• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

I've also just unlocked the SCAR with the Assault class and was able to come first in my team a few games in a row with TDM. The gun is unbelievably powerful, it will win most firefights hands down (AEK-971 still seems to be the best though, can't wait to try that out), although the fire rate and laser like accuracy of the ACW-R still makes that my favorite weapon.
Played AEK and Famas and the Famas is better IMO. AEK was better in BF3.

Lingitiz

Is this safe to buy yet? I was thinking about buying it and letting it download overnight. Where would be the cheapest place?

Yuripaw

Banned
Is this safe to buy yet? I was thinking about buying it and letting it download overnight. Where would be the cheapest place?

I've been looking all over, and I can't really find a "cheapest price"....nothing below $58-60. The best deal seems to be to wait til black friday, and try to get it at gamestop for $30.

Yeah I saw it, but they put the time for Central European Time. That's not very helpful in Cali.

It's always the same time every week. For me it's 7 - 9pm on a Tuesday (Australian time) or there about.

This maintenance should fix the server crashing / kicking problem as well!!! WOOP!

Guys how crazy am I for double dipping on the ps4? I love this on the PC but I've always enjoyed shooters on teh console as well. It seems to make for more mistakes and some more interesting situations due to the fact that aiming isn't really near as precise as on the PC

Faith

I can't find any screenshots from Rogue Transmission to show some friends, it's the best looking map IMO, reminds me of Crysis. I will make some later with 200% resolution ^^

I can't find any screenshots from Rogue Transmission to show some friends, it's the best looking map IMO, reminds me of Crysis. I will make some later with 200% resolution ^^

It's a really cool map. The dish in the middle serves as a major air war zone and you have to be careful not to ram the wires / tower. Also if you get caught out on that thing somehow you are dead as fire is going to come from everywhere. I'm loving the Dam map the most. Water... elevation.... huge flying area.... it's all that a battlefield map should be.

Yuripaw

Banned
Guys how crazy am I for double dipping on the ps4? I love this on the PC but I've always enjoyed shooters on teh console as well. It seems to make for more mistakes and some more interesting situations due to the fact that aiming isn't really near as precise as on the PC

Not that crazy, if it's what you prefer...I just would wait and see how the PS4 version turns out.

abracadaver

groupon had a nice deal last thursday (1 day before release)
BF4 + china rising for 34,99€

bought that and a premium code on ebay for 39,36€

I just hope a patch comes soon that fixes that crashes

Not that crazy, if it's what you prefer...I just would wait and see how the PS4 version turns out.

Well I got it as part of the amazon bundle but was debating on taking it to Wal-mart and swapping it out with another game or keeping it. Target is doing b2g1 as well.

BizzyBum

Battlelog's back up but now the game launches in window mode and it won't let me control the game, just shoots me back out.

This fucking game... lol

Ubersnug

Quick question guys, regarding battlepacks.

I've unlocked bronze, Gold and premium battlepacks. How do you get Silver and what's different about them compared to the other varieties?

Tekku

I've unlocked bronze, Gold and premium battlepacks. How do you get Silver and what's different about them compared to the other varieties?

The quantity and rarity of the items will vary. You can see what type of battlepack you will unlock next on Battlelog.

Also, when you have unlocked all the regular attachments for a gun you will start unlocking weapon battlepacks, and they will hold random attachments. The very popular chinese red dot is amongst those packages (for most guns).

Acinixys

Bronze - 3 items
Silver - 4 Items
Gold - 5 Items

Or should i say

Bronze - 3 XP boosts
Silver - 4 XP boosts
Gold - 5 XP boosts

Laws00

ya i dont want to be that guy but again

I want to play so bad but crashing when trying to get into a game is not fun for me at the slightest bit

COD: Ghost will tide me over for a bit till the servers or what not get sorted and fixed out

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So does this game just have unlocks that unlock during the match like the OP mentioned or are there permanent unlocks based on your performance/exp?

jns

Anyone not crashing? Been like this since release.

I actually never had a single crash in beta. Now I crash every single time the tower goes down--which is every fucking time the map is played of course lol.

I've actually stopped playing till Dice fix some of the problems.

Uh guys.. I just got a superior drop.

That's good right?

uMq6AHv.jpg

How did you open the battlepack in game? I was under the impression you had to leave the server to open it. Something tells me I must have missed something obvious.

U2NUMB

So last night something strange happened. On the 360 and have always opened my battlepacks on Battlelog. After I was done playing last night IN GAME I checked my solder area and just went into battlepacks... every single pack I had opened up on battlelog was still there. It let me open them all again and get new loot.

So not sure if this was just something that happened to my game or if this is a wide thing but if you want more loot give it a try. I still have everything I opened via battlelog.

Weapon Battlepacks are Black

There's Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black.

You seem to get a bronze one every few levels or so, then a gold once you reach a certain milestone like Level 10.

I might be wrong but I think at a certain level you start getting silver's instead of bronze.

On a seperate note, I didn't realise you had to activate XP boosts you received in battlepacks.

I activated a 200% boost during a game of Rush and the boost lasted a whole hour, during which time I picked up a Service Star for Support, an Ammo Medal and a Service Star for the MG4. Probably went up three levels in one match.

FFS. Since the release of this game I have been suffering the usual client crashes and server crashes. Never have I been having fps drops/1 second freezes or the game locking up when I get revived. Now all of a sudden I do!

Ok this game seriously takes forever to unlock shit. Vehicle unlocks seem to come quick, but the base infantry classes take forever it feels like. So many hours in and I've barely unlocked anything. Did they make shit take forever because of all the xp boosts they put in?

BizzyBum

I'm done with this until they fix the crashing. It's almost every other game for me. Probably moving to Killzone once PS4 hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom