• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Awww... launch 2XP weekend event must've ended between 2AM and 7AM. Got on to get a few more rounds with it on before it generally shuts off at 2PM on Monday and no DICE. :(

Facism

had someone calling me a motherfucker in Hungarian just now lol.

Last night some dude wanted me to add him to "discuss" his babby rage at getting counterknifed by me in the round. Man exploded when it when happened.

Can't wait for half of these bitter chodes to quit for CoD.

What do you mean? Aside from the crashes (which I don't think are due to Nvidia since AMD users get them too) game's performance is flawless for me on latest Nvidia drivers, and I'm not using Vsync.

The performance is great, but i can't play v-synced without it locking at 30 or 60. It's as if half-refresh is turned on permanently if v-sync is enabled either in game or through the drivers.
I'm playing without Vsync, it's not a driver issue.
Well yeah, if you're playing without without v-sync there isn't an issue - tearing aside.

Sethos

Banned
had someone calling me a motherfucker in Hungarian just now lol.

Last night some dude wanted me to add him to "discuss" his babby rage at getting counterknifed by me in the round. Man exploded when it when happened.

Can't wait for half of these bitter chodes to quit for CoD.

Oh yeah, had this kid-commander that started the usual OMG UR MOM CANCER RAPE HAHAHAHAHAH U SUXXX0R shit. Can't wait for Ghosts to release, vacuum up these unfortunate elements.

Keasar

I feel like Attack Jets are pretty much superior to Stealth Jets on all fronts. No heat seekers but a way better gun and the same turn-rate as a stealth fighter.

Also, how are ECM Jammers balanced against flares? ECM does the same thing as Flares but also prevents lock during a longer time.

G_Berry

Banned
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

I fire up the game to finish the single player (last mission on hard) AND ALL MY FUCKING PROGRESS IS GONE!!!!

ARE DICE FOR FUCKING REAL? THIS IS SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP!!!!!!

drexplora

amazing the difference between playing with a squad that don't care vs a squad doin wat the supposed to!

Makes the game very enjoyable on any map!!

also DICE need to rollout a fix for these crashes!!
crashed to desktop 3 times in the same round only to have the server itself crash a fourth lol..

Oh and.. it seems a miracle that im even able to play on the same team on the same server as 3-4 of my buddies let alone the same squad!

TheSeks

What launch 2x weekend.....

The 2x event isn't until Nov 30th

The Gamestop pre-order code event.

Origin buyers didn't get one. But I got a good jump from buying retail and hoped to get to the MP-443 this morning. Alas. :(

DICE said:
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Double XP weekend for Xbox®360, PlayStation®3 and PC which took place the weekend of November 2-3.

TheSeks

That's a bug, it happens randomly to me but my cross-hair stays for 99% of the time. That 1% is annoying but doesn't really hinder you since your hip-fire is the same with it off than with it on.

USF

Had to do the singleplayer in one playthrough cuz of that save issue.. And now all awards and assignments that I got from completing the campaign missions are also gone!

Anyways, anyone got the Platinum Trophy on PS3? When does the M1911 unlock :|

Sethos

Banned
Already slowly getting bored of the game. Same thing, every single game. This is one of those games where one side can dominate so bad or just a few people can basically sit on the entire match in a helicopter or as a squad. That means you are pushed back completely AND people start leaving because they don't like to lose. Then you can sit there for 15-20 minutes just waiting. Close matches or even interesting matches are a 1/100 deal, matches that suddenly turn are 1/1000 and when they happen, it's usually because someone leaves / or great players join.

And when you join a server with room it's because people left and they usually leave the losing side, so you can join a losing match and just scratch your ass. Eugh, one of the things that slowly put me off Battlefield 3. Miss being able to single-handedly turn matches in other FPS games.

It goes the other way too. When you are on a dominating team, you are just chasing timid rabbits that don't stand a chance anywhere. When someone finally shows up, they die within seconds and sometimes you can wander around aimlessly just capturing flags if there's any left to capture while the points tick down.

pulsemyne

Might as well try that x86 trick since the game doesn't use the ram that's available running the x64 executable. Would be comedy cold if it only took that to stop the crashes.

I started using it yesterday and it never crashed on me. The only bad thing that did happen was it failing to load a new map when the match ended. A quick quit and reload solves that though.

TheSeks

Already slowly getting bored of the game. Same thing, every single game. This is one of those games where one side can dominate so bad or just a few people can basically sit on the entire match in a helicopter or as a squad. That means you are pushed back completely AND people start leaving because they don't like to lose. Then you can sit there for 15-20 minutes just waiting. Close matches or even interesting matches are a 1/100 deal, matches that suddenly turn are 1/1000 and when they happen, it's usually because someone leaves / or great players join.

And when you join a server with room it's because people left and they usually leave the losing side, so you can join a losing match and just scratch your ass. Eugh, one of the things that slowly put me off Battlefield 3. Miss being able to single-handedly turn matches in other FPS games.

It goes the other way too. When you are on a dominating team, you are just chasing timid rabbits that don't stand a chance anywhere. When someone finally shows up, they die within seconds and sometimes you can wander around aimlessly just capturing flags if there's any left to capture while the points tick down.

The problem is: (And something I've been harping on for ages) KDR/WLR/other stats.

DICE should really remove anything that isn't the kills with weapon and accuracy stats. Maybe leave SPM but that's such a meaningless stat with 2XP that it's pointless as the others.

If they removed the W/L and made it like TF2, it'd improve the community from being paranoid about their stats, I feel.

jaaz

It should get better. This game really isn't very accessible right now. Not only does it take a very good rig to run decently, but there are so many performance problems, problems with the servers, disconnects, etc., bugs, etc. that I believe many are staying away. Particularly to protect their stats, as TheSeks is saying.

This reminds me of the original BF 1942 roll-out, now THAT was bad. But once they patched it, the community grew exponentially.

drexplora

gotta give the game some time for people to learn maps, get some unlocks and just learn the dynamics of the game.

I do find that a close match doesn't happen much. Think I had my first yesterday when a conquest round ended in 0/11 tickets!!
Very fun match!

Fistwell

gotta give the game some time for people to learn maps, get some unlocks and just learn the dynamics of the game.

I do find that a close match doesn't happen much. Think I had my first yesterday when a conquest round ended in 0/11 tickets!!
Very fun match!
Won a game with 1 ticket left. Lost another 0-3. I get tight games now and then. Not super common, but not 1 in a 100 either.

derFeef

The problem is: (And something I've been harping on for ages) KDR/WLR/other stats.

DICE should really remove anything that isn't the kills with weapon and accuracy stats. Maybe leave SPM but that's such a meaningless stat with 2XP that it's pointless as the others.

If they removed the W/L and made it like TF2, it'd improve the community from being paranoid about their stats, I feel.

I said that since BF2, but they keep adding stats, and everyone is boasting about their K/D ratio ... which is pretty idiotic in a Battlefield game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'd expect people that worried about their stats will also have Premium which means they can reset their stats whenever they want after this mess is over.

elyetis

And DICE was reluctant and took forever to nerf it. Still was incredibly strong even after being nerfed. Funniest was any vehicle including the heli would be locked onto instantly with the tracer dart that had speed of light velocity.
They were mostly completly stupid about having the same balance on console and PC. On ps3 the tracer was shit mostly due to controler < mouse; and almost no one was good with AT4 ( again controler ), so chopper were king, and chopper vs chopper didn't exist past the first kill since they would base rape.

Based on bf3, they won't, they will even nerf the AA.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Man how are you supposed to kill shit with jets unless you unlock it's final upgrades? WTF BF4?

Just ram helicopters like most other jet pilots who are still learning. Protip: Make sure it is the other team's helicopters. Sigh.

friday

Man how are you supposed to kill shit with jets unless you unlock it's final upgrades? WTF BF4?

Attack jets can murder the shit out of armor with their main gun.

Everyone who is having problems with crashes, stop playing on 64 person servers. I have not had a server crash and only one client crash in the last two days. Performance has been great since I started playing 32 and 48 pop servers.

Everyone should be playing obliteration also. When both teams are going for it that game mode is so much fun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Heh. That's Battlefield. Any game with such massive player counts, one that rewards percentage of useful players versus individual players, and has a wide spectrum of equipment/tools/vehicles with variable balance is going to have similar problems. When a match is clearly a landslide in favour of the opposition there's not much you can do except grit through and ride off the little victories.

Despite the many hours I put into Battlefield 3, nothing will stop it harbouring both some of the best and most infuriating multiplayer matches I've ever played in a video game. When everything clicks it's bliss. When it's frustrating it's a goddamn nightmare.

Shadybiz

Oh and.. it seems a miracle that im even able to play on the same team on the same server as 3-4 of my buddies let alone the same squad!

Shit, I don't like to hear this. This is what completely turned my friends and I off from BF3. We were all planning on getting it on PS4, but are holding back because we thought there was a good chance it would be the same story all over again. The fact that there's not even a party system this time around is frightening.

What does it matter if your team loses though? So you don't get a few extra points. I just concentrate on doing my own best and getting my best score possible.

With longer and big scale games like BF, you tend to get much more often situations of a team dominating the other, but that is the nature of larger scale games. The smaller setting maps and death match and other modes all are faster paced and have more closer games, but it's not why lot of people play BF

Sethos

Banned
Heh. That's Battlefield. Any game with such massive player counts, one that rewards percentage of useful players versus individual players, and has a wide spectrum of equipment/tools/vehicles with variable balance is going to have similar problems. When a match is clearly a landslide in favour of the opposition there's not much you can do except grit through and ride off the little victories.

Despite the many hours I put into Battlefield 3, nothing will stop it harbouring both some of the best and most infuriating multiplayer matches I've ever played in a video game. When everything clicks it's bliss. When it's frustrating it's a goddamn nightmare.

Yeah, you are right. It's just frustrating because many times you get pushed all the way back and when the enemy sees they, they basically set up a tight perimeter around the general default spawn area. So you have about a movement area the size of small front lawn. Then you can just sit there and get blasted to hell. When people's moral is breaking the fighting also becomes lopsided everywhere else, the other team just grows exponentially stronger it's a weird effect but it's just a cascading effect that just won't turn.

When my team is winning I'm an expert marksman, everything I do is pulled off perfectly and I feel like an FPS god. When my team is doing badly I can aim at the ground and birds start falling out the sky, I manage to blow up myself or miss the 3 guys standing in front of me.

ekim

I'm so bad at this game. I can't really see the enemy even if they stand right in front of me. :(
They merge into the rest of the image so well for me, that I really struggle making out where a shot is coming from. Camouflage seems to work, huh?

Tak3n

Banned
So finally got my M249 from the campaign

I think I might be the only one here to of got the Level 6 Dam bug...

Where essentially if you die in or around the Dam, the game wont resume the level, just constantly crashes...20 pages of complaints about it on EA forum

needless to say it remains unfixed, the only solution is to restart the level, and DONT DIE!!

drexplora

forget greenmangaming!!
tried over and over on different browsers to purchase BF4 standard with the coupon code they provided for 10$ off before release of the game.

The damn thing would gimme error when it would try and validate my bank of America card with that stupid app looking thing they have...
Lame had to go origin..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When my team is winning I'm an expert marksman, everything I do is pulled off perfectly and I feel like an FPS god. When my team is doing badly I can aim at the ground and birds start falling out the sky, I manage to blow up myself or miss the 3 guys standing in front of me.

Battlefield...where you'll unload 300 rounds down iron sight at point blank range and hit nothing.
...where an enemy's short 3 round burst from across the map drops you instantly.
...where nobody on your team spots.
...where the sky is dominated by helicopter player with a KDR of 50-1.
...where enemy tanks require 40 rockets to take down.
...where nobody drops ammo.
...where you're shot out of the air before you can properly lift off.
...where every spawn is circled by 10 enemies, all aiming at you.

Spazznid

Battlefield...where you'll unload 300 rounds down iron sight at point blank range and hit nothing.
...where an enemy's short 3 round burst from across the map drops you instantly.
...where nobody on your team spots.
...where the sky is dominated by helicopter player with a KDR of 50-1.
...where enemy tanks require 40 rockets to take down.
...where nobody drops ammo.
...where you're shot out of the air before you can properly lift off.
...where every spawn is circled by 10 enemies, all aiming at you.

This is more true than anything I've ever heard, and it should replace, or be placed in the theme song for BF games of the future.

I hate watching those "Awesome Plays" vids because I see these dudes do the same shit I do, but the difference is, they seem to always get away with it. It reminds me of when Girrafe camo came out for Planetside, and Vanu players would wear it because it made you look more neutral to red team. Sometimes you could walk right in front of them and it wouldn't immediately register in their minds that you're unfriendly. That's what I see in these videos. Dude runs into a group of enemy and manages to shootbang them all before they can turn. Or dude goes around to flank and the enemy DON'T know he's there, waiting with guns at the ready.

Feels like even when I switch teams, the enemy team is constantly Pinging me, or my camo must be glow in the dark.

Spazznid

One of your "negatives" for a 64-player online game is that you can't single-handedly turn matches?

You can, though. I've done so. My K/D was a nice 2/17 and I had the most points on the server because I PTFO more than anyone on either team. We won.

EVIL

This is the kind of shit that makes my blood boil to a point of complete rage. A lot of shit I can handle but this respawn-right-in front-of-you fucking bullshit can go shove a sharp dagger up its ass and do a late night boogie.

xfjBDfg.gif

Here's the EU server

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...3307dd30ee05/NeoGAF-net-Unofficial-EU-Server/

I dont see him spawn out of thin air. If you look at the gif, he runs up to you from the guy that is standing on the left.

EatChildren

KDR is a borderline worthless metric in Conquest. I mean, every kill the opposition's tickets, and their deaths eat yours. So it's good to get lots of kills while doing as little dying as possible. But ticket bleed is essential and if you're not helping the team capture flags and push the opposition back you can fuck right off. Lost count of the amount of times I'd be on the losing team, and the person with the highest KDR in the entire match will be alongside us. Great you camped in a hole sniping, grinding to unlock more shit. Sure helped us win.

I think it's drag from the Call of Duty crowd, plus traditional shooters, where KDR is absolutely essential to benefit both your own score and the teams. The only metric of success in most shooters is being able to kill as many as you can while dying as little as possible. This isn't true for Battlefield's Conquest and never has been, though is useful for TDM for obvious reason.

This is why I sunk so many hours into TF2 CTF and Payload. And also why the first advice I give any new TF2 player is "your KDR does not equate to value towards your team, nor how to best play your class". In both TF2 and Battlefield you can smoke your team's scoreboard and sit right at the top without having close to the best KDR by doing other shit.

Sethos

Banned
In any case, the DMRs are pretty enjoyable. Fairly rubbish as the leading you have to do is crazy and their damage is quite low for a semi-automatic weapon but it really sends a tingling sensation down your spine when you get a well-placed medium range kill with them. Always had a soft spot with semi-automatics in any FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom