• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Dice/EA is pathetic dev, I have played many FPS and only once has the server browser been down, this is the third time the server browser crash, EA and Dice can go fuck themselves....

I'm getting a can't connet to ea SERVERS error. If i didn't enjoy the game so much I'd destroy my disk and never buy another ea/dice product again. But saldy i love the game with all my heart. Its clear they got in to deep by making a product this good and can't keep it with keeping it running smooth.

Dream big EA/dice.

Moaradin

I just can't get battlelog to work. It's only showing 3 full servers when I know there is more than that.

QFb3F.png

Anyone know how to fix this?

akira28

I just can't get battlelog to work. It's only showing 3 full servers when I know there is more than that.

Anyone know how to fix this?

You have to clear out the filter settings, clear out your browser cache, reload the page, then redo the filter with the regions closest to yours, and you can even choose the maps, but leave the game size and free slots sections clear. Then save the settings and keep scrolling to the bottom of the page to refresh the number of servers found until it stops adding servers. When I do this I get at least 15-20 full servers and others with free slots. The server filter seems to be broken.

Divius

And your videos are boring. :|
I kinda agree with this :p your video's are not that great, the music makes them even worse. But whatever, keep em coming. Can only lead to improvements, right?

- less annoying music
- cut out the boring parts

Moaradin

Since my battlelog is completely broken, can someone find a popular server with these settings for me please?

Squad Leader Spawn only: Yes
3D spotting: No
normal health and damage values
show hud

Basically, a normal server with those custom servers. I don't want to play hardcore but I don't want 3D spotting and SL spawning as well. Surely there must be a good server like that =/

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Come on guys the crazy Afracan rap ain't so bad it adds some style to my videos. Im no pro Eather I just hit the record key before jumping into a situations hoping for the best possible outcome.

Another problem is msiafterburner doesn't seem to record.. That's why I just fire a random non copyrighted track over the top.

Cramoss

Just bought this and it's really cool and all but I hate having to launch the game from a browser.

Is there any way to "fix" this?

Divius

This round was so awful. We were winning from the very start, although they constantly held E and were pushing for B and D with cooperating tanks. The battles were pretty great and intense, but after a while it looked like my entire team thought "oh hey, we are winning time to pull out the good ol' sniperrifle". Tickets might have been 250-100 at this time.

They fucking crushed us. We were pushed back to spawn and were being baseraped while our tickets decreased rapidly. I jet-taxi'd to E/jeeped to D and capped them a few times but it was no use. Like skeyser, I want to give kudo's to diablo460 for following me everywhere and help me cap (although he was not very much use otherwise :p)

Once people start sniping from their homebase you are truly fucked. I start cursing at my team (as I do) trying to get them to push forward, all they do is tell me to stop whining. Awesome.

shouts

Neo Member
Just bought this and it's really cool and all but I hate having to launch the game from a browser.

Is there any way to "fix" this?

Launch the game and then close the browser if you like. Other than that there is no other way to start the game.

shouts

Neo Member
I forget what the patch notes said, but is there a disadvantage to having a bipod equipped, like a decrease in hip accuracy or anything?

I'm almost certain that is not the case. They made a fix so that you can deploy the bipod with a button of your own choice instead of righ mouse button. That's all they did i think.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hmm, antenna just blew up on caspian, since when was this possible again? And how does it happen ?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Long time ago, it was either the first or second patch. Tickets need to bee all the way down to 10-30 and it self destructs lol.

Oh, goes to show how long I've been away from bf3 lol...

also, I'm godawful at this game :(

shouts

Neo Member
I've changed my opinion about Close Quarters, it isn't a DLC with massive maps and vehicles but nonetheless there are people that will enjoy it. I think this will especially be welcomed by players on consoles as there isn't a possibility for 64 players from the beginning, the difference from 24 to 16 players isn't as big as 64 to 16.

If DICE wants to please all different types of players with different map packs, then why should it be a bad thing?

Yeah I didn't post that because it looks horrible

Even though that map looks like a direct knock off of a Modern Warfare map I don't think it looks horrible. I'll probably enjoy it for the same reason I loved Karkand and Jalalabad in BF2, and enjoy Karkand (and occasionally Metro now) in BF3...I don't like flying.

Gui_PT

Enjoy a stupidly tight map with nothing but tiny corridors and passageways

I bet you'll love the taste of shotgun campers

That map looks insane. So pumped for the expansion.

I'm surprised there is so much backlash. If you don't like these particular maps, then don't play/buy them, and the next expansion sounds like it'll be a bigger scale more "traditional" BF experience. Win win for everyone.

Variety is a good thing.

Overdoziz

Banned
That map looks insane. So pumped for the expansion.

I'm surprised there is so much backlash. If you don't like these particular maps, then don't play/buy them, and the next expansion sounds like it'll be a bigger scale more "traditional" BF experience. Win win for everyone.

Variety is a good thing.
Time spend on making Close Quarters maps is time not spend making good maps.

I wish the CQC maps (well, we haven't seen all of them...) at least looked visually interesting. Donya looks utterly boring and bland. The first one shown is only slightly better.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I get the dissatisfaction with the direction of the expansion, but I really don't get the comparisons to Metro. Metro 64 is a clusterfuck because there are exactly three choke points which are easily covered by about a third of the team, sometimes less. Because the map is so linear, it becomes easy to just shoot in one direction and hold back an entire team. Close Quarters seems completely antithetical to this sort of approach. The maps are much more varied in movement and approach, meaning that you're open to attack from multiple points that can't possibly all be covered. Instead, success in this game will come with successfully predicting player flow on a smaller (but faster) scale than say, Caspian 64. Of course it looks chaotic though, the trailer was cut to reflect that and dice wants to focus on it. Sounds great for my 16 player server!

In either case, it looks like we have our weapon list.

Assault:
Steyr AUG A3
FN SCAR-L

Engineer:
Bushmaster ACW-R
Tavor MTAR-21

Support:
L86A1 LSW
ATK LSAT

Recon:
H&K M417
MKEK Bora JNG-90

All-Kit
H&K MP5K
Franchi SPAS-12

Good to see the MP5 does make it in, but it's kind of disappointing that it's the super-short K variant and not a full sized A3 or A2 along the lines of the UMP. Oh well, all the same. If there's no other reason to get the expansion, these weapons are pretty freaking awesome...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I hope we don't have to jump through some shitty hoops to get the weapons.

the only question is "will teh hoops be better or worse than B2k assignments"

They've already confirmed more Assignments, I think :-| Would be surprised if they weren't for unlocks.
Honestly, they'll probably all be CQC related, like get x amount of MASS kills or get y amount of suppression assists or z amount of knife kills.

All I know is that I'm gonna be getting all of them. Gotta shoot em all. :3

Facism

BORA JNG-90 :O

Was wondering if we were ever going to see more indiginous Turkish arms/armour in Battlefield after BC2's Cobra.

I think my brother would have preferred the KNT-308 instead of the JNG, and it might have tickled thesek's desire for the GOL.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So I played Battlefield 3 for the first time tonight in a couple months and was shocked by how laggy/choppy it was online. I purchased the game at release and played it for a good two or three months after that, and it was always SEAMLESS. I've never experienced choppiness like this. Could it be the latest patch? Could it be my card? Checked my temps during gameplay and they were fine, made sure my drivers are up to date... I don't know what else I can do. Anyone have ANY idea what may have transpired in those two months I didn't play the game and didn't change the settings or anything that could possibly make it perform so poorly?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's the servers and this is typical Battlefield. EA/DICE needs to be bitch slapped to where they maintain the server for a week before they get laggy again and then we have to continuously bitch for them to fix it.

In either case, it looks like we have our weapon list.

Assault:
Steyr AUG A3
FN SCAR-L

Engineer:
Bushmaster ACW-R
Tavor MTAR-21

Support:
L86A1 LSW
ATK LSAT

Recon:
H&K M417
MKEK Bora JNG-90

All-Kit
H&K MP5K
Franchi SPAS-12

No GOL Sniper Magnum. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. *shakes fist*

I'll get it for the SPAS-12, and yes I am part of the problem. No, I can't care because damn it the guns give me +200 in unlocks every 25 kills really. Helps speed the ranking up to 100 Colonel up.

MP5 will also be good if my BFF FN P90 wasn't already in the game for all kits.

Also the SCAR-L will be the new FAMAS. I can feel it.

Top Bottom