• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Donos

Fuck Tehran

Wrong tab? you are on the gaming side ;P

I have to say that i didn't play half of the maps till now. Was the same with TF2. Once i found a few good maps i stayed with them... till i found Orange Maps and got stuck on them (i know, shame on me)

Divius

I play Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Kharg Island and to a lesser degree Noshar Canals, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand and some Gulf of Oman. All 64p Concquest (assault) with 1000+ tickets. This is Battlefield to me. Still not bored with it, playing daily.

I seldom touch the other maps; I hate Metro and Seinne with a passion (although I have not played Seinne in months, maybe I should give it a go again), Damavand usually ends up a spamfest in those corridors of death around C. Tehran is a map I don't really like but don't hate either, the reason I don't play it is because it isn't in rotation in any of my favorite servers.

Also I think Wake Island does not work in BF3. Loved it in BF1942 but haven't had a single fun round in BF3 with it so far.

spidye

Seine has the perfect size for consoles. it feels more like a battlefield than caspian border or kharg. the 24 player cap kills all the big maps.
metro can die in a fire, though

Oops I forgot Darvamand. Fuck that map. It's Mountain Metro, although its awesome on Rush.

Sienne is an awesome map, except for when a team gets spawntrapped.

I haven't played Tehran since November.

I used to like Firestorm a lot but I think it's one of the lesser maps in the game now. Shitty use of the real estate, you've got this big area but all the points are relatively close together.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm so happy. Finally got the game running great buy setting my CPU/GPU back to stock clocks.

So good.

So what's the PC community like these days?

PC community seems to be pretty strong still. GAF community is a mixed bag. I play once, maybe twice a week (Monday is community night) but others play more often. We usually get around 6-10 people to play together on community night.

I only ever play Engineer, but wanted to try out this M26 madness thingy, so I thought I'd buy the unlock, try it out and then go back to Engineering. Except I bought it, and the weapons are unlocked in Battlelog, but not in game? I know "you're essentially cheating", etc., but I'm hardly ever going to use it, it was out of curiosity more than anything, and I'd really like to know how to fix it. Thanks!

Donos

I only ever play Engineer, but wanted to try out this M26 madness thingy, so I thought I'd buy the unlock, try it out and then go back to Engineering. Except I bought it, and the weapons are unlocked in Battlelog, but not in game? I know "you're essentially cheating", etc., but I'm hardly ever going to use it, it was out of curiosity more than anything, and I'd really like to know how to fix it. Thanks!

BF3 GAF will hunt you down :)

contact EA support!

Dart: completely fucking broken. But at this point I'll take any incentive for people not to play Engineer.

seriously, i' shot up to 520 kills already on PS3... then i stopped using it yesterday.

Skeyser

Man, the 93R is freaking amazing. If you guys haven't tried it yet, give it a shot. 25 dmg, 900 RPM. It's basically a pocket AEK.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
My goal today is to unlock the Javlin. Gonna be hard because i only usually play as a medic.

Divius

SirButterstick are you fucking kidding me ಠ_ಠ
ijVgnSkLdphO9.jpg

Divius

I don't get it - is it the award themselves or the fact it indicates he played for something like 10 hours straight?
No the awards. There's 3 servicestars for complete tours of duty with jets @@

I should join him sometime to witness his godlike skills in the air, don't think we have ever played together.

Aw stop, yer making me blush :)

The thing with planes is that it's a mind game. The biggest mistake I see new pilots making is that they make poor decisions. And there are still guys out there who kick my ass.

For example, if you engage another plane, DON'T BREAK OFF AFTER ONE PASS. You're dead if you do!

shouts

Neo Member
If no problems are reported by the RSPs, then the companies will gradually roll it out over the next few days, starting at 10:00 UTC on Thursday Apr 19th.

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds (This is the much wanted heatseaker fix)
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
* RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
* A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
* RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
* RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

/ Praise the lawd

Martian

I keep not getting any points if I die, the second after arming an MCOM.
The same goes for when an MCOM blows up.
It sucks, I mean it's not a lot of points, but in rush 600 points sure helps.
Does anyone else have this?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If no problems are reported by the RSPs, then the companies will gradually roll it out over the next few days, starting at 10:00 UTC on Thursday Apr 19th.

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds (This is the much wanted heatseaker fix)
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
* RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
* A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
* RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
* RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

/ Praise the lawd
No word on the M26. Weird.

Spl1nter

Took back my rightful spm lead. Damn you butters making me play. Also instant vehicle spawn servers can go suck a fucking dick.

Top Bottom