• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

Like I promised some screenshot of Rogue Transmission:

abg32la4.jpg

kaxi36kg.jpg

cvth6zxr.jpg

4elj2kyj.jpg

35rxg9gi.jpg

It's so beautiful...

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah the US LA server is seeing alot of traffic. PM with your names so I can add you to priority queue. I can't do force kicks though because I got no PROCON layer. ;(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
bgysu4e.jpg

One of the most unbearably infuriating games of Battlefield anything I've ever played. Fuck the entire opposing team. Fuck my entire shitty team. Fuck the shitty useless tank drivers. Fuck my incompetence. Fuck spawning and no shit getting stabbed from behind 0.1 seconds after. Fuck the C4 dickheads at main spawn. Fuck the snipers and engineers crawling around the perimeter accomplishing absolutely nothing. Fuck that game and fuck everything.

Sethos

Banned
http://abload.de/img/bgysu4e.jpg

One of the most unbearably infuriating games of Battlefield anything I've ever played. Fuck the entire opposing team. Fuck my entire shitty team. Fuck the shitty useless tank drivers. Fuck my incompetence. Fuck spawning and no shit getting stabbed from behind 0.1 seconds after. Fuck the C4 dickheads at main spawn. Fuck the snipers and engineers crawling around the perimeter accomplishing absolutely nothing. Fuck that game and fuck everything.

Summary: Excellent game which offers a wide variety of activities, it really nails that war atmosphere. Great teamwork and team spirit plus a multitude of weapons and equipment. Would play again.

9/10

See, we just wrote a professional review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXnUCN335dQ

Holy shit. When playing I can tell the net code is shit, but it's hard to notice things this bad in the heat of the moment. He dies before the frikkin enemy gun actually fires, what the hell.

Compared to how you would die 2 seconds after being shot in CoD games and BC2/BF3 before, now you are killed before they shoot! They are trying to find an even spot

Summary: Excellent game which offers a wide variety of activities, it really nails that war atmosphere. Great teamwork and team spirit plus a multitude of weapons and equipment. Would play again.

9/10

See, we just wrote a professional review.

So the reviewer was on the Russian side

grendelrt

bgysu4e.jpg

I rage quit last night because of spawning issues in Domination. My friend spawned , I immediately spawned on him, server spawns apposing team players behind us less than a second later and we get shot in the back. I spawned 4 different times and 3/4 of those times I was killed before even taking a step.

Gaz_RB

http://abload.de/img/bgysu4e.jpg

lmao, we all of those games, man

As much as I prefer the maps in BF4, the map balancing needs some work.

I mostly play Rush and maps like Zavod 311 make it incredibly difficult for the attackers on the first and last group of MCOMs.

With the first pair of MCOMs, the attackers get no vehicles, not even buggies, so it's very hard to flank a team of snipers and support players, since defending yourself or taking out defenders before they see you risks giving your position away. So strategically your choices are running straight at the objectives and hoping you can do enough damage to get to an MCOM or distract the defenders while your team flanks in wide open terrain with no cover.

If the team manages to do it then the next two sets of MCOMs are pretty easy. The last pair...I've never seen them both destroyed. One is easy, one is at the top of a platform you can't knock down, with no helicopters. You just have to run up a staircase and hope that you can dislodge one of the 5+ guys sitting at the top waiting for you.

Normally you'd say a team that can't beat the first two MCOMs in Rush is a shit team but I've seen it happen far too often on numerous maps.

HelloMeow

bgysu4e.jpg

The worst thing is the kents who join and switch teams cause their team is losing, makes the balancing even worse.

HelloMeow

The worst thing is the kents who join and switch teams cause their team is losing, makes the balancing even worse.

tumblr_lwfp4zAFQd1qd939co1_400.gif

Seriously, when I'm playing on my own I don't want to be babysitting a team of idiots that will lose either way.

He wasn't in cover, just because he couldn't see the enemy, doesn't mean the opponent can't see him.

I certainly was, or he would have made a headshot.

Bombless

bgysu4e.jpg

I know the feeling man. I can be in the middle of fucking nowhere behind a rock facing a border of the map that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER and there'll be a fucking recon there to snipe me. Then I'll respawn on the other side of the freaking world and he'll be there to shoot me in the back again.

There's just games like that.

Seriously, when I'm playing on my own I don't want to be babysitting a team of idiots that will lose either way.

I never think of it and I always seem to end up not even being able to support my team because you just get owned when that sort of game happens, or when I do think of it the game wont let me swap lol

I think there should be an auto balance system in place that shuffles teams when games like that happen, but nope - next game, teams the same.

tumblr_lwfp4zAFQd1qd939co1_400.gif

I certainly was, or he would have made a headshot.

With the fov, that is not true. Your shoulders and such would still be visible, your about 10 feet away from the actual cover walking around in the open. A persons los in game has nothing to do with being in cover or the visibility of the enemy. It's no different in real life.

BizzyBum

Fuck the snipers and engineers crawling around the perimeter accomplishing absolutely nothing.

lol I always get pissed when I die from a sniper and then see where they killed me (usually on a roof or somewhere on the edge). I mean, yeah I know it's what snipers do.. but you're not helping your team capture points at all so fuck off.

lol I always get pissed when I die from a sniper and then see where they killed me (usually on a roof or somewhere on the edge). I mean, yeah I know it's what snipers do.. but you're not helping your team capture points at all so fuck off.

Killing enemies is helping. Snipers are only useless when there is too many on a team so you got no boots on the ground capturing positions in conquest mode. But many a times I've snuck into a position to capture an enemy position only to have a sniper a mile away pick me off and stop me ninja capture.

phaonaut

bgysu4e.jpg

This reminds me of the mirror scene in 25th hour.

Link, if you're curious.

Not to mention it's very rare a sniper uses their advantage to actually defend armed MCOMs or take out more active defenders. Most snipers just aim for other snipers.

Seanspeed

Banned
You can just up and switch teams?

Holy crap. Why is that a feature? How could they not know this would lead to people exploiting it and making games more and more one-sided?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Holy crap. Why is that a feature? How could they not know this would lead to people exploiting it and making games more and more one-sided?
mhmhm im gonna guess its the same as BF3, it doesnt let you switch teams if it becomes 'unbalanced'.

RS4-

Depends on the mode as well. TDM you can't switch if someone is maybe within 15 kills to win.

iirc same thing with conquest. Or if teams are full/unbalanced.

They need battlepacks for melee kills :(

AmyS

I guess it's a good thing I probably won't be able to secure a PS4 until the end of Dec at the soonest and won't have the funds for a highend PC until spring. By then I hope to shit all major issues are resolved.

HelloMeow

With the fov, that is not true. Your shoulders and such would still be visible, your about 10 feet away from the actual cover walking around in the open. A persons los in game has nothing to do with being in cover or the visibility of the enemy. It's no different in real life.

He was at least as far away from that piece of cover as I was. I was well behind that piece of cover.
6qbkYWJ.png

This was most likely his point of view.

sflufan

Banned
I've just about had it up to here with this extended server stress test that we're all participating in and that I'm paying for. Tonight, we had the server just over half full on Paracel Storm and were probably this close for it hitting critical mass for totally filling when BLAM! it crashes. After that, we never got more than 18 in it.

I'm really, REALLY aggravated by the lack of stability for this release and so are other server renters in the Game Servers and NFO Servers forums -- this is VASTLY worse than the BF3 release when it comes to stability, and this is to say nothing about lag problems on over half the maps, the still-solved audio clipping issues, and the client crashes.

I'm utterly cheesed off that I'm paying $70/month for an extended server stress test for DICE and an extended beta for the game itself. This game was unquestionably rushed to market to compete with Call of Duty and the other next-gen releases this autumn and it's absolutely reflected in all of these issues.

I've apologized to the members of the my community who are losing progress when the server crashes and I constantly monitor various GSP forums to see what others are doing for solutions (hint, they're pretty much removing more than half the maps from the rotation, including some of the cool ones like Storm, Shanghai, and Locker!). As much as I do enjoy providing a place for my community to play together, this nonsense just isn't worth it!

watchdog

Why the hell do they allow you to fly a jet in Dawnbreaker?! You're always going outside of the map. The only map I've actually enjoyed so far is Rogue Transmission. The rest of the maps just don't appeal to me that much. All in all, I'm a bit disappointed in the game in its current state.

Nori Chan

Why did they remove the one or two second of invulnerability after spawning? I loved it and saved my life in bf3 so many times. I hate dying immediately after spawning.

Why the hell do they allow you to fly a jet in Dawnbreaker?! You're always going outside of the map. The only map I've actually enjoyed so far is Rogue Transmission. The rest of the maps just don't appeal to me that much. All in all, I'm a bit disappointed in the game in its current state.

I wouldn't be surprised if the map boundaries on Dawnbreaker are in the top list of things to patch. But even if they did increase the fly zone, it still seems pointless to have a Jet on a map that is so cramped by skyscrapers. Perhaps once you unlock the bombs, jets could have a meaningful impact on the game on the ground. But as it stands, the map is too small and the jet guns so pathetically weak it's not worth it.

Expanding the map boundaries would only make it easier for jet vs jet and occasionally jet vs heli combat.

As you upgrade the aircraft (choppers included) they become pretty powerful forces to fuck shit up with.

HelloMeow

Why did they remove the one or two second of invulnerability after spawning? I loved it and saved my life in bf3 so many times. I hate dying immediately after spawning.

It wouldn't be a problem if the screen wouldn't turn black for two seconds after hitting "deploy".

smr00

Banned
So i keep hearing that the servers are complete doo-doo.

Should i hold off until they patch the game before buying? Me and a friend really want to play but if it's going to be sims all over again where we cant join games or continue to disconnect i really don't want to drop $60 right now. (PC version btw)

sflufan

Banned
So i keep hearing that the servers are complete doo-doo.

Should i hold off until they patch the game before buying? Me and a friend really want to play but if it's going to be sims all over again where we cant join games or continue to disconnect i really don't want to drop $60 right now. (PC version btw)

As someone who is renting a PC server for his community and has the pleasure of watching it crash when full and not being able to fill it again, hold off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXnUCN335dQ

Holy shit. When playing I can tell the net code is shit, but it's hard to notice things this bad in the heat of the moment. He dies before the frikkin enemy gun actually fires, what the hell.

Yep this is the shit that's annoying me right now. You die before you realise what's happening and it gives you NO time to react.

It's the same in vehicles when missiles hit BEFORE the lock on sound happens.

So....what do you want recon doing exactly? If I play recon I am usually doing a mix of tagging vehicles and spotting people, then I will take people out at cap points or anyone wandering around.

friday

What weapons have you guys been enjoying? I have been bouncing around but I have racked almost 250 kills with the ak-5c. Easily the best carbine for me. Solid rate of fire but controlable at distance, just a nice all around weapon. In the same vain I think the m416 is my favorite assault weapon.

What weapons have you guys been enjoying? I have been bouncing around but I have racked almost 250 kills with the ak-5c. Easily the best carbine for me. Solid rate of fire but controlable at distance, just a nice all around weapon. In the same vain I think the m416 is my favorite assault weapon.

I am in love with the ACR (carbine).

I know the feeling man. I can be in the middle of fucking nowhere behind a rock facing a border of the map that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER and there'll be a fucking recon there to snipe me.

I think a lot of that has to do with the PLD, which pretty much every recon carries now. It's basically the IRNV from BF3 launch and there's no hiding from it.

The last couple days I've noticed the gameplay devolving into primarily snipers vs engineers/armor, at least on the large CQ maps. No fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if the map boundaries on Dawnbreaker are in the top list of things to patch. But even if they did increase the fly zone, it still seems pointless to have a Jet on a map that is so cramped by skyscrapers. Perhaps once you unlock the bombs, jets could have a meaningful impact on the game on the ground. But as it stands, the map is too small and the jet guns so pathetically weak it's not worth it.

Expanding the map boundaries would only make it easier for jet vs jet and occasionally jet vs heli combat.

I can't help to think how fun that map would be if they just got rid of all air vehicles. But DICE just can't help themselves....

I think my favorite though is the attack boat on Flood Zone lol. Because that's exactly what that map needs, an attack boat roaming the narrow streets....

Whats with DICE and shitty servers? BF3 was terrible for servers (main reason why I stopped playing that game (ps3 version)

and now Im hearing that BF4 is even worse!? This isn't giving me the warm and fuzzy feeling for my PS4 copy I have on preorder.

I just don't understand what happened, BC2 had a few issues but played perfectly fine for the most part. I don't understand why DICE cant pull their heads out of their asses and fix their servers.

My biggest concern is that it will be BF3 all over again and no matter what you do there will always be a 50/50 shot that you will get into a garbage server (again PS3 version).

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

SCAR. Which is funny because it's my go-to weapon in CoD, too.

Spl1nter

I can't help to think how fun that map would be if they just got rid of all air vehicles. But DICE just can't help themselves....

I think my favorite though is the attack boat on Flood Zone lol. Because that's exactly what that map needs, an attack boat roaming the narrow streets....

That attack boat gets destroyed so quickly. Its extremely hampered by the fact its navigating in such tight spaces.

elyetis

The last couple days I've noticed the gameplay devolving into primarily snipers vs engineers/armor, at least on the large CQ maps. No fun.
With medic being nerfed ( at least the revive I think ), and the C4 given to snipers/removed from support, it was sadly to be expected.
As if there was a need to make even more people pick the sniper class....

Woo-Fu

Banned
Eh, being able to switch teams is important since you can't pick which team it is going to stick you on AND it doesn't show you how many tickets are left before you join.

After the first few minutes on Paracel or Hainan I switch to whichever team has the best ground attack jet pilot. That team will win just about every time on those maps. It is the only thing I can do about an immortal jet pilot, after all. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

With medic being nerfed ( at least the revive I think ), and the C4 given to snipers/removed from support, it was sadly to be expected.
As if there was a need to make even more people pick the sniper class....

That was just beta. C4 is the last upgrade in the support kit. Claymore is the last upgrade in the sniper kit. The reason it is engineers and snipers mostly in Conquest is because there are better game modes to play support/assault on, ones you don't face a ton of vehicles.

Suppression also seems to do jack shit against snipers. You can sit there and put several rounds in them from a distance, yet the suppression effect doesn't seem to stop their aim from one shotting you. Suppression should be an anti sniper mechanic, but it seems they are immune to it? On any other class taking hits or suppression effect causes your scope to sway like a bitch.

Suppression no longer does much of anything to accuracy, all it does is fiddle with your view. An experienced player just ignores that and drills you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom