• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Do you have to finish the credits for the final assignments to count? The thing popped in game but in Battlelog it's still gray.

Game is fun but also super frustrating. Really dumb that NONE of your stats save until the end of the round. I have lost so much experience and unlocks because of this dumb issue with servers crashing. Fix your garbage, DICE. Didn't think I'd spend my weekend unlocking the same crap 80 times because DICE charged me full price for a half-complete product.

REV 09

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel Storm the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

Best
Paracel Storm
Flood
G? Railroad
Siege of Shanghai
Zavod
Haina Resort
Rogue Transmission
Dawnbreaker
Locker
Lacang Dam
Worst

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ugh. Doing really well with 50% boost on operation locker conquest, game is almost over and the server craps out. So frustrating.

kudoboi

What's everyone's favorite maps? I'm liking Parcel Storm the most, followed by Flood (or whatever it's called).

Dawnbreaker
Operation Locker
Lancang Dam
Seige of Shanghai
Flood Zone
Zavod

mehhh
Parcel Storm
Rogue Transmission
Hainan Resort

HATE
Golmud Railway ( can never get kills on this map)

Bombless

Zavod is so dark.

Zavod is the worst because you can steal the LRML and hide in your spawn and spam away. It takes an engineer suicide or a dedicated helicopter team to kill it.

The 100 shades of brown doesn't help with picking out soldiers either, that's true.

Finished the last mission 3 times, it showed me getting gold assignment for each as well as dogtags but Battlelog isn't updating?

*edit* Nevermind, it updated finally, what a joke of a launch.

Dex815

I have yet to finish a single multiplayer game... in each mach that I join the players freeze and after some seconds I'm kicked out and in the browser I have some stupid error which doesn't explain what is it about, like "Game disconected: Something went wrong" ...

Some times it happens just 1-2 minutes after joining and others it happens like 20 minutes after...

Someone else with this problems?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This guy is streaming for over 39 hours now and didn't had a single crash/freeze/stutter.

http://www.twitch.tv/nubz80

Life is not fair :/

Edit: Goddamnit, the game looks so fucking smooth on his stream.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Destruction is infuckingcredible in this game. Pretty much the best I have ever seen. Half the time I can't believe the stuff happening around me in a battle, it looks so good.

Saw a chopper crash in front of me the other day while I was running around, roll all bounce all the way into a building on the side, leaving a flame trail. Took out half the first floor walls before it stopped. It looked so good I was sad I wasn't recording. :(

BF3 pretty much has NO destruction compared to BF4.

Very good to hear! Since a lot of the videos showcasing the game did not do a good job showing other destruction besides the scripted stuff.

Thank you for the reply!

Makoto

lol who at DICE thought Active Radar (and for that matter, the MBT LAW) were good ideas?

Not that I'm complaining. All I have to do is sit in the Mobile AA and fire in some general direction to get an insta-disable on jets and choppers.

Well shit on me, game has been butter smooth for me since launch and I thought everyone was crazy, but tonight it's been nothing but disconnects and crashes suddenly.

And it always seems to happen whenever I'm kicking ass. Noooo when I'm blowing chunks and getting owned, game is fine. But I'll be on a roll, #1 score on my team, and poof, disconnect

cripterion

6 crashes while playing for 1h30, I guess I'm going to take a break and come back once they fix this shit. Game should be blasted for crashing left & right imo.
By the way, can anyone tell me if their game is using more than 2.3GB of ram on their system? Mine never surpasses that and most of the time it's hovering around 1.9-2.1GB.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's awesome when people take the tank and they hang back and don't do shit.

This is why i only play hardcore mode. When someone does something stupid like that i blow him up.

jk

I've noticed that the xp you get from ribbons at the end of the round gets lost when you level up in the post-match screen. Twice it has happened now that I level up, but the next match there's still a few hundred xp left to level up.

Tarin02543

playing crashfree on my i7/8gb/gtx760 2gb vram

Just played paracel storm for the first time. This is truly the first next gen title I have played, amazing.

DarkFlow

Banned
I've noticed that the xp you get from ribbons at the end of the round gets lost when you level up in the post-match screen. Twice it has happened now that I level up, but the next match there's still a few hundred xp left to level up.
Some people also seem to be getting 50‰ of everything in the final score.

OrangeOak

playing crashfree on my i7/8gb/gtx760 2gb vram

Just played paracel storm for the first time. This is truly the first next gen title I have played, amazing.

Surfing on this big waves especially in some smaller boats is amazing.
Also it's nice when you play this map two times in a row,seeing how calm and different is this map right after the storm is really nice!

Facism

whilst i don't have an opinion formed on my "best maps" list, there is one feeling i can't shake about them.

They all feel like "battlefield lite" maps.

Spookie

Any suggested fix for the crash to desktop?

Don't play for a bit really.

Everything has been battlefield lite since they moved on to consoles- maps have shrunk and they have only just began to get larger. Most CP are close together to encourage constant fighting it's much harder to flank these days without getting spotted constantly.

Tarin02543

whilst i don't have an opinion formed on my "best maps" list, there is one feeling i can't shake about them.

One thing I do not like is the lack of runways for jets. You just spawn in a flying jet and off you go.

I miss the tomfoolery around airfields from previous BF titles.

Faith

Server went down, lost almost 40min of playtime and many points.

Fuck this game! I will play again when they fix this bullshit.

Tarin02543

You mean guys with jets maxed out spawn killing new players who can't even get off the runway?

I understand your predicament yet the jets are now totally cut off from the ground gameplay.

You die from its rockets but you can't land your jet on someone's roof.

kms_md

Server went down, lost almost 40min of playtime and many points.

Fuck this game! I will play again when they fix this bullshit.

this has been my experience today - 5 matches, 4 disconnects. oh, and 3 CTD.

and as i type this - another disconnect.

frustrating ....

Divus

Well shit on me, game has been butter smooth for me since launch and I thought everyone was crazy, but tonight it's been nothing but disconnects and crashes suddenly.

And it always seems to happen whenever I'm kicking ass. Noooo when I'm blowing chunks and getting owned, game is fine. But I'll be on a roll, #1 score on my team, and poof, disconnect

This is half of all games for me. Had so many amazing games only for a server disconnect. Go 2 and 4 and while I have crap hit detection, server stays up.

Dawnbreaker
Operation Locker
Lancang Dam
Seige of Shanghai
Flood Zone
Zavod

mehhh
Parcel Storm
Rogue Transmission
Hainan Resort

HATE
Golmud Railway ( can never get kills on this map)

You are like the complete opposite of me.I'm...

Paracel Storm
Rogue Transmission
Seige of Shanghai
Flood Zone

mehhh
(haven't had enough time on either map to decide yet)
Hainan Resort
Golmud Railway

HATE
Dawnbreaker
Operation Locker
Lancang Dam
Zavod

Animator

You are like the complete opposite of me.I'm...

Paracel Storm
Rogue Transmission
Seige of Shanghai
Flood Zone

mehhh
(haven't had enough time on either map to decide yet)
Hainan Resort
Golmud Railway

HATE
Dawnbreaker
Operation Locker
Lancang Dam
Zavod

How can you hate Zavod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom