• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nearly to the RPG-7. Thank you 1st Week 2XP Bonus code, making unlocking these kit items less a chore and making me powerful in the long run. :D

antitrop

There was nothing fantastic about BC1's campaign, it was shit upon when it came out so heavily and now because of the CoD style they went, folks suddenly got on some odd nostalgia trip where BC1 had an awesome sp campaign.
Maybe 'fantastic' is a little too forgiving, but it was definitely good.

Looking back on Metacritic, I don't necessarily agree with your memory. Reactions to the SP campaign on that one seem mixed, a bit closer to positive (emphasis on the sense of humor).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-bad-company/critic-reviews

The reaction to the game between my friends and I at the time was definitely "Campaign was short and funny, pretty good, multiplayer is disappointing compared to Battlefield 2.", then we went back to playing Call of Duty 4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are you talking about when you start sprinting, and it seems to take a bit for your guy to start running? If so, I seem to be getting that as well. Watching that guys video and how he sprinted instantly made me think about how I do it.

Yep exactly that.

Maybe 'fantastic' is a little too forgiving, but it was definitely good.

Looking back on Metacritic, I don't necessarily agree with your memory. Reactions to the SP campaign on that one seem mixed, a bit closer to positive (emphasis on the sense of humor).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-bad-company/critic-reviews

Im talking about the opinions on gaf were largely negative. The humor was the only aspect that was any good and that they did present a sandbox environment to the SP.

Joined a game of Obliteration late and saved a 5-minute copy with ShadowPlay, which turned out to be exactly the length of the match. So figured I'd upload it for fun, show off the LSAT a bit. A quick 10 - 0 match. Pretty boring stuff though.

Also, massive fail on my part @ 4:00. I generally can't throw grenades for shit.

Oh and ShadowPlay records what you are listening to, so my 'mood' music got recorded too :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwQ0x-3Ar_M

Nice video. Youtube quality even at 1080p looks really compressed. Sometimes it looked like you were shooting at slightly darker video artifacts.

That map looks really interesting though. I want your music playlist :p That added a lot more to the video, actually :)

antitrop

Im talking about the opinions on gaf were largely negative. The humor was the only aspect that was any good and that they did present a sandbox environment to the SP.
In hindsight, that may have been because CoD4 came out so close to it, setting such an insanely high bar.

When you look at Bad Company 1 compared to the entire generation of modern military shooters, it stands out. The genre has only gotten worse, as far as single player goes. At least it has interesting characters.

Other than Spec Ops: The Line, the Bad Company cast is the only military shooter crew I've really cared about this gen.

TheSeks

BC1 was clunky as hell. Even the campaign was clunky. I kinda like the CoD-ized focus in BC2 but it wasn't too amazing. Good thing they laser focused on the multiplayer for that though. Still haven't had a game since CoD4 and BC2 touch the fun of both of those.

Finished the campaign. This is SUCH a gorgeous level. Please tell me one of the multiplayer maps has a similar time of day in a heavily forested setting with tons of grass....

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5511/10616727536_de3703888b_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lighting reminds me of BC1.

Sethos

Banned
Nice video. Youtube quality even at 1080p looks really compressed. Sometimes it looked like you were shooting at slightly darker video artifacts.

That map looks really interesting though. I want your music playlist :p That added a lot more to the video, actually :)

I usually just YouTube "Epic Music Compilation", pick one and join a server.

cheezcake

Zavod is a great map. I went and refunded the game through Origin though, my GTX 570 just really wasn't handling multiplayer well at all.

Sethos

Banned
Just put on Two Steps From Hell :)

Oh I'm there, several times a day. Sometimes you just have to mix it up a bit.

pfQH0Zw.png

ZvSZQ8B.jpg

60" "Mini map"

Don't mind if I do.

BTW this is an awesome feature especially for conquest games.

Disregard all the bottle caps, I save them for cat toys.

Sethos

Banned
Are servers completely bonked for anyone tonight?

WE WILL START ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES. THE DEPLOY WILL START AT 08:00 CET. WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME.

antitrop

Is that a Razer Taipan in that pic up there?

I like your green-lit Black Widow. Mine was blue, but I'm using a Das Keyboard now after I spilled Red Bull in the BW.

a916

WE WILL START ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES. THE DEPLOY WILL START AT 08:00 CET. WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME.

Let's just say, being able to be disconnected from a game would be a giant improvement for me. I can't even get into a match before it tells me I've been "disconnected from EA online..."

Divus

Currently 2 for 7 tonight on servers. The only two I finished I didn't do so well.

Bit ticked at the last one. Was doing very well and had a number of unlocks I have been waiting on.

Wes

venison crêpe
Locker is not the "new Metro" but it is the closest to it. Infantry only with occasional narrow corridors/pathways before larger areas with multiple levels.

There are always 3 routes to progress further in a given direction. Stalemates can happen in a couple of locations though where 2 of these 3 routes can be covered by a defending team quickly reacting and moving around. That said these stalemates, at least in my experience thus far, last anything more than 5-8 minutes. In a 40 minute game they may happen twice. Again, just in my experience thusfar.

Most squads can be proactive about avoiding such stalemates by avoiding the mass and working quickly and fast down a side route.

Riggs

Banned
CapTNRiggz on origin. Add me mofos, this shit is too fun.

Game still crashing often right? Bleh hope they fix this shit.

a916

Fixed that Cannot connect to EA error. This worked for me:

"Open your cmd.exe (by typing cmd into the run box) then type ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’ without the quotes. "

Hey all!

PC player here. Loving this so far especially the "heavier" movement.

Its amazing what people are doing with emblems and of course penis everywhere.

My effort:

nOoblet16

I've come to a conclusion, Rush is simply not suitable for Battlefield games anymore unless playing on smaller servers. It was a fun mode made with the limitations of 24 players in mind but with 64 players in a server playing Rush it just turns into a random shootfest with no strategy.

Please tell me how you do this? i'll put the map on my 52" Plasma that's next to me! Is it real time?

Move your browser to whatever screen you want to see the map on. When you're in a server, battlelog gives you a "battlemap" (or something similar) button. It's real-time.

I've used that map on my other monitor several times, but I'm usually too distracted by what's going on to take my eyes off my game to look at a map. The minimap is still way more practical.

I can't get anywhere near my BF3 SPM in this game. I'm sure ribbons not counting towards XP at the moment are a big part of it but still, BF4 SPM = 334. BF3 SPM was 470. Frustrating me.

I only play Conquest Large.

TheSeks

DAT BOAT

So broken when beached and put in a good gunner spot. LMAO.

(We only lost because said beaching and couldn't spawn a boat last set. :()

Heysoos

:lol I love some people.

"Damn bro hold down the lmb(mouse button) some more"

lol what the fuck do you think I'm going to spend when there's a bunch of you camping in one spot the whole match over and over? Too bad my game crashed. Keep losing good games with level ups. Sigh.

Dave_6

The past ~1.5 hours I just spent with this was so frustrating it's makes me want to part my PC out and be done with this shit. Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom