• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

It seems that I somehow fixed it, I have to play it in windowed mode.

Lol, I play with a controller, yet end up in the top spots against people with mouse and keyboard!

if you don't mind jacking the setting down to Medium or maybe even low. BF3 likes a fast multi threading CPU so you might have a problem there.

I can run it half Ultra settings with my 6870, 2500k.

I love all the extra details that were missing from console versions, Metro is just batshit insane with 64players lol.

Divius

I think you can get premium for $37 using the code?
I guess, but I dont want Premium.

Anyway, I have been on a terrible losing streak lately (not my fault). The thing that bugs me the most about BF3 is still the (95% mentally challenged) playerbase. So many people lack the power to think logically. I really need a regular, decent group of people to play with.

Anyway, I have been on a terrible losing streak lately (not my fault). The thing that bugs me the most about BF3 is still the (95% mentally challenged) playerbase. So many people lack the power to think logically. I really need a regular, decent group of people to play with.

I know that feel bro.

My pc might be crap but for $7.50 I had to bite.. I hope it runs decent on 32person servers. I've missed having a real bf since bf2 and I really hate bf3 on 360.

For anyone else out there who is worried about performance. My pc isn't good, E8400 @3ghz stock, 4gb ram, ATI 6750. I decided to bite the bullet since I love the main series. BF1942 I still play almost daily since it came out with the DC mod. I still play BF2 every now and then I thought my pc was too bad for this so I got it on 360. I fucking hate this game on 360. I couldn't resist this price on Amazon today though... The game defaulted to allhigh settings with 16x on af or whatever. I manually turned shadows to low before even starting though since I hate shadows in games. After a full hour of raping kids I fucking love this game and will be buying every addon. My "pos" pc on high hasn't went under 38 FPS which is fine with me.

Just asking something probably most people who just got it today are wondering... What do we buy to get the most out of this? Do we just buy the addons or only bg3 prem?

Just as a heads up to anyone just coming into this thread ( like myself, because of the Amazon sale), if you have setting set to max there is a bug where if you run MSAA at anything above off it looks like the brightness gets screwed up and everything looks blown out. A bunch of people have confirmed this, and I dont know if this is a common bug but I ran into it with my GTX 680 etc.

Just thought I'd let people know!

DarkFlow

Banned
I can run it half Ultra settings with my 6870, 2500k.

I love all the extra details that were missing from console versions, Metro is just batshit insane with 64players lol.
Oh I run ultra also on my i3-2120 and 6870. Thou I am only running on a 1600x900 monitor so it's not really working as hard since it's not 1080p.

Divius

holy shit I just spent 5 hours in this game some how
Within 24 hours of buying the game I believe my counter said 13 hours. Crazy stuff. I think I played an entire map rotation 2 times around with (largely) the same group of people, one of the best introductions to a game ever.

Facism

Whenever i'm online you're playing Noshart Canals :( I hate Noshart Canals.

Divius

Whenever i'm online you're playing Noshart Canals :( I hate Noshart Canals.
I rarely play Noshar :eek: Sometimes when I'm fed up with bad teamwork I pop in there for some TDM where I take my trusty AN94 again people who just pick the gun with the fastest Rate of Fire. Quite the challenge. 99% of the time I'm playing 1000+ ticket conquest games on the large maps.

Donos

I rarely play Noshar :eek: Sometimes when I'm fed up with bad teamwork I pop in there for some TDM where I take my trusty AN94 again people who just pick the gun with the fastest Rate of Fire. Quite the challenge. 99% of the time I'm playing 1000+ ticket conquest games on the large maps.

Often Firestorm -_- , i hate Firestorm. I don't know why but this map is a nightmare when i play. I keep dying all the time.

Divius

Man this game is so much different from the console versions it doesn't even feel like the same game at all. So so much better.
I really cannot imagine BF3 on the console. How do you even play a map like Caspian Border with only 24 players? I can't even start to think what Armored Kill must be like.

Divius

Welp, Donos and I just played for a bit and he could experience first hand the amount of bullshit I've had to put up with recently. And yes Donos, it has been like that every. single. round.

This can't be good for my blood pressure.

Donos

Well, i played the map to the end and our team tried a bit but failed bad. Other team had 6 lvl 100 and they did the damage. One of them in a heli, flying 10 cm above ground between the buildings, avoiding all missiles and fucking up every tank. Broken heli post patch my ass.

What i don't understand is why people rarely flank the crowded hotspots and go for the left behind caps. So easy to get them back and put pressure on the other team from another side.
It's easier in Armored Kill because there are alot of ATV which are really fast for bypassing the battlefield.

Well, i played the map to the end and our team tried a bit but failed bad. Other team had 6 lvl 100 and they did the damage. One of them in a heli, flying 10 cm above ground between the buildings, avoiding all missiles and fucking up every tank. Broken heli post patch my ass.

What i don't understand is why people rarely flank the crowded hotspots and go for the left behind caps. So easy to get them back and put pressure on the other team from another side.
It's easier in Armored Kill because there are alot of ATV which are really fast for bypassing the battlefield.

More like incompetent team on the other side. An heli flying low to the ground lasts 10 seconds if someone actually bothers to get to an AA gun.

Shai-Tan

Banned
How are you guys enjoying Armored Kill? I haven't played since B2K came out. I've felt the way vehicles are in this game is a bit annoying but I always liked the more open levels.

Piggus

So I just bought a Radeon 7970. It will get here on Wednesday. I will overclock it to 1150/1500 or higher which should put it in line with or a little better than a stock GTX 680. For those of you that have a 7970 or a 680, what kind of performance can I expect in BF3 multiplayer? I'm mainly interested in the performance on the newer maps and at Ultra settings, 1080p with 4xMSAA.

Rest of the system is:

Core i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz
16gbs Corsair Vengeance
RAID 0 SSDs
Win7 64

Thanks!

Divius

Don't worry guys, I have us covered:

OZiaN.jpg

Top Bottom