• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffinabox

Neo Member
So finally got my M249 from the campaign

I think I might be the only one here to of got the Level 6 Dam bug...

Where essentially if you die in or around the Dam, the game wont resume the level, just constantly crashes...20 pages of complaints about it on EA forum

needless to say it remains unfixed, the only solution is to restart the level, and DONT DIE!!

Not the only one, happened to me last night. Thought it had something to do with the drivers I had just installed, tried multiple reloads and then gave up. Thanks for the solution.

The ridiculous part is that I died thanks to a single guy being unhittable. Unloaded everything into him, not a scratch. Hannah and Irish just stood there like idiots and watched.

I really think those attack boats need some tweaking. I can't even peak my head around a corner at one of them without them insta-gibbing me.

Already slowly getting bored of the game....

All valid points. I really wish there was a team scramble option so that when a lopsided round is over the teams can be completely different next round. I played on a few servers in BC2 that would scramble in the middle of a match if it was bad enough.

I'm so bad at this game. I can't really see the enemy even if they stand right in front of me. :(
They merge into the rest of the image so well for me

Sounds like Zavod :p I really don't like that map....

This is one of the reasons I liked BC2 so much. I never had an issue with seeing enemies. Though it could be because that game had much simpler geometry and foliage.

cripterion

lol end round on GAF server, BF4.exe crash... Trying to join again it's telling me to shut down the exe in the task manager (which I shouldn't fucking have to) but the exe crashed so it's fucking closed already... I swear this game makes me rage hard with all these crashes.

Sethos

Banned
All valid points. I really wish there was a team scramble option so that when a lopsided round is over the teams can be completely different next round. I played on a few servers in BC2 that would scramble in the middle of a match if it was bad enough.

That would make me so happy. Just mix up the damn teams when the round ends. You are already sort-of bummed out when the next round starts because the teams are exactly the same which usually means the outcome is as well.

ibuzEY34sQX4mc.gif

Worst Levolution in any of the maps. The or Locker

The dam falls and creates rubble blocking a path.... that's all. You'd expect the level with "dam" in the title to have some damn water

Ocho

That GAF vs GAF match yesterday... Hate the Canadian flag, now. Thank God game crashed so it could end my suffering. I think I ended with a 0.25 kdr.

Best part of the day was my AA undercover battle vs Spl1nters and Norua. Pretty sure I could've killed you guys, alas I crashed.

Some quotes from Mumble:

"How can he be so good with the AA? He is so far away. He must be handsome as well."

Crashes are fewer since I reinstalled game but they are still frequent enough that I don't really have that great of a time. Plz Dice.

cripterion

The dam falls and creates rubble blocking a path.... that's all. You'd expect the level with "dam" in the title to have some damn water

It's the worst map of the game imo. It's playing on GAF server right now, queuing to join, hopefully they'll be done with it by the time I get in.

I absolutely hate fighting that goes on in that little patch of island at the center. You go there to cap the point you have to fend off boats, helis and snipers and there's like nothing to take cover.

Ravek

Banned
Agreed with the few who say theyrr already bored with MP. Maybe its the controls (PS3), the horrible hit detections, or something else but im not getting the adrenaline I was expecting.

After playing for a couple hours last night, I turned on BF3. It felt so good.

After a week-long Battlefield bender I'm shelving this game for now. Shit is just not ready, and it remains to be seen if they'll be able to fix the netcode - which is the worst offender.

BF3 was the better game.

It's the worst map of the game imo. It's playing on GAF server right now, queuing to join, hopefully they'll be done with it by the time I get in.

I absolutely hate fighting that goes on in that little patch of island at the center. You go there to cap the point you have to fend off boats, helis and snipers and there's like nothing to take cover.

I'm having a hard time saying anything nice about Dawnbreaker. I just don't know why that map exists or what it's trying to do.

That map is slowly making its way into my "hate" column. I like some of the action that happens around the buildings but the island is freaking awful. Any time I step foot on that thing I hear the sound of 9 sniper rounds being fired in my direction instantly. FUN!

I'm still only rank 9. I haven't been scoring a ton each map like I was in the beta. Shanghai is a good map though. There's a lot of ways to be useful there. I don't always feel that way on other maps.

Battlefield...where you'll unload 300 rounds down iron sight at point blank range and hit nothing.
...where an enemy's short 3 round burst from across the map drops you instantly.
...where nobody on your team spots.
...where the sky is dominated by helicopter player with a KDR of 50-1.
...where enemy tanks require 40 rockets to take down.
...where nobody drops ammo.
...where you're shot out of the air before you can properly lift off.
...where every spawn is circled by 10 enemies, all aiming at you.

Battlefield: Waaaahmbulance Edition.

meshwork

So finally got my M249 from the campaign

I think I might be the only one here to of got the Level 6 Dam bug...

Where essentially if you die in or around the Dam, the game wont resume the level, just constantly crashes...20 pages of complaints about it on EA forum

needless to say it remains unfixed, the only solution is to restart the level, and DONT DIE!!

Oh you're not the only one. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I figured what the hell let's just play that level again because it won't resume the mission, and I ended up in some area on the top level of the dam with no way of getting down so I dropped down and DICE's idea of fall damage killed me AGAIN. That is the point at which I thought fuck this shit and I haven't gone back since :D

In any case, the DMRs are pretty enjoyable. Fairly rubbish as the leading you have to do is crazy and their damage is quite low for a semi-automatic weapon but it really sends a tingling sensation down your spine when you get a well-placed medium range kill with them. Always had a soft spot with semi-automatics in any FPS.
People say the DRM's in hardcore are much better than in normal.

Marvel

could never
Thought y'all loved this game and it's new and improved map design? lotta hate now. Guess I'll find out for myself on the 29th.

Sethos

Banned
Thought y'all loved this game and it's new and improved map design? lotta hate now. Guess I'll find out for myself on the 29th.

That's how it always goes :p When the honeymoon is over you start to notice the problems. Still like the game and will continue playing but it does feel like great matches are far and few in-between.

That map is slowly making its way into my "hate" column. I like some of the action that happens around the buildings but the island is freaking awful. Any time I step foot on that thing I hear the sound of 9 sniper rounds being fired in my direction instantly. FUN!

I'm still only rank 9. I haven't been scoring a ton each map like I was in the beta. Shanghai is a good map though. There's a lot of ways to be useful there. I don't always feel that way on other maps.

Shanghai is one of the best maps. You can still run around as infantry as a viable option and it doesn't feel like you're running for miles.The shape is also like a new age but smaller wake island

Also do the colums take more damage on the skyscraper now before it comes down. It was two tanks shells per column in the beta but I hit at least 4 into one yesterday before it broke

Marvel

could never
That's how it always goes :p When the honeymoon is over you start to notice the problems. Still like the game and will continue playing but it does feel like great matches are far and few in-between.

Ah yes, the honeymoon period, makes sense. I hope I can enjoy it over a long period of time like I did with 3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Battlefield: Waaaahmbulance Edition.

It's awesome, because every bad match is followed by the best you've ever had.

I think a lot of the hate stems from technical frustrations. Kinda hard to really sink into the maps and mechanics when you're constantly wrestling with technical issues hindering the simple act of playing the game. That's what's made this launch so disappointing. To go from a pretty damn smooth beta to half your games server crashing and constant rubber banding...that's no fun. Plus the sound bugs. Take the railway map. It's big, open, lots of vehicles. I'm sure I'll love it. But I can't play it properly because it's permanently sound bugged for me (and others), and one of the prime culprits of the rubber banding bug. Not much to do except ride it out and hope the issues get fixed asap so we can focus more on playing instead of trying to play.

otapnam

KDR is a borderline worthless metric in Conquest. I mean, every kill the opposition's tickets, and their deaths eat yours. So it's good to get lots of kills while doing as little dying as possible. But ticket bleed is essential and if you're not helping the team capture flags and push the opposition back you can fuck right off. Lost count of the amount of times I'd be on the losing team, and the person with the highest KDR in the entire match will be alongside us. Great you camped in a hole sniping, grinding to unlock more shit. Sure helped us win.

I think it's drag from the Call of Duty crowd, plus traditional shooters, where KDR is absolutely essential to benefit both your own score and the teams. The only metric of success in most shooters is being able to kill as many as you can while dying as little as possible. This isn't true for Battlefield's Conquest and never has been, though is useful for TDM for obvious reason.

This is why I sunk so many hours into TF2 CTF and Payload. And also why the first advice I give any new TF2 player is "your KDR does not equate to value towards your team, nor how to best play your class". In both TF2 and Battlefield you can smoke your team's scoreboard and sit right at the top without having close to the best KDR by doing other shit.

The real metric is score per minute, skill, win percentage and kills per minute.

Ratio is nice but its not the end all

Smokey

Any ody else digging the DMRs? Really like the RFB, especially with a scope and some other attachments to help with stability.

It's awesome, because every bad match is followed by the best you've ever had.

I'm still waiting for the feeling cos the build is so unreliable. I haven't had time to get the hang of things and learn the maps yet

The net code is also pissing me off. Hearing missile locks AFTER getting hit, getting shot behind walls and also trading kills with guys after clearly killing them first

Twinduct

Had a nice 4 match run with no crashes (barring the damn audio bug thing). Was also fun being a squad leader for once. Felt proud as my squad actually played together. It's kinda crazy how fast a 5 player squad can turn things around in this game. Until armor shows up ofcourse.

Looking forward to caspian border to show up though. There is too many 'armor' based levels for Conquest large and very few of them actually offer enough protection for inf to move around without vehicles.

Is Scar pretty much the best short to mid range assault rifle? Almost done with it's unlocks (before the chests show up)

The net code is also pissing me off. Hearing missile locks AFTER getting hit, getting shot behind walls and also trading kills with guys after clearly killing them first

Leaving the other guy with 1 HP is like the games way of telling you it doesn't know what the fuck just happened, and seems to just randomly declare a victor. Happens constantly in close-quarters and Domination.

Leaving the other guy with 1 HP is like the games way of telling you it doesn't know what the fuck just happened, and seems to just randomly declare a victor. Happens constantly in close-quarters and Domination.

Close quarter combat is where BF games fall apart. When the Close Quarters DLC for BF3 launched I couldn't believe how laggy the hit reg was

What I hate is visibly dropping a guy and it saying "enemy killed" and then me dying a second later from the dude dead on the ground. That shit would fly at distance but at point blank it's annoying

Crisco

Banned
The crashes you guys are getting, are they mostly crashes to desktop or legit hard locks where you have to reset your PC? Cuz if it's the latter, it's probably not the game's fault......

Playing stupid Obliteration on Operation Locker, had been going for 1 hour 10 minutes, we were just about to win and my fucking game crashed, 20,000 EXP lost. Fuck this shit.

aravuus

Every levolution event sucks imo. Flood's seem to be the only one that radically changes the way the map's played. But I hate that map. So that's that.

What's Locker's levolution?

Leatherface

lag lag kick crash o_o

ain't that the truth.

also, the person who said this is right on the money:

Battlefield...where you'll unload 300 rounds down iron sight at point blank range and hit nothing.
...where an enemy's short 3 round burst from across the map drops you instantly.
...where nobody on your team spots.
...where the sky is dominated by helicopter player with a KDR of 50-1.
...where enemy tanks require 40 rockets to take down.
...where nobody drops ammo.
...where you're shot out of the air before you can properly lift off.
...where every spawn is circled by 10 enemies, all aiming at you.

I want to love this game because the maps are fantastic, but god damn is it frustrating!!
Also, I'm pretty sure hacking is going on already. I was killed by someone through three walls with a single shot. :\

still can't get over the ultra quick time to kill, it was fine in bf3 not seeing the rationale in changing it here, i've probably had more cheap deaths in 12 hours of bf4 than I've had in 100 hours of bf3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom