• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tank in the underground mall section of Shanghai is so stupid.

REV 09

So is this game worth buying at this point? Seems like lots of complaints about weak sp campaign and glitchy mp. I was going to get this with my ps4 but I'm starting to have second thoughts.
Yea it's fine. The sp is just ok, but playable. The mp is amazing when it works, but it's already getting more consistent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not being able to easily take out a tank single handed is frustrating for the individual player but pretty important for overall team play. You're not supposed to run solo and tanks should have an advantage over a single infantry unit. This is especially true for the mobility and size advantage of infantry, where it's not all that difficult to flank and hide from tanks and land every shot successfully. The idea is you work together, and one of your two-three engineer group lands the killing blow, the reward being the end of the tank. But the dumb XP/unlock system makes that reward less satisfying when you get an assist and were aiming for the kill.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yea it's fine. The sp is just ok, but playable. The mp is amazing when it works, but it's already getting more consistent.

Not seeing any improvement at all, if anything it's gotten worse today.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
top on my team with 16:3 kills WUT!

The game runs much better now, 2 maps and no micro stuttering ....i don't care if i get crashed every 10 minutes or so ...FINALLY i can play the game without any 15 fps feeling.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw did the mortar make its return? Please tell me it did, since that was one of the must useful weapons for breaking up enemies that didnt want to get out of a specific location in the open.

Btw did the mortar make its return? Please tell me it did, since that was one of the must useful weapons for breaking up enemies that didnt want to get out of a specific location in the open.

Yea, it's back. And you can control it remotely so you're not a sitting duck every time you deploy it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yea, it's back. And you can control it remotely so you're not a sitting duck every time you deploy it.

Aw man that being a sitting duck part was the whole art in behind using one. Glad to hear its still in at least and thank you for the reply its much appreciated!

Not being able to easily take out a tank single handed is frustrating for the individual player but pretty important for overall team play. You're not supposed to run solo and tanks should have an advantage over a single infantry unit. This is especially true for the mobility and size advantage of infantry, where it's not all that difficult to flank and hide from tanks and land every shot successfully. The idea is you work together, and one of your two-three engineer group lands the killing blow, the reward being the end of the tank. But the dumb XP/unlock system makes that reward less satisfying when you get an assist and were aiming for the kill.

That's only cos the starting rocket launcher is ass

Once you get the RPG you can take out tanks easily on your own. Especially on a map like Shanghai where there's lots of pillars and stuff to hide behind.

TheSeks

My problem is, I can hit them in the ass 2-3 times which was guarantee a kill in BF3, but doesn't even disable in BF4. You can partially attribute it to netcode, but most of it is on the lower damage rate for the RPG's.

It's fucking stupid to flank, hit them in the ass and only cause a speed/immobile with them being at like 75% health. What is the point of bothering to attempt to take them out if I can't put a decent chunk of damage in their ass?

My problem is, I can hit them in the ass 2-3 times which was guarantee a kill in BF3, but doesn't even disable in BF4. You can partially attribute it to netcode, but most of it is on the lower damage rate for the RPG's.

It's fucking stupid to flank, hit them in the ass and only cause a speed/immobile with them being at like 75% health. What is the point of bothering to attempt to take them out if I can't put a decent chunk of damage in their ass?

Wait until people unlock this game's version of reactive armor. Rocket launchers will just tickle tanks then.

TheSeks

Wait until people unlock this game's version of reactive armor. Rocket launchers will just tickle tanks then.

People already have. And I already said that: The armor makes the RPG's weak damage even weaker and the tanks become invincible.

No the RPG doesn't need to be buffed to the point where single person can take it out. HOWEVER if a single-person flanks and hits the tank in the ass 2-3 times consistantly? I'd like the fucking kill or at least a fucking DISABLE on it.

Sethos

Banned
People already have. And I already said that: The armor makes the RPG's weak damage even weaker and the tanks become invincible.

No the RPG doesn't need to be buffed to the point where single person can take it out. HOWEVER if a single-person flanks and hits the tank in the ass 2-3 times consistantly? I'd like the fucking kill or at least a fucking DISABLE on it.

No because most armour drivers are already driving around on the outskirts of the battle because we simply can't aid in any attacks because we'll be shot to hell, C4'd and everything in between. If they up ANY sort of damage, armour will be straight up useless.

There's too many engineers and they should work in groups to bring down a tank. ONE guy should NOT have the ability to completely destroy or even cripple a chance at the blink of an eye, no matter how much he flanks or gets perfect hits.

It's fine the way it is.

Bombless

Yeah, the starting rocket launcher is utter shit. I don't get what the point of that semi-homing ability is, if the rocket misses it still doesn't track the target. And because of that ability it does laughable damage. Even the RPG7 is bad, and that's the highest damage launcher.

Fistwell

Game auto ejected from the server... whoopee. At least, I was not doing as awesome as I was last time the game crashed... just a cple of hours ago.

void666

Banned
I just did 34-0 at lancang dam. Sitting my ass on the mobile AA at the base the whole round. That map shouldn't have AA. It's too open. There's no cover for helicopters.

But anyway. Active radar missiles are way too effective against helicopters. There's no lock on. You just shoot close to the target and the missile will hit it. They never have time to use flares. It's fun to see the pilots rage. One called me a cheater.

With how overplayed engineer is, it doesn't seem to be an issue, buffing their damage will make things worse. Already enough stuff in the game that makes vehicles weak and vulnerable.

Pennybags

Even the RPG7 is bad

2ZS4ib0.gif

Fistwell

What map is this Dennis?

Edit: somehow... 1/2 the servers in my favorite list disappeared.... ?_?

Edit2: ... only when looking at my favorite list from chrome... oooook...

How do you unlock the first shotgun?

Yeah, I need to figure that out too. Shotguns were my go to weapon in BF3.

I just really don't care for the unlocks in this. Especially starting out, they feel much more restrictive than even BF3, which I thought was pretty bad. Just makes the early game not much fun when you're so limited with what you can try out unless you grind, grind, grind only to have a server disconnect causing you to lose your progress.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/2ZS4ib0.gif

He's not wrong. Again: 4-5 RPG-7 shots in a tanks ass, no disable.

Fuck that shit. You get far more consistant killing speed and damage just C4'ing the sumbitches.

No because most armour drivers are already driving around on the outskirts of the battle because we simply can't aid in any attacks because we'll be shot to hell, C4'd and everything in between. If they up ANY sort of damage, armour will be straight up useless.

There's too many engineers and they should work in groups to bring down a tank. ONE guy should NOT have the ability to completely destroy or even cripple a chance at the blink of an eye, no matter how much he flanks or gets perfect hits.

It's fine the way it is.

Unless the Javelin fixes my complaint: I can't care. If I get around the enemy lines to get at your back: I want the fucking damage to show it. I shouldn't be penalized for being the only engineer using the RPG-7 to hit you in the ass.

Meanwhile, I've seen entire tank teams demolish the defense tanks (either because they don't have better stuff equipped) and the defense throwing RPG-7's at them since they have two-five engineers repairing them in return on Rush in that desert map (Lasang Bridge or something?). It's bananas.

Them jaggy powerlines.

I had to downsample a screenshot from 6000x3375 -> 1920x1080 with 4xMSAA for powerlines to look decent O_O

How do you take a clean screenshot in campaign mode? Looked through the shortcuts and didn't see anything, so I used the old print screen in windowed mode method since FRAPS wasn't running.

Open the console (~ key) and type "ui.drawenable 0"

I created a cheat engine script to remove my gun model when I took my SP screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom