• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Time for some BF4 trivia you guys!

- By which popular franchise of the 90s was Battlefield 4 inspired?
crash bandicoot

Another one:
- Why are there a lot of real life policemen playing this game?
because they can often yell FREEZE while playing it

Thank you, you've been great! Drive safe and goodnight!

Overdoziz

Banned
I've had the same experience, and have seen people in-game mentioning that the motion sensors don't work. Tugs works great, but motion sensor balls appear to be bugged at this time.
The motion balls work, but only for a very short time. Whenever you hear a loud beep it'll show someone on the map and it'll make a long beep noise when it deactivates. I think the biggest issue people are having with it is that there are no signs on the minimap that it's still active and what the radius is like in Bad Company 2.
Oh gosh another gif?
I love those gifs

So DMR actually not terrible like many said? Will unlock that tomorrow for my support class.
I hate the first DMR (and its iron sights) so I don't see myself unlocking any other ones that are potentially better any time soon. That's probably by biggest issue with the new unlock system.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

crash bandicoot

Another one:

Ok, the first one got me.

crash bandicoot

Another one:

I laughed, and I'll be sure to try the veal.

My final match tonight was great.

CQ on Operation Locker

I was nearing 500 kills with the MG4

Quarter way through, I throw an impact grenade square at a guy's head, kill him and his friend. I unlock hand flares. I didn't think they'd be too great but I equip them anyway to try them out. Good lord are they effective, they really are blinding and very distracting. Any time there was corridor of death, I threw a couple of flares in, charged in after and wasted a good two or three enemies who simply didn't see me through the light.

It saved my life a few times as well, when i'd been shot from behind and my health was low, I'd run off, throw a flare at my feet and turn a corner. All the guy chasing me can see is red white glare and runs straight past me, allowing me to shoot him in the back.

I think they would be much less effective on a more open map but they're a good tool.

The motion balls work, but only for a very short time. Whenever you hear a loud beep it'll show someone on the map and it'll make a long beep noise when it deactivates. I think the biggest issue people are having with it is that there are no signs on the minimap that it's still active and what the radius is like in Bad Company 2.

Hmmmmm no. They're supposed to last up to 24 seconds, yeah, but the problem is that they don't mark anybody. I have seen unmarked enemies running willy-nilly around motion sensors with no effect.

Had a fantastic match, DMR shots landing perfectly, pulling off crazy gun kills, even had one of those rounds were all those little things you did were executed 'perfectly' and annoying people:

I35xleE.gif

And then "Disconnected from EA Online"

Am cry ... Am cry.

( One day I will be shouted at for posting all these shitty GIFs )

C4 kills are the best kills, especially those kind. You would have got a high five from me.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hmmmmm no. They're supposed to last up to 24 seconds, yeah, but the problem is that they don't mark anybody. I have seen unmarked enemies running willy-nilly around motion sensors with no effect.
On console? Because I've been using them on PC for a long time and they're working just fine for me.

Using my iPad as a massive minimal (battle screen) means I can turn the size down on the HUD and put it in my line of sight between keyboard and monitor = winning!

Best feature ever!!!

hey guys, i'm struggling here as a lowly engineer and all my vehicles need a buff and the enemy teams need nerfing and two classes shouldnt have C4 thats OP and damn, those fucking assaults on the more infantry-based maps and areas and i won't even go into the stability of this game or lack thereof ... #Battlefield

C4 kills are the best kills, especially those kind. You would have got a high five from me.

I love it when you know some guy is chasing you, you're low on health and ammo and you I'm and hide. Plant C4 in the entrance to the building and as soon as he appears in the door - *click* - such dirty tactics but so awesome as well. Always get comments on the messages like "fucker" or something like that haha.

hey guys, i'm struggling here as a lowly engineer and all my vehicles need a buff and the enemy teams need nerfing and two classes shouldnt have C4 thats OP and damn, those fucking assaults on the more infantry-based maps and areas and i won't even go into the stability of this game or lack thereof ... #Battlefield

My advice? For now if you're struggling with kills go into conquest and use vehicles to cap points that are uncontested and continue trying this. You get a lot of points on your vehicles by capping points / flags.

I love it when you know some guy is chasing you, you're low on health and ammo and you I'm and hide. Plant C4 in the entrance to the building and as soon as he appears in the door - *click* - such dirty tactics but so awesome as well. Always get comments on the messages like "fucker" or something like that haha.

Oh god, yeah. I saw a jihad-quad heading for a squadmate, so I threw some C4 out in front of our tank and cut the enemy's ride short.

Had a fantastic match, DMR shots landing perfectly, pulling off crazy gun kills, even had one of those rounds were all those little things you did were executed 'perfectly' and annoying people:

I35xleE.gif

And then "Disconnected from EA Online"

Am cry ... Am cry.

( One day I will be shouted at for posting all these shitty GIFs )

You play without motion blur :(

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So how's the game been generally today folks ? Been playing COD DOGE most of the day but was wondering if DICE have pushed out anymore patches/improved performance ?

Sometimes I lose gun battles before they start or when only one shot is displayed on my screen.

I bet that is a netcode issue as well. The crazy thing is, I generally play on servers <40 ping.

Same for me, except some rounds I'm doing great and everything feels at least as good as BF3.. then others it's not even worth shooting at someone because I know they'll win the gunfight.

Wookieomg

So wasn't there supposed to be a "fix" this morning around 10 or 11 CET? I remember seeing something of the sort mentioned yesterday on Battlelog. Did that happen? If so, was it effective? Really don't want to spend more time getting into matches that reward me no xp and constant crashes. ;_;

Corsick

Hello all, I was debating something internally and decided to ask for some help. My question is: should I wait for Black Friday sales or do you think B4 is too popular and far too new to have a sale? On the other hand, Black Friday sales can make a lot of new things go on sale regardless of their demand. Any advice? I want to buy B4 as I have not played a military FPS with any consistency since the original Modern Warfare. Thanks!

Heysoos

ugh doing so shitty today. Can't go positive to save my life. I'm constantly getting killed when I'm behind feets on concrete, I'm getting shot before they even see me, I'm getting the jump on a bunch of people, emptying my clip and still not killing. It's like I'm shooting fucking blanks.

Heysoos

fucking today sucked. My KDR went down from 1.7 something to 1.58. Kept going either negative or 1.0kdr. Couldn't kill anyone for shit, everyone was killing me before I could even see them.

Hello all, I was debating something internally and decided to ask for some help. My question is: should I wait for Black Friday sales or do you think B4 is too popular and far too new to have a sale? On the other hand, Black Friday sales can make a lot of new things go on sale regardless of their demand. Any advice? I want to buy B4 as I have not played a military FPS with any consistency since the original Modern Warfare. Thanks!

you can get bf4 for 39 bucks right now if you use a mexican proxy to access the origin store

This is the first time the netcode has really made me go WTF, I nailed dude right square in the face and missed, you can clearly see I shot first lol.

qMS5Or7.gif

Buy an SSD, seriously it's totally worth it, the difference is like night and day.

I just bought one today to speed up BF4 loading. :) I plan to install Windows 8.1 on it as well, going from a Windows 7 installation. Now I need to find the case tray tucked away in the basement that I can mount the SSD into. Ah snap.

It would be grand if DICE explained what the hell happened between beta and final.

They will most likely say its server load and everyone trying to play is affecting server performance which creates the lag. I honestly don't know what it is, I want to say netcode but it was better in beta than it is now.

Ghazi

So even the console releases are suffering from crashes? Woah, guess I should wait a bit before getting it, shame since I was excited to maybe pick up a 360 copy this weekend.

Remmy2112

Your range was set to 0m.

At that range you don't really need to account for bullet drop. Even if you did that should clearly be at least a damaging hit yet there is no hit marker nor does the killcam show the target as damaged. That is obviously the game's netcode not accounting for the actions of the recorder.

The Flash

Banned
So even the console releases are suffering from crashes? Woah, guess I should wait a bit before getting it, shame since I was excited to maybe pick up a 360 copy this weekend.

BF4 on 360 is a lot of fun. Played with my housemates early today and we were completely dominating in every match we played. If you liked BF3 on 360 then you'll love BF4 for sure. However, my 360 has crashed more often trying to play this game than any other game that I can think of. Netcode isn't that great either so there's that as well. I'm glad that I got it, no doubt, but it is getting annoying.

Grief.exe

It would be grand if DICE explained what the hell happened between beta and final.

Owned by a publicly traded company, you will never hear anything. EA will have that shit so locked up.

They will just fill us with PR non-responses until they get everything fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom