• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Kibbles

Hey I'll be joining the Master Race soon, was just wondering if there are any deals on the Limited Edition for PC out there. I see it's still $60 on Origin. :S

Rumor has it that there is a premium service coming to BF3

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/new-dlc-content-service-and-double-xp-weekend.5418/

Some notable things form the article...

We've got some exclusive (unofficial, but from a very reliable source) news and some new dates for you all. It looks like EA/DICE is rolling out a premium content service, and are also planning to drop 5th expansion after their previously announced End Game DLC. In addition, there will be a DOUBLE XP WEEKEND this weekend, May 12th - 14th!

Battlefield™ Premium will land you a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else. First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalization options.

Donos

PC players: Apologies for delay in your 2XP event. To give you a full weekend as planned, we're rescheduling this for May 26-27

Fuck that -_- , had the whole day free for some double XP goodness.

Tawpgun

hahaha my party was just talking about that last night... how the stationary launchers sucked and how they were good in bad company and how they had a variety.. stationary machine guns, grenade launchers, etc...

Even the stationary machine guns were better in BC. I don't use any stationary shit in BF3.

Kibbles

Is there a GAF favorite FXAA injector for this game?
[edit] Nvm forgot about that SMAA which is supposedly a lot better than FXAA :eek:

Donos

Well second time i have a monster round and the damn server disconnects me.... killed 8 people in short succession at Fuel Station (E) on Caspian and somewhere on the map 2 tanks sucked my mines + kills at this moment - 2 seconds after this freeze and disconnect. 38:14 and still 300 tickets left so this would have been atleast >10000 points round :(
Wanted to rage hard but my gf was lying in my bed so i only made a silent vadernoooooo with hands in the sky.

Glad you can hit jets again.
Is there a ETA for the Vehicle/big map DLC? Or

btw can anyone help me with COOP Missions on HARD on PS3.

I have a headset we can arrange someone and play.

** Just wanted to add that I Just reached level 45 on PS3... no its nothing to celebrate about but I just wanted to mention the utter SHIT this game is. Now shottys' can shoot from half the map and even after disabling AA I notice there is definitely input lag compared to the xbox version.

I am glab I am done with this game.

Well second time i have a monster round and the damn server disconnects me.... killed 8 people in short succession at Fuel Station (E) on Caspian and somewhere on the map 2 tanks sucked my mines + kills at this moment - 2 seconds after this freeze and disconnect. 38:14 and still 300 tickets left so this would have been atleast >10000 points round :(
Wanted to rage hard but my gf was lying in my bed so i only made a silent vadernoooooo with hands in the sky.

Glad you can hit jets again.
Is there a ETA for the Vehicle/big map DLC? Or

Had this happen to me a 2 weeks ago, I was on a rampage with the M1014, first time using it too, I was at 97 kills had so much unlock and the server crash didn't play the game for 2 days after that I was so fucking angry, the next time I played when i got the extended mag i quit the game in fear it might crash lol....

Donos

Had this happen to me a 2 weeks ago, I was on a rampage with the M1014, first time using it too, I was at 97 kills had so much unlock and the server crash didn't play the game for 2 days after that I was so fucking angry, the next time I played when i got the extended mag i quit the game in fear it might crash lol....

:lol. That's sounds even worse. I would have woken up my gf to show her my angry rage dance.

So, October ? -_-

Kibbles

<Nevermind>

[edit] Wow FML fuck Amazon, I got sold an Asia-Pacific version. It was never specified in the product description.

Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 appear on CVs

So my Battlefield 3 in from Amazon today (no ESRB rating on PC Games?), can I use the discs to put the game on my laptop and play for a while until my new computer arrives and install it on that one as well? The ownership of the game is tied to my EA Account, like Steam, right? Just want to make sure before I do something wrong and waste it on my shitty laptop with all the weird DRM crap in PC Gaming.

[edit] Wow FML fuck Amazon, I got sold an Asia-Pacific version. It was never specified in the product description.

was it shipped and sold by Amazon or was it from a 3rd party seller?

Kibbles

Mirror's Edge 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 appear on CVs

was it shipped and sold by Amazon or was it from a 3rd party seller?

It was shipped by Amazon Prime in 2 days, and was the default PC version that came up when selecting it from Amazon games. Now looking though, it was fulfilled by Amazon, but sold from "Nintendo AC Adapters". I'm just pissed if this means I have to do all that language pack installation crap everytime there is a patch. Considering it cost nearly $50 and was Prime, I thought I was buying a legit NA copy so I didn't have to jump through all those hoops. The language is all english on the case and installation instructions though...

Looks like the premium service is true, although it seems more like a seasons pass.

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/bf3-premium-service-is-no-rumor.5503/

Eh, Dice knows they have my money already without any resistance from me. Hopefully it'll only be around $50, but know EA, I'm putting a bet on $69.99, which isn't too bad for 5 expansions at $15 each.

Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.

5?

I thought there was only going to be 4?

abracadaver

I just created an origin account. At least I wanted to but I can't login because it says my password is incorrect. The password I chose a few seconds ago.
It doesnt send me an email when I request my login details either. wtfisthisshitpicard.jpg

What am I supposed to do now ??

Did I already get an origin account by playing battlefield 3 on xbox live ?

Nabs

I just created an origin account. At least I wanted to but I can't login because it says my password is incorrect. The password I chose a few seconds ago.
It doesnt send me an email when I request my login details either. wtfisthisshitpicard.jpg

What am I supposed to do now ??

Did I already get an origin account by playing battlefield 3 on xbox live ?

Your Origin account is your EA account, so yeah, you should already have one.

abracadaver

You are right. Thanks.

I tried again by using my email and now it worked. Seems like it created an account for me years ago when I played skate on xbox live.

Can you change your nickname in battlefield 3 or do you have to play with your origin id ?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
They announced a 5th a few days ago, but no details on it.

20 new maps over the next few months sounds good, but why are they taking so long?

Really? I didn't see that... Well, that certainly makes things more interesting. I might go for it if the perks are good enough. I was planning on getting all the expansions anyway.

They announced a 5th a few days ago, but no details on it.

20 new maps over the next few months sounds good, but why are they taking so long?

More maps for money and no fixes, lol, Dart is broken PoS, suppression needs to be fix, a Dice dev went on record and said they broke suppression, the hit detection in this game is pathetic... these 3 things need to be fix before another DLC is released...

DICE/EA is just following the leader, CoD dev don't fix shit and they have a successful game, why should we fix anything...Dice new motto..

More maps for money and no fixes, lol, Dart is broken PoS, suppression needs to be fix, a Dice dev went on record and said they broke suppression, the hit detection in this game is pathetic... these 3 things need to be fix before another DLC is released...

DICE/EA is just following the leader, CoD dev don't fix shit and they have a successful game, why should we fix anything...Dice new motto..

Well, they should of never released this game for consoles, as their patch certification process sounds like a pain in the ass. I do agree with you about getting the Dart fixed, but the suppression mechanic doesn't bother me. And I think the hit detection is the best in the business.

CatPee

Is this the cheapest place to get the game for pc atm without resorting to a russian key site?

Keep an eye out on Amazon for disc copies. Got mine for $34 after shipping and only had to spend a third of the time that I would've spent downloading it for the update if I had gotten PCDD. :D

Heysoos

If I get banned from a 360 server, does it not show on my history? Little baby owner got mad because I didn't let him snipe after I set up with my light machine gun. :lol Oh and his rules stated: "No shotguns", yet he himself was using a DAO12 with frag rounds. Fucking babies.

Well, they should of never released this game for consoles, as their patch certification process sounds like a pain in the ass. I do agree with you about getting the Dart fixed, but the suppression mechanic doesn't bother me. And I think the hit detection is the best in the business.

Best in the business? lol dice hit detection is laughable, getting shot, run for cover, 2 seconds later even though am behind a fucking wall bullets are still hitting me, dice hit detection=shit.....and please don't tell me that's lag, I ping 7 on my fav server.....

If I get banned from a 360 server, does it not show on my history? Little baby owner got mad because I didn't let him snipe after I set up with my light machine gun. :lol Oh and his rules stated: "No shotguns", yet he himself was using a DAO12 with frag rounds. Fucking babies.
no, it doesn't say anything about bans in your history. and yeah, rules, lol.

Best in the business? lol dice hit detection is laughable, getting shot, run for cover, 2 seconds later even though am behind a fucking wall bullets are still hitting me, dice hit detection=shit.....and please don't tell me that's lag, I ping 7 on my fav server.....

unless your claim is that people are shooting you thru walls, nothing you said has to do with hit detection... maybe you don't like their motion compensation/prediction?

MrBig

Keep an eye out on Amazon for disc copies. Got mine for $34 after shipping and only had to spend a third of the time that I would've spent downloading it for the update if I had gotten PCDD. :D

Amazon currently has the physical copy for $42. I don't need it now, and have FiOS, are the origin sales common enough that I could wait and see if there is a physical sale somewhere? Pretty ridiculous that he game still sells for $60 this long after launch.

Also, is DLC tied to your origin account? I have B2K on 360 and would like to not have to pay for it again. Hopefully the season pass model they have coming up is reasonably priced :)lol)

Top Bottom