• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

IRNV is pretty much shit now since the nerf. The scope-adjustment isn't bad, but that stupid fog is too close for mid-range engagements. Might as well spray and pray at that point.

That shitty fog only seems to be there on certain maps. I noticed the shit fog effect was on Metro and Damavand but not on Tehran Highway. But yeah given the nerf the IRNV got it may as well have been removed all together. Its completely worthless now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i need to find some boosters and catch up.

Boosting-wise: I need to get a few situational trophies in Ass Creed's multiplayer, otherwise I'm pretty much set to get platinums in a few other things. "I am Bad Company" is the worst trophy I have ever had the misfortune of attempting. Never again, DICE, please.

1 hr. 9 mins…oof, I think that was the longest match I've ever played! Shame we still lost.

Thanks Faceless for letting me tag along in the attack chopper in that earlier match. Finally got my air warfare ribbon. Wish I hadn't jumped out behind enemy lines in an attempt to fix us, probably could have got my nemesis pin taken care of if I stayed in there.
How do you guys like to time flares in that thing…should I let the pilot blow his wad first and then fire mine afterwards if needed?

Had really good results with the Saiga tonight, last match I unlocked the extended mag so I think I'm gonna stick with this now instead of the DOA

TheSeks

... It's DAO not DOA.

As in: Day-oh. I said Day-oh. Day-oh OHK and we win the round~

JJD

Good games today. We managed to win and make that XVS clan quit...impressive.

What's impressive about then?

I mean, I'm not dissing then, but it was 4 gaffers against 4 of then plus a bunch of new players for each side. And the only time we had any real trouble was in that Bazaar game were they camped at B and kept stealing our flags. They were ahead of us on the ticket count for awhile on that game.

When me and Dave managed to cap B, our team (and by that I mean you and Rock) quickly got a hold of the rest of the flags until the end of the match since they couldn't easily flank us anymore. We won that game by 43 tickets!

All other games they kept struggling but we would manage to win by usually more than 100 tickets!

Edit 1: Ohhh, I forgot that Dan joined and kicked ass as usual so you could argue that it was 5 against 4.

Edit 2: Just checked Battlelog and Dan actually played with then against us on a Kharg match after Bazaar that we won by 107 tickets lol! When he finally joined us they were long gone! :)

TheSeks

classes were better in bc2 :(

Hahahaha, no they weren't. Broken classes all around.

Evolved1 said:
Recon should have C4.

Why? So they can kill a tank? They already had that: It was called the mort--OBJECTIVE DESTROYED, MOVE UP.

Assault: Supply G. launcher ammo to self. PEW PEW PEW. I gotta run, but can stand my ground if the tank is damaged or I have a place it can't reach.
Medic: Heal self, beg Assault for ammo. PEW PEW PEW. I gotta run from a tank.
Engineer: ROCKET SPAM MESSER CARL OF EL GUSTAV. PEW PEW PEW. I NEED AMMO, ASSAULT! I don't have to run from a tank.
Recon: C4 SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOL TANKS! PEW PEW WITH VSS. MOTION MINES LET ME KNOW I CAN PEW PEW PEW YOU OR C4 COLLAPSE YOU!

Oh, I don't throw those out you say? MORTARS! *trollface*

Same shit as BF3: 2-3 of the classes can take tanks out easily while one can't. Just in this case the C4 has been given to the class that can easily regen it and destroy tanks easily as opposed to the ammo being given to the class that could damage a tank, but really weakly.

As much as I hate to admit it... I have to say this: BC1 had the right idea for classes. Support should heal/repair. Engineer should damage tanks. Recon should... recon. Assault should... Assault (but without the broken auto-injector). Ammo should be in boxes to where I don't have to beg and risk my life to get it. Shit would be sooooo much better and require more than "LOL ENGINEER 24/7. FUCK THE TICKETS AND POLICE! *RPG-7 INFANTRY/TANKS!*" that goes on in BF3 and could go on in BC2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I'm sure you have a good reason for thinking that...

Btw... I can never hear your mic. Sometimes I can just barely hear you. Guys like Ejas and Olimpia, JJ... they are normal volume, but your mic is always always hard to hear. If I turn it up to hear you the other guys break my eardrums. haha

JJD

Recon should have C4.

That would screw up land vehicles. 3 out of 4 classes would have ways to deal with then. I think it was a mistake allowing assault class to have C4 when you equipped certain weapons on BC2 (and I was mainly an assault player on that game).

I think class balance is fine on BF3, better than BC2, but overall I still like BC2 more! (Probably because of the maps.)

Also how you guys deal with weapons?

Some people pick a single gun with each class and pretty much only play with then. I found a really good player who has 6.873 kills, and 6.034 of then are with the Scar. He only plays engineer, and of the games I played against him, he would get the Ace pin on most rounds.

Usually I like to try a lot of guns, but when I saw this guy I began to wonder if I would play better if I kept playing with my favorites on each class. I had a look on my stats and out of almost 6.000 kills, my highest ranked gun is the G53 with only 267...

Evolved1

I constantly change my kits up... and try to play all classes even though engineer is the most well rounded for almost any situation.

Lately I've been running G3 w/ assault and HK w/ engineer... P90 suppressed with Support (I hate the LMG's) and I've been messing around with PDW's with recon... or sniper rifles w/o optics (or RDS/HOLO).

JJD

I constantly change my kits up... and try to play all classes even though engineer is the most well rounded for almost any situation.

Lately I've been running G3 w/ assault and HK w/ engineer... P90 suppressed with Support (I hate the LMG's) and I've been messing around with PDW's with recon... or sniper rifles w/o optics (or RDS/HOLO).

I like to switch classes. On infantry maps like Metro I usually go Assault. When I'm using shotguns or PDWs most of the time I'm a Support as I burn ammo really fast. If I'm trying to sneak past the enemy line I go Recon to plant a beacon, and when I'm in a vehicle intensive map, or driving a vehicle I go engineer.

But the thing is, no matter the class I'm always switching guns, and trying new ones. What I'm wondering now is if I would play better if I kept playing with my favorite guns of each class.

I have a small adjustment period each time I'm trying a new weapon, and as I'm always trying new ones I'm adjusting (and not playing to my fullest) most of the time.

You know the saying...jack of all trades, master of none...

Gunslinger, w00t!

Hahahaha, no they weren't. Broken classes all around.

Why? So they can kill a tank? They already had that: It was called the mort--OBJECTIVE DESTROYED, MOVE UP.

Assault: Supply G. launcher ammo to self. PEW PEW PEW. I gotta run, but can stand my ground if the tank is damaged or I have a place it can't reach.
Medic: Heal self, beg Assault for ammo. PEW PEW PEW. I gotta run from a tank.
Engineer: ROCKET SPAM MESSER CARL OF EL GUSTAV. PEW PEW PEW. I NEED AMMO, ASSAULT! I don't have to run from a tank.
Recon: C4 SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOL TANKS! PEW PEW WITH VSS. MOTION MINES LET ME KNOW I CAN PEW PEW PEW YOU OR C4 COLLAPSE YOU!

Oh, I don't throw those out you say? MORTARS! *trollface*

Same shit as BF3: 2-3 of the classes can take tanks out easily while one can't. Just in this case the C4 has been given to the class that can easily regen it and destroy tanks easily as opposed to the ammo being given to the class that could damage a tank, but really weakly.

As much as I hate to admit it... I have to say this: BC1 had the right idea for classes. Support should heal/repair. Engineer should damage tanks. Recon should... recon. Assault should... Assault (but without the broken auto-injector). Ammo should be in boxes to where I don't have to beg and risk my life to get it. Shit would be sooooo much better and require more than "LOL ENGINEER 24/7. FUCK THE TICKETS AND POLICE! *RPG-7 INFANTRY/TANKS!*" that goes on in BF3 and could go on in BC2.

yeah, mostly this. but don't forget BC1 recon has the super awesome guided bomb. lock onto something, drop on something else. they never see it coming!

That would screw up land vehicles. 3 out of 4 classes would have ways to deal with then. I think it was a mistake allowing assault class to have C4 when you equipped certain weapons on BC2 (and I was mainly an assault player on that game).

I think class balance is fine on BF3, better than BC2, but overall I still like BC2 more! (Probably because of the maps.)

Also how you guys deal with weapons?

Some people pick a single gun with each class and pretty much only play with then. I found a really good player who has 6.873 kills, and 6.034 of then are with the Scar. He only plays engineer, and of the games I played against him, he would get the Ace pin on most rounds.

Usually I like to try a lot of guns, but when I saw this guy I began to wonder if I would play better if I kept playing with my favorites on each class. I had a look on my stats and out of almost 6.000 kills, my highest ranked gun is the G53 with only 267...

yeah, way back in the beta i called that one! assault with ammo and C4? lol! imagine how different vanilla BC2 would have been if the assault had a standalone GL with non-AR's instead of C4!

as far as class specific weapons go, i typically use a weapon until i unlock everything, then move on. with the all class weapons, so far i've been going to 100 kills (IRNV!) with the shotguns, got two left.

as far as PICKING CLASSES goes, i just choose what i feel is best for the current situation, then choose a class weapon or shotgun after that.

TheSeks

TheFacelessMaster <Javalin> HelicopterDumbass#1/2.

Me: NewYorkTiffanyLaughingCrazy.gif

MY KDR! :( At least we won

There's no reason for this loss, either. Dave should've jumped back in the tank, Cal should've stopped attempting to fly after failing 6 times and we had to struggle and me slowly but surely making sure the tank wouldn't die for the first set take that set. Somehow we take A, attempt to arm B second set three times. Dave the first. Me the second. Cal the third and no one getting there in time to provide support. SMH.

And then they pulled a move off me by putting the tank in there and dumbass randoms not even attempting to get close to hit them (oh, they did, but NO WHERE THEY COULD HIT HIM FROM) so the defense spreads out and snipes me and/or kills me with rocket spam when I do get the tank.

Annoying.

Calion

TheFacelessMaster <Javalin> HelicopterDumbass#1/2.

Me: NewYorkTiffanyLaughingCrazy.gif

MY KDR! :( At least we won

There's no reason for this loss, either. Dave should've jumped back in the tank, Cal should've stopped attempting to fly after failing 6 times and we had to struggle and me slowly but surely making sure the tank wouldn't die for the first set take that set. Somehow we take A, attempt to arm B second set three times. Dave the first. Me the second. Cal the third and no one getting there in time to provide support. SMH.

And then they pulled a move off me by putting the tank in there and dumbass randoms not even attempting to get close to hit them (oh, they did, but NO WHERE THEY COULD HIT HIM FROM) so the defense spreads out and snipes me and/or kills me with rocket spam when I do get the tank.

Annoying.

Yeah, I did little that round. I was attempting learning to fly, but was unsuccessful.

TheSeks

Yeah, I did little that round. I was attempting learning to fly, but was unsuccessful.

I knew you were attempting to get unlocks, but I was like "just get off the plane, Cal. Please."

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Haven't been able to join a game with friends for over a day now, always get failed to join server.

Now when I try to join a Conquest game alone, it puts me in Squad Rush, and the game freezes before I can join the server.

Sh0k

Haven't been able to join a game with friends for over a day now, always get failed to join server.

Now when I try to join a Conquest game alone, it puts me in Squad Rush, and the game freezes before I can join the server.

I'm having the same problem, trying to join a Quick Match game for a long time and keep getting connection failed, any solutions ?

It used to be an instant connection before, but these last two days it's been really hard to connect.

I'm on 360 by the way.

TheSeks

how many choppers did we get, 3?

i think it was 3.

FRANCOSOGOOD.GIF

At least five. But I wasn't keeping count. I was spotting then locking on to anything in the air in range while spotting the ground (and locking a few tanks). I think you got at least 3-4 while someone else took 1-2. But I got pissed getting killed by a helicopter after I attempted to CITV while you got height locked from firing the guided tank shell. We proceeded to lay waste to them.

And that team used U Suck Ass Skank with Frags which was totally fucking stupid but annoying on Norshal.

and that Canals game, how the hell did they defuse first A MCOM that one time?

i was RIGHT THERE and i saw NOBODY!!!!

I saw him before I died. He was BEHIND the crate. Like, literally. I'm not sure how that's possible as last time I tried that I got shot and never had the ability to defuse, but apparently it's possible.

Anyway, if people start putting SOFLAMS up in areas that I did: I think air vehicles would never be touched if they also had Javelin people on hand.

olimpia84

Fuck, game froze during that Oman game. Here's hoping you guys win, it was a close one but I can't be bothered to turn on the game again and try to join the game.

Evolved1

Fuck, game froze during that Oman game. Here's hoping you guys win, it was a close one but I can't be bothered to turn on the game again and try to join the game.

No we fucking lost. You were replaced by complete garbage. People don't know how to take a damn flag and the other team had every goddamned ground vehicle.

I'm gonna send hate mail to every piece of crap on that team who apparently play the game for some other reason than to actually win.

seriously look at this trash

edit: also faceless you're a good chopper pilot, I love gunning for you but for some reason you kept getting really low in front of the tanks... no reason to give them a shot, especially since we were making quick work of them. were you trying to avoid planes or something?

Jas

Yeah, my game froze too. Got back in towards the end of the round but didn't help much :(

Evolved1

Yeah, my game froze too. Got back in towards the end of the round but didn't help much :(

bro you were actually capping flags... unlike the entire rest of our team. i don't know what they were doing. i really don't.

at one point it was just me trying to cap a flag vs three tanks... i couldn't believe it.

Jas

bro you were actually capping flags... unlike the entire rest of our team. i don't know what they were doing. i really don't.

at one point it was just me trying to cap a flag vs three tanks... i couldn't believe it.

Thanks, same thing happened to me at C...it wasn't pretty, haha

olimpia84

No we fucking lost. You were replaced by complete garbage. People don't know how to take a damn flag and the other team had every goddamned ground vehicle.

I'm gonna send hate mail to every piece of crap on that team who apparently play the game for some other reason than to actually win.

edit: also faceless you're a good chopper pilot, I love gunning for you but for some reason you kept getting really low in front of the tanks... no reason to give them a shot, especially since we were making quick work of them. were you trying to avoid planes or something?

Damn that sucks. At that point I didn't even bother turning my PS3 on again. Usually those B2K games get full right away so I probably wouldn't have joined even if I tried anyways. It's weird because we started out the game really well and I believe at one point we had all the flags but the enemy slowly got better as the match progressed =/

Tawpgun

That shitty fog only seems to be there on certain maps. I noticed the shit fog effect was on Metro and Damavand but not on Tehran Highway. But yeah given the nerf the IRNV got it may as well have been removed all together. Its completely worthless now.

So what you're saying is...

The thermal night vision scope works better on dark/night environments than in the day time... interesting.

yeah, the jets were messing with me. one even crashed trying to get a lock.

So what you're saying is...

The thermal night vision scope works better on dark/night environments than in the day time... interesting.
nah, it's got nothing to do with that, it just works on some maps and is nerfed on others.

Tawpgun

.... That one fucking engineer who devotes his entire time in the game to trying to get a stinger kill on me in a Jet.

Ugh, it was aggravating.

olimpia84

Some teams are so bad it's not even funny. So bad that they don't even go for any flags at the start of a Conquest round...easy W but boring games.

Kak.efes

Laser Pointer + Guided Missile is so hit or miss. There are times it'll destroy a scout helicopter and everyone in it with one hit, and then there are times it'll miss every single time like it did in that Canals game earlier. That pilot in the Z11-W must have been pissed off, he took us down to 20% twice, only to be repaired to full every time.

RiverBed

Banned
Four questions, please (PS3 copy);

- Why is the FAMAS locked when I have the B2K expansion?

- How many Service Stars do you get before you complete the progression of a class?

- If you knife someone, can you equipt their dog tag? I see them in my menu, but cannot use them.

- I cannot log in to Battle-log on PC. Keeps telling me 'incorrect log in info'. I tell it I 'forgot' my log in, verify and adjust via email, see a completely empty profile. Then when I want to log in again, I have to repeat the process and my profile is always empty. Why is Battle-log on PC keeps telling me my log in info is wrong? I reset it three times via email on three separate occasions (basically every time I want to view battle-log)...

Dartastic

So I'm finally getting around to playing this game on the 360, and I'm really genuinely confused as to why people would play MW3 over this. This game is just so much... better. In general. The single player feels much more like a real campaign, and the multiplayer is amazing. I'm assuming that it's because people have been playing COD for forever? Ugh. This game is way good.

redhot_

So I'm finally getting around to playing this game on the 360, and I'm really genuinely confused as to why people would play MW3 over this. This game is just so much... better. In general. The single player feels much more like a real campaign, and the multiplayer is amazing. I'm assuming that it's because people have been playing COD for forever? Ugh. This game is way good.

I think MW is just more about the casuals and the youtube people now. I know a few people that the ONLY games they own are the Call of Duty's, they just stick to whats easy and what they are good at.

It's hard to convert people over to BF3, the game probably seems overwhelming for the Cod people, there is some level of team work involved, and heaven forbid you can't always get a flawless game and there's no giant bombs to drop.

Four questions, please (PS3 copy);

- Why is the FAMAS locked when I have the B2K expansion?

- How many Service Stars do you get before you complete the progression of a class?

- If you knife someone, can you equipt their dog tag? I see them in my menu, but cannot use them.

- I cannot log in to Battle-log on PC. Keeps telling me 'incorrect log in info'. I tell it I 'forgot' my log in, verify and adjust via email, see a completely empty profile. Then when I want to log in again, I have to repeat the process and my profile is always empty. Why is Battle-log on PC keeps telling me my log in info is wrong? I reset it three times via email on three separate occasions (basically every time I want to view battle-log)...

FAMAS and other B2K guns are unlocked via the B2K assignments system. you can check your progress on the Assignments screen in the My Soldier menu in-game or on the Assignments page on the Battlelog. The FAMAS in particular requires you do do 10 heals and 10 revives.

1 Service star is the final weapon unlock (use RU/US default weapon with the other team), iirc, 5 service stars unlocks dogtags for that weapon that says how many kills you have with it, and you can get up to 100 service stars with a weapon but i don't think there are any unlocks after what i've listed.

no, you can't equip dogtags you get from knifing people.

try downloading the EA Sports MMA demo and use that to reset your email/password, then try logging in with those details on PC. if that fails, contact EA Support, and chat with a live advisor (when they're open tomorrow) and if they suggest that EA MMA thing, tell them you already tried it :p

what's confusing about it? some people just don't want to deal with things like being a recon when 2 tanks come over the hill and they're like "i'm so fucked now!"

Dartastic

I think MW is just more about the casuals and the youtube people now. I know a few people that the ONLY games they own are the Call of Duty's, they just stick to whats easy and what they are good at.

It's hard to convert people over to BF3, the game probably seems overwhelming for the Cod people, there is some level of team work involved, and heaven forbid you can't always get a flawless game and there's no giant bombs to drop.
I think so. I really like how this game seems way more realistic, at least in single player. Instead of ZOMFG NYC IS BEIGN DESTROYIEED LET'S SHOOT EVERYONE IN A CORRIDOR this feels like... what might happen in a real mission. I'm really enjoying the SP campaign. It's kinda awesome.
what's confusing about it? some people just don't want to deal with things like being a recon when 2 tanks come over the hill and they're like "i'm so fucked now!"
I get that, but at the same time I don't like being like "WTF I just died for no reason why did I get shot? Oh, it's because that guy hit me from nowhere because these levels are super constricting. At least BF has way more open environments that make you kinda choose how you're going to go at things. I know that the argument is more technical than that, but I hope everyone gets the point. This feels more realistic, I guess as opposed to the arcade shooter that COD has become.

I can probably go into this later, but gin has had it's effect. Yeah. This game just seems way better. Plus there's that awesome jet video. Like, COME ON.

I think so. I really like how this game seems way more realistic, at least in single player. Instead of ZOMFG NYC IS BEIGN DESTROYIEED LET'S SHOOT EVERYONE IN A CORRIDOR this feels like... what might happen in a real mission. I'm really enjoying the SP campaign. It's kinda awesome.

I liked it too. Shitty there was/is no mission to fly jets, and I would have made some vastly different decisions more genrally, but as a stand-alone experience it's pretty much okay.

Try Medal of Honor's campaign if you haven't already. It's the same formula.

RiverBed

Banned
try downloading the EA Sports MMA demo and use that to reset your email/password, then try logging in with those details on PC. if that fails, contact EA Support, and chat with a live advisor (when they're open tomorrow) and if they suggest that EA MMA thing, tell them you already tried it :p

MMA on PS3 or PC? What do you mean 'use it to reset your email/password'? How would I do that from a game demo?

olimpia84

Can I get a reward for being the most patient idiot in the world? Stuck with the worst fucking team in Battlefield history for 4 rounds straight for the "challenge" and we lost all 4 of them. We were really close in one of them but we choked at the end because people are too fucking stupid and we had at least 5 people in our base waiting for the choppers and jets to spawn. Fuck all of them. Seriously, this is why my W/L will never go up but fuck it. There's nothing more frustrating than to watch the other team run over yours after you put so much effort towards winning. The worst part is that my team was actually very high ranked....

Codmaul, please, whenever you see a tank available against an awesome enemy team like today's JUMP ON IT and don't let them get it. Even though it was towards the beginning of the round I was like 'that's it, game over'.

Evolved1

Codmaul, please, whenever you see a tank available against an awesome enemy team like today's JUMP ON IT and don't let them get it. Even though it was towards the beginning of the round I was like 'that's it, game over'.

This applies to the smurfs on your own team as well... every time one of those tards spawns next to the tank or something at the start of the round, I'm just thinking about the hole we're going to have to climb out of, because that guy is probably going to do the stupidest thing possible with it. And the other team will probably have competent pilots.

The average player just doesn't appreciate the power of vehicles, and how they can influence the flow/momentum of a match.

JJD

Can I get a reward for being the most patient idiot in the world? Stuck with the worst fucking team in Battlefield history for 4 rounds straight for the "challenge" and we lost all 4 of them. We were really close in one of them but we choked at the end because people are too fucking stupid and we had at least 5 people in our base waiting for the choppers and jets to spawn. Fuck all of them. Seriously, this is why my W/L will never go up but fuck it. There's nothing more frustrating than to watch the other team run over yours after you put so much effort towards winning. The worst part is that my team was actually very high ranked....

I'm sorry I had to bail earlier, but I had to pick up my GF at work... :-(

The worst thing is that the other team wasn't even that good...at least on the games that I played we usually would get the ace pin.

That Op. Firestorm was a good example, we ended the game with a 2.000 points advantage on the best player on the other team, and we still lost by 70 tickets. Our team was really worthless...

Top Bottom