• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I feel like I used to be really good at FPS shooters. In the days of UT, and then some of the games after that (CS and the like), then then COD4 and COD4 MW (don't know if that counts?) I used to top score all the time.

I played a hell of a lot of BF3 and I really like BF4 but I just can't seem to get a positive K/D ratio. I can't tell if my skill level in shooters has gone down or if it's just the game and it's really frustrating. I hate getting killed in the back and the sides, and I find it kind of hard to spot other players some times and I almost always lose in a face to face confrontation when I feel like I'm really spot on with my reaction time - ie; I shoot and hit them with half my mag as soon as I see them, yet they see me, hit me with two bullets and I die.

Is this just me or do other people seem to have this problem? I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It REALLY stands out for me in TDM and Domination. I score bottom tier nearly every map unless I play cheap and spam explosives. Generally the only way that I'm able to score high in this game is by driving tanks or by flying choppers.

This is me too right now, but I am blaming the game a bit since I feel like some shots should connect but they don't. However, I never had anything above 1.something K/D ration in battlefield and I do not care a lot, since I am not playing this game for killing - however it get's frustrating if you can't kill ANYONE.

Facism

This is me too right now, but I am blaming the game a bit since I feel like some shots should connect but they don't. However, I never had anything above 1.something K/D ration in battlefield and I do not care a lot, since I am not playing this game for killing - however it get's frustrating if you can't kill ANYONE.

i'm having the issue of landing 6+ LSAT hits at close range, getting killed by the guy i was shooting in just 2 witht heir shitty mx4.

killcam shows them having 76hp despite all those hits. Just left a server where half the guys playing were complaining about dying to people that they shot up.

Was I playing with any gaffers? :)

iOv2RoaWDTqqA.jpg

You should unlock the M249 by completing SP capaign
and choosing irish
(it wont show up unlocked in battlelog, but once you load up MP it should be there)
Its amazing!

Is this the only way to get the gun? Fucking hell, Dice stop being cunts and forcing us to play that piece of shit singleplayer campaign. Is there anyway to cheat your way through quickly?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the only way to get the gun? Fucking hell, Dice stop being cunts and forcing us to play that piece of shit singleplayer campaign. Is there anyway to cheat your way through quickly?

At least you haven't played it yet. I completed the whole thing (and admittedly enjoyed it too) but it hasn't given me a single unlock and on battlelog it still says I've not got past the first mission. Along with the fuckin bugs and how hard it is for me to get into any games at the minute I'm very down on the game right now.

Reckoner

I feel like I used to be really good at FPS shooters. In the days of UT, and then some of the games after that (CS and the like), then then COD4 and COD4 MW (don't know if that counts?) I used to top score all the time.

I played a hell of a lot of BF3 and I really like BF4 but I just can't seem to get a positive K/D ratio. I can't tell if my skill level in shooters has gone down or if it's just the game and it's really frustrating. I hate getting killed in the back and the sides, and I find it kind of hard to spot other players some times and I almost always lose in a face to face confrontation when I feel like I'm really spot on with my reaction time - ie; I shoot and hit them with half my mag as soon as I see them, yet they see me, hit me with two bullets and I die.

Is this just me or do other people seem to have this problem? I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It REALLY stands out for me in TDM and Domination. I score bottom tier nearly every map unless I play cheap and spam explosives. Generally the only way that I'm able to score high in this game is by driving tanks or by flying choppers.

Edit - In terms of the technical sides of things the game is simply amazing. The graphics, the way bodies 'fold' when you hit them in certain areas, the animations, it's incredible. There's just something off about it that I just can't figure out. I feel like I need to unlock higher guns to be competitive. I love the Assault class but I feel like the AK-12 is an absolutely terrible weapon.

Edit 2 - Then there's the server balancing which seems absolutely non-existent on PC, if you join a game on the losing team you'll lose the next 5 games without a doubt unless you change sides and then you can have fun and it seems that's what everyone does, just team stack to the winning team. That's something that was terrible in BF3 and I was hoping it would be fixed in this game. I think Origin has a return policy and as much as I love the game I'm almost considering asking for my money back... I don't know why because I feel like I'm one of the biggest BF fans out there. I'll probably not and I'll wait and give it a chance, but it's not going to take up as much of my play time as I hoped. Here's hoping that Black Flag is all that it seems to be.

Exactly the same thing is happening with me, but I'm already noticing that I'm improving. You just have to keep playing. I already have one day of game time and I'm still not good enough, but I know I'll get there.

Tak3n

Banned

Not that I have seen, in all honesty I am surprised they have not received more crap over this, as it is a crappy crappy decision

derFeef

Exactly the same thing is happening with me, but I'm already noticing that I'm improving. You just have to keep playing. I already have one day of game time and I'm still not good enough, but I know I'll get there.

One thing that helped me a lot - don't shoot if you know you can't get the kill. The other guy is propably better than me and I am giving away my position.

TCRS

Banned
I have to play the single player campaign to unlock some weapons for the mp? Fuck right off fucking Dice. I haven't played any sp campaign of any BF ever. Wth is wrong with them, why are they forcing me to play that boring crap. the coop missions in BF3 were bad enough.

derFeef

I have to play the single player campaign to unlock some weapons for the mp? Fuck right off fucking Dice. I haven't played any sp campaign of any BF ever. Wth is wrong with them, why are they forcing me to play that boring crap. the coop missions in BF3 were bad enough.

They are not forcing you. Use another gun.

meshwork

How awesome is the AEK971 guys? The fire rate on this thing is insane.

What are your favorite guns?

The AEK feels so good to use, but it's not all that lethal in longer ranges (unlike in BF3 where it was a beast overall). M416 is so accurate it's a bit silly, so that's what I usually go for in those situations. I've fallen in love with the ACW-R though, throw some grips and a muscle break on that bad boy and it shreds through people in pretty much any situation apart from extremely long ranges.

I just played some very close games on Locker on the GAF server, then I think the server went tits up on Hainan. Come on DICE, get this shit sorted.

They are not forcing you. Use another gun.

They are forcing me if I want that fucking gun, unlocking it through multiplayer would make much more sense but instead they keep focusing more and more on their shitty campaign instead of what makes battlefield good, focus groups and EA ruining things as always.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
There has to be something wrong with the netcode, shot someone in the back like 6 times with a pistol and they don't die, and of course I get killed with a single shot. Shame Shadowplay bugged out when I tried to record it.

There has to be something wrong with the netcode, shot someone in the back like 6 times with a pistol and they don't die, and of course I get killed with a single shot. Shame Shadowplay bugged out when I tried to record it.

Have a mess with the network smoothing slider. Annoyingly, i do find it performs better when not set to full performance mode.

Bailers

My biggest complaint continues to be the baffling inability to change my crosshair color.
No DICE,I don't want a white crosshair on daytime maps which just make it near impossible to dogfight or shoot accurately at anything that is even 10° above level.
Let me change the damn color.

Sethos

Banned
The servers are in a rough condition, mine ain't no exception. There's serious issue going on that just permanently brings down servers.

Then again, I think everybody knows there's issues. So just expect more crashing.

Facism

My biggest complaint continues to be the baffling inability to change my crosshair color.
No DICE,I don't want a white crosshair on daytime maps which just make it near impossible to dogfight or shoot accurately at anything that is even 10° above level.
Let me change the damn color.

yup i use a magenta quake 3 crosshair in any game that will allow me.

all servers seem to be hitching like fuck at the moment. Very bad performance.

Bombless

It pisses me off so much when people playing Domination do not cap the points. And then complain about the other team members when we inevitably lose the game despite them having the best k/d.

Thankfully most of the time when I'm squad commander people actually follow orders and spawn on me so we get a good session going.

brogan

Neo Member
What's controller support like on PC? It was terrible in BF3 and the Beta for BF4.

Hope they sorted it out otherwise I won't be getting it. Baffling that DICE haven't got on board with it by now! Never had a problem playing any game with my X360 PC Controller other than BF3.

Dr Prob

Banned
Liking the changes to the MBT's ammo. They're still super effective, but now require at least a bit of thought and monitoring as opposed to just indiscriminately‎ blasting everything in sight...

That's what the IFV is for. The doom wagon has returned!

Week 9 Vehicle Power Rankings

1. IFV
2. Death Star

Sethos

Banned
Finally, R5 might be right on the doorstep;

"We have identified an issue where the game server will crash and disconnect players. We have a fix in progress to address this issue in a server update and will let you know once it's ready to roll out. "

RS4-

Edit - In terms of the technical sides of things the game is simply amazing. The graphics, the way bodies 'fold' when you hit them in certain areas, the animations, it's incredible. There's just something off about it that I just can't figure out. I feel like I need to unlock higher guns to be competitive. I love the Assault class but I feel like the AK-12 is an absolutely terrible weapon.

Edit 2 - Then there's the server balancing which seems absolutely non-existent on PC, if you join a game on the losing team you'll lose the next 5 games without a doubt unless you change sides and then you can have fun and it seems that's what everyone does, just team stack to the winning team. That's something that was terrible in BF3 and I was hoping it would be fixed in this game. I think Origin has a return policy and as much as I love the game I'm almost considering asking for my money back... I don't know why because I feel like I'm one of the biggest BF fans out there. I'll probably not and I'll wait and give it a chance, but it's not going to take up as much of my play time as I hoped. Here's hoping that Black Flag is all that it seems to be.

Stop playing it like its COD :eek:

I did, then I got back into taking my time, flanking more again, paying more attention to sounds, direction of fire and the map.

KD doesn't really matter much anyway, there are people that have some "good" ones because they sit in vehicles all day. Oh and fuck servers that have vehicles in Dom.

Fistwell

"We have identified an issue where the game server will crash and disconnect players. We have a fix in progress to address this issue in a server update and will let you know once it's ready to roll out. "
Dunno if it's the same thing I'm getting, but they need to get their shit together urgently. First game I played today, doing absolutely fantastic, racking up points, have exp bonus on... game crashes a cple of dozen tickets before the end. Not a rare occurence.

Go fuck yourself dice. If you're releasing borked half-working products, maybe we should only be paying half the price. BF3 was never this bad (on my end anyways).

Dont give a shit about "levolution" (or other idiotic wannabe buzzwords shat by some cocaine snorting PR idiot). Wish they'd spend more time on making sure they release actually functional games instead.

derFeef

I hope it's soon, like... in an hour.

Zafir

Any word on client crashes being fixed? The crashing seems to have gotten worse for me. It was fine on Friday when the game first came out in the UK. I got an occasional freeze but nothing major, but yesterday when I was playing I crashed like 5 times in a row within 5-10mins of each other. :|

Sethos

Banned
OH GOD there's nothing more satisfying than blowing a helicopter out of the sky, controlled by some annoying ass pilot. Especially with HE Shells that blow up that helicopter instantly.

nt04IgH.gif

Nobody revives in this game. Played 15 hours of conquest with randoms (friends play on consoles) and think I have been revived less than 10 times.

So frustrating.

Sethos

Banned
Nobody revives in this game. Played 15 hours of conquest with randoms (friends play on consoles) and think I have been revived less than 10 times.

So frustrating.

I haven't even seen a revive yet. Nobody revives at all. Everybody just runs around playing as fucking engineers.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The first AT launcher is so fucking useless, sick of having to grind points to be able to destroy a tank.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

So frustrating.

I haven't even seen a revive yet. Nobody revives at all. Everybody just runs around playing as fucking engineers.

Can't wait to play on the GAF server, right now i'm a bit busy but dudettes i try to revive all the fucking time, there is just one problem... sometimes reviving is bugged meaning people can't revive anyone.

bidguy

Banned

So frustrating.

because its not worth it anymore
you have to charge it, dont have unlimited shots and get less points for doing it.

its only good for preserving tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom