• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the DMRs are crazy. Unlocked the Mk11 yesterday and holy shit. Not only are they extremely deadly but their hip fire capabilities are hilarious. I'm pulling off this shit left and right;

So how do you unlock these? You'd think battlelog would tell you how on the unlocks page, but I see nothing.

Sethos

Banned
So how do you unlock these? You'd think battlelog would tell you how on the unlocks page, but I see nothing.

Play Recon until you unlock the RFB. Then the DMR weapons will be available for all classes and the score will go towards the next DMR unlock. I didn't find the RFB itself that good as it seemed to have a short delay between the trigger presses. However you definitely need to adapt your playstyle.

otapnam

Man the DMRs are crazy. Unlocked the Mk11 yesterday and holy shit. Not only are they extremely deadly but their hip fire capabilities are hilarious. I'm pulling off this shit left and right;

DXye981.gif

i was actually doing this in BF3 too for awhile

Play Recon until you unlock the RFB. Then the DMR weapons will be available for all classes and the score will go towards the next DMR unlock. I didn't find the RFB itself that good as it seemed to have a short delay between the trigger presses. However you definitely need to adapt your playstyle.
Ahhhh. Thanks. That doesn't sound too terrible.

13000 Recon score to unlock the first one then level them up. Battlelog tells you under the rifles picture.

The first one on on the list was the "MK11 MOD 0" so I clicked on that and saw "0 / 4,000 DMR Score." Kinda hard to get DMR score without a DMR so I was confused. I got it figured out :)

Grief.exe

Anyone figure out how to increase the opacity (or is it decrease?) of certain HUD elements?

Ie the objective locations, player names, revive icons. These are so bright I can't see enemies behind them.

Alright, every single game I get jump in I crash out of, sometimes immediately. Is it this bad for everyone or is my computer having a problem?

Sethos

Banned
The first one on on the list was the "MK11 MOD 0" so I clicked on that and saw "0 / 4,000 DMR Score." Kinda hard to get DMR score without a DMR so I was confused. I got it figured out :)

Don't worry, I was confused too and so was a lot of people. The YouTube video I found had 20-30k views and it wasn't the only one. It's just poorly explained.

Anyone with the PC version get the "origin is not installed" error when trying to launch the campaign? This is my 3rd time downloading and reinstalling the game to see if this error goes away...

Grief.exe

It's that bad for most people. Looking forward to a fix sometime before December.

Hopefully the patches are desynced from the console approval process.
In BF3, we only got updates when the DLC patches were approved by the platform holders. So we got updates in huge chuncks, months behind when we actually needed them.

Dice has already deployed a patch independent of console versions, so hopefully they get everything fixed before they sink back into bad habits.

That is because your missile hits before the pilot even hears the lock on sound. Only in Battlefield!
i was actually doing this in BF3 too for awhile
I loved running with the M417 and ACOG combo. Viable alternative for people wanting to play recon but still stick with their squad playing the objective.

HariKari

Hopefully the patches are desynced from the console approval process.
In BF3, we only got updates when the DLC patches were approved by the platform holders. So we got updates in huge chuncks, months behind when we actually needed them.

Dice has already deployed a patch independent of console versions, so hopefully they get everything fixed before they sink back into bad habits.

I don't know what they are going to do about the bigger issues with the game like how easy it is and how terrible the netcode is. I checked to see if I was eligible for a refund but apparently the 'Origin guarantee' doesn't apply to preorders, because your eligibility starts ticking from the day you ordered.

So, yeah, never preorder games.

I thought I would get more accustomed to how little recoil there is but I haven't. Add the terrible netcode that leads to nearly every encounter 1v1 being a mutual kill and you've got a game that just isn't fun or challenging.

I don't know what they are going to do about the bigger issues with the game like how easy it is and how terrible the netcode is. I checked to see if I was eligible for a refund but apparently the 'Origin guarantee' doesn't apply to preorders, because your eligibility starts ticking from the day you ordered.

So, yeah, never preorder games.

I thought I would get more accustomed to how little recoil there is but I haven't. Add the terrible netcode that leads to nearly every encounter 1v1 being a mutual kill and you've got a game that just isn't fun or challenging.

Not true, i preordered the day before it came out, contacted them (talked to someone via chat) and told them that my game was crashing a lot and that i didn't pay 70$ to be part of a beta test. Got a refund minutes later.

But i did it the day after release.

Grief.exe

Sometimes I lose gun battles before they start or when only one shot is displayed on my screen.

I bet that is a netcode issue as well. The crazy thing is, I generally play on servers <40 ping.

Heysoos

heh I'm watching Olympus has Fallen and the certain part reminds me exactly of how stupid some people are with vehicles. Oh they have anti air, anti vehicle weapons completely set up? SEND OUR COPTERS IN HEAD FIRST!

HariKari

Sometimes I lose gun battles before they start or when only one shot is displayed on my screen.

I bet that is a netcode issue as well. The crazy thing is, I generally play on servers <40 ping.

I like to think that I play the game at a high level. I like winning, teamwork, and enjoy a great squad that works together. But this game is just insufferable right now. I was concerned with the beta, but they had only the low ROF guns, so I thought "surely the high ROF guns will be hard to control" but no. You can run up on the shittiest player in the game and unless the ROF difference between the two of you is >200+, you guys are going to mutually kill each other.

The AEK actually got an accuracy boost, a reduction in side to side recoil, and a faster reload. Let that sink in for a moment.

I guess enough people complained about being stomped on in BF3 that they made it considerably easier for everyone. Great if you are into that sort of thing, but it's hard for me to not feel like the game is cheating me most of the time when I die.

derFeef

Have you tried playing it with carbines, silencers, C4 and motion sensors?

I am bad at sniping, working on the carbines :)
Motion sensors seem broken to me? They do nothing, even when an enemy walks by. was on a normal server so it could not hardcore settings.

Motion sensors seem broken to me? They do nothing, even when an enemy walks by. was on a normal server so it could not hardcore settings.

I've had the same experience, and have seen people in-game mentioning that the motion sensors don't work. Tugs works great, but motion sensor balls appear to be bugged at this time.

Tekku

Yeah, they seem to be as crappy as in the beta. Sometimes I think they fall through the floor or something. :s

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I need to play other classes now to unlock more stuff, i've always played Assault only.

Bread

Banned
Just picked up the 360 version last night. I'm enjoying myself besides the crash every 2 or 3 games. Anyone want to play in a little bit?

Sethos

Banned
Had a fantastic match, DMR shots landing perfectly, pulling off crazy gun kills, even had one of those rounds were all those little things you did were executed 'perfectly' and annoying people:

I35xleE.gif

And then "Disconnected from EA Online"

Am cry ... Am cry.

( One day I will be shouted at for posting all these shitty GIFs )

derFeef

Oh gosh another gif?
I love those gifs

So DMR actually not terrible like many said? Will unlock that tomorrow for my support class.

Sethos

Banned
So DMR actually not terrible like many said? Will unlock that tomorrow for my support class.

It's bad if you use it incorrectly, scope it wrong or just don't have the playstyle for it. It's not a magical weapon or makes an average player good however when everything clicks it's extremely versatile and deadly.

derFeef

It's bad if you use it incorrectly, scope it wrong or just don't have the playstyle for it. It's not a magical weapon or makes an average player good however when everything clicks it's extremely versatile and deadly.

I'm a mid-range fighter, I will always lose those "who shoots first" encounters anyway, will try. I am loving the M249 with laser pointer though - feels like cheating sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom