• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Agreed. Coupled with the crappy MX4 I feel useless with the Engineer.

MX4 with Heavy Barrel and grip IIRC is nothing to sneeze at. It was pretty good in the beta, but barebones it's REALLY hard to use.

Why the heck do I like Zavod 311 so much?
my favorite battlefield maps in years and there isn't even anything that special about it.

does remind me of Bad Company for some reason.

Doikor

They're really not. From what I've played so far,Shanghai is decent and so is flood zone. Zavod, Locker,lancang and dawbreaker are all shitty

Agreed. Coupled with the crappy MX4 I feel useless with the Engineer.

I like Paracel Storm and Lancang the most. I guess Shangai is ok if you are into sniping or like flying the attack heli (no little bird or jets makes it less of a pain in the ass). And i really don't like flood zone. It's just a big terrible corridor like Zavod 311.

edit: And locker is clearly the worst. Its like metro in bf3 but worse (and I hated metro too...)

friday

I haven't played a lot today but no crashes so far. I have been sticking to 48 and 32 person servers, so that may have something to do with it. I like the m416, with the angled grip and compensator it is really accurate. I just unlocked the sar-21 so I am gonna test it out.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why can't I just have the RPG already? Sick of this default launcher they give you. Too damn weak.

It does have an advantage, once it is close to a target it will lock-on and do a top down attack like a Javelin, but without requiring you to do anything but point it vaguely in the direction of the target before firing. It works a lot like the Active Radar Missiles.

This makes it really good vs. copters, jeeps, atvs, inflatables.

Also has a really quick reload so while the damage isn't great you can stack it up pretty quick.

Sethos

Banned
Haha oh shit, was flying around on the server, Grizz joins and everything starts lagging. 5 minutes later, server takes a dump.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Anyone else getting horrible texture bugs on some maps? or am I the only one who's GPU is about to die?

The ACW-R feels like a laser beam for headshots.

Anyone else getting horrible texture bugs on some maps? or am I the only one who's GPU is about to die?

Sometimes when I jump in a chopper the panels and stuff are just like coloured static.

Gotta say though - Max Payne 3 is the only game that seems to make more use out of my cards than this. It's the only game that I can hear my cards fans rev up to 100% on... dat tessellation.

Just had the greatest moment in any video game ever. Shooting it out with a guy, and an exploding jet crashes right into him like five steps from me. It was fucking amazing.

I had a weird glitch earlier. Don't even know how to describe it other than it seemed like a layer of ground textures kept flashing in and out of reality really quick. It wouldn't go away when we changed maps even. Joining a different server fixed it, though.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just getting so many crashes now, fuck sake I can barely rank up at all. Think I'll leave it for the night. Hope DICE get this shit sorted soon.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just had the greatest moment in any video game ever. Shooting it out with a guy, and an exploding jet crashes right into him like five steps from me. It was fucking amazing.

Similar thing happened to me the other day. I was about to knife a sniper near one of the flags in Rogue Transmission, he was pretty high up but just as I was about to, a jet crashed into him. I'm laughing just typing this.

I had a weird glitch earlier. Don't even know how to describe it other than it seemed like a layer of ground textures kept flashing in and out of reality really quick. It wouldn't go away when we changed maps even. Joining a different server fixed it, though.

<<ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD 4 -- SHARE YOUR BATTLEFIELD MOMENT>>

Joke aside, it seems like all the best, epic "Battlefield" moments have something to do with infantry and jets/helicopters. Well at least for me and my friends at least

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A better man in my shoes would ask for a refund, because 80% of game I play are either plagued with borderline gameplay breaking lag and/or server crashes. 64 player Battlefield 4 is, as far as I'm concerned, fundamentally unfinished and broken. These aren't even the rough corners I expect from a game like this. It's so much worse.

I have no idea what it's like on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3, but I get the vibe that we're essentially beta testing 64 play stability for the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 build.

PatzCU

Came to complain about crashes, glad I'm not the only one. What a disappointment. Really loving the multiplayer so far and feel it's far more dynamic than BF3's. BF4 feels like Bad Company 2 and BF3 had a baby. The destruction is VASTLY improved over BF3 and the maps feel far less static.

Looking forward to actually playing this game once DICE gets their shit together.

vehn

Nearly to the classic Medipack... just need 3,000 more points or so. >_<

FUCK YOU DICE meanwhile for making this such a late-game unlock otherwise. If it wasn't for 2XP launch weekend bonus codes, I'd be completely mad about this unlock order since it'd take forever to get back to BC2/BF3 solider feeling.

Do you mean the medic bag?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
A better man in my shoes would ask for a refund, because 80% of game I play are either plagued with borderline gameplay breaking lag and/or server crashes. 64 player Battlefield 4 is, as far as I'm concerned, fundamentally unfinished and broken. These aren't even the rough corners I expect from a game like this. It's so much worse.

I have no idea what it's like on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3, but I get the vibe that we're essentially beta testing 64 play stability for the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 build.

Yikes. So, at this point, should I cancel the PS4 preorder and just stick with KZ at launch? Can't imagine they'll work any better on Next Gen....

JCV

Unconfirmed Member

I actually tried to get a refund from GreenmanGaming, but yeah it's against their ToS or whatever. And since I didn't buy it from Origin I can't ask EA for a refund. So I'm basically screwed.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yikes. So, at this point, should I cancel the PS4 preorder and just stick with KZ at launch? Can't imagine they'll work any better on Next Gen....

The lag, server crashes seem to be a very widespread issue on PC. Currently, my 360 version is working fine with minimal lag and crashes on servers. Obviously, it's a much much lower benchmark, but still. We can only wait and see for the next-gen consoles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Nah. The game is really great, better than Battlefield 3, and I'm confident the next gen builds will launch in a better state. Console stability always seems to be, on average, better than PC. Plus I'm sure the big issues will be ironed out quick enough. Probably.

It's just a shame to see so many really significant issues crop up in the full game, when none were present in the beta. I played a stupid amount of Siege of Shanghai and an overwhelming majority of matches I played were generally lag free and devoid of crashes and series bugs. Its worked well and played great. I can't even play that map in the full game because it crashes shortly into every match (tower fall irrelevant). At least two, maybe three maps have audio/lag bugs. Matches are plagued with lag. Servers crash, or I lose connection. And so on.

I actually tried to get a refund from GreenmanGaming, but yeah it's against their ToS or whatever. And since I didn't buy it from Origin I can't ask EA for a refund. So I'm basically screwed.

Yeah, that sucks. I don't actually want a refund since I'll stick with it, but I can totally see why others would. The game is busted more than the beta.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I'm finding this to be much worse than Battlefield 3s launch for me. I guess adding in the next gen machines took away the resources needed :/

Sethos

Banned
Quick update on the server, apparently a lot of servers took a massive dump and quite a few Fragnet servers are down for the count. They can't even be started right now.

Maybe tomorrow.

Hmm, Whenever I join a game and try to spawn on someone my PS3 freezes on me. I even rebuilt the PS3's database and it still freezes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
such a late-game unlock? you only need level 10 come on now...

If you're switching classes like I do it takes forever. It isn't a level 10 unlock, BTW. It's a class-kit unlock. And the class-kit set-ups are fucked. Why is the better stuff/old BF3 stuff hidden behind a bunch of crap that I don't really want.

The new medikits suck. Getting the classic back I've been raking in more points than EITHER of the new kits for assault or support.

battlefield_4_gif_7_by_dennisk4-d6ssrkx.gif

Whats your rig?

Can you play BF4 with the 200% Resolution Scale @ 60fps?

CHC

So is the campaign completely terrible? I hated Battlefield 3 but I'm just looking for an absent minded linear shoot-a-thon to put my 780 through the paces. Will this deliver te goods?

(For the record I like COD campaigns, Crysis 1 and 2, etc for what they are, so I can appreciate a good stupid shooter.)

Dubz

Solved my crashing and FPS issues by unparking my cores (Windows 7). Read about unparking your cores before you just go ahead and do it. It's a Windows 7 thing, and not 8. I am not a technophile, by any means, so take it all with a grain of salt. Google unparking cores....there's a wealth of info.

That being said I went from low/medium 60fps to high /ultra 60fps, and not one crash. Here's how you do it.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Set to "High Performance"

660TI 2GB RAM
8320 @ 3.5GHZ
8 GB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom