• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission and Golmund Railway are like the only decent maps for Jets, as far as safe flying zones go.

As far as the actual Jets go, I'm not liking having one jet per team at all. Me and my friend always liked to grab both jets and dominate in BF3. I would be the one taking out ground troops and he would worry about what's in the air. It was perfect.

Taking out people on the ground is also a bit harder. Spotting infantry doesn't work well and the rocket pods and main cannons don't seem to cause enough damage to tanks. We'll see how that changes once I unlock the other rounds for the main cannons.

Fistwell

The SP campaign is ridiculous bullshit. It's comedy. We need to get into a room where someone needs help. We can tell she needs help cause we can see her fight through what looks like a giant glass window. We can't reach her cause... we can't shoulder our way through the 5inch thick stainless steel door that's in the way.

Hey guys... giant window over here? Glass? Shoot through it?

Guys?

Edit: not 2 minutes later... bad guy taking "cover" behind a pair of video gamey red exploding barrels. -_-
Whoever scripted that shit is a GENIUS.

Edit2: This here helicopter is absolutely impervious to my stingers (which downed the last copter in one hit). One hit, two hits... aint even budging... oh, right, it needed to unload commandos, now it can die. -_-

Edit3: oh, I see, dude that got shot 10 minutes ago was just waiting for me to 1) finish those enemy waves, 2) walk over to him to trigger that emotional dying scene... This isn't bad, this is fucking offensive.

Edit4: yo tombstone, attack dat airfield there because reasons!

olimpia84

I hate Flood Zone with a passion but other than that I think all the maps in the game are good (but not great). I still prefer the maps from BC2 and BF3 but it's too early to fully judge them anyways.

DSN2K

7Qy.jpg

pretty cool using battle screen mode in battlelog.

More Digital Foundry 'workflow errors' in their new face-off?

Look at the second comparison, it appears to have been heavily compressed. Here it is:

http://cfa.gamer-network.net/2013/a.../9/360_054.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/80/format/jpg

WTF is that in the top left? JPG properties show it to be 242KB. 1080p, 242KB...

they mention that in the text.

"Again, everything in this field has a commonality between Sony and Microsoft's older platforms - the only differences worth mentioning being a bizarre pixellation to the 360's skybox during a boat mission on the China level."

mollipen

Sorry if this is a known thing for you guys, but this is the first time I've ever really played Battlefield, and I haven't been keeping up with what's going on with this game.

So, a few days ago, I got like 90% of the way through the campaign. Decided I needed to go so something else, so I played multiplayer for a bit. Today, I sat down to finally finish the campaign, and when I booted up the game, it asked me to set me screen dimensions. Hmm, okay, that's weird, I thought. Went into campaign, started up, and after a bit of loading was treated to "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

Backed out to see if I could load my previous save, but could find no sign of it. Thought maybe I had accidentally played before on a different profile, but nope, my main account had a bunch of single player achievements. Went into the Xbox 360 storage interface, and the only save I could find was the one that had been created today.

Is this a sign of the save file corruption bug that's going around? I never saw anything pop up about an issue with my save file, but maybe it wouldn't—maybe what happens is it just writes a new save file since it can't read the old one.

I mean, I wasn't really enjoying the campaign, but I did at least want to finish it. *heh*

Woo-Fu

Banned
Jets are ridiculously OP just like bf3 and bf2. If your team is outjetted on Hainan or Paracel just get ready to lose. Nothing you can do about it either, unlike any other vehicle that driver could be using.

ThisOne

Are the people having connection problems playing on the PC, PS3, or 360? I'm hoping the console versions aren't having too many problems because I'm getting this for PS4 in a couple weeks.

Sethos

Banned
That was fast

Dear BF4 Clients,

DICE has just released patch R6 for Battlefield 4 Ranked Servers.
We have started a massive roll-out to all servers, as we speak.
Change Log:
* Crash fix

If any questions, please submit a support ticket!

Best Regards,
Fragnet Networks Operations Team

Will apply and bring back the GAF server.

Keasar

If any from DICE reads this forum, my message to you.

DON'T MAKE MAPS LIKE OPERATION LOCKER AND METRO AGAIN! PLEASE!

They are just utterly terrible maps for Battlefield and I hate life itself whenever they come up on a 64 player Conquest Large server.

Tabby

How do you make the second screen thing work?
Can I use a laptop to join a game on my PC? I can't even get damn map to show up.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Mortars are so broken right now, lol. Put yourself an ammo box and once you run out of the initial 4 ammo, just put down a new mortar.

Kingbrave

Operation Locker is a wonderful choke point filled, chaotic hallway and explosive hallways of mass confusion and fun.

Edit: Flood zone is the worst map. It's like Favela from Mw2 but with crappy water. Dear Dice, my dude doesn't need a bath during the middle of a firefight!

Lakitu

st5fu
Locker is definitely better than Metro. Still...

I'll play Metro the once just to see the changes then I won't play it again unless they've improved it immensely. At least to Locker level.

Operation Locker is a wonderful choke point filled, chaotic hallway and explosive hallways of mass confusion and fun.

To me its the better Metro, it has a lot more paths and ways to flank your oppenents, I haven't had a game where it was just locked on one point for the whole game.

Kingbrave

To me its the better Metro, it has a lot more paths and ways to flank your oppenents, I haven't had a game where it was just locked on one point for the whole game.

I never played Metro after the alpha for BF3. I didn't like it at all. I really like Locker. Especially in Rush. I get tons of points from tossing ammo or med kits in the hallways when it gets clustered.

Nokterian

Ugh this netcode..getting shot when just running around the corner or even at distance when you shouldn't even be shot behind a brick wall. Fuck this i am going to play Ghosts untill they fix this.

pretty much done with this game for at least a little while

I understand that the vast majority of my issues with the game can be solved by playing certain modes are trying to run deep with a squad, but I'm genuinely tired of never having a kit that seems well prepared for more than a single variable--at least not until I'm able to unlock shit that should be ready to go right off the bat.

Plane shitting on my team? Go engineer and rock a stinger, take it out, get assaulted by tanks, lul sorry no ability to damage it, die.

Respawn, go engineer with anti-armor, kill tank, run out of ammo, lul no ability to get ammo without teamwork, lul now another heli is on the way.

Go support to assist my teammates with ammo--no ability to defend myself from vehicles.

Where did I just get killed from? Oh, somebody just parachuted onto a rooftop for which I have no reasonable way of accessing.

Fuck.

Like, I understand that its a team focused game, but would it hurt for Dice to drop a few ammo crates here and there or places where you can change your class within the map without having to rely on a commander?

Or how about map design that isn't completely blow my brains out bad aka Operation Locker.

smh

Zavod is the worst because you can steal the LRML and hide in your spawn and spam away. It takes an engineer suicide or a dedicated helicopter team to kill it.

The rage when that happens and I'm the only engineer on my team trying to take it out, I can't even describe...

Edit: Flood zone is the worst map. It's like Favela from Mw2 but with crappy water. Dear Dice, my dude doesn't need a bath during the middle of a firefight!

I think it's fun.

So many times I've seen guys swimming along and I swim right behind for a while and then BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!!

pretty much done with this game for at least a little while

I understand that the vast majority of my issues with the game can be solved by playing certain modes are trying to run deep with a squad, but I'm genuinely tired of never having a kit that seems well prepared for more than a single variable--at least not until I'm able to unlock shit that should be ready to go right off the bat.

Plane shitting on my team? Go engineer and rock a stinger, take it out, get assaulted by tanks, lul sorry no ability to damage it, die.

Respawn, go engineer with anti-armor, kill tank, run out of ammo, lul no ability to get ammo without teamwork, lul now another heli is on the way.

Go support to assist my teammates with ammo--no ability to defend myself from vehicles.

Where did I just get killed from? Oh, somebody just parachuted onto a rooftop for which I have no reasonable way of accessing.

Fuck.

Like, I understand that its a team focused game, but would it hurt for Dice to drop a few ammo crates here and there or places where you can change your class within the map without having to rely on a commander?

Or how about map design that isn't completely blow my brains out bad aka Operation Locker.

smh

Best kit in my opinion is Engineer with Carbine, stingers and slam mines, change from stingers to rpg depending on map. That kit is prepared for really anything.

Which reminds me, I can't wait until they fix servers so you can join official servers and not have fast vehicle respawn on, god I hate those servers. Instant vehicle respawn is the worst.

Hellcrow

Edit2: This here helicopter is absolutely impervious to my stingers (which downed the last copter in one hit). One hit, two hits... aint even budging... oh, right, it needed to unload commandos, now it can die. -_-

Weird. I was shooting down helicopters left and right with a grenade launcher before they got to drop of commandos.

derFeef

It's so satisfying when people run behind cover almost dead and you switch to the airburst to blow them out of there. Best addition to the game.

It's so satisfying when people run behind cover almost dead and you switch to the airburst to blow them out of there. Best addition to the game.

The funny thing is 90% of people playing don't even know how to use it correctly, everyone I see uses it as a regular grenade launcher, smh. It tells you specifically how to use it in the test range too.

More power to you knowing how to utilize it's effectiveness.

derFeef

The funny thing is 90% of people playing don't even know how to use it correctly, everyone I see uses it as a regular grenade launcher, smh. It tells you specifically how to use it in the test range too.

More power to you knowing how to utilize it's effectiveness.

I did not really get it at first, the key thing is that it explodes 3m behind that lock on target.
Damn you proning snipers on the rooftops, getting you, hah!

Too bad I suck at normal gunplay though.

To the people experiencing crashes, is your game window freezing up on you and you have to force close it? Those are the crashes I've been experiencing the most frequently and I'm wondering if they are working on a fix for those.

the stealth jets are absolutely useless in Dawnbreaker

Correct. They're pointless. The map is also really fricken small and an AA turret can destroy choppers in no time

Can't stop watching the official multiplayer launch trailer --Running it looped thanks to YouTube Center, I think I could watch it day & night until the server issues are fixed and have a rig capable of running it Ultra / 60.

I say damn everytime that theme kicks in!

BF trailers are always pretty great. I love how you can hear the Battlefield Friends in it. like the noob screaming "LEVOLUTIOOOONNN" when the Shanghai Skyscraper comes down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom