• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I have a question.

BF4 Premium says that you will be able to play each expansion pack 2 weeks early. China Rising is apart of Premium.

If you pre-order the game, you get China Rising added to your account. What happens when China Rising releases, but I don't own Premium?

Will I not be able to access that content for two weeks? Or are they going to make an exception for that particular DLC?

The Flash

Banned
I have a question.

BF4 Premium says that you will be able to play each expansion pack 2 weeks early. China Rising is apart of Premium.

If you pre-order the game, you get China Rising added to your account. What happens when China Rising releases, but I don't own Premium?

Will I not be able to access that content for two weeks? Or are they going to make an exception for that particular DLC?

You won't be able to play China Rising two weeks early. You'll have to wait until it releases for non-Premium members.

RS4-

How does spotting and range work for recon?

If ranged properly, you don't have to account for bullet drop and guess with the mil-dots.

Say your target is exactly 100m. If your scope is ranged at 0, you have to aim above the targets head. But if you range it to 100m on your scope, you aim directly at his head.

Kabuto

I just bought one today to speed up BF4 loading. :) I plan to install Windows 8.1 on it as well, going from a Windows 7 installation. Now I need to find the case tray tucked away in the basement that I can mount the SSD into. Ah snap.
I'm going to do the same exact thing as you tomorrow! Supposed to be getting a 250gb SSD in the mail tomorrow!

Just had a game on Paracel Storm that was perfect Battlefield. Hadn't really gotten any good boat combat in and piercing through the huge waves chasing boats down and then nearly crashing into the ship that was crashing into the island. It was all exactly why I like Battlefield. When it works, 4 is pretty superb.

Macattk15

Mother FUCKING crashes.

I was 27-2 on that fucking map when it crashed too.

If I stay out of any BF4 servers my battle log will update when that match ends right?

If ranged properly, you don't have to account for bullet drop and guess with the mil-dots.

Say your target is exactly 100m. If your scope is ranged at 0, you have to aim above the targets head. But if you range it to 100m on your scope, you aim directly at his head.

Wtf? Ranging my scopes?

I never understood Sniping in BF ... and I've always been shit at it.

How the fuck do you range scopes?

Facism

game finally clicked for me tonight. Took a little longer than bf3 did, shit netcode and interp didn't help.

I'm going to put some of it down to finally giving up on the terrible LMGs and going DMR. delicious weaponry.

tatsuki

Some of my reckless flying from the gaf server earlier.
in6O2W2ybsFPm.gif

ioIUZkEg2H1gM.gif

Bread

Banned
Just had a game on Paracel Storm that was perfect Battlefield. Hadn't really gotten any good boat combat in and piercing through the huge waves chasing boats down and then nearly crashing into the ship that was crashing into the island. It was all exactly why I like Battlefield. When it works, 4 is pretty superb.
Yea as a whole the game has been hit or miss, but god damn it's so good when it hits. Parcel Storm is a really cool map, I love assaulting the island bases.

RS4-

Wtf? Ranging my scopes?

I never understood Sniping in BF ... and I've always been shit at it.

How the fuck do you range scopes?

I don't remember if it was in BF3, I absolutely hated sniping in that game, felt completely different from BC2 and '42.

In 4, you hit V (on console I don't know what the respective button is). But default, it's at 0m. Next is 100, etc. I don't remember the next set of values, but it does go up to 1000m. Maybe it was 0-500, 1000. Something like that.

Leading shots on the other hand...

Anyway, I don't use it. I'm used to just doing it old school with the lead and accounting for bullet drop instead of zeroing in on them with the finder.

shinn623

GAF NA server is awesome. Did not crash a single time in several games. Left very satisfied. Might also be that I set the game to play on 64 bit default also.

My gosh IR scope (in my case FLIR for acw-r) makes all guns ridiculous. It seems you always get the jump on every single encounter. Took out like 8 people by myself before dying due to running out of ammo on parcel.

phaonaut

I played a game of obliteration on parcel storm earlier and it was constant battling on water, it was a really new experience.

So tonight on Lancang dam oblideration I decided to start leveling up recon.

Using the default rifle LR4, 14x scope I got this:

Longest Headshot 996.12

I had two in the round from the same spot.

shinn623

I played a game of obliteration on parcel storm earlier and it was constant battling on water, it was a really new experience.

Hey. I think I played against you for a several rounds. I was on the winning side though. Think I was on the same side on that game of parcel storm though, twas indeed a pretty fun round. Sent you a friend on battlelog.

Heh... was just playing Flood Zone and was passenger in a little helicopter. I run out of all my ammo for my main gun when all of a sudden another enemy helo rises up out of no where. So I take out my pistol and start shooting away and somehow killed the pilot.

And then of course the server crashed.

Daigoro

So even the console releases are suffering from crashes? Woah, guess I should wait a bit before getting it, shame since I was excited to maybe pick up a 360 copy this weekend.
seems like the console versions are a bit more stable from what I'm reading. I've played 8 hours in the last two days with no crashes or disconnects.

you'll get your share of early day server issues and good old frostbite bugs, but it's not unbearable. I'm having fun.

So can any other class.

Yeah, but most don't. Defending a point or two don't win games. Sure it's effective from time to time, but most snipers are shit and useless. An assault class could defend even more so since they have a gun that shots more than one round than every 2 seconds. They can revive fallen squad/team mates, effectively producing more defense/offence. They can heal others, and most do, because like I said before, most want dem points.

Barely any snipers leave their nest and when they do they're easy to swat.

"so can any other class" is the exact counter argument people are using on your argument. doesn't really cut it.

you're calling the class snipers, they are recons. they can also equip carbines and shotguns. they don't have to camp a mile away in the bushes. just because plenty do isn't a good argument.

and "defending a point or two" is exactly how you win a game of conquest. as long as you're close enough to recap or prevent the cap in the first place.

Some of my reckless flying from the gaf server earlier.

LOL, I always roadkill with choppers as well it's awesome to do and often it's easier than shooting them, however the upgraded cannons on the scout choppers are so damn good when you've go the belt feeder unlocked, I reckon the scout chopper is better than the attack chopper with two people in it (especially if you've got a dedicated repairer). My favorite thing to do in the game is fly scouts.

I haven't unlocked the surface missiles yet but I'm sure it will be a killer setup when I have them.

I know people don't seem to like the RFB, but man, I've been having a good time with it. Used it pretty much exclusively tonight, and it's now my third most-used gun. Up to 32.5% accuracy and 115 kills, running the ACOG, laser and suppressor (undecided on my favorite grip).

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397966110279282048/247438993/
Aw yeah \o/

I love any of the single shot sniper rifles like the RFB and the MK11 Mod 1 especially using with an ACOG and canted iron sights or just a red dot or holo sight. They kill the quickest, it's usually two shots and they're down. Put a laser sight on there and a grip and you've got a brutal run and gun weapon.

Edit - All this talk about the Recon class being pricks... I actually think the Recon class is one of the best - when not using sniper rifles. When you've unlocked a lot of the gadgets and if you use a carbine it's a beast of a class because of the detection devices and C4. Sitting in one spot and sniping is just stupid and usually gets you killed anyway because you'll get spotted and dead quickly soon. If you're going to snipe you've got to snipe a couple of times then move. This game is brutal to people who don't move because I feel like the sound arrow's appear on the map for much longer this time around than before.

Point 2 about this, a lot of the time people will run towards arrows, a good trick is to fire your weapon off so your arrow will appear and then go sit in a corner and let people come running to you and pop them off as they appear. It's especially good to set some C4 around your position and blast your hunters as they approach.

Grief.exe

Played Domination all night, now I am having fun with this game. Just got to find that place with the most infantry battles.

I get tired of getting killed by what I call 'random bullshit' in Battlefield games, stuff like helicopters or random boat coming out of nowhere and shooting you in the back while you are trying to push an objective. Can get frustrating.

I like to play on Infantry focused maps due to that, maps like Seinne or Bazaar in BF3 did the trick. Only problem is there is literally no infantry focused maps in BF4, other than the garbage that is Locker.

I also haven't experienced any crashes since I did the port forwarding fix.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played Domination all night, now I am having fun with this game. Just got to find that place with the most infantry battles.

I get tired of getting killed by what I call 'random bullshit' in Battlefield games, stuff like helicopters or random boat coming out of nowhere and shooting you in the back while you are trying to push an objective. Can get frustrating.

I like to play on Infantry focused maps due to that, maps like Seinne or Bazaar in BF3 did the trick. Only problem is there is literally no infantry focused maps in BF4, other than the garbage that is Locker.

The CQC maps were brilliant in BF3

Cyprus

Banned
The game is great aside from:

I unbound Spacebar from shoot on the planes. It still shoots.
I bound Yaw to the X axis on my mouse, but only works for X+ (right)
The B button is still bound to the console, and is unable to be reassigned, i use this button for teamspeak.
Game freezes
Game crashes
crappy 'oneshot' netcode

Something funny happened today while I was streaming.
http://www.twitch.tv/criticaljeff/c/3198269

Makoto

If you're having netcode issues, try turning off Network Smoothing. Don't even try bullshitting the game at 10% or 20%. Not sure if it's just me, but netcode hasn't been on my list of problems BF4 has at the moment after turning off Network Smoothing.

And oh man, when you get the swing of things with that suppressor... the stress of broadcasting your position every time you fire something just lifts off your shoulders.

Animator

Did they patch the servers or something because I haven't crashed once tonight and I have played like twenty games in a row on different servers.

Qwell

Holy cow just had the most epic string of Rush wins. I we won every single round of rush tonight, and it wasn't even close. Kind of felt bad for the other team but me and my friend along with the other randoms were just on our game. All but 1 game we kept the attackers at the first mcoms, and they would bitch about defenders being too op. The next round we would just dominate and get through all mcoms super quick. Must have played 16 rounds back to back and just kept crushing them.

Then we got to Rush on Locker. They pushed through to the 2nd set of MCOM's and then we held them back. When it was our turn as attackers twice we got down to zero tickets as the attacker and at the last second had a clutch play taking out the MCOM's to get new tickets and advance. Locker is a ton of fun on Rush, but wow the choke points really make it a meat grinder especially since the level gets locked during MCOM's so it really crushes everyone into a few choke points at once.

Game has been very stable for me tonight and having a ton of fun. Really need to try out some of the other game modes though, been sticking with mostly TDM and Rush.

Meh, I'm just gonna put the game on the back burner until they release a patch that fixes all this ridiculous crashes.

Seriously, can't even finish one round atm.

wiggleb0t

Banned
It's not latency issues or lag but it's still there since BFBC2. You go behind a wall and the person shooting at you somehow manages to shoot a few curve bullets resulting in death.
Happens lots of times and it's clearly not a 50ms ping &/or input delay issue. It's the same flaw that's been present since bfbc2 and possibly earlier.

All for engine improvements and graphical fidelity but ffs fix the fundamental flaws!

RickD

Meh, I'm just gonna put the game on the back burner until they release a patch that fixes all this ridiculous crashes.

Seriously, can't even finish one round atm.

Same.

I really want to play it, but the constant crashes or disconnections just ruin the flow. I've lost thousands of points because of it.

Even when i manage to get into a server without disconnecting, it will usually crash loading the next map, or just sit at a black screen.

Sethos

Banned
It's not latency issues or lag but it's still there since BFBC2. You go behind a wall and the person shooting at you somehow manages to shoot a few curve bullets resulting in death.
Happens lots of times and it's clearly not a 50ms ping &/or input delay issue. It's the same flaw that's been present since bfbc2 and possibly earlier.

All for engine improvements and graphical fidelity but ffs fix the fundamental flaws!

It will never be fixed, it's visible in almost all recent shooters to some extend and it'll most likely get worse the more complex games get.

tatsuki

LOL, I reckon the scout chopper is better than the attack chopper with two people in it (especially if you've got a dedicated repairer).
The scout with the 25mm cannons and 2 engineers is almost unstoppable. Have 1 with rpgs and the other with stingers. Make sure you throw an ammo box on the heli for them before you take off.

AllenShrz

It will never be fixed, it's visible in almost all recent shooters to some extend and it'll most likely get worse the more complex games get.

I didn't surfer that on BF3.

Some times there is lag on the entire server even with a 6 ping, but in my case it goes away fast.

I have only crashed once but I have serous sound problems in MP, sometimes I don't hear shots, tanks, planes, etc.

What do you guys think the chances are of getting some free XP Boost packs from support? I keep trying to use them and make a bunch of progress but then lose most of it from server crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom