• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

woober

iFOK0zFZ03BWK.gif

Had a funny water battle.

I'm sure there are impressions burried some where is this huge thread. As a PS4 player, how is the game in general compared to BF3 and BC2? I don't care about single player.

otapnam

I honestly think the only real way to determine a player's "value" is to play with them and then ask yourself if you want this person on your team/in your squad.

There are too many variables for the stats to be meaningful. A spawn beacon in a building at the far point of the map in a match your team is losing is super valuable. There will be points for the spawns, sure--but nothing for the cap, or the disables and slowing of vehicles out of the enemy spawn that it eventually provides, giving your team the opportunity to turn the tide.

Shitload of points to be had for throwing down a pack and flinging shit down a hallway in CQ though--and there's certainly a place for that, it's fun. But I guess what I'm getting at is that some of the most important things don't show on the scoreboard, so you can't math it out. Gotta see it. With your EYES! Gotta feel it. With your LOINS!

lol. yeah, i was just talking about how some people think a good K:D is the only important thing :p

cripterion

17-5 on GAF server, doing fine, having fun, server crash. I'm taking that fucking break. I feel like a sucker, for buying premium.

Fistwell

I'm sure there are impressions burried some where is this huge thread. As a PS4 player, how is the game in general compared to BF3 and BC2? I don't care about single player.
Lacks polish, not very stable online. Graphics engine performs pretty well. Maps are meh to me, most of them are decent, no real standout. Preferred the ones in vanilla BF3 overall, but not by much. The game, by far and large, feels pretty much how BF3 felt (to me) in terms of gunplay, vehicles, etc.

cripterion

Brought a tear to my eye when a fellow [GAF] was in beast mode :')
h4xx0r

lol funny thing is right before the end of the server, I was typing "laaaagggg" "expecting this to crash". This has happened so many times it's not even funny, and as many others have said, curiously does in times when you're heating up, I haven't had the game crash on me when I was sucking and getting steamrolled by heli's and tanks on shitty lancang dam.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I feel like a sucker, for buying premium.

I feel lucky. I simply forgot to buy premium when I bought the game. Then the issues started surfacing. No way I'm buying premium until I know 100% the crashing is fixed for good.

I'm happy with everything else. Love the maps, vehicles, weapons. In fact, I'm even fine with the netcode. I typically have a ping of 30-40 and I've only really encountered a few bullshit moments.

I just really, really want a fix to the crashing.

It's a bit buggy right now, but overall better than BF3 in most departments. Maps are a big improvement over the garbage that BF3 launched with.

cripterion

I'll be extra salty if this comes out on Xbone and PS4 and people get to play smoothly.
I don't think I would enjoy Battlefield with a gamepad but as of right now I'd trade the beautiful graphics, the resolution for a working game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's a bit buggy right now, but overall better than BF3 in most departments. Maps are a big improvement over the garbage that BF3 launched with.
Tehran Highway never forget... and im not a fan of Noshahr Canals either.

RSTEIN

I'll be extra salty if this comes out on Xbone and PS4 and people get to play smoothly.
I don't think I would enjoy Battlefield with a gamepad but as of right now I'd trade the beautiful graphics, the resolution for a working game.

Hey now, let's not go crazy :p

cripterion

Hey now, let's not go crazy :p

Well I'm honest though, game seemed fine when I watched the BF4 Shodown.
But I know
I hope?
they'll fix this eventually on pc.

As for the maps, so far the one's I had the most fun in are Shanghai and Zavod. I like Dawnbreaker too.

Seanspeed

Banned
Gotta say, people who talk shit to people who don't know how to fly vehicles and whatnot really need to reevaluate their condescension.

No amount of time spent in the Test Range or in empty servers prepares you for the challenges of flying and whatnot in an actual battle. The truth is, people need a lot of time to learn this stuff and the ONLY WAY to do it is by actually doing it in-game.

So while I'm sure its annoying to deal with somebody who hasn't learned do the right thing in 'whatever' situation, you've gotta deal with it or give up playing with randoms. This is NOT a noob-friendly game whatsoever and people who try and pretend it is are kidding themselves and must forget what its like to start out or just be gods at video gaming.

Gotta say, people who talk shit to people who don't know how to fly vehicles and whatnot really need to reevaluate their condescension.

No amount of time spent in the Test Range or in empty servers prepares you for the challenges of flying and whatnot in an actual battle. The truth is, people need a lot of time to learn this stuff and the ONLY WAY to do it is by actually doing it in-game.

So while I'm sure its annoying to deal with somebody who hasn't learned do the right thing in 'whatever' situation, you've gotta deal with it or give up playing with randoms. This is NOT a noob-friendly game whatsoever and people who try and pretend it is are kidding themselves and must forget what its like to start out or just be gods at video gaming.

These people aren't saying it's a noob-friendly game. What you need to understand is that part of being a noob is taking shit from people who aren't. The time you spent here complaining about people complaining could be better spent by addressing their actual complaint, no?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wonder if you can section off C and D in zavod and just do some team elimination with 16 players. That would be pretty damn great in itself.

Seanspeed

Banned
These people aren't saying it's a noob-friendly game. What you need to understand is that part of being a noob is taking shit from people who aren't. The time you spent here complaining about people complaining could be better spent by addressing their actual complaint, no?
I've heard people say its a noob-friendly game, though.

And no, I don't think 'taking shit' should be part of playing a video game. Its a video game. Perhaps if people were more supportive overall, people wouldn't get discouraged and say 'fuck this' and give up on it, which I've heard of several people doing when it comes to Battlefield.

Are you one of these people that act condescending? Is that why you're trying to defend it?

GSO

burney

Neo Member
Now that the game is stable for me and a couple of friends of mine it's actually fun to play. Although the game could use a balancing round.

Two hard crashes in the space of five minutes tonight. Just started playing. What gives? Game freezes with an audio loop. Have to use Task Manager to get out. It has happened before a few times, but never so soon into the game like this and twice in succession. FUCK'S SAKE.

RSTEIN

The time you spent here complaining about people complaining could be better spent by addressing their actual complaint, no?

And I'd argue your time is better spent by giving him advice rather than criticizing how he manages his free time.

wrongway

lol don't ask, he got the kill right as that explosion fucked up his aim

Could be legit and not luck, either way nice shot ...
I'm gonna go with this. At first, it looked like he fired while aiming at the intake, but the shot seems to go out right as the chopper starts getting knocked around, so who knows. Might be netcode bullshittery, might just be a lucky dice roll from cone of fire bloom caused by the explosions.

Ultryx

Playing stupid Obliteration on Operation Locker, had been going for 1 hour 10 minutes, we were just about to win and my fucking game crashed, 20,000 EXP lost. Fuck this shit.

All you have to do is exit from the game and do not restart or start a new server until that game you crashed from, ends. You will still get the points. It's not perfect but it's better than no points!

Sethos

Banned
Guys, the Danish center where the GAF server is hosted is no bueno. DDoS and some other stuff. So they are offering moving the server, where to GAF - Sweden or Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom