• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Me too. This has been an issue since BF3, which they never bothered to fix. I guess it's the engine and/or the servers? Going from CS:GO which has quite a bit of precision in comparison, to BF4, is frustrating.

I know the feeling. The utterly wank hit reg has got me to stop playing the game, it's more frustrating than playing Modern Warfare 2. Console owners might find this acceptable but to anyone with basic standards it's un-fucking-playable.

Tabby

Lol. C4, motion sensors, tugs, spawn beacon, carbines, shotguns, recon is the most useful and OP class.
Agree.
I find it fun playing a recon with a sniper rifle equipped with iron sights or red dot.
1 or 2 hit kill, miss and you're dead.

Normally I'd agree, but there are roles the recon can do that are pretty invaluable. Producing forward spawn points and lasing targets for instance.

Now, sure, the guy that does none of this and just sits on a hill with his sniper rifle is worthless, but that's the player not the class.

I'm also one of those that believe a good K:D contributes a good deal towards victory.

I agree. Guess I'm just sick of seeing so many useless recon users in my games.

Did he really need to clarify, considering one of the key parts of Recon is the... you know, reconnaissance part?

Well yeah, since he just said "tag". That just sounds like another word for spotting.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There's something that's bothering me a lot. It seems like there's a lot of invisible walls on pieces of objects where they shouldn't be. The sad thing is, I don't recall BF3 having this problem. Corners on buildings, pieces of rubble, hand rails, etc. I was just on Zavod and saw a guy climbing a ladder. Of course, I try to shoot him. But oh, the metal bars around the ladder apparently are fully protecting him, sweet. Seriously, what the hell? In 3, you could shoot through tiny holes.

Yeah, but most don't. Defending a point or two don't win games. Sure it's effective from time to time, but most snipers are shit and useless. An assault class could defend even more so since they have a gun that shots more than one round than every 2 seconds. They can revive fallen squad/team mates, effectively producing more defense/offence. They can heal others, and most do, because like I said before, most want dem points.

Barely any snipers leave their nest and when they do they're easy to swat.

Edit: Thanks to Grief.exe for recommending domination maps. It's improved my experience exponentially. :)

I've seen countless assaults doing jack shit to help the team either. They clearly just want to get their kills and are not helping take points or defend. Same can be said about bads in all roles.

Ironic your saying most do heal/rez when we have pages of people claiming the opposite.

Perception is fun that way

HariKari

There's something that's bothering me a lot. It seems like there's a lot of invisible walls on pieces of objects where they shouldn't be. The sad thing is, I don't recall BF3 having this problem. Corners on buildings, pieces of rubble, hand rails, etc. I was just on Zavod and saw a guy climbing a ladder. Of course, I try to shoot him. But oh, the metal bars around the ladder apparently are fully protecting him, sweet. Seriously, what the hell? In 3, you could shoot through tiny holes.

There is a lot of terrain collision in areas where there shouldn't be. Zavod's domination section is full of them. The most repeatable one in BF3 was on one of the CQ maps, Ziba tower I think, where you could be shot while you stood in a doorway but if you shot back at them it would hit the invisible wall.

Lazy map making. We probably won't ever get a patch for it.

I've seen countless assaults doing jack shit to help the team either. They clearly just want to get their kills and are not helping take points or defend. Same can be said about bads in all roles.

Ironic your saying most do heal/rez when we have pages of people claiming the opposite.

Perception is fun that way

And I've seen countless assaults reviving, healing and generally being helpful...so your point is? I've already said there are of course some who don't give a shit in their respective classes, but the vast majority do actually help the team.

DarkFlow

Banned
Is there a known issue with the 64 bit client? I used 32 yesterday and had two client crashes, but probably played nearly 10 matches.

I have no idea, but I can play for like a hour or more sometimes in 32 bit mode, and crash within 10 mins in 64. It might be because 32 bit seems to lock all the graphics on low and some assist is what is crashing. I would much rather play on 64, but I'll take what works right now. Also I'm using a 6870 on a i3-2100, so it's not really a powerhouse. I can only play in 1600x900 so it's not like it's pushing the crap out of my card. If I leave it on Auto settings, it pushes everything to high.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
AZj7Fy9.png

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There is a lot of terrain collision in areas where there shouldn't be. Zavod's domination section is full of them. The most repeatable one in BF3 was on one of the CQ maps, Ziba tower I think, where you could be shot while you stood in a doorway but if you shot back at them it would hit the invisible wall.

Lazy map making. We probably won't ever get a patch for it.

Just encountered another one on Dawnbreaker. Tried shooting someone that was lower than me while on some rubble. Just hit an invisible wall. Sigh. Yeah, I agree we probably will never see a patch for it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Were there "no sniper" servers for BF3 that locked the ability to select that class?

Seems like a lot of people would play on those (me included).

I noticed this too.

The metal bars (jail cells) in Locker are horrible. If you try shooting a guy through them all it does is make pretty sparks. OoooOOOOoOOhhhh, thanks, DICE.

Grief.exe

I noticed this too.

The metal bars (jail cells) in Locker are horrible. If you try shooting a guy through them all it does is make pretty sparks. OoooOOOOoOOhhhh, thanks, DICE.

Probably because you are hitting the metal bars instead of going through the cracks. I've killed plenty of people through those bars, you just have to be very precise.

There are plenty of legitimate issues with this game, making a bullet go through metal isn't one of them.

I swear I've hit invisible objects that have caused me to crash my chopper. Like today I was on Dawnbreaker and I was just flying straight up and suddenly I hit something (really nothing) and immediately flipped over and started falling.

Ive not played for a couple of days, the crashing just totally ruins it all. Even when you get a clear run in a match, you always have that thought in your mind "is it gonna crash?"

As of this point in time, its been a waste of money.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Probably because you are hitting the metal bars instead of going through the cracks. I've killed plenty of people through those bars, you just have to be very precise.

There are plenty of legitimate issues with this game, making a bullet go through metal isn't one of them.

Yeah, I haven't had a problem with the jail bars.

Sethos

Banned
So how has the EU server been running, for the people that has been playing on it? I see it's full now. Thinking in terms of post-relocation.

News Bot

Banned
Bought the game on PC last night and so far it's been spazzing out. Just very graphically glitchy. I'm on an AMD 7970 and it's the only game giving me problems, which is flickering blocks and distended, pointy textures. Also instant loss of all sound except gunfire at some points.

Was hoping to spend a few hours on it today, but nope. :(

Bought the game on PC last night and so far it's been spazzing out. Just very graphically glitchy. I'm on an AMD 7970 and it's the only game giving me the problem, which is flickering blocks and distended, pointy textures. Also instant loss of all sound except gunfire at some points.

Was hoping to spend a few hours on it today, but nope. :(
Have you installed the latest AMD drivers?

News Bot

Banned
Not the latest beta, doing that now (slow download). Always pretty wary of beta drivers but if it solves this then oh well.

Sethos

Banned
Man the DMRs are crazy. Unlocked the Mk11 yesterday and holy shit. Not only are they extremely deadly but their hip fire capabilities are hilarious. I'm pulling off this shit left and right;

DXye981.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom