• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Maybe Windows 7 is more stable?

I have over 7 hours of game time, and less than 5 crashes/disconnects total. My experience has been near-flawless, a server with rubber-banding here and there. Not much more.

The most annoying thing so far has been no server queues. So many people are having problems that I feel weird that it's running so well. I keep expecting it to crash or disconnect all the time, but nothing ever happens.

I'm a server-jumper, though, I quit after every game and join a different server. That could be it.

My quit rate is 11%, seems pretty decent.

Sethos

Banned
Maybe Windows 7 is more stable?

I have over 7 hours of game time, and less than 5 crashes total. My experience has been near-flawless, a server with rubber-banding here and there. Not much more.

Nothing to do with OS. I'm on 8 and I have had one crash which was when the building fell on Shanghai. Most of my problems stem from server disconnects which most people are experiencing.

So after finishing the campaign all
three times I'm pretty surprised that Pak never betrayed you. This seemed to be foreshadowed from tip to tail of the game. He's the first character you meet, not two minutes into the game, and he starts it by pulling a gun on you and saying he almost shot you. The entire time Irish throws suspicion at Hannah and ever the diplomat, Pak urges everyone to just get along like the slimy little manipulator he is. It's later revealed that he's a recent addition to the team, and then he feigns his own death when you are captured by the Chinese, revealing only when you make it back to the Valhalla that he's still alive, without any explanation whatsoever of how he lived, escaped capture by the Chinese, and returned to the ship. He shows no relief to see Hannah alive, if anything giving her a very cold reunion. Finally, and most damning, when you, Hannah, and Irish decide to take a RHIB to destroy Chang's destroyer, Pak quietly excuses himself from the mission, again, without explanation, and hands you a box of faulty demo charges, before returning to Jin Jie's side. The entire game seemed to be building up to Pak being Chang's last card and killing or making an attempt on Jin Jie's life after the destroyer was sunk, and then it just ended, abruptly, after the destruction of the destroyer.
Am I crazy, or did they amputate the game's finale?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, getting to the classic medikit is going to take forever even with 2XP. :/ I've got the Ammobox, RPG-7, but I have to wade through 4 stuff, 3 of which are useless to me to get the medikit. :/

Damn... So much bugs!

I reckon I'd be level 20 now instead of level 10 if I didn't get getting DC'd

It's funny as well, I can constantly score in the top 3 with a negative k/d ratio. I like that. That's BF.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm trying to play Battlefield with a keyboard and mouse and I'm finding it impossible. I'd much rather a controller but it's not ideal against KB/M players, nor is it properly supported.

I'm not gonna rebuy Battlefield on console like I did with BF3. I'm just gonna give up.

sirap

I'm trying to play Battlefield with a keyboard and mouse and I'm finding it impossible. I'd much rather a controller but it's not ideal against KB/M players, nor is it properly supported.

I'm not gonna rebuy Battlefield on console like I did with BF3. I'm just gonna give up.

How do you even snipe with a controller? @_@

dont-stop-picture-quote.jpg

Don't give up, it'll pay off in the end.

Something else inspirational.

Seriously though, you'll get the hang of it, it's a bit of learning curver, but once you get it, you'll hate having to go back to a controller.

I've come to a conclusion, Rush is simply not suitable for Battlefield games anymore unless playing on smaller servers. It was a fun mode made with the limitations of 24 players in mind but with 64 players in a server playing Rush it just turns into a random shootfest with no strategy.

I came to this conclusion long ago. Rush sound entertaining in theory, but the way the maps are designed it really needs to be for 24p or under. I just got done playing a round of 32p Resort Rush and it was f'ing horrible. Whoever designed that map needs to be dragged out back and shot. The attackers have this vary narrow lane of entry over open ground and no armor to support them. Like shooting fish in a barrel - which is a lot of what Rush is.

About to jump on and play on PC. Using the Mumble too if any of you are interested. Quote this post and the mumble info will magically appear in an email tag.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

It takes a while to adjust, just like it would going from keyboard to controller.

Keep at it. Do the training range until you have a feel of the controls.

Leb

So, this stability patch certainly seems to have decreased stability a bit. My quit rate is edging up to 40%, but I have yet to actually explicitly quit more than a handful of games since I've started playing.

What seems odd is that the beta was totally stable, just with shit fps, while this... great fps, but I finish maybe 1 map in 2.

Heysoos

So, this stability patch certainly seems to have decreased stability a bit. My quit rate is edging up to 40%, but I have yet to actually explicitly quit more than a handful of games since I've started playing.

What seems odd is that the beta was totally stable, just with shit fps, while this... great fps, but I finish maybe 1 map in 2.

Wait so the game is actually counting those as quits? Because if it's doing that, that's fucked up, it's literally the only stat it's keeping then. :/ :lol

Some spots are near impossible to Attack on Rush, I almost feel sorry for the other team at times. I don't think I ever felt like certain areas were impossible to Attack/Defend in BC1/BC2.

Zavod 311 is the worst BF map I have played.

Definitely a bottom-tier BF map. It just doesn't have much going for it.

Xyber

Wait so the game is actually counting those as quits? Because if it's doing that, that's fucked up, it's literally the only stat it's keeping then. :/ :lol

All stats you had are saved when the match is over, even if you crash. It's only lost on server crash.

I've been playing some with the shotgun om Domination for like 2 hours now. That first shotgun feels so great that I don't even want to try the next one. :p

All stats you had are saved when the match is over, even if you crash. It's only lost on server crash.

I've been playing some with the shotgun om Domination for like 2 hours now. That first shotgun feels so great that I don't even want to try the next one. :p

Oh you need to. The 870 feels so great in this game.

Sethos

Banned

No, they are not. Every single match I've crashed out of haven't saved my stats, no matter how long I've waited. Multiple times have I ranked up to the same rank, purely because it didn't save my result. I know it did in BF3 but it works differently now, apparently.

No, they are not. Every single match I've crashed out of haven't saved my stats, no matter how long I've waited. Multiple times have I ranked up to the same rank, purely because it didn't save my result. I know it did in BF3 but it works differently now, apparently.

Sometimes you crash out because your client crashed or was disconnected. In these cases, you keep your progress. Some3times you crash out because the server reset and disconnected everyone. In this case, you don't.

At least, that's how it's seemed to me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Completed the single player and honestly I quite enjoyed it surprisingly, especially after Battlefield 3s 'campaign'. It won't win any awards and the story is as minimal as they come but it says a lot for how good the combat is that I didn't really get bored shooting AI mans plus of course it looks stunning. I guess being able to change weapons often helps as well as I like to mix things up.

Unfortunately after finishing the campaign it hasn't updated the battlelog and it still says I'm on mission 1 incomplete. It better give me my weapon unlocks for multi when I play it over the weekend or I'll be pissed.

Leb

Sometimes you crash out because your client crashed or was disconnected. In these cases, you keep your progress. Some3times you crash out because the server reset and disconnected everyone. In this case, you don't.

This is accurate. So long as the server itself doesn't crash, your stats will be updated when the match ends. Lately, though, I've been having games where my client crashes, I rejoin the server, and then the server crashes.

I keep unlocking the same weapons and attachments over and over again. Good times all around.

Completed the single player and honestly I quite enjoyed it surprisingly, especially after Battlefield 3s 'campaign'. It won't win any awards and the story is as minimal as they come but it says a lot for how good the combat is that I didn't really get bored shooting AI mans plus of course it looks stunning. I guess being able to change weapons often helps as well as I like to mix things up.

Unfortunately after finishing the campaign it hasn't updated the battlelog and it still says I'm on mission 1 incomplete. It better give me my weapon unlocks for multi when I play it over the weekend or I'll be pissed.

Mine didn't update until after I joined a MP game.

Sethos

Banned

This is accurate. So long as the server itself doesn't crash, your stats will be updated when the match ends. Lately, though, I've been having games where my client crashes, I rejoin the server, and then the server crashes.

No, that's not always true. 10-15 times I've been disconnected from a server randomly and can see it's still running however when the server rotates my stats don't update, I don't get a battle report, my stats are gone.

Leb

No, that's not always true. 10-15 times I've been disconnected from a server randomly and can see it's still running however when the server rotates my stats don't update, I don't get a battle report, my stats are gone.

Well, to be sure, who really knows with Swedish engineering... but are you certain that the server didn't crash at some point between your disconnect and the next map rotation?

Over at Fragnet, server operators are reporting, if anything, an increased number of crashes on the R3 code and today, I've noticed some sort of new phenomenon where the server instantly empties itself, remains on the same map, allows players to instantly reconnect but never uploads a battle report for the first phantom match. That's happened multiple times today and I've no idea what to make of that one.

Sethos

Banned
Well, to be sure, who really knows with Swedish engineering... but are you certain that the server didn't crash at some point between your disconnect and the next map rotation?

Over at Fragnet, server operators are reporting, if anything, an increased number of crashes on the R3 code and today, I've noticed some sort of new phenomenon where the server instantly empties itself, remains on the same map, allows players to instantly reconnect but never uploads a battle report for the first phantom match. That's happened multiple times today and I've no idea what to make of that one.

I'm 1200% certain as I was able to join some of these servers after my disconnect. I have seen servers go down, they disappear from the server list or don't update when you refresh.

2955059549880616009.png

I was inspired off an emblem I saw on reddit. Decided to make it a ninja turtle theme. Looks awesome on the side of tanks and the back of choppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom