• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round and the audio loop crash fuck sake.

It's also wasting time on my XP boosts by doing that along with negating all the stuff I unlock

Heysoos

Man Flood Zone is such a hit or miss type map. It's either a lot of awesome back and forth fighting, or I'm getting sniped at spawn trying to take back out only point with tanks and snipers camping the bridges.

jaaz

Perhaps a stupid question, but does EA/DICE run official BF4 servers on PC? I haven't been able to find any. If so, are they having the same issues?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Flying the scout copter most of today I was only rammed twice by jets. Both of them were on MY TEAM. /shakes_fist

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Solved my crashing and FPS issues by unparking my cores (Windows 7). Read about unparking your cores before you just go ahead and do it. It's a Windows 7 thing, and not 8. I am not a technophile, by any means, so take it all with a grain of salt. Google unparking cores....there's a wealth of info.

That being said I went from low/medium 60fps to high /ultra 60fps, and not one crash. Here's how you do it.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Set to "High Performance"

660TI 2GB RAM
8320 @ 3.5GHZ
8 GB DDR3

Didn't work for me.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just had one of those amazing video game moments on Paracel Storm. Squad mate and I cap a flag and notice a boat coming in. I jump on the beach mounted launcher and take it out. Then we jump on a jetski to head to the next flag. Storm comes in, huge waves. Doing huge jumps. Another enemy boat emerges and the waves are providing us with cover. They're right on our ass so we ditch the jetski and hide on an island. So tense. Such a blast.

Oh, then the server crashed when I re-spawned in a little bird.

Is it just me or are the stationary rocket launchers(ones that are placed throughout the map that anyone can use) in really useless positions? Even in BF3 they would often be at the flags so if there was a tank rolling up and you were a medic and the only one around you had some chance of rushing to the rocket launcher and defending. In this game, they face the middle of no where and can't defend shit.

EDIT: My bad, forgot this game was about K/D. Carry on people.(sarcastic rage against Dice)

Sethos

Banned
Nice bit of training with the helo. Can't fly them for shit but I got Neo and that will make me sleep a bit better tonight :p ( Haha, sorry man ).

16jtpTW.gif

You got me good though.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm tired of either me or the server crashing all the time.... Really annoying.

Me too, I just got this last night and I almost want a refund. SP, MP, it all crashes. Sometime it makes my display driver crash, sometimes it freezes up, sometimes the server crashes. Shit is getting annoying.

Nice bit of training with the helo. Can't fly them for shit but I got Neo and that will make me sleep a bit better tonight :p ( Haha, sorry man ).

16jtpTW.gif

You got me good though.

I was just standing there waiting for the opportune time to fire a grenade. Wasn't enough, but still satisfying :)

That map is definitely my favorite.

vixlar

Just had the greatest moment in any video game ever. Shooting it out with a guy, and an exploding jet crashes right into him like five steps from me. It was fucking amazing.

I had a weird glitch earlier. Don't even know how to describe it other than it seemed like a layer of ground textures kept flashing in and out of reality really quick. It wouldn't go away when we changed maps even. Joining a different server fixed it, though.

When I have that problem, I switch programs (alt + tab) and return to the game. That solves it most times.

Cmagus

So is the campaign completely terrible? I hated Battlefield 3 but I'm just looking for an absent minded linear shoot-a-thon to put my 780 through the paces. Will this deliver te goods?

(For the record I like COD campaigns, Crysis 1 and 2, etc for what they are, so I can appreciate a good stupid shooter.)

The campaign is awful so far imo. I have not finished the game but so far I don't find it enjoyable at all. The pacing is absolutely terrible and the game is heavily scripted but its so much you find yourself waiting around while the AI plays out and it get super tiring fast.

It's like we gotta go through this doorway slowly meanwhile you're through the door and down the hall waiting for them to play out and catch up and its all the time.It all feels really disconnected. I don't know nothing much feels very exciting to me in this game.

The fire fights are alright but the AI is dumber than shit and I couldn't stop laughing at one point where you have to defend off an area where enemies are coming in and they are on the ground below you and a squad mate on a balcony and they literally run right past your team AI and right to you while your team mate keeps shooting the floor and the enemies ignore him completely. (I know its vague I don't wanna say many details and spoil anything)

Multiplayer is pretty good though I have really been enjoying domination alot. I prefer the small skirmishes. I am not that far into the multiplayer yet but it seems on par with the other games in the series.I'd say my favourite map so far is Lancang Dam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DAT DISCONNECT as we were winning Metro 1.5/Operation: Locker.

SMH. I had two grenades unlocked.

DarkFlow

Banned
How did beta, that was solid as a rock go to this crap? I played for hours at a time on beta, and now I'm lucky if I can make it for one match.

BizzyBum

What are some tips to get better?

I'm not bad per say (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/BizzyBum/stats/252750336/pc/) but whenever I see the top person on a team they always go some crazy score like 35-5. I assume they just master the jet and have all the unlocks and just go ham for 20 minutes.

I'm also thinking of switching to hardcore because all the spotting kinda does ruin the game. Makes it a little too easy. It's probably worse on 64 player servers where 64 people are spamming Q, though.

NotUS

So is the campaign completely terrible? I hated Battlefield 3 but I'm just looking for an absent minded linear shoot-a-thon to put my 780 through the paces. Will this deliver te goods?

(For the record I like COD campaigns, Crysis 1 and 2, etc for what they are, so I can appreciate a good stupid shooter.)

I also hated Battlefield 3's single player, B4's is much better.

In my opinion though if you have the $$, buy Metro Last Light for a quality single player fps.

Alasfree

I am starting to think i would like Shangai much more if the building didnt fell.

Also, i didnt play BF3 at all, and in BC2 i really liked using the M136 AT4, it seems like they got rid of it. I'm sad.

Gaz_RB

It started off decent, gets kinda shitty in the middle, but the last few levels were actually pretty fun. Some really cool moments, definitely worth it.

CHC

Thanks for the answers about the campaign guys, hard to dig up old thoughts 115 pages in. I'm going to check it out pretty much just for the graphics and to shoot some dudes. I don't really like BF style multiplayer, I'm a CS guy through and through.

I did also play Metro and enjoyed it somewhat, again mainly for the graphics. Been a while since an FPS delivered me any real enjoyment beyond graphics but what can I say I'm a sucker for it once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom