• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Gui_PT

No wonder people on pc get so many points and high k/d's

I played like 3 matches of 1000 ticket conquest and earned like 100 k points

Suppression is still bad though

shouts

Neo Member
I often see console players having a higher spm because they tend to play more TDM, but sure the ticket increase + more players should make some difference.

Dakar

Banned
I don't mind the RPG nerf against infantry except it now makes unlocking the QBZ a bigger pain/spamfest than before.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
No wonder people on pc get so many points and high k/d's

I played like 3 matches of 1000 ticket conquest and earned like 100 k points

Suppression is still bad though
I wonder why they dropped the requirements for suppression ribbons when it's so easy to do now. I got like 5 ribbons in one round.

Gui_PT

How do you get a better K/D if you go 20 and 4 vs 10 and 2 in two matches (as an example)?

Well you just do better than that I guess?

In one game, I saw one Support guy in his spawn area with a weapon mounted on a tripod just shooting til he kills someone. He has infinite ammo for being support class and almost no one gets to kill him because he's in a forbidden area and if you want to get a shot on him, you have to get in the way of his bullets.

Any corridor is good for this , drop an ammo box near yourself and your friends = high k/d ratio and lots of points for resupplies.

I don't do it and think it's horrible, but lots of people enjoy doing this.

AndyD

aka andydumi

In one game, I saw one Support guy in his spawn area with a weapon mounted on a tripod just shooting til he kills someone. He has infinite ammo for being support class and almost no one gets to kill him because he's in a forbidden area and if you want to get a shot on him, you have to get in the way of his bullets.

Any corridor is good for this , drop an ammo box near yourself and your friends = high k/d ratio and lots of points for resupplies.

I don't do it in my spawn but I do certainly enjoy laying down covering fire. I often tripod up with an ammo box nearby and extended mags and lay cover on a building when I see my guys approach. Spot/supress/assist is a lot of fun to me even if it does not net me a lot of kills. Works great in the Damavand and Market corridors and streets. Works very well on some of the Wake points. If you lay fire, then move and lay fire elsewhere its good stuff.

Its also a lot of fun to supress various sniper hills in the game. Snipers get pissed now with the increased supression, even though I have little chance to actually kill them. But the annoyance factor of making them move is satisfying.

Anyone experiencing more crashes post patch?

360 by the way.

less crashes, but i'm getting some sort of 'lag triangle' now that stops me from moving and doesn't go away until i die or suicide.

qPRo6.jpg

or sometimes just doesn't go away.

Skeyser

It's not the 1000 tickets servers that makes it easy to get high SPM and KD on metro PC, it's the fact that there are 32 players on each team.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's not the 1000 tickets servers that makes it easy to get high SPM and KD on metro PC, it's the fact that there are 32 players on each team.
It's the fact that the player density is comparable to TDM. In fact, the player density at the chokepoints dwarfs TDM.

Biff

less crashes, but i'm getting some sort of 'lag triangle' now that stops me from moving and doesn't go away until i die or suicide.

qPRo6.jpg

or sometimes just doesn't go away.

Positive that's a hack.

I pissed a teammate off and he said "watch this". Somehow shoved me into a corner and that lost connection thing showed up. Couldn't do anything until I suicided. He shit talked me in the chat the whole time - definitely intentional.

Biff

It's the fact that the player density is comparable to TDM. In fact, the player density at the chokepoints dwarfs TDM.

I just played a 64p Grand Bazaar conquest map. Wtf. How is this fun for people.

It's just a game of sneaking behind enemy lines for free kills. No playing the objective whatsoever. Complete clusterfuck.

scogoth

I just played a 64p Grand Bazaar conquest map. Wtf. How is this fun for people.

It's just a game of sneaking behind enemy lines for free kills. No playing the objective whatsoever. Complete clusterfuck.

It's not fun, that's why real bf3 players don't play 64cq on bazaar or metro. Siene is barely acceptable. Caspian/firestorm/kharg/b2K are where its at.

Positive that's a hack.

I pissed a teammate off and he said "watch this". Somehow shoved me into a corner and that lost connection thing showed up. Couldn't do anything until I suicided. He shit talked me in the chat the whole time - definitely intentional.

Which platform?

scogoth

I'm playing a more-suppressive Support role these days and loving it. I just wish I could get my teammates to understand what I'm doing. I plop myself down in a corridor or alley with the Pecheneg and they should move up or flank and get the kills/captures while I'm firing. Instead, they usually just cluster around me.

I really enjoy the new server system, although EA/DICE should have left an "Official Server" list in place for those who wanted to play the old way. And they should have added a server-content description, because servers named by users are idiotic.

Biff

It would be fine but BF3, or any game really, doesn't take advantage of 4 cores let alone 6.

I upgraded from a 3.0GHz dual core (OC'd E6600) to a 2.7GHz quad core (stock Q8300) and saw huge gains. The game is unplayable on dual core.....

I'm logged in, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to join a server. Player counts are dropping so no one can get in I think.

When I was attempting to join a game a few minutes ago (before logging out of Battlelog and being unable to log back in) it kept giving me those EA Online errors. So yeah, whole thing must be down.

I'm playing a more-suppressive Support role these days and loving it. I just wish I could get my teammates to understand what I'm doing. I plop myself down in a corridor or alley with the Pecheneg and they should move up or flank and get the kills/captures while I'm firing. Instead, they usually just cluster around me.

I really enjoy the new server system, although EA/DICE should have left an "Official Server" list in place for those who wanted to play the old way. And they should have added a server-content description, because servers named by users are idiotic.

Yeah I'm having a hard time finding DICE serves since the update.

Are there hotfixes? Because today I didn't use the IR flares, thinking "I'll be OK" and BANG! Next thing I know is I'm paracuting down to Earth :D

JWong

Banned
Is there a fighter plane lesson?

I can't level up a jet fighter at all even with the flares for free in the patch. I aim perfectly at a tank, shooting at it until I reload, and even when I crash into the tank, it still lives.

Yet when I'm in a tank and get 5 shots into me by a fighter, I blow up.

I don't get it at all. I can't kill anything with it apart from some really long dogfights where I might get an assist from slightly nicking something in the air that's got 5 javs locked onto it.

Top Bottom