• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

i don't know why i put myself through that complete piece of shit singleplayer campaign. We had half-life over 10 years ago, is this the best a heavyweight franchise can pull?

What a waste of resources that could have been put into more multiplayer maps

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Pretty obvious it was gonna happen after seeing the layout map a few months back. far to linear with a big circle area right in the middle

First time I played the map for real, almost gave me a heart attack when I was approaching the doorway on the bottom floor at the start of the round, was like an airstrike barrage of nukes went off at once on the floor above, the screen was shaking so bad and explosions were clipping through the ceiling...
How many of the maps are linear like that?

The only one so far in my experience.

antitrop

i don't know why i put myself through that complete piece of shit singleplayer campaign. We had half-life over 10 years ago, is this the best a heavyweight franchise can pull?

What a waste of resources that could have been put into more multiplayer maps

Bad Company 1 campaign was fantastic, DICE has shown they're clearly capable.

It's so baffling why they choose to copy CoD, and do it so poorly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goddamn it, DICE. Fix the freezing. :(

EAIGN"ITWASALLADREAM".gif photoshopped to where the IGN logo is the DICE logo.

Tabby

Op locker is nothing like metro. There are a million ways to flank the enemy.

I don't know man, in my experience it's exactly like Metro.
I was playing it on Obliteration just before and match lasted for ages, just a back and forth with the two teams stuck in 1 way corridors.

Haven't had a round last longer than 10 minutes yet, constant crashing and audio loop freezing

Quick question, can I open all my battlepacks and then use whatever I want from each? Or if I open one and then open another will it erase the first one? I know you can't stack stuff like XP boosts

GodofWine

Can't you just switch over to the other team yourself whenever there's a spot open? Takes 30 seconds at most to get on my friends teams when playing it seems, always someone who disconnect or something even if it's full.

Not sure if the auto balancing is for the same round though, I'm usually impatient and just try to do it manually.

Yea, I think you can.

I havent seen anyone complain about it splitting up a squad after a match, so that it a good thing.

RS4-

Haven't played it yet, but it looks like there's 2?

I think people forget that Metro had a couple little alternate routes as well.

Locker has the outside path that has 4 entry points, underground tunnels that go through the mid point, and walls that are destroyed to create more points of entry on the main floor.

Metro had what, 2 sets of escalators and the side stairwell near the lockers? when you reach the godawful chokepoint in the middle.

Metro is just bad all sorts of ways.

TheSeks

No there wasn't. The biggest issue with Metro was that the chokepoint at B was either "stairs which will be covered" or "hallway that is stairs that will be covered."

The "backdoor" second stairs that led the third set B didn't change this.

Animator

No it didn't. There are way more than two routes to advance. Map is huge and not a corridor like metro.

It is a bad map for obliteration though since that narrows action to a very small part of the map.

TheSeks

Yeah, I don't like Defuse. Don't know where people are half the time and get shot in the back because the maps are WAYYY smaller than Rush or Obliteration.

Lockon

Operation locker is kinda fun right now bc not many ppl use the underground tunnel. Get down, pop up on the other side of the map, run back to the choke points, and you see bunch of other teams. Easy kills. I got 5-10 kills each time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Locker has the outside path that has 4 entry points, underground tunnels that go through the mid point, and walls that are destroyed to create more points of entry on the main floor.

Metro had what, 2 sets of escalators and the side stairwell near the lockers? when you reach the godawful chokepoint in the middle.

Metro is just bad all sorts of ways.
Good to hear. I was just going by footage and looking at the map. Like I said, I haven't played it yet.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Reworked my Emblem a bit from this morning, much better, I think. Took all 40 Layers:

nMRbxcn.png

Is there way to Copy/Paste layers? Would really help with the Latitude Lines, as they aren't consistent.

Pretty cool. How did you get to use 40 layers? (edit: nvm, I see that you need to have premium)
Here's one of my attempts at copying the Navy's air test squadron VX-4.
IEzf1IT.jpg

Aerocrane

I guess I have been lucky with crashes since the game itself has crashed only twice, and the servers I've played on have crashed only once.

I was considering playing as engineer to get the carbines unlocked since I was struggling with the LMGs, but I unlocked the LSAT tonight and that thing is incredibly accurate. It might be closest to the laserbeams like M416 when it comes to LMGs. I really like using it, and don't see myself moving on to carbines or assault rifles for a while.

I very much enjoyed the showdown that was streamed today.

Round 2, Obliteration, was fantastic.

The run from Europe (at 4.55), in the buggy leading to a crescendo of excitement from the commentator was the highlight for me.

Jumping on the emblem sharing bandwagon. Since they took away my favorite "Goodbye Kitty" dogtag from BF3, decided to make this:
2955063048047755007.png

Don't think I'd have enough layers to make a proper full body soldier version, even with premium. The outlines and fill eat up so many layers.

Aerocrane

Here is my emblem
iegsGfTCzdXdc.PNG

Bits of the red star used for the explosion effect are cut off, but I can't be bothered to realign everything again.

Facism

you know i was really taking some time to get into the mp. I hated Support because the type100 wankbank and 88 are total dogshit.

Then i unlocked the m249. DELICIOUS. Just need to unlock C4 and i can roll my demoman class from BF3.

Sethos

Banned
Joined a game of Obliteration late and saved a 5-minute copy with ShadowPlay, which turned out to be exactly the length of the match. So figured I'd upload it for fun, show off the LSAT a bit. A quick 10 - 0 match. Pretty boring stuff though.

Also, massive fail on my part @ 4:00. I generally can't throw grenades for shit.

Oh and ShadowPlay records what you are listening to, so my 'mood' music got recorded too :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQ0x-3Ar_M

Heysoos

you know i was really taking some time to get into the mp. I hated Support because the type100 wankbank and 88 are total dogshit.

Then i unlocked the m249. DELICIOUS. Just need to unlock C4 and i can roll my demoman class from BF3.

Yep. LSAT is pretty good too. Enjoying both immensely.

Finished the campaign. This is SUCH a gorgeous level. Please tell me one of the multiplayer maps has a similar time of day in a heavily forested setting with tons of grass....

10616727536_de3703888b_o.jpg

antitrop

Joined a game of Obliteration late and saved a 5-minute copy with ShadowPlay, which turned out to be exactly the length of the match. So figured I'd upload it for fun, show off the LSAT a bit. A quick 10 - 0 match. Pretty boring stuff though.

Also, massive fail on my part @ 4:00. I generally can't throw grenades for shit.

Oh and ShadowPlay records what you are listening to, so my 'mood' music got recorded too :p

Good video, I enjoyed it. Nice shooting, nice grenade.

i0qShNRTFNOq1.gif

HariKari

Went 16-2, got kicked for 'spawn killing' in a 50 player TDM server, then an admin from the server adds me. He says they have a dirty screenshot and I'm now banned from hundreds of servers, not realizing that I've been an admin before and know that's simply not possible. I check PBBans and nothing is there, of course, so this guy just proceeds to spam my battlelog with harassment, swearing up and down that he has a dirty screenshot of me but refuses to make it public (PB streams do this for you).

I really hate how just anyone can have their own server now and create this bullshit. It won't be a problem for a lot of people but this sort of thing is tiresome for high level players.

How do you use the airburst? I can't figure out how your supposed to lock onto a range for the burst effect

There was nothing fantastic about BC1's campaign, it was shit upon when it came out so heavily and now because of the CoD style they went, folks suddenly got on some odd nostalgia trip where BC1 had an awesome sp campaign.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

After seeing that video i'm pretty sure something is fucked up with my settings. I don't know what it is but somehow the controls feel clunky and heavy ...the movement is just weird. Anyone know what triggers that?

Kunohara

After seeing that video i'm pretty sure something is fucked up with my settings. I don't know what it is but somehow the controls feel clunky and heavy ...the movement is just weird. Anyone know what triggers that?

Are you talking about when you start sprinting, and it seems to take a bit for your guy to start running? If so, I seem to be getting that as well. Watching that guys video and how he sprinted instantly made me think about how I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom