• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Lakitu

st5fu
I've not downloaded that either because of it being a gig but I was still fine and playing a couple of games before the server I was on crapped out on me. Now I can't find anything.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
They somehow mixed it up though. I noticed it as well.

They share attachment progression, so only one of them has to be on the weapons list.

BTW, that 1 gig patch is the actual game patch. The server stuff is just part of the package.

MrBig

Same issue here, I havent downloaded the 1gig rent a server patch though. I kind of hoped I wouldnt need that to play multiplayer as I have no intention of ever actually renting a server.

The patch isn't just for you to rent servers, that is just one part of it. The patch allows you to join the servers people buy and maintain (like the GAF PS3 servers), as well as some huge balancing and bug fixes. As you have already discovered, it is mandatory.

I don't know how it works, but it's extremely fluctuating

BnX5w.png

I like the drop from 750 to 280 within a day :lol

how come i cant find this graph anywhere on battlelog?
is this console only?

Lakitu

st5fu
I downloaded it. Already been banned from a server because I triggered a Rush bomb too early lol.

Are there any GAF servers on Xbox 360?

Bombs were only allowed to be triggered after 200 tickets apparently. I caught the end of the last round and it was something like 82 minutes long.

so what, you just play TDM before that?

how many tickets was this server?

pretty sure a rule like that goes against the EA/DICE TOS for BF3.

Lakitu

st5fu
You lost me. What kind of stupid restriction is that

Pretty much my reaction. Attackers were given 500 tickets and whoever detonated the bombs before 200 tickets got instabanned, as I found out.

I'm not enjoying the private server stuff so far, hopefully someone can set a GAF one up.

so what, you just play TDM before that?

how many tickets was this server?

pretty sure a rule like that goes against the EA/DICE TOS for BF3.

Overall, 500 tickets in this server.

I got in towards the end of a round of Rush on Operation Metro as a defender. Some people even had a kill count as high as 150 and then it ended. Checked the timer and it was something like 82:50 overall.

Then we were attacking. For some reason I didn't know what was going on and started detonating the bombs straight away.

scogoth

Pretty much my reaction. Attackers were given 500 tickets and whoever detonated the bombs before 200 tickets got instabanned, as I found out.

I'm not enjoying the private server stuff so far, hopefully someone can set a GAF one.

I doubt it, pc gaf has one but it's really hard to get servers filled

Lakitu

st5fu
I doubt it, pc gaf has one but it's really hard to get servers filled

Shame, thinking about renting one.

If there was a server I'd definitely go onto it occasionally.

I have been banned once and kicked twice. I was just kicked now for apparently killing the admin. This is ridiculous. Think I'll stick to official servers for now.

Skeyser

Whoa, small world. I played you in a server for a few hours a couple days ago I think. You destroyed me round after round. I remember your name because everytime you killed me I was forced to think of Bruce Willis.

We must now be nemesises on GAF as well. Sorry brah.

Haha, small world indeed. What server was it on?

Send me a friend request, I'm always up to play with some Gaffers.

With the influx of rented servers, it seemed like there were very few DICE servers that weren't empty when I played this morning (360). :/

I'm really liking the Custom servers on 360. I already have a few favorites, such as 1500 ticket Conquest on Metro (lol), and a few Air Map Only servers. Seems that people don't really follow the rules though.

The patch itself is alright, but the supression is a little too much and it seems they they have added a bunch of recoil to some of the weapons. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't control the G36C anymore. It's all over the place, even with a Foregrip.

I'm really liking the Custom servers on 360. I already have a few favorites, such as 1500 ticket Conquest on Metro (lol), and a few Air Map Only servers. Seems that people don't really follow the rules though.

The patch itself is alright, but the supression is a little too much and it seems they they have added a bunch of recoil to some of the weapons. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't control the G36C anymore. It's all over the place, even with a Foregrip.

I think aiming has been tweaked because aiming the weapons in general feels a little different, just might take some getting used to.

And wow, they were not joking about increased supression. The effect is insane now.

bjb

Banned
Been playing post-patch the past few nights. The amount of suppression is really frustrating. I'm not going to say it's ruining the game by any means, but I can certainly understand a lot of players rage and frustration.

dokish

Banned
Wow. Just got this game borrowed from a friend. What the fuck is this online pass thing? EA is so full of crap!

It's incredibly funny that the "gaming community" is the "only" place where some kind of "people in the power" can fuck everyone else over and get away with it. Look at our world. People in factories, field workers, the common population... everybody oppose to some kind of abuse from "the goverment", but in the gaming world, we see nothing.

I can't believe I live in such a shitty world where a fucking company CHARGES YOU to play their game online (very specific matter). I mean, if I wanna play for just a couple of weeks, I have to pay?

Damn... I know some people will get butthurt (dunno why) and bash my post, but come on! LOOK WHERE WE ARE! A whole new level of milking...

Damn.

Single biggest improvement with the patch:

The ability to freakin quit a lobby from the waiting screen! Halle-fuckin-luja.

biggest complaint.
they cut off access to some some third floor areas in that building between the hotel and suburb points. it was a great hideaway for the radio beacon :(

Wow. Just got this game borrowed from a friend. What the fuck is this online pass thing? EA is so full of crap!

It's incredibly funny that the "gaming community" is the "only" place where some kind of "people in the power" can fuck everyone else over and get away with it. Look at our world. People in factories, field workers, the common population... everybody oppose to some kind of abuse from "the goverment", but in the gaming world, we see nothing.

I can't believe I live in such a shitty world where a fucking company CHARGES YOU to play their game online (very specific matter). I mean, if I wanna play for just a couple of weeks, I have to pay?

Damn... I know some people will get butthurt (dunno why) and bash my post, but come on! LOOK WHERE WE ARE! A whole new level of milking...

Damn.

https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/index.php

48 hour trial.

and yes, everyone thinks it sucks.

dokish

Banned
Everyone agrees, but... where were you three years ago when EA started this whole thing?

I don't play the type of games EA publish, so yes, I'm poorly informed!
I usually play JRPGs and action games in general.

https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/index.php

48 hour trial.

and yes, everyone thinks it sucks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And it's good to hear that. From both of you.

I already stopped buying ubisoft games after Naruto Broken Bond (Bugs everywhere!) and Prince of Persia 2008 (Ending + DLC), and now with this, will never touch a single EA game.

haven't turned off my X360 yesterday, so here's a question:

how do I properly update the game? I have the BF3 Limited. Ed. with Back to Karkand installed.

So I boot the game, get the newest patch and then redownload Back To Karkand? How? Will it prompt me by default or do I have to manually delete that file from Dashboard and redownload it from the marketplace?

Seanspeed

Banned
haven't turned off my X360 yesterday, so here's a question:

how do I properly update the game? I have the BF3 Limited. Ed. with Back to Karkand installed.

So I boot the game, get the newest patch and then redownload Back To Karkand? How? Will it prompt me by default or do I have to manually delete that file from Dashboard and redownload it from the marketplace?

There's a small patch that comes up right as you start the game thats like 150MB or something. Then when you get to the selection screen, it'll prompt you to download the 'Rent a Server' patch, which is the big, main one everyone is talking about, which is 1GB. You dont have to uninstall anything. :/

There's a small patch that comes up right as you start the game thats like 150MB or something. Then when you get to the selection screen, it'll prompt you to download the 'Rent a Server' patch, which is the big, main one everyone is talking about, which is 1GB. You dont have to uninstall anything. :/

so I don't have to redownload Back To Karkand DLC (which is around 2GB if I remember correctly) ?

K.Sabot

Servers have been hilariously shitty since the last origin update.

Join a game, kicked by punkbuster. Fix that, can't join servers. Fix that, only 5 servers show up. Fix that, disconnected from EA online.

It's like they don't want me to play.

scogoth

Servers have been hilariously shitty since the last origin update.

Join a game, kicked by punkbuster. Fix that, can't join servers. Fix that, only 5 servers show up. Fix that, disconnected from EA online.

It's like they don't want me to play.

They have your money, why would they care if you can play?

scogoth

SMH. Dice just put out a 1 gig patch to try to balance and improve the game that everyone has already paid for and you come with some dumbshit statement like this.

Of course I make statements like this. If I pay money for a product I expect the product to work. This patch introduced a bunch of more game launch issues preventing people from using the game. I have every right to remarks about the stability and reliability of the game. You make it seem like because they released a patch they are absolved of the the fact that ea released this game way before they should have and released a clearly broken product.

Of course I make statements like this. If I pay money for a product I expect the product to work. This patch introduced a bunch of more game launch issues preventing people from using the game. I have every right to remarks about the stability and reliability of the game. You make it seem like because they released a patch they are absolved of the the fact that ea released this game way before they should have and released a clearly broken product.

So technical issues on PC (shocking) = EA/DICE has your money they don't care and the game should never have been released.
Gotcha.

do we know if those will be free or paid packs? If I recall there were quite a few free expansion maps in BFBC 2, and only 2-3 paid DLC.

BF3 map packs will be paid content for sure. The free maps in BC2 were Harvest Day and Oasis (which were bad company 1 maps). BC2: Vietnam was a paid expansion pack and the other maps there were released through the VIP program, were already on the disc, just re purposed for other game modes (rush to conquest and conquest to rush).

I am just glad the win/loss screen still functions. I was expecting the worst for it before this new patch released....

These issues are with the game and battle log launcher and are entirely in the realm of dice/ea. if you stuck a disc into your console and it wouldn't launch you would have a hissy fit too.
After this patch, we are finally out of Beta. There are still soooo many things that need to be fixed as well...Sound glitch, I am looking at you!

scogoth

So technical issues on PC (shocking) = EA/DICE has your money they don't care and the game should never have been released.
Gotcha.

These issues are with the game and battle log launcher and are entirely in the realm of dice/ea. if you stuck a disc into your console and it wouldn't launch you would have a hissy fit too.

akira28

How dare you criticize Dice/EA? They work so hard. So hard. You don't even care. Ungrateful gamers, so entitled. Hate you!
They slave over a hot computer to bring you patches, and you don't even appreciate it.

edit:
I dunno if others have encountered it, I've found the server browser sometimes gets stuck and will only display 20 or so servers. I've found if you clear out the settings and go to default, and then scroll down to load 100 or so servers, you can go back and change the filters to your spec and it will load more servers again. Of course the filter by number of players still seems a bit broken at times. I do wish they would fix their shit.

Skeyser

Lol, just got kicked for vulgar language. The only thing I said during the entire round was in squad chat after I got rpgd while repairing our tank : "Fuck he got me with the RPG".

What kind of nazi rule is this? Can't even say fuck in squad chat once?

DTKT

SMH. Dice just put out a 1 gig patch to try to balance and improve the game that everyone has already paid for and you come with some dumbshit statement like this.

DICE takes a really long time to do anything. Then, if it breaks something, it takes even longer to actually fix it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DICE takes a really long time to do anything. Then, if it breaks something, it takes even longer to actually fix it.
Rapid fire balance patches might actually make things worse. Sometimes people just need some time to adjust.

The bugs are really unfortunate though, but for what it's worth, BF3 has been the smoothest PC experience I've had on AMD hardware in a long, long time.

Makoto

Lol, just got kicked for vulgar language. The only thing I said during the entire round was in squad chat after I got rpgd while repairing our tank : "Fuck he got me with the RPG".

What kind of nazi rule is this? Can't even say fuck in squad chat once?
Admins actually doing something? Where are these admins when some idiot spews racial garbage in the servers I play?

Top Bottom