• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazznid

Fragnet to start with, in case that's no bueno I'll just find something else.

Yeah I know but I simply can't stand that many players. So I bought it to have my own go-to place but might as well label it a GAF server.

EDIT: Server will be running "E3-1270v2 CPUs offering 3.5Ghz (turboboost to 3.9Ghz), minimum of 16Gb DDR3 ECC RAM and SSD for faster mapcycles."

GAF SERVER!?!? Yiss pleez

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nearly to the classic Medipack... just need 3,000 more points or so. >_<

FUCK YOU DICE meanwhile for making this such a late-game unlock otherwise. If it wasn't for 2XP launch weekend bonus codes, I'd be completely mad about this unlock order since it'd take forever to get back to BC2/BF3 solider feeling.

Sethos

Banned
Damn I need to figure this out. I just changed the maplist and the server was listed as a custom server o_O Needs to be official or ranked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn I need to figure this out. I just changed the maplist and the server was listed as a custom server o_O Needs to be official or ranked.

Changing server rotation from ALL maps to certain maps flags it as random. Makes sense, you're running custom settings from DICE's ALL map server rotation.

Sethos

Banned
Changing server rotation from ALL maps to certain maps flags it as random. Makes sense, you're running custom settings from DICE's ALL map server rotation.

The map cycle is identical, just making them 32 player maps for a 32 player server.

Even with a reinstalled server it's still listed as custom.

EDIT: Ah it's an R4 patch issue. I just need to do some hokus pokus.

maneil99

I have a bad PSU that doesnt let me handle vcore individually (among other OC blocking things, have to overclock the turbo speed feature for example), but it was never an issue before. I'll try maybe toning it down from 4.5 to 4.4 if it persists much longer
Wow, wouldnt think the psu would do that rather the motherboard. Investing in a nice 550-650w PSu for 70$ would be good.

Flood Zone is fun. I expected it to be shit. Except there were two guys camped in LAVs on the bridge the whole round and because the weapons you start off with are atrocious we couldn't take them down fast

That default engineer rocket launcher is abysmal. Need mah RPG

Yeah, pretty odd. I got in one and thought, wtf am I supposed to do?

As soon as I was in and the black screen went away I was already out of bounds while turning and then you swoop right back over the map to the opposite end in like 10 seconds. It's a really questionable design choice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nearly to the classic Medipack... just need 3,000 more points or so. >_<

FUCK YOU DICE meanwhile for making this such a late-game unlock otherwise. If it wasn't for 2XP launch weekend bonus codes, I'd be completely mad about this unlock order since it'd take forever to get back to BC2/BF3 solider feeling.

such a late-game unlock? you only need level 10 come on now...

Any play on broken Flood Zone map yet? I guess the map is flooded after one of the bombs is set off and instead of seeing the higher water level, most of the people are swimming in invisible water. The automatic rifle doesn't work. The handgun does. And you're best served being on higher ground if you want it to be playable at all.

HelloMeow

Why are there jets on Dawnbreaker CQ?? There's no room at all for them to fly in and the get across the map super quick. It's an absolutely baffling decision

If the jets were the same as in BF3, they could have done some damage to the vehicles and infantry, but in BF4 the stealth jets are quite useless. Especially in a map where the choppers can easily take cover behind buildings.

legacyzero

Banned
I actually like Locker. It might still be a linear map, but there's lots of flanking points. Just dong play a 64 player server. That's just asking for frustration.

Jesus DICE make maps that are actually fun again instead of trying to look realistic

But the maps in this game are amazing. o_O

GrizzNKev

Banned
My biggest issue with the game right now aside from crashes is the fly space available to jets. Golmud is the only decent map in this regard. I hate having to turn around every 15 seconds. Make the fly space bigger or I won't ever dominate with jets in this game like I did in BF3.

thejpfin

pretty shitty. It's BF4's Metro.

Except this time you can sorta flank around the outside but the middle is a total choke point

When you are flanking, you can find that super sniper weapon (can't remember that gun name) and then get insane kills, because it gives you easy one shot kills. I fucking love that gun.

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
I'm not a big fan of paracel storm, but I did have a great round mostly riding in the 4th position in the gunboats. Engineers can repair the boat if you aim at the rear turret, and with a stinger I managed to take down a couple helos.

legacyzero

Banned
It's amazing how much more I like this game when my team is winning and I'm doing good.

Do we have a term for this phenomenon?

That's strange, as this is the only competitive shooter where I don't seem to give two fucks if I'm winning or losing. I just love being a part of the fight. Games like COD/Halo/Killzone are the opposite.

Yeah I'll be avoiding that map.

It's not a bad map if you like CQ combat. But like I said, you might want to avoid 64 players on it. That's just a cluster-fuck.

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or are the engineer explosive weapons REALLY sucks in BF4? I can't kill shit with both the LAW and IGLA... I can get 2-3 rockets easy in a chopper and it still won't go down.

Is it me or are the engineer explosive weapons REALLY sucks in BF4? I can't kill shit with both the LAW and IGLA... I can get 2-3 rockets easy in a chopper and it still won't go down.

2 AA rockets will destroy the small chopper and maybe the big one. 3 definitely will.

Yeah the law takes like 4 hits, but it also has some homing capabilities

Sethos

Banned
It's not a bad map if you like CQ combat. But like I said, you might want to avoid 64 players on it. That's just a cluster-fuck.

It's a bad map no matter what you enjoy, there's simply zero CQ pleasure of that map. Either it's two teams butting head somewhere with utter chaos or you are being flanked and killed from one of the 83 random places behind you on the map.

NIN90

I like Operation Locker.
shrug.001pyfds.gif

I mostly play Rush and Domination, though.

derFeef

The LAW does a bit less damage, but it has heat seeking missiles - so good for ainti-air if you aim close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom