• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

CatPee

Is there a fighter plane lesson?

I can't level up a jet fighter at all even with the flares for free in the patch. I aim perfectly at a tank, shooting at it until I reload, and even when I crash into the tank, it still lives.

Yet when I'm in a tank and get 5 shots into me by a fighter, I blow up.

I don't get it at all. I can't kill anything with it apart from some really long dogfights where I might get an assist from slightly nicking something in the air that's got 5 javs locked onto it.

Play Rush if you want to level up jets. Their MG fire will completely destroy a jet in seconds. CQ jets require Rocket Pods/Guided Missile (preferably the former) to do any damage against tanks.

JWong

Banned
Play Rush if you want to level up jets. Their MG fire will completely destroy a jet in seconds. CQ jets require Rocket Pods/Guided Missile (preferably the former) to do any damage against tanks.

Ah what the... didn't know they'd do different damage in different modes.

Donos

Is there a fighter plane lesson?

I can't level up a jet fighter at all even with the flares for free in the patch. I aim perfectly at a tank, shooting at it until I reload, and even when I crash into the tank, it still lives.

Yet when I'm in a tank and get 5 shots into me by a fighter, I blow up.

I don't get it at all. I can't kill anything with it apart from some really long dogfights where I might get an assist from slightly nicking something in the air that's got 5 javs locked onto it.
I got lucky with jet lvl up on caspian border. I layed mines as engi on the usual spots and destroyed two tanks while in a jet which got me 2lvls and flares+ rockets. I can fly pretty good with my joystick but hitting anything is still quite hard for me.

If you're talking about PC then I'd be down. I'm planning to play with someone tonight at 10 p.m. EST, but from what I've read it'll take some grinding to unlock all of the guns and I'll be home are ready to play well before 10.

How long should it take to unlock all of the co-op guns? Without spending $5, of course ;)

on what platform?

PC, I've been getting through them ok with randomers until I got to drop em like liquid. I'm in Europe so it's already 10pm here.

First guy shot the buses before he was told to 3 times in a row before realising he shouldn't do that.

Then when we got to embassy he shot the guy through the glass 3 times in a row before quitting.

Second guy, got past the buses the first time, but shot the guy through the glass at the embassy. Second time he shot the buses before he was told, third time he shot the guy through the glass again, then quit.

How can people be so retarded? And why on earth can I not talk to them?

PC, I've been getting through them ok with randomers until I got to drop em like liquid. I'm in Europe so it's already 10pm here.

First guy shot the buses before he was told to 3 times in a row before realising he shouldn't do that.

Then when we got to embassy he shot the guy through the glass 3 times in a row before quitting.

Second guy, got past the buses the first time, but shot the guy through the glass at the embassy. Second time he shot the buses before he was told, third time he shot the guy through the glass again, then quit.

oh boy... that mission... does the PC version have achievements? cuz it's even worse trying to get achievements.

Skeyser

5dIVv.png

What?

This game is loaded with hackers, it seems like every damn game I see playerH8498 was banned for Aimbot/Multi-hack... in my 3 weeks of playing I have ran into more hackers in this game than OLD ASS COD4 which I was playing for the last 8 months and that game isn't updated anymore......just now there was a Aimbot under the name LTtrimjob...

scogoth

This game is loaded with hackers, it seems like every damn game I see playerH8498 was banned for Aimbot/Multi-hack... in my 3 weeks of playing I have ran into more hackers in this game than OLD ASS COD4 which I was playing for the last 8 months and that game isn't updated anymore......just now there was a Aimbot under the name LTtrimjob...

Everytime you see a pbstream ban that doesn't mean it's on your server, pbstream displays bans of players from all servers to all serves that run it. That notification you see is global from all players currently playing on servers that run pbstream.

Everytime you see a pbstream ban that doesn't mean it's on your server, pbstream displays bans of players from all servers to all serves that run it. That notification you see is global from all players currently playing on servers that run pbstream.

ah didn't know that, but it's crazy how many damn people hack, i don't understand the desire to hack....

Skeyser

It says player X was banned on every servers that stream PBBans or something. 99% chance when you see that message the guy wasn't on your server.

Edit : Beaten lol

Donos

didn't do the coop missions yet. i'm in yurop (germany) so we can try it sometime. I think i'm not retarded but let's see :) (i now already know: don't shoot the busses before they tell you so :)
Donos_de is my id
I usually on after 19:00.

The funniest kill I have had playing this game, happen today, I am hiding in a corner on Metro, I was typing, and this player runs into the same corner to hide and didn't see me, so I quickly hit escape and knifed his ass lol, lol i wish i had that recorded....

Biff

It took me 5 different co-op partners to beat this goddamn mission.

I finally beat it by training my last teammate like a dog. Everytime he'd shoot before he should, I'd knife him 4 or 5 times upon respawn. NO! BAD DOG!

He finally let me do the entire mission on my own. Followed me with his tail between his legs while I cleaned up all the sniper segments.

No chat in co-op is retarded... One of the worst decisions I have ever seen in online gaming, period. I love DICE but I'd like to punch the co-op designer in the stomach for that decision.

Divius

Just found out the AN94, my favorite weapon from BFBC2, was buffed in the latest patch, sooooo I gave it a spin today and it is pretty awesome awesome again.

sidenote: I am getting more and more pissed off at the suppression system and how unfair it is. If my aim is good and I hit the enemy I damage him, then he shoots at me, misses, and my screen gets blurry as shit while he is not suppressed but did just get a few bullets in him(!). Why the fuck am I getting punished for shots he misses? /rant

docbon

I've been having some lmg fun time with the rpk-74m. here are my findings:

Dropping infinite 5.45x39mm WP rounds encased in teamwork and suppression from hundreds of meters away with little reload time oh my god the rpk is zeus in a gun.

10/10 gun would shoot again.

Enjoying the new patch. Recoil on the LMG is so good. I shouldn't really like it since I'm generally the guy who sits there and sprays buildings with it, but I like it. Makes the gun feel powerful.

Just found out the AN94, my favorite weapon from BFBC2, was buffed in the latest patch, sooooo I gave it a spin today and it is pretty awesome awesome again.

sidenote: I am getting more and more pissed off at the suppression system and how unfair it is. If my aim is good and I hit the enemy I damage him, then he shoots at me, misses, and my screen gets blurry as shit while he is not suppressed but did just get a few bullets in him(!). Why the fuck am I getting punished for shots he misses? /rant

Because if he was hitting you, you'd be dead. It's a trade-off. And every bullet carries a bit of suppression with it, it's just the LMGs spray more. Select the anti-suppression "perk." I've been playing a lot of Suppression lately, and I don't get many direct kills (except for when I just squeeze off a couple shots or if a squad stupidly tries to rush at me), but I'm helping my team by clearing a path for them to leap-frog to the objective (that is, if they realize that's what I've done).

Divius

Because if he was hitting you, you'd be dead. It's a trade-off.
I would rather lose a one-on-one gunbattle fair and square and get killed then see my screen go all blurry which makes my bullets spread meters apart. I really hope they will reduce it in the upcoming patch OR v (see below)

Select the anti-suppression "perk."
This is indeed something I should look into, but I keep forgetting OR am in a squad where squadbro's have specializations I don't want. When I'm assault I need that extra ammo since, well, you can't always trust on teammates to throw down ammo and I run out quite often. And when I'm support I need extra explosives, because I'd rather stick 4 C4 on a tank and have a spare then put 3 on there and maybe not even get the destroy. But yeah, I should give anti-suppresion spec a try.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I would rather lose a one-on-one gunbattle fair and square and get killed then see my screen go all blurry which makes my bullets spread meters apart. I really hope they will reduce it in the upcoming patch OR v (see below)

This is indeed something I should look into, but I keep forgetting OR am in a squad where squadbro's have specializations I don't want. When I'm assault I need that extra ammo since, well, you can't always trust on teammates to throw down ammo and I run out quite often. And when I'm support I need extra explosives, because I'd rather stick 4 C4 on a tank and have a spare then put 3 on there and maybe not even get the destroy. But yeah, I should give anti-suppresion spec a try.
Losing a gunbattle when someone sprays full auto in your general direction? Sounds like CoD. We'll probably see more of that in the CQC DLC.

I do think they should tone down suppression on non LMGs, because it waters down the support class. Suppression and ammo supply is their job.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Then play Call of Duty. This game isn't about one on one gunbattles, it's about firesquad based firefights, and that's what people seem to forget.

I was packing the M60 earlier in the week playing Caspian. I was shooting a guy only about 10 meters away, across the road on the hilltop. For a good two seconds and 30+ rounds, I had my RDS right on this guy, but only one or two rounds actually hit. In the meantime, I was watching sparks fly all around him showing where the bullets were actually going. After that time, a friendly came up and shot the guy in the face since he was sort of preoccupied with me. 66 kill assist + 50 suppression assist. The guns in this game are NOT laser rifles, they're firearms. Every shot in every gun is not going to hit its mark like magic. If that's how you were supposed to play, then pretty much every beltfed LMG would be useless because there's so much spread even ADS. You literally cannot use the M240B outside of 15m without being supported, there's just so much kick, but the tradeoff is that it heavily suppresses the enemy so that you have the time for your team to come in or to kill the guy despite your spread.

Suppression makes sense because this game isn't about winning or losing "fair and square", it's about tactical advance and movement and doing your best to make the fight between you and other players completely unfair. What's fair about an assault vs. a tank? Nothing, that's why you have Engineers with SMAWs and RPG7s.

I love suppression but the random spread is stupid. I would rather it be like Red Orchestra 2 where you "flinch" when being shot. Or add in some ADS sway which makes it hard to keep on target. Of course that takes extra work while random spread is easy to implement.

not really, it can't be that hard for them to convert and exaggerate the sway that's already coded in when you use the IRNV or 7x and higher scopes. they could do it!

shouts

Neo Member
Then play Call of Duty. This game isn't about one on one gunbattles, it's about firesquad based firefights, and that's what people seem to forget.

I was packing the M60 earlier in the week playing Caspian. I was shooting a guy only about 10 meters away, across the road on the hilltop. For a good two seconds and 30+ rounds, I had my RDS right on this guy, but only one or two rounds actually hit.

Learn to lead your shots maybe? Wow...

If you fire 30+ rounds on a dude 10 meters away from you, hitting only two shots while not even being under fire yourself, then you need to upgrade your aiming skills.

Skeyser

Most guns are pretty close to being lasers actually, at least at reasonable ranges.

Obviously if you fire full auto they become pretty inaccurate, but in controlled bursts you can easily hit targets up to 100 meters.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Learn to lead your shots maybe? Wow...

If you fire 30+ rounds on a dude 10 meters away from you, hitting only two shots while not even being under fire yourself, then you need to upgrade your aiming skills.

He was standing still, and the RDS was right on him. This is the reality of the game, you do not get laser accuracy, you get slowly degrading accuracy. It's how this sort of game works. It's not my aim, it's the game, and you must learn to play within and with the rules. If you want to headshot a guy with an L96 who's firing on you with an M60, CoD is definitely the way to go with that. If you want to advance on a heavily dug in position by using squad tactics, that's BF3, and one of those tactics is suppression. Learn to deal.

I play this game like CoD, I rarely play vehicle maps, I play conquest on Metro and Bazaar, found a server that does infantry only for Grand, TDM on Siene Crossing and Canals, only time I play Caspien or Firestorm is when I have a squad of friends and we on TS3, otherwise I DON'T pub vehicle maps, NEVER..

Skeyser

He was standing still, and the RDS was right on him. This is the reality of the game, you do not get laser accuracy, you get slowly degrading accuracy. It's how this sort of game works. It's not my aim, it's the game, and you must learn to play within and with the rules. If you want to headshot a guy with an L96 who's firing on you with an M60, CoD is definitely the way to go with that. If you want to advance on a heavily dug in position by using squad tactics, that's BF3, and one of those tactics is suppression. Learn to deal.

Dude, if you can't hit a standing target at 10 meters with an M60...

Divius

I find this offensive ;)

I obviously know BF3 isn't about one on one gunfights, but they are still in there.

Divius

Do you not get any new Conquest Winner ribbons after x599?

edit: I also just died 37 times in a single round, feelsbadman. I kept sacrificing myself, in the hopes my team would push. Result:
NOPE

shouts

Neo Member

If he wasn't moving its even worse. Aim at his stomach to anticipate the recoil, draw your gun downwards to negate the kick, fire with controlled bursts.

It's sad because it's people like you who obviously needs to get better at aiming that love the suppression and all its effects.

Ugh, I think this game's scoring mechanics really hurt it. Nothing like trying to do the objectives and getting a horrible score because all the unlock hunters want only kills and thus refuse to help you.

Donos

Ugh, I think this game's scoring mechanics really hurt it. Nothing like trying to do the objectives and getting a horrible score because all the unlock hunters want only kills and thus refuse to help you.

I still like the TF2 approach with the scoring list.

Dakar

Banned
Nothing will help you notice everything about the game that you hate faster than having a run of bad luck. Like how every time you spawn on a radio beacon it seems to have you face a wall, rather than an open area, and no matter which way you orient it, there's nothing you can do about it. Or how the beacon is way too moody about being placed, even when you're just trying to place it where you just spawned.

Is it me, or did they revise some of the flag zones in Conquest? Specifically, it looks like B flag in metro no longer starts at the first set of escalators (coming from Rus spawn), but I've seen a lot "flickering" where it looks like I'll be momentarily taking a flag as I pass through areas where I think they used to be part of zone.

I kind of agree that they went a little overboard with the surpression mechanic. They need to tone it down to about halfway between what it is and what it was and it'll be fine. It gets a little ridiculous when you and your opponent are standing 20 meters away from each other, blasting away yet constantly missing.

vaelic

Banned
DICE think 99 % are happy with patch

@gustavhalling good.Now please do something about the patch.1% people are happy,99% people are really lalalalaed with it.Listen to the community

@FRANKO_CRO Turn those numbers around and you are correct my sir. Vocal minority. The maor part of the patch is fine but with smaller issues

https://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/188184301525929985 [twitter.com]
(copy n paste link if not working)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347971946118/

Top Bottom