• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
With medic being nerfed ( at least the revive I think ), and the C4 given to snipers/removed from support, it was sadly to be expected.
As if there was a need to make even more people pick the sniper class....

Suppression also seems to do jack shit against snipers. You can sit there and put several rounds in them from a distance, yet the suppression effect doesn't seem to stop their aim from one shotting you. Suppression should be an anti sniper mechanic, but it seems they are immune to it? On any other class taking hits or suppression effect causes your scope to sway like a bitch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mhmhm im gonna guess its the same as BF3, it doesnt let you switch teams if it becomes 'unbalanced'.

Correct, it'll let you switch if teams are 1:1 at that moment.

Overdoziz said:
And it doesn't let you switch multiple times in a row.

Quit->Rejoin server->Team Switch

FUCKTHEDICEPOPO.gif

I even do that in Team Fortress 2 when the game auto-balances me when I'm #2-3 on a team and throwing myself at objectives and dying repeatedly to capture the objective. NOPE, I'm not taking that loss because you decided to be a dick and auto-balance me right as I'm about to win. You can wait until next round to auto-balance.

It can't be coincidence that I'm constantly on the losing team, right? I mean I suck at this game so I'm part of the reason my team is losing. But at least I'm trying to do what we're supposed to do! I'm literally losing 9 out of 10 matches I'm involved in, either Conquest or Domination. Seeing "Your Team Lost" time after time after time is not fun at all. What is going on here? How can I be on the losing time so much? It is so frustrating.

No one works together. Example from last night: there are three capture points in a Domination match, and we had none of them. Meanwhile, there are 6 dudes on my team who've taken an elevator to the top of a building and are just trying to snipe people. Don't people realize that accomplishes nothing in a Domination match?

Is there any attempt on the game's end to balance teams? I can't tell if teams are reshuffling between rounds. What's the point of keeping the teams the same if one team just got destroyed? And why should I be playing against level 40 guys when I'm level 5? I stand no chance. Last night I got so pissed at this game. I am really starting to wish I hadn't bought it.

If you're going to play objective-based modes, then focus on the damn objectives, idiots!

Suppression also seems to do jack shit against snipers. You can sit there and put several rounds in them from a distance, yet the suppression effect doesn't seem to stop their aim from one shotting you. Suppression should be an anti sniper mechanic, but it seems they are immune to it? On any other class taking hits or suppression effect causes your scope to sway like a bitch.

Suppression is easier to manage in this game than it was but I can tell you I've had long range fights with snipers whose shots are whistinling over my head, but when I fire back their shots are all over the place.

watchdog

I wouldn't be surprised if the map boundaries on Dawnbreaker are in the top list of things to patch. But even if they did increase the fly zone, it still seems pointless to have a Jet on a map that is so cramped by skyscrapers. Perhaps once you unlock the bombs, jets could have a meaningful impact on the game on the ground. But as it stands, the map is too small and the jet guns so pathetically weak it's not worth it.

Expanding the map boundaries would only make it easier for jet vs jet and occasionally jet vs heli combat.

Yeah, maybe once I unlock bombs it'll be better. But it's just odd that they'd have jets on this type of map. It's difficult to line up a gun run when you have the buildings and boundaries to contend with. I think the map would probably be better off with just helos.

elyetis

That was just beta. C4 is the last upgrade in the support kit. Claymore is the last upgrade in the sniper kit. The reason it is engineers and snipers mostly in Conquest is because there are better game modes to play support/assault on, ones you don't face a ton of vehicles.
Good to know, even thought you can't expect most people to play classes only to really feel good with them after the last unlock. :/

In bf3 vehicules in conquest didn't stop medic to be heavily played ( medic train ! ), sniper didn't need c4 to get played either, and engineers were always played in conquest. Support was probably the least played of the 4 classes ( from my experience at least ); and now there is even less reasons to play one, at least beore you make many unlocks.
Also got that feeling, you can empty an entire Light Machine Guns clip on a sniper, he will still hit you without a sweat during that time. Maybe with the PERIMETER DEFENSE Field Upgrade.

Bombless

It can't be coincidence that I'm constantly on the losing team, right? I mean I suck at this game so I'm part of the reason my team is losing. But at least I'm trying to do what we're supposed to do! I'm literally losing 9 out of 10 matches I'm involved in, either Conquest or Domination. Seeing "Your Team Lost" time after time after time is not fun at all. What is going on here? How can I be on the losing time so much? It is so frustrating.

No one works together. Example from last night: there are three capture points in a Domination match, and we had none of them. Meanwhile, there are 6 dudes on my team who've taken an elevator to the top of a building and are just trying to snipe people. Don't people realize that accomplishes nothing in a Domination match?

Is there any attempt on the game's end to balance teams? I can't tell if teams are reshuffling between rounds. What's the point of keeping the teams the same if one team just got destroyed? And why should I be playing against level 40 guys when I'm level 5? I stand no chance. Last night I got so pissed at this game. I am really starting to wish I hadn't bought it.

If you're going to play objective-based modes, then focus on the damn objectives, idiots!

Teams reshuffling on new map and auto-balance are server configured I believe. Some have them on, some don't (which is idiotic, but i digress).

Agreed on Domination. Too many people start camping rather than run for the points. And then complain about losing despite their impressive K/D.

Looking at my stats I'm at 49% wins but it sure feels like I lost much more than that. Frustration I guess.

Support feels like a better class in this game than BF3.

Probably because it's the onyl class that really dishes out effective suppression.

But the class also has better gadgets. I haven't tried the MP APS yet but it seems like it could be real useful in the right situation. The remote mortar is one of the most satisfying weapons I've used and really borders on over-powered. Claymores are self explanatory, the XM25 is great in the right hands, though the smoke version really seems pathetic; great perhaps if you want to create atmosphere by dropping knee high mist but fairly useless as a tool to obscure sightlines. I haven't tried the dart version but having essentially a shotgun as a tertiary weapon is attractive.

vixlar

Someone knows how weapon and class points are distributed?

I know you earn weapon points for killing with that weapon. But, I'm not sure if kill bonus like headshots or multi kills go to class or weapon.

It seems you earn weapon points for kill assist, but I'm not sure if you need it to be assist count as kill, or it can be a normal assist to be counted as weapon points.

And if you do some damage or most damage with a weapon, but the last shot is done with other weapon, are those points splitted, or the 100 points go to the last weapon?

Played a few rounds last night and "only" had two client side crashes. Otherwise, game is surprisingly butter-smooth for me. Performance is as good as BF3, if not better.

When the game clicks, it's amazing. Had a few hit and miss rounds with Conquest and Rush, then I played Obliteration with my brother and a good squad. It was pretty amazing. No time limit, so the round when on for a while and tug-of-war'ed for quite some time, but I ended up getting an arm/explosion, then helped cover the last two. I can see how people would get frustrated with the game mode, but if you have a good team, it's pretty amazing and intense. SO many situations where we rounded a corner and faced 8-10 enemies or 2-4 vehicles.

Katyusha

Really loving the ACR, it's currently my top weapon.

I don't know why, but I hated it in the beta. I much preferred the AK 5C then, but that's not the case now.

Suppression no longer does much of anything to accuracy, all it does is fiddle with your view. An experienced player just ignores that and drills you.

Not just suppression, but getting hit penalty. It does make an obvious difference with other classes, I'm taking hits or getting suppressed, and my ADS aim is swaying like a bitch. Against a prone sniper, I can be hitting them one shot after another, yet it doesn't seem to affect their shots from far away, when a sway or suppression would affect a large magnification scope much more than any other.

Grief.exe

How do you use these?

He explained it a few posts down

To import emblems:
  1. Go to your emblem editor
  2. Start a new emblem, leave it blank
  3. Start up your browser console (CTRL+SHIFT+J in Chrome)
  4. Paste code
  5. Enter

Note:
Non-premium members can not add more than 20 layers.

The Quake 3 one is 9 layers heh.

Really loving the ACR, it's currently my top weapon.

I don't know why, but I hated it in the beta. I much preferred the AK 5C then, but that's not the case now.

My favorite weapon is the AEK right now. Just dirty up close and with proper recoil control, pretty solid at medium ranges as well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
5 rounds now and not a single crash, yeah guys forward your goddamn ports.

Ocho

Does anyone have the distance messuring thing for the sniper? Is there a video how this thing works?

I saw one yesterday, in spanish. Basically if you know the distance of the person at the other end, lets say 500m, you set the distance of the sniper to 500m. If you aim exactly at this head, the shot will land there, instead of having to aim higher and take falloff into account. Hope this helps.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Having to forward your ports is an absolutely unacceptable solution, and it fucking pisses me off when a developer sucks so bad at network code that it is required.

When you're able to play Counterstrike, CoD, Planetfall 2, Natural Selection and even Battlefield 3 with zero issues on the same box with the same router, but for some reason only BF4 requires port forwarding you've completely dropped the ball.

I saw one yesterday, in spanish. Basically if you know the distance of the person at the other end, lets say 500m, you set the distance of the sniper to 500m. If you aim exactly at this head, the shot will land there, instead of having to aim higher and take falloff into account. Hope this helps.

Thats great!

Sn4ke_911

Does the port forwarding solve game crashes or just server disconnects?

Well you might wanna try it like in that youtube video.

I always had the client closed, disconnected error.

6. round now = no crash/disconnect/freeze

Sn4ke_911

Having to forward your ports is an absolutely unacceptable solution, and it fucking pisses me off when a developer sucks so bad at network code that it is required.

When you're able to play Counterstrike, CoD, Planetfall 2, Natural Selection and even Battlefield 3 with zero issues on the same box with the same router, but for some reason only BF4 requires port forwarding you've completely dropped the ball.

Sure it's stupid but when such a simple thing solves the problem then to hell so be it.

J-Rzez

No thanks. I'd rather just not give DICE and EA my money anymore. This is unacceptable and I can't believe a title like this is suffering this bad. I'll play now just because I unfortunately paid money for this nonsense, but this is ridiculous. The "beta" client ran much more stable than this.

DICE should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on this product. Between the numerous types of crashes (sometimes losing progress) and the horrible netcode with bullshit latency levels, this is unacceptable.

I'd say EA should be ashamed as well, but that publisher feels no shame in their actions.

This trend of releasing known garbage and patching later needs to die.

Grief.exe

I'd say EA should be ashamed as well, but that publisher feels no shame in their actions.

You are right, EA doesn't give a shit. Just another developer's name to run into the ground.

Bioware and Maxis before, next up, Dice. I actually think the final product, after all the optimization passes go through will be decent.

Sn4ke_911

No thanks. I'd rather just not give DICE and EA my money anymore. This is unacceptable and I can't believe a title like this is suffering this bad. I'll play now just because I unfortunately paid money for this nonsense, but this is ridiculous. The "beta" client ran much more stable than this.

DICE should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on this product. Between the numerous types of crashes (sometimes losing progress) and the horrible netcode with bullshit latency levels, this is unacceptable.

Your loss, it's just a temporary solution and tbh i can't see a problem with port forwarding but ok.

J-Rzez

Your loss, it's just a temporary solution and tbh i can't see a problem with port forwarding but ok.

I thought we were well beyond the days in PC gaming where you had to do the dance and fix game issues yourself. These developers need to be shown we're not taking this anymore. In fact, in the past few years it feels like we're taking steps backwards in this regard rather than ahead.

Does that fix the bullshit latency in the game as well?

Sn4ke_911

Is this proven, or is this just anecdotal?

I had played 6 rounds before I encountered a crash. This could be entirely luck of the draw here.

Well the longest i could last befor PF was 1 round, most the time i got kicked during the second round. Now it's the 7 round and no crash. I can only speak for myself and it worked for me.

for me it's smooth with no stuttering, as i said it may not work for you but i would give it a shot, it doesn't hurt.

Nope, that is on Dice's end. No way to fix that.

I am getting fucking tired of dying when I'm well behind cover.

They fixed it with BC2 and BF3 (for the most part). I've no doubt they'll do the same with BF4, even though it is ridiculous that it's still an issue that needs fixing.

Ultryx

I still get crashes here and there, but aside from that I absolutely love this game. I hate seeing trash recon do nothing in a game though. If you're not going to play a class to the benefit of the entire team, THEN DON'T PLAY IT AT ALL.

PS - DICE fix the crashes, nerf the boat, fix the latency issue when I'm running around cover (I wish).

I thought we were well beyond the days in PC gaming where you had to do the dance and fix game issues yourself. These developers need to be shown we're not taking this anymore. In fact, in the past few years it feels like we're taking steps backwards in this regard rather than ahead.

Games constantly come out that need port forwarding, and it's something that a person should always have set up for the consoles especially, it fixes a ton of issues.

It's not a problem that's going to go away since there is tons of online setups users have.

Spl1nter

Nope, since a lot of snipers don't even use any of that shit and just end up camping in one spot until they finally snipe someone, accumulating barely any kills and generally just being useless.

Well that's the fault of the player not the class. You could say the same for any class. Lots of assault dont revive me and give health. Lots of engineers dont repair my vehicle. Lots of support dont give out ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom