely different things as well. AFAIK, they've never actually stated that it is going to be fixed or in the process of being fixed.

Octacamo

So much for working hard to raise my W/L...6 losses in a row thanks to the stupid randoms in my team.

does W/L ratio matters to you guys?? to me it doesnt matter i just want a nice BALANCED online war thats all

u know a last minute kill by a nooob can win the match for you.... so does this ratio matters?

does W/L ratio matters to you guys?? to me it doesnt matter i just want a nice BALANCED online war thats all

u know a last minute kill by a nooob can win the match for you.... so does this ratio matters?

No, I agree. There's only so many times you can play like shit and still win (or vice versa) before W/L becomes just another random stat. Or at best it becomes an indication of how often you play on good teams, which isn't really a useful indication of anything either.

Octacamo

No, I agree. There's only so many times you can play like shit and still win (or vice versa) before W/L becomes just another random stat. Or at best it becomes an indication of how often you play on good teams, which isn't really a useful indication of anything either.

yeah

i hate when i join some random squad and see all turned as snipers

when i ask them r u good with it they will say nah i m just trying to improve my KDR

i was like O_O

TheSeks

So much for working hard to raise my W/L...6 losses in a row thanks to the stupid randoms in my team.

I know that feel bro. Went from like 4.20 to a now 3.5 or there about having to play Squad Deathmatch and people not playing the objective.

Top Bottom