• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Man this game is so buggy. After dying and reloading a checkpoint, Kovic is now a Smurf.

3XAmuCK.jpg

Yeah, my game is doing some stuff like this. Mainly ground textures, though.

Sethos

Banned
Uhh that was a Butt-clencher. Just killed a tank head-on which left me at around 20% HP. Another tank showed up and I had to get the hell out, at the same time a helicopter decided to show up.

Go go gadget reverse

z3YLDLh.gif

wrongway

He's not wrong. Again: 4-5 RPG-7 shots in a tanks ass, no disable.

Fuck that shit. You get far more consistant killing speed and damage just C4'ing the sumbitches.

Are the tanks you're shooting at being repaired? A rear hit with an RPG nukes half a tank's health, so it takes two hits to kill if your target isn't being babysat by enemy engineers.

Sethos

Banned
Are the tanks you're shooting at being repaired? A rear hit with an RPG nukes half a tank's health, so it takes two hits to kill if your target isn't being babysat by enemy engineers.

Something else is going on, a rear hit on me easily takes 30-40% of my HP.

legacyzero

Banned
Not being able to easily take out a tank single handed is frustrating for the individual player but pretty important for overall team play. You're not supposed to run solo and tanks should have an advantage over a single infantry unit. This is especially true for the mobility and size advantage of infantry, where it's not all that difficult to flank and hide from tanks and land every shot successfully. The idea is you work together, and one of your two-three engineer group lands the killing blow, the reward being the end of the tank. But the dumb XP/unlock system makes that reward less satisfying when you get an assist and were aiming for the kill.

C4 BEATS ALL.

Nothing better than creeping on a tank and stickin it to dat ass. I seem to have trouble remembering that thing called "Minimum Safe Distance."

I mean, who the hell has time for that?!

Sethos

Banned
BOOM!

Dear BF4 Clients,

DICE has just released patch R5 for Battlefield 4 Ranked Servers.
We have started a massive roll-out to all servers, as we speak.
Change Log:
*Fixed join-server queues

Crash fixes are scheduled in R6, currently undergoing testing
If any questions, please submit a support ticket!

Best Regards,
Fragnet Networks Operations Team

No fixes but QUEUES! Useless.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
BOOM!

Dear BF4 Clients,

Change Log:

Best Regards,

Sweet, now I can wait to join a full server. Then, I can finally get in and crash!

derFeef

BOOM!

Dear BF4 Clients,

Change Log:

Best Regards,

A for effort, Dice.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Holy shit guys, try this if you have micro stuttering, i think it worked for me....full server, locker and ran butter smooth until the server disconnected.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064766584393493/1/

I installed that when troubleshooting for crashes a few days back. I installed it as well as an old directx 9 redistributale just in case (aware it's running dx11)...

Still have stutters occassionally, however if you see my other post it's evident it's not utilizing free gpu power for consistent high frames, it's only using high gpu usage if you crank all the settings up max or enable vsync. That's obviously a big factor for stutters and big framerate dips, as it'll dip from 100fps down to 50 and you look at msi and realize it's only utilizing 51% gpu then within 2 seconds it jumps up to 100% gpu usage when you need all the power to maintain fluidity it's not delivering it consistently.

Gpu usuage fluctuates wildly unless vsync or crank those visuals max should you have a beefy card.

The stutters I get are server side massive latency issues/lag, though not on all servers. It's just a sloppy release which is Dice.. Game is fantastic but it's clearly in need of some quality assurance.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BOOM!

Dear BF4 Clients,

Change Log:

Best Regards,

link?

Heysoos

BOOM!

Dear BF4 Clients,

Change Log:

Best Regards,

Seems weird that they prioritized joining server queues over all the crashing... Unless I'm reading wrong.

Mondy

Banned
Man, this is just unacceptable. This game is unplayable on PC right now. EA, you are truly the worst fucking company on the planet.

Dubz

When the issues with crashing get ironed out, this is going to be one of the greatest MP games of all time.

IMO

Bombless

On the grenades topic, I find the V40 Mini much more enjoyable than the standard Frag. Started using it after laughing at people flinging a grenade from way back only to see it land straight on my face. Also the fact you have 3 instead of a single Frag makes a world of difference.

The incendiary seems good for area denial but I didn't notice much damage from it. Also I swear it blinds more than the friggin flashbang lol.

legacyzero

Banned
Here I was fighting to get to level 10 so I could play Commander Mode on mobile/tablet. And then I realized that the damn app isn't even out yet.

iOaRfaNjUQW14.gif

nOoblet16

Anyone else thinks the AC 130 is useless?
It moves around too much to hit a mobile target consistently and the damage isn't large enough to make it worthwhile. Between the reload time and the time it takes to aim accurately for a 2nd shot the Tank you aim at might already have been repaired quite a bit.

RS4-

On the grenades topic, I find the V40 Mini much more enjoyable than the standard Frag. Started using it after laughing at people flinging a grenade from way back only to see it land straight on my face. Also the fact you have 3 instead of a single Frag makes a world of difference.

The incendiary seems good for area denial but I didn't notice much damage from it. Also I swear it blinds more than the friggin flashbang lol.

Yeah I've been using the mini after swapping between the rgo and incendiary. Just have to aim differently with the mini. Would've been cool if there was a lob button.

I don't think I've had full on kills with the incendiary unless they were already down on health.

Bombless

Anyone else thinks the AC 130 is useless?
It moves around too much to hit a mobile target consistently and the damage isn't large enough to make it worthwhile. Between the reload time and the time it takes to aim accurately for a 2nd shot the Tank you aim at might already have been repaired quite a bit.

The 105mm gun is good, the other 2 guns seem useless. It's also a friggin sitting duck now, no more AA gun. The most infuriating thing is the limited fire arc and how quick your target gets out of your line of fire. It's especially damning with the 105.

zychi

Banned
This is probably the dumbest question I've ever asked while on GAF, if I install BF4 on my SSD, will it speed up load times for MP? Or is it all server based and won't make much of a difference?

Just beat the campaign. Gotta say I actually enjoyed it. Doesn't hurt that they give you incentive to beat it for MP unlocks but still. Not bad.

Really starting to enjoy this game. Was a little uncertain when I first got it and almost went back to BF3 but fell in love last night playing with some buddies. Just bought premium.

So, how is the class balance in comparison to BF3?

I always disliked how competent the Engineer was at infantry combat. Engineers always felt too well rounded for anti-tank and anti-infantry combat.

I liked it better in Bad Company 2 where the engineer had a silenced SMG. It was near impossible to go toe to toe with Medics and Assault classes as a result, but boy were you great at destroying tanks.

Bombless

So, how is the class balance in comparison to BF3?

I always disliked how competent the Engineer was at infantry combat. Engineers always felt too well rounded for anti-tank and anti-infantry combat.

I liked it better in Bad Company 2 where the engineer had a silenced SMG. It was near impossible to go toe to toe with Medics and Assault classes as a result, but boy were you great at destroying tanks.

Engineers start with an smg but unlock carbines (for all classes) very quickly, I haven't looked at the SMGs ever since. But their anti armour capability is diminished compared to previous games.

Dubz

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel Storm the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom