• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho

Well that's the fault of the player not the class. You could say the same for any class. Lots of assault dont revive me and give health. Lots of engineers dont repair my vehicle. Lots of support dont give out ammo.

I'll never revive you. You deserve all your deaths.

J-Rzez

Nope, that is on Dice's end. No way to fix that.

I am getting fucking tired of dying when I'm well behind cover.

This part is insult to injury. This is absolutely unacceptable. Not even hearing the gunfire/explosions and you just die, watching the killcam show the guy just coming out from behind a wall.

With this level of latency, I'm stuck with either a heavy hitting shotgun like the 870, or an extremely high RoF weapon like the FAMAS to be competitive.

smr00

Banned
You don't need a port forwarding utility, just log into your router and set them up yourselves.

3659 TCP and UDP

EDIT: I had to turn UPnP off, and add the port, then turn it back on again.
Does this only apply if you are using wireless?

Also i went into my router and see no port forwarding :-/

Jito

Banned
This game is great when it wants to work properly, still think most of my issues stem from my low RAM not meeting the min requirements though, should be able to fix that this week. I've been playing on the EuroGaf server the past few days as MrStabby6, hopefully will see some of you guys on there again tonight. Here's my emblem as well:
2955058836937274042.png

They worked on it, they never truly fixed the netcode in either of those games.

It's not as bad, but it always fluctuates. I don't know a single shooter that has completely eliminated this. It's always been bad in COD especially, dying 2 seconds after being hit behind a wall nosense. Happens a lot in Planetside 2 and holy crap at the random deaths in Arma3

Grief.exe

It's not as bad, but it always fluctuates. I don't know a single shooter that has completely eliminated this. It's always been bad in COD especially, dying 2 seconds after being hit behind a wall nosense. Happens a lot in Planetside 2 and holy crap at the random deaths in Arma3

Source engine games.

So currently, this game has no VSS\AS-VAL equivalent? Do I have to wait around for some DLC to add that?

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Confirmed for coming in DLC.

Honestly, AEK reminds me a lot of how the ASVAL handled in BF3.

Well that's the fault of the player not the class. You could say the same for any class. Lots of assault dont revive me and give health. Lots of engineers dont repair my vehicle. Lots of support dont give out ammo.

It's the fault of both. The class is selfish and has no real benefit to anyone else. You can't revive, give health, repair vehicles or give out ammo. Vast majority of snipers sit on towers, on rooftops, on hills or whatever the location and wait until they see someone in their sights.

Sure you maybe not get support from some people in other classes, but generally most do and the difference is...they actually can!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'll never revive you. You deserve all your deaths.

Same here, this shit needs to stop. We're risking our asses all the time to get you guys back up.

Give me your battlelog i'll add you to my revive banned list. I'm done.

kidding...

Riggs

Banned
It's the fault of both. The class is selfish and has no real benefit to anyone else. You can't revive, give health, repair vehicles or give out ammo. Vast majority of snipers sit on towers, on rooftops, on hills or whatever the location and wait until they see someone in their sights.

Sure you maybe not get support from some people in other classes, but generally most do and the difference is...they actually can!

I soflam non stop, BF4 people actually listen and down the targets it seems. In BF3 I would soflam all day and no one did shit in engineering. Now it seems like people actually shoot my targets down.

Wes

venison crêpe
Tried to play 4 or 5 times today and each time I've crashed in less than two minutes. I'm done until a client patch comes out. Pretty appalling state of affairs.

i'd be fine if they can at least get it to patched bf3's level of netcode, you still had the client side garbo of dying around corners but it was relatively manageable overall; bf4 right now is everything bad about bf and cod netcode combined into a huge potpourri of shit

Grief.exe

I was complaining the other day about the lack of Infantry maps, but I have found my fix: Domination mode.

I have been playing that non-stop the past couple of days for that infantry fix and it has been great. I recommend 32 or 42 players maximum, any more than that and some of the maps are not fun to play.

i'd be fine if they can at least get it to patched bf3's level of netcode, you still had the client side garbo of dying around corners but it was relatively manageable overall; bf4 right now is everything bad about bf and cod netcode combined into a huge potpourri of shit

If you told me we were playing on a P2P server, I would almost believe you.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Does the port forwarding solve game crashes or just server disconnects?

The only thing port forwarding should solve is punkbuster disconnects and those happen during connect to server or shortly after you're connected.

May stats for today.

First 3 matches, no client crash.
Next 3 matches, 3 client crashes.
7th match, server crash.

The first 3 matches had my hopes up for the day only to have them stomped to pieces by the next 4.

Dylx

Does this only apply if you are using wireless?

Also i went into my router and see no port forwarding :-/

Different routers use different terminology for the same thing. Example: Port forward (link sys), Pin Holes (at&t)...ect.

so you may see different terms in the router setup menu.

if all fails use this site.

http://portforward.com

gives you router specific setup.

7 days later and the game is still near unplayable on PC. I've been crashing at the 6th mission on SP, losing all sound but gunfire on the dam and train maps, and crashing after a round or two on any other MP maps. I haven't touched it since last Thursday. Fantastic work EA and DICE.

Nope, since a lot of snipers don't even use any of that shit and just end up camping in one spot until they finally snipe someone, accumulating barely any kills and generally just being useless.

There are just as many assaults not reviving, support players not giving out ammo, and engineers ignoring friendly vehicles as there are worthless recons.

It's the player not the class.

There are just as many assaults not reviving, support players not giving out ammo, and engineers ignoring friendly vehicles as there are worthless recons.

Just as many useless people in those classes as in sniper? Well first of all there's a lot more people playing in those classes than the sniper class, and even then, there are still a lot of people dropping ammo and medkits because generally, they will need them too. Nearly every sniper I have encountered just bunches up with a couple others...just standing there. Least the other classes are actually capturing points, killing dudes etc...actually getting out there.

also this has some of the worst spawns in any bf game, why the fuck does the hotel spawn on hainan drop you like 50 feet outside sometimes aka where there is very likely a fuckton of enemies with their guns pointed that way. bf3 had pretty good spawns for the most part which makes this even weirder.

zedge

Haha true! I love when I'm asking for ammo and three support dudes are just standing around with their finger up their ass. Smh.

I play engineer mostly I heal vehicles like a beast!;)

Tabby

Every server I play on always has people that never PTFO and play their class.
I'd stand next to a support spamming "Need Ammo" on the commorose following them and they do nothing, it's irritating.

So by that logic, when I die and have 20 assault players standing on my corpse without reviving, all assaults are worthless?

That doesn't really make sense. The point you're not getting is that a snipers role is static and has no real influence over someone else. It's a pointless, selfish class that doesn't benefit the team at all. That's why it's useless.

Regardless whether you had 20 assaults over you, or 200, at least one person will revive you, for two reasons. One for their score, and two to keep another team mate alive long enough to kill someone else or whatever the end up doing.

What do most snipers do in this? Sit miles away and camp.

Spl1nter

Honestly with the mav and radio beacon a recon doesn't have to use his gun and he will be one of the most valuable players on his team. Or they can use tugs and pld and be extremely effective defending most points.

WigerToods

Neo Member
I am getting fucking tired of dying when I'm well behind cover.

Me too. This has been an issue since BF3, which they never bothered to fix. I guess it's the engine and/or the servers? Going from CS:GO which has quite a bit of precision in comparison, to BF4, is frustrating.

snipers who tag vehicles can be invaluable to a team

So can any other class.

Honestly with the mav and radio beacon a recon doesn't have to use his gun and he will be one of the most valuable players on his team. Or they can use tugs and pld and be extremely effective defending most points.

Yeah, but most don't. Defending a point or two don't win games. Sure it's effective from time to time, but most snipers are shit and useless. An assault class could defend even more so since they have a gun that shots more than one round than every 2 seconds. They can revive fallen squad/team mates, effectively producing more defense/offence. They can heal others, and most do, because like I said before, most want dem points.

Barely any snipers leave their nest and when they do they're easy to swat.

Edit: Thanks to Grief.exe for recommending domination maps. It's improved my experience exponentially. :)

Grief.exe

Bumping this for next page since I thought this was cool, they give you a title after every game depending on what you did (Look under my name).

Maybe everyone else already knows about this and is not interested. Kind of a cool way to go an reminisce about your game.

cr4yPci.png

Screw the haters. I play Recon with canted iron sights, PLD, and C4. I mark and hold air vehicles and blow up tanks and BTR's all damn day. Snipers who sit in one position all day aren't very good snipers, especially on servers with killcam enabled. Sit down, shoot a few guys, then rush to the next objective.

Martian

Question: is the ranking system from BF2 back, by any chance?
I saw grief.exe's post, and was wondering if they now show most revives, resupplies, headshots etc again.

That doesn't really make sense. The point you're not getting is that a snipers role is static and has no real influence over someone else. It's a pointless, selfish class that doesn't benefit the team at all. That's why it's useless.

Normally I'd agree, but there are roles the recon can do that are pretty invaluable. Producing forward spawn points and lasing targets for instance.

Now, sure, the guy that does none of this and just sits on a hill with his sniper rifle is worthless, but that's the player not the class.

I'm also one of those that believe a good K:D contributes a good deal towards victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom