• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Everyone hates metro yet they create a new version of it for this game. So annoying, could have used the time to make a good map.

Not gonna do that when it was the "most popular map played in BF3" which is why it's coming.

I really wish they dropped it and ported Sharqi.

Caspian, Oman, Sharqi, and Firestorm. All that needed to be done.

and port Deconstruction so I could play it on PC finally. And port the BC2 maps over.

dmr87

Only been playing Single Player so far, looks insane and no crashes. Frostbite doing work, excited for future games like Dragon Age: Inquisition, graphics-wise at least.

Yuripaw

Banned
Sorry to ask this of you guys, but can anyone help point where the best deal might be for the PC version of this game? I feel like EA games are sometimes the hardest to find deals for.

I know the maps are better than vanilla BF3, but what's all your opinions? Talking just to PC players here.

Does anyone like/want more maps like B2K/Armored Kill?

Heysoos

So how exactly do I play with friends on PC? I remember I had a shitload of trouble doing this on BF3 PC. On 360 I make a party/squad in the main menu. Search for a game with enough openings and we're all sent into the game. Although sometimes we end up in different teams which sucks.

maneil99

I know the maps are better than vanilla BF3, but what's all your opinions? Talking just to PC players here.

Does anyone like/want more maps like B2K/Armored Kill?
More maps like Railway and Parcel. Too many medium size maps that are mediocre at veichle and infantry warfare.

Is there a reason why I seem to spawn so late during the initial game spawn on conquest?

By the time I am able to deploy, it seems everyone is already a mile away and starting to cap points. Never had this issue with BF3.

This is PC, btw.

maneil99

Is there a reason why I seem to spawn so late during the initial game spawn on conquest?

By the time I am able to deploy, it seems everyone is already a mile away and starting to cap points. Never had this issue with BF3.

This is PC, btw.
Same. I have a good pc. Loading times seem long thr first time a join a server though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

This is PC, btw.

SSD's lower the loading times. It seems DICE didn't work on optimizing the load times for non-SSD drives.

Xyber

I'm in love with shotguns, never really used them in BF3 but I decided to use the first one when leveling up support because that first LMG just sucks.

bf_by_xyberly-d6su9wc.gif

Red Comet

I finally start doing well in some matches only to have the servers crash or for the game itself to crash. UGH

I'm crashing every other game it seems. Which is really disappointing because I just upgraded my RAM today and the game overall runs much better.

Glad to see it's not just me. I get one of two different crash scenarios. Either the screen will freeze and the audio will loop and I have to Task Manager out of it or else it will just completely shut down and say "Battlefield has stopped working".

It has started crashing like crazy for me, was running flawlessly at launch.

I don't recall hardcore mode in BF3 having a delay between showing a blue marker on your allies. Pain in the ass.

One game I got killed more by my own team then the other side. I really hope they fix the delay.

It has started crashing like crazy for me, was running flawlessly at launch.

One game I got killed more by my own team then the other side. I really hope they fix the delay.

Yep. I now hesistate on shooting cause I never know who it is going to be. Good thing I play Assault so if I team kill I can quickly revive them.

Is it worth doing the SP campaign to unlock the weapons? Are they any good?

The rex is a pretty nice compliment to a short ranged primary, but it's an easy get. It unlocks by playing the first level. I'm not particularly attached to any of the other unlocks, even if the P90 and the M249 are iconic. Anything that's not the rex or a purely cosmetic alt knife requires beating the whole game. In short, I wouldn't play anything more than the first level if you don't want to play anything more than the first mission.

wowlace

The rex is a pretty nice compliment to a short ranged primary, but it's an easy get. It unlocks by playing the first level. I'm not particularly attached to any of the other unlocks, even if the P90 and the M249 are iconic. Anything that's not the rex or a purely cosmetic alt knife requires beating the whole game. In short, I wouldn't play anything more than the first level if you don't want to play anything more than the first mission.

Thanks, for the info.

So is the campaign completely terrible? I hated Battlefield 3 but I'm just looking for an absent minded linear shoot-a-thon to put my 780 through the paces. Will this deliver te goods?

(For the record I like COD campaigns, Crysis 1 and 2, etc for what they are, so I can appreciate a good stupid shooter.)

It will. The campaign was pretty short. Took around 5 hours for me.

AmyS

Dang, I really hope by the time I have a PC that can run BF4 that the major issues have largely been ironed out.

Facism

How did beta, that was solid as a rock go to this crap? I played for hours at a time on beta, and now I'm lucky if I can make it for one match.

the game is such a spammy mess of shit maps, shit netcode, shit hit detection.

I was honestly baffled at how they fucked it up and then i was told the guys who made MOH designed this.

derFeef

I feel like I am getting only killed by random shit and magic bullets... this is weird right now :/
No room for careful play with support like I always did, it's just getting murdered from all angles without seeing anyone.

Reckoner

I was honestly baffled at how they fucked it up and then i was told the guys who made MOH designed this.

Is that MOH part true?

Btw, I'm not having as much problems as you guys with crashes. Yes, it crashes, but after 2 or 3 games, which is still unacceptable.

wiggleb0t

Banned

Dunno why, I thought it was just shit netcode and server issues... Wouldn't the foundation for the game be the same only visual alterations due to new frostbite engine?
That said, if that was the case no idea why BF3 had no laggy server issues or unusual crash/disconnect now and again.
Hmmmmm

Dice are great yet soooooo shit when it comes to patches and fixing things.

Dibbs

Went into Test Range this morning and got this 3D mode shit. Is this a bug or can I turn it off somewhere? Tried to change some settings in options\video and then the game crashed. *sigh*

edit: lol, my GTX 670 had somehow turned on stereotropic 3D.......

Phinor

EA/DICE shooters have a long way to go before the singleplayer can be considered a strength. There's couple of things I really hate in shooter campaigns and perhaps the second worst offender of all (after infinite spawns) is spawning enemies so that you see them popping out of thing air. And guess what, Battlefield 4 still does that. It's not a great feeling when you see a clear road ahead and then an enemy tank spawns in the middle of it. Broken immersion and all that. It feels like the campaign is still in beta and the game is few months from being released. I wonder how taxing the next-gen versions were for the team especially considering the state of the multiplayer.

EVIL

I'm in love with shotguns, never really used them in BF3 but I decided to use the first one when leveling up support because that first LMG just sucks.

bf_by_xyberly-d6su9wc.gif
You should unlock the M249 by completing SP capaign
and choosing irish
(it wont show up unlocked in battlelog, but once you load up MP it should be there)
Its amazing!

I feel like I used to be really good at FPS shooters. In the days of UT, and then some of the games after that (CS and the like), then then COD4 and COD4 MW (don't know if that counts?) I used to top score all the time.

I played a hell of a lot of BF3 and I really like BF4 but I just can't seem to get a positive K/D ratio. I can't tell if my skill level in shooters has gone down or if it's just the game and it's really frustrating. I hate getting killed in the back and the sides, and I find it kind of hard to spot other players some times and I almost always lose in a face to face confrontation when I feel like I'm really spot on with my reaction time - ie; I shoot and hit them with half my mag as soon as I see them, yet they see me, hit me with two bullets and I die.

Is this just me or do other people seem to have this problem? I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It REALLY stands out for me in TDM and Domination. I score bottom tier nearly every map unless I play cheap and spam explosives. Generally the only way that I'm able to score high in this game is by driving tanks or by flying choppers.

Edit - In terms of the technical sides of things the game is simply amazing. The graphics, the way bodies 'fold' when you hit them in certain areas, the animations, it's incredible. There's just something off about it that I just can't figure out. I feel like I need to unlock higher guns to be competitive. I love the Assault class but I feel like the AK-12 is an absolutely terrible weapon.

Edit 2 - Then there's the server balancing which seems absolutely non-existent on PC, if you join a game on the losing team you'll lose the next 5 games without a doubt unless you change sides and then you can have fun and it seems that's what everyone does, just team stack to the winning team. That's something that was terrible in BF3 and I was hoping it would be fixed in this game. I think Origin has a return policy and as much as I love the game I'm almost considering asking for my money back... I don't know why because I feel like I'm one of the biggest BF fans out there. I'll probably not and I'll wait and give it a chance, but it's not going to take up as much of my play time as I hoped. Here's hoping that Black Flag is all that it seems to be.

I feel like I used to be really good at FPS shooters. In the days of UT, and then some of the games after that (CS and the like), then then COD4 and COD4 MW (don't know if that counts?) I used to top score all the time.

I played a hell of a lot of BF3 and I really like BF4 but I just can't seem to get a positive K/D ratio. I can't tell if my skill level in shooters has gone down or if it's just the game and it's really frustrating. I hate getting killed in the back and the sides, and I find it kind of hard to spot other players some times and I almost always lose in a face to face confrontation when I feel like I'm really spot on with my reaction time - ie; I shoot and hit them with half my mag as soon as I see them, yet they see me, hit me with two bullets and I die.

Is this just me or do other people seem to have this problem? I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It REALLY stands out for me in TDM and Domination. I score bottom tier nearly every map unless I play cheap and spam explosives. Generally the only way that I'm able to score high in this game is by driving tanks or by flying choppers.

Edit - In terms of the technical sides of things the game is simply amazing. The graphics, the way bodies 'fold' when you hit them in certain areas, the animations, it's incredible. There's just something off about it that I just can't figure out. I feel like I need to unlock higher guns to be competitive. I love the Assault class but I feel like the AK-12 is an absolutely terrible weapon.

You need to play more, don't blame the game. I used to suck as well but now I'm always in the top 3.

Don't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom