• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

DTKT

They've already confirmed more Assignments, I think :-| Would be surprised if they weren't for unlocks.

I think someone mentioned something about changing how assignments worked compared to Karkand. For example, they wouldn't require something like mortar/claymore kills.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Also the SCAR-L will be the new FAMAS. I can feel it.

The FN SCAR series of weapons only fires at 600 RPM. I expect them to bump it to 650, which would match the AUG (unless they upped that to 700). But yeah, only gun looking to go FAMAS on us is the ACW-R, which fires up to 950 RPM. Chances are they're going for 900.

hellclerk

I'm talking damage and control more than fire rate.

Well, since it's a 5.56 gun, it wouldn't be any different than an American AK-74M. There will be plenty of control, but damage isn't that impressive, especially at close range with the low ROF. The ROF was what made the FAMAS the crazy gun, not the damage. What we're getting here are two rock solid ARs that will likely be very controllable and accurate at range. Heck, even the LSAT and L86A1 are pretty slow firing.

Now what's REALLY gonna go broken are the Engineer guns. The ACR-W sounds like it's firing AT LEAST at 850rpm. More likely 900. The MTAR-21 fires at anything from 750-900rpm and will likely fall in the 750-850 range from what it sounds like in the video. There's gonna be some fast firing carbines which will be amazing for CQB. Those, the SPAS-12 and the 900rpm MP5K are the CQC guns, and appropriately so, but the ARs and LMGs for this next expansion are all gonna be pretty conservative.

shouts

Neo Member
Well, since it's a 5.56 gun, it wouldn't be any different than an American AK-74M. There will be plenty of control, but damage isn't that impressive, especially at close range with the low ROF. The ROF was what made the FAMAS the crazy gun, not the damage. What we're getting here are two rock solid ARs that will likely be very controllable and accurate at range. Heck, even the LSAT and L86A1 are pretty slow firing.

Now what's REALLY gonna go broken are the Engineer guns. The ACR-W sounds like it's firing AT LEAST at 850rpm. More likely 900. The MTAR-21 fires at anything from 750-900rpm and will likely fall in the 750-850 range from what it sounds like in the video. There's gonna be some fast firing carbines which will be amazing for CQB. Those, the SPAS-12 and the 900rpm MP5K are the CQC guns, and appropriately so, but the ARs and LMGs for this next expansion are all gonna be pretty conservative.

I don't think you should worry too much about the carbines because the Assault Rifles will always be better in almost all aspects. I don't think there is a risk for a new Famas type of gun (very high rof with manageable recoil).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

And...?

SCAR-L in CoD or Ghost Recon has been extremely good. I doubt the damage isn't going to be poor enough for it not to rock peoples faces off.

And...?

SCAR-L in CoD or Ghost Recon has been extremely good. I doubt the damage isn't going to be poor enough for it not to rock peoples faces off.

I think he's saying that, since the round determines the damage (basically) per shot, and it's 5.56, it's not going to be any stronger than the other 5.56 weapons. They'll probably keep the real world ROF, too. I think it will be a weaker, but lower recoil version of the SCAR-H. Also remember that it will have 30 rounds vs SCAR-H's 20.

Don't mean to brag, but I finally did it:

z7Exf.png

I can mostly attribute this to the G3A3 buff

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yeah I didn't post that because it looks horrible
CQC looks hot to death. In fact, from an A/V perspective, I think it might have the best firefights in gaming. You are all being salty haters.

That said, it would have been smarter to combine the Armored and CQC pack. The multiplayer community is going to be splintered into pieces.

hellclerk

And...?

See:
I think he's saying that, since the round determines the damage (basically) per shot, and it's 5.56, it's not going to be any stronger than the other 5.56 weapons. They'll probably keep the real world ROF, too. I think it will be a weaker, but lower recoil version of the SCAR-H. Also remember that it will have 30 rounds vs SCAR-H's 20.

BF3's damage model is based on the round rather than the gun. Other games, like CoD and Ghost Recon and even earlier battlefield games work on a gun-by-gun basis for balance, so they're not as predictable as BF3's guns are. Since they're holding pretty close to IRL specs, we can roughly guess how hard a gun is going to hit and how it handles just by looking at the round and the fire rate. There are two unknowns, however. And those are the M417 (could go like a normal semi-auto sniper or the way of the SKS) and the LSAT (different ammo type, caseless or telescoped polymer cases)

Where are people seeing the SCAR L at? All I saw was the SCAR H. I still can't find it or the MP5K or the M417.
Aside from one of the kill-feeds in the previous trailer, it shows up being used 1:20 in, just before that silenced MP7. If you pause it RIGHT before it goes ADS, you can see what it looks like in first person. The M417 shows up at 1:05 being held by the sniper and it shows up for just a split second in the kill feed at the start of the silenced MP7 footage at 1:22

CQC looks hot to death. In fact, from an A/V perspective, I think it might have the best firefights in gaming. You are all being salty haters.

That said, it would have been smarter to combine the Armored and CQC pack. The multiplayer community is going to be splintered into pieces.

I'm not so sure. I think this will help to keep the communities together. Console gamers will buy the CQC, and PC gamers will buy the armored pack. I appreciate Dice for not mixing the armored map pack up with maps I don't want and I'm not going to play.

It also makes sense for the CQC to come out first. Console gamers are a little faster to drop a game without new content and game sales on consoles have a shorter tail than PC. And just by the nature of the larger maps being larger and probably needing more work this gives Dice more time to work on them for all 3 systems.

I'm not so sure. I think this will help to keep the communities together. Console gamers will buy the CQC, and PC gamers will buy the armored pack. I appreciate Dice for not mixing the armored map pack up with maps I don't want and I'm not going to play.

It also makes sense for the CQC to come out first. Console gamers are a little faster to drop a game without new content and game sales on consoles have a shorter tail than PC. And just by the nature of the larger maps being larger and probably needing more work this gives Dice more time to work on them for all 3 systems.
i guess you have hotline access to the silent majority of console gamers, because the vocal minority wants Armored Warfare more than Close Quarters.

Divius

Just played the worst gamemode on the worst map with the worst people. (Team DM/Noshar/Shotgun abusers). It really saddens me to see players with like rank 3 play that, that's not the proper way to enjoy Battlefield as a a newbie. I want to take them by the hand and guide them into glorious dynamic conquest games with tanks and jets and choppers!

Just played the worst gamemode on the worst map with the worst people. (Team DM/Noshar/Shotgun abusers). It really saddens me to see players with like rank 3 play that, that's not the proper way to enjoy Battlefield as a a newbie. I want to take them by the hand and guide them into glorious dynamic conquest games with tanks and jets and choppers!

sorry, nope, the worst map/mode combo is *squad* deathmatch on seine crossing.

TheSeks

Deathmatch on Canals isn't bad. In fact, it can be somewhat therapeutic after terrible Pro Mode rounds.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm looking forward to the new maps. I just hope that there's plenty of playlists that have them mixed up with other maps. I really dont like players that JUST do the big maps, or JUST do the small maps, or JUST do Karkand, or JUST do whatever.

i guess you have hotline access to the silent majority of console gamers, because the vocal minority wants Armored Warfare more than Close Quarters.

Come on men. We both know who this CQC map pack is directed at. The COD crowd. COD multi isnt really that big a deal on PC. Whenever the newest installment comes out it gets near the top of the steam games list, then hangs around in the top 10 steam games for a few more months, then disappears.

TheSeks

Come on men. We both know who this CQC map pack is directed at. The COD crowd. COD multi isnt really that big a deal on PC. Whenever the newest installment comes out it gets near the top of the steam games list, then hangs around in the top 10 steam games for a few more months, then disappears.

Not Battlefield vets that were playing Bad Company 1 when CoD4 was all the rage, that's for sure.

hellclerk

Also, something I forgot to mention. The MP5K can be seen carried by at least one assault during the JN-90 sniping starting at 0:43. Pause it the instant after he gets hit and you can see the MP5K fly. The assault is carrying the LSAT too.

I'm looking forward to the new maps. I just hope that there's plenty of playlists that have them mixed up with other maps. I really dont like players that JUST do the big maps, or JUST do the small maps, or JUST do Karkand, or JUST do whatever.
Well, sometimes there's really no choice, but these new maps and game modes have given me new reason to renew my server. Right now I'm just running it on 24/7 Canals TDM, and while it plays nicely, I hardly ever get any playing on it since I don't really feel the need to get my weapons leveled anymore. :p

Did you play any specific game types to "boost" your rank quicker?
No gametypes, no life either. Only ungodly skill. :p

Aren't the Close Quarter maps 8 v 8?

That's not going to work in a playlist with the other maps.

hellclerk

Squad Rus--
*No Rush mode supported*
--HAHAHAHAHA. OH WOW.jpg

I'm still missing where people are getting that there won't be rush mode on these maps. Sure, they're not nearly as big (or linear) as the vanillia and B2K rush maps, but they're pretty damned vertical, so fitting in a compact, 3 objective rush mode designed for 16 players shouldn't be much trouble. Actually, I think it would be really freak'n awesome.

Jas

I'm still missing where people are getting that there won't be rush mode on these maps. Sure, they're not nearly as big (or linear) as the vanillia and B2K rush maps, but they're pretty damned vertical, so fitting in a compact, 3 objective rush mode designed for 16 players shouldn't be much trouble. Actually, I think it would be really freak'n awesome.

While HD Destruction has a significant impact on how you experience the second-to-second gameplay, we also had to tackle the challenges of bringing our tried and tested game modes to the smaller scale. We understood quickly that Rush, being a large and progressive mode that takes you on a journey from M-COM to M-COM, simply wouldn’t fit physically. So instead, we turned our attention to Conquest. How could we tailor this essential Battlefield game mode to fit our new type of environment?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/bringing-battlefield-into-close-quarters/

Top Bottom