• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubbly

More Digital Foundry 'workflow errors' in their new face-off?

Look at the second comparison, it appears to have been heavily compressed. Here it is:

jpg

WTF is that in the top left? JPG properties show it to be 242KB. 1080p, 242KB...

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

I'm still trying to get a feel for some but....

Hate:
Zavod
Dawnbreaker
Operation Locker

Undecided:
RogueTransmission
Golmud Ralway
Hainan Resort
Lancang Dam

Love:
Flood Zone (I also hate it sometimes)
Siege of Shanghai
Paracel Storm (freakin amazing)

Heysoos

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel Storm the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

I love the weather effects and island nature of Paracel Storm, but fuck the armored boats. They're super powerful. Rather than spawning as an engineer, I spawn with C4 and set up boat traps or go on suicide runs to take them out.

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel Storm the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

Paracel Storm and Rogue Transmission are probably my favorites. Dawnbreaker and Zavod 311 are up there too. Flood Zone is a cool concept but after it floods it's just a lot of getting sniped from rooftops/the highway :<

Fistwell

I like parcel ok... flood am a little ambivalent about. I sort of like most maps, I dont hate any of them (not even locker). But none of them are very good either imo.

On the topic of ARs, the M416 is pretty damn good. I remember someone mentioning it, and, yeah, just unlocked it, and it does feels pretty good. Fucking hate the iron-sights on it though. On most guns actually. They even messed up the SCAR's ironsight. The way they are raised over the barrel, they usually leave a nice open view. Somehow, here, they managed to obstruct your sight to shit. Feels like I cant see shit when ADS.

I love the weather effects and island nature of Paracel Storm, but fuck the armored boats. They're super powerful. Rather than spawning as an engineer, I spawn with C4 and set up boat traps or go on suicide runs to take them out.
The javelin does pretty decent on boats. That last rocket luancher is pretty solid as well.

peetfeet

Ive been told you cant party up with friends in a lobby before finding a multiplayer game like in BF3, this right? that just seems so backwards. You have to get in a game with enough room before sending invites?!

watchdog

Anyone else think the new killcam is awful? I hate that the person that killed you is highlighted in that ugly orange color. The kill cam in BF3 was fine.

Cmagus

Played a lot of the Dawnbreaker map last night it's actually an awesome map for small skirmishes. I really wish they would change the spawn on team mate thing it's kind of a major down fall in the smaller game types.

It drives me nuts when you're in a firefight and the 4 other guys spawn around the dude you're fighting. I've even had instances where I've been running in to stab someone from behind and guys have dropped in between me and the enemy it's annoying,

Sethos

Banned
Matimi0 says they patched out the hardcore ammo pool/reload system from vanilla. Confirmed?

Yeah was fixed in R4, which was rolled out November 1st.

Also it's incredible at how fast servers fill up. JUST restarted the server and applied R5, the server is now full with 5 in queue.

Yeah was fixed in R4, which was rolled out November 1st.

Also it's incredible at how fast servers fill up. JUST restarted the server and applied R5, the server is now full with 5 in queue.

Ah, nice, I missed that.

Whats the fastest way to rank up?

CQ DM was the best way in BF3, as it was basically TDM plus the added points from quick capture points. Not sure if it's the same in BF4, as Obliteration seems to give lots of points since the action is so focused.

Cmagus

Ah, nice, I missed that.

CQ DM was the best way in BF3, as it was basically TDM plus the added points from quick capture points. Not sure if it's the same in BF4, as Obliteration seems to give lots of points since the action is so focused.

I play domination mostly and can confirm you get alot of xp in those matches. They run about 10-15 minutes each and you'll almost be guaranteed multiple flag captures. The way the maps are laid out you're almost always fighting and getting points as most maps have two choke points that are usually good for fast firefights.

Also on the topic of maps, I'd have to say Armored Kill > Aftermath >= BF4 > BF3 vanilla. Never played much of End Game.

Edit: Oh and I guess B2K somewhere in there with Aftermath and BF4 too.

Reckoner

Just beat the campaign. Gotta say I actually enjoyed it. Doesn't hurt that they give you incentive to beat it for MP unlocks but still. Not bad.

Really starting to enjoy this game. Was a little uncertain when I first got it and almost went back to BF3 but fell in love last night playing with some buddies. Just bought premium.

What mp unlocks? I finished the game on hard and I think I didn't get anything.

drexplora

Battlefield 4 needs to adopt Far Cry 3's "push" feature, where you can push beached Jet-skis back into the water.

haha! been playing through Far Cry 3's campaign for the first time (good fun), and have been involuntarily trying to "push" my beached jet ski's in BF4 :/

Anyone else feel like there's too many snipers!?

Bombless

Sadly it is the norm in every single Battlefield :( 3 of them clumped on a roof, while the enemy team caps all the points around them and we're steadily losing. Makes me rage like there's no tomorrow.

Edit : Will finish the campaign tonight, want to get those weapons. Especially the P90, the finest thing to come out of my country (besides fries, waffles and chocolate).

Ive been told you cant party up with friends in a lobby before finding a multiplayer game like in BF3, this right? that just seems so backwards. You have to get in a game with enough room before sending invites?!

Just set up a group in Battlelog and the leader of the chat can send invites for everyone to join a game together

OrangeOak

Damn this game can be so much fun.
I think that Im getting better too,don't know why it was so hard for me to switch from BF3 to 4.Im still pretty new to this series though so maybe thats why I suck so much sometimes.
I always played smaller games with small maps and now it's hard for me to find a good place in all that chaos :)
The sound,graphics and destruction don't stop to amaze me.The combination of this three aspects is creating really awesome moments sometimes.
Also maps,almost all of them are really good imo.There are some that I don't like to much but there's maybe 2 of them.
How do people here play conquest?What's the best way?Chose one point and defend it or run from one to another?
Music before Roque Transmision and these big antena pictures always make me think about ME4 on this engine :)

Animator

Well shit thats what Ive been waiting to hear. Gonna pop this in later tonight then! Much appreciated on the reply sir.

One last question if you got time. Hows the destruction compare to BF3 for example? Since a lot of the maps they showed off really didnt look like they were made to "break" things besides the scripted ones like the falling building or ship crashing into the island.

Destruction is infuckingcredible in this game. Pretty much the best I have ever seen. Half the time I can't believe the stuff happening around me in a battle, it looks so good.

Saw a chopper crash in front of me the other day while I was running around, roll all bounce all the way into a building on the side, leaving a flame trail. Took out half the first floor walls before it stopped. It looked so good I was sad I wasn't recording. :(

BF3 pretty much has NO destruction compared to BF4.

wrongway

Man, I tried the P90 on a TDM server and I'm just not feeling it. It fires so fast and walks everywhere, to the point where it seems like its effective range is five feet. It apparently doesn't take any foregrip attachments either since its grip is integrated I guess?

The UMP-45 is pretty nice though. Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump

a916

Engineers start with an smg but unlock carbines (for all classes) very quickly, I haven't looked at the SMGs ever since. But their anti armour capability is diminished compared to previous games.

I absolutely hate how pathetic RPG's are to tanks...

Fistwell

What mp unlocks? I finished the game on hard and I think I didn't get anything.
I think if you get gold on each chapter, you get a gun? Got a revolver after the first chapter. Check out the bottom group in the assignments tab.

Actually no, not really. And I'm a whiny little bitch when it comes to snipers. It's been very bearable for me so far.

Did he died?
Yeah he got one kill out of it. The red/orange text is the name of the guy he killed.

Heysoos

Did they change something with the airburst? I'm having trouble setting the range a lot more often than I'd like to admit. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't remember having this much trouble during the beta.

Sethos

Banned
Oh by the way, I'm taking down our server for now until R6 releases. Can tinker a bit with the settings and I don't have to type in some var commands each time it comes back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom