• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

You know, I cancelled that 680 I ordered because it was kind of an impulse purchase. I want to wait for the 4 gig model. Do you guys think that a AMD Phenom 2 x4 975 would be too much of a bottleneck for the 680?

Honestly, it might. But it really depends on the game. For Battlefield 3, probably not.

hey BattlefieldGAF, I'm having some weird problems with my game that I didn't have pre-patch (and didn't have the first day of the patch, either).

1. the return of stuttering. I'm not running Crossfire so I honestly don't know what's causing it. Very frustrating, makes it hard to play.

2. my mouse sensitivity feels like it's being tuned for a gamepad, but I have no controllers plugged in. As of last night, my inputs have felt really weird - moving the mouse up and down yields way faster movement than side to side. Combined with the stuttering, my game is pretty hard to play right now. :(

I'm running the game on mostly medium settings on a rig with a Radeon 6850 and a Phenom II X4 965. Any idea what's causing this stuff?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, I think it's the end of times, Butterstick was no only playing sniper today... he said he was ENJOYING it. D:

Uncertain times we live in... Uncertain times...

Is there a reason to not think that is coming? Basically the article you linked says nothing about pieces being left out so I am wondering why you are assuming so?

Just preparing for the worst. All articles related to it seem to have DICE specifically saying "New for PS3!" with no mention of upcoming 360 functionality. I'd like to assume it's coming to 360 but...

That is a stupid video because it's Metro 64. Metro has NOTHING to do with real gameplay and tactics. Of course suppression is broken on there... EVERYTHING is broken on Metro.

Nah, it's a stupid video because he would have had about 40 team kills if he wasn't playing on the baby server.

Skeyser

I am Skill 675! Who here can best me, mortals?

What does Skill mean?

I don't know how it works, but it's extremely fluctuating

BnX5w.png

I like the drop from 750 to 280 within a day :lol

hey BattlefieldGAF, I'm having some weird problems with my game that I didn't have pre-patch (and didn't have the first day of the patch, either).

1. the return of stuttering. I'm not running Crossfire so I honestly don't know what's causing it. Very frustrating, makes it hard to play.

2. my mouse sensitivity feels like it's being tuned for a gamepad, but I have no controllers plugged in. As of last night, my inputs have felt really weird - moving the mouse up and down yields way faster movement than side to side. Combined with the stuttering, my game is pretty hard to play right now. :(

I'm running the game on mostly medium settings on a rig with a Radeon 6850 and a Phenom II X4 965. Any idea what's causing this stuff?

Does anyone have any suggestions/links? This is still messing with my game, even though I'm running at a pretty constant 40-50fps.

Biff

BnX5w.png

Whoa, small world. I played you in a server for a few hours a couple days ago I think. You destroyed me round after round. I remember your name because everytime you killed me I was forced to think of Bruce Willis.

We must now be nemesises on GAF as well. Sorry brah.

That's a cool site. Although for me it says there's not enough data to plot a graph. I've never notice it fluctuate like you are saying though. Every time I look at it it's roughly in the same spot - and been creeping up slowly. I wonder if what they report on Battlelog is just an average of all those graph points.

My skill is ranked 7008 (2%). Interesting.

Top 94% for Revives Per Assault Minute. So, basically, fuck you guys.

Biff

Did Battlelog always list the M16A3 as an M16A4? Am I going crazy? I could have sworn it used to be called the M16A3...

scogoth

I am Skill 675! Who here can best me, mortals?

What does Skill mean?

Skill is a relative measure of your player based on who you kill and who kills you.

EG. you skill is 675 and you kill someone who is 700, your skill goes up. If someone who is skill 500 kills you your skill goes down.

Its not a very good metric at all because someone who camps 6 miles away and get 2 kills a round is very high skill. So are vehicles drivers. Yet someone who caps all the point go 40 and 26 may only be 400 skill

Gui_PT

Man, can't wait to try this patch..that's going to have to be patched already.. You know, because it's ridiculously stupid

Martian

I'm not entirely sure if this is the place where to post this: But since a month or two, I've been getting some serious lag issues when playing online (CO-OP is fine).

It starts out smooth as a baby's bottom, but after 20 or so minutes ingame, the game starts lagging like crazy. My gun dissapears and appears again, the sound lags like a badly tuned radio and the latency is through the roof.
I've tried switching from Wi-Fi to cable, going down to Medium quality(even though it should be able to run at High), turning off Vsync etc.
Does anyone has a solution to this problem, or is it unfixable?

Spl1nter

I'm not entirely sure if this is the place where to post this: But since a month or two, I've been getting some serious lag issues when playing online (CO-OP is fine).

It starts out smooth as a baby's bottom, but after 20 or so minutes ingame, the game starts lagging like crazy. My gun dissapears and appears again, the sound lags like a badly tuned radio and the latency is through the roof.
I've tried switching from Wi-Fi to cable, going down to Medium quality(even though it should be able to run at High), turning off Vsync etc.
Does anyone has a solution to this problem, or is it unfixable?

Sounds more like a hardware issue than network connection.

ThankeeSai

Just downloaded patch for this on 360.

HUD bobbing appears to have been removed?

Might just have been because I was on a paid server. Can anyone confirm if this happens on DISE servers too?

Absolute pain in the arse if they have removed this...Won't do my plasma any good at all :(

Seanspeed

Banned
Just downloaded patch for this on 360.

HUD bobbing appears to have been removed?

Might just have been because I was on a paid server. Can anyone confirm if this happens on DISE servers too?

Absolute pain in the arse if they have removed this...Won't do my plasma any good at all :(

Unless you're playing for like 12 hours at a time, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Maybe a bit of image retention, but it'll go away.

ThankeeSai

Unless you're playing for like 12 hours at a time, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Maybe a bit of image retention, but it'll go away.

Yeah, I suppose so but ever since I had screen burn on an LCD hdtv (yes, an LCD one), I'm ultra paranoid about screen burn.

I just don't understand why they have removed it : /

Xbox prompted me for an update, but the patch im downloading is 157 meg rather than a gig. Does it download the full 1 gig over different updates?

Top Bottom